Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Greatest I am on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:26 pm

First topic message reminder :


Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL
avatar
Greatest I am

Posts : 1079
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down


Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:20 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr. Sheldon,
                If you mant to compare animals with humans and put them on the same level, then I do not want to know.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Yet again your inability to understand even basic English is exasperating,

ARE ANIMALS NATURAL? Yes of course they are.

ARE ANIMALS INCLUDING HUMAN ANIMALS HOMOSEXUAL? Yes of course they are.

I can't dumb this down any more I'm afraid.

Every ceature is an individual, the DNA is different to every individual confirming it's individuality.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Humans share an almost identical genome with very little genetic variation, this belies our disparate appearance, and we even share 96% of our genes with chimpanzees, your claim is risible. If you tested the genome of any two humans and compared to the genome of two gorillas living in the same forest you'd find more genetic diversity between the two gorillas than you would between the two humans as we are a younger species. Please read some relevant books before hoovering creationist pseudo-scientific BS, you're embarrassing yourself.

This rather proves a creator than random evolution.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:This rather proves you know nothing about genetics or evolution, and are prone to stuffing your deity into the enormous gulf of knowledge you don't posses.

I keep in touch with the latest regarding DNA etc; and minds continually change regarding the significance of the part it plays.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Hahahhahahahhahahhahahah Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy There simply aren't enough smiley faces for the belly laugh that provided, dear oh dear. sarcasm



Every time man interferes with nature there is a down side and that is why animals behave in certain unfamiliar ways regarding their, or what is thought to be, their natural behaviour.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Let me guess, homosexual behaviour in animals is not natural but a by-product of human gene tampering, another belly laugh. You're a nut job, seek help


Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Out of the 80% of the worlds population against homosexuality, 62% are made up from religions of various kinds.
So you can tell the kind of people who are against any form of homosexuality can you not?
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:28 pm

Sheldon not really a nut job but very deluded with regards to religion mate. Laughing Laughing
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:15 pm

stuart torr wrote:Out of the 80% of the worlds population against homosexuality, 62% are made up from religions of various kinds.
So you can tell the kind of people who are against any form of homosexuality can you not?

He made the statisitc up stu, he never attempts to link his claims to any proper evidence. Besides as I said it's argumentum ad populum, a bare appeal to numbers. He's not bright enough to understand such concepts or he would make such ludicrously simple mistakes whilst bragging about his debating skills and telling me how stupid I am.

What percentage of the world's population once believed the world was flat and that you'd fall off if you sailed passed the horizon? The world isn't flat the last time I checked, so much for a bare appeal to numbers.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:17 pm

stuart torr wrote:Sheldon not really a nut job but very deluded with regards to religion mate. Laughing Laughing

you're a nice guy stu and always see the best in people, but he's been more than a little unpleasant on here, and his prejudices against gay people is fairly typical even if he does think he's not prejudiced. how many times have seen this kind of homophobic bigotry from theists who insist they're not prejudiced.

Hope you're well mate, sorry to hear about your neighbour.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:35 pm

Thank-you Sheldon, but contacted everyone and they will not clean his house up for him they keep changing their minds and passing me to someone else, i've had enough of social services etc
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:42 am

DR Sheldon,
You have a basic lack of actually understanding anything anyone else says.

You are a lost sole, floundering in a plaice more befitting a deranged sole, { bless him, he realy needs help}
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:53 pm

polyglide wrote:DR Sheldon,
               You have a basic lack of actually understanding anything anyone else says.

               You are a lost sole, floundering in a plaice more befitting a deranged sole, {   bless him, he realy needs help}

Sole?

Oh the irony. How you do love your petty insults, and oh how they backfire on you, bless.

Do have anything of value to add to the thread OP or is childish petty insults and execrable spelling and grammar all you have left?
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:31 pm

polyglide wrote:DR Sheldon,
You are a lost sole, floundering in a plaice more befitting a deranged sole, {   bless him, he realy needs help}

Sounds 'fishy' Laughing

A windup surely?
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:02 am

Dr. Sheldon,
A fish out of water I believe.

Evolution, according to you, only relative to living things.

If a person makes one wrong statement, then everything he has ever said is of no revelance. This makes anything any living person says of no consequence.

Fact, you did not even know this could mean, the basis of an aurgument.

You quote Latin, when you do not even understand English.

Etc; Etc;
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:42 am

polyglide wrote:Dr. Sheldon,
                 A fish out of water I believe.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:So that's your best response to your use of sole instead soul and plaice instead of place? Are you claiming it wasn't a deliberate troll?

Evolution, according to you, only relative to living things.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Wrong again, I am neither a scientist nor a biologist, so this claim is not mine, I merely accept it as fact because the massive amount of evidence amassed has been scrutinised and validated by the scientific process, as are the many millions of facts you accept from the same process in complete ignorance of them, but in your case this appears to be simply because they don't conflict with your bronze age religious beliefs.

Though it's again worth reiterating how asinine your man made machine analogies are, and that of course these silly creationist arguments have been roundly refuted many times, and like all creationist claims have never ever managed to get one piece of evidence validated by that same robust scientific method.  

                 If a person makes one wrong statement, then everything he has ever said is of no revelance. This makes anything any living person says of no consequence.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Another truly imbecilic claim, but unlike you I'll evidence my refutation with your own earlier example of Sir Isaac Newton.

His Physics has been validated and proved by science and accepted as true, his beliefs in astrology and alchemy utterly refuted as it has not stood up to the same scrutiny. So your claim is absurdly wrong.

Fact, you did not even know this could mean, the basis of an aurgument.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:I have no idea what you're referring to, and if it's your claim that a person must be 100% correct or everything they say is 100% wrong then I think the sheer rank stupidity of it speaks for itself, but since you can't see this you can simply look at my example of Sir Isaac Newton and tell us if you think that he was:
1 Wrong about gravity?
2. Or conversely that you think he was right about alchemy and astrology?

So which is it?

You quote Latin, when you do not even understand English.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Another childish insult in place of cogent argument, the only appropriate response is to again ask you to grow up. Though the irony of that attempt to insult me coming from a man who can't spell argument or relevant in the same post won't be wasted on most here, as it clearly is on you.

                Etc; Etc;
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Etc. etc. indeed, though what the semi colons are for I don't know, this must be down to my lack of understanding of written English. Though I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice that deflection and insult are pretty much all you have, and that you don't address my post at all. Just as I'm sure many are wondering how a self proclaimed "expert" in debating like yourself can be unaware of, and use, a basic logical fallacy like argumentum ad populum.  
 
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:27 am

Dr Sheldon,
I have explained the reason for my spelling mistakes, I use a computer that does not have the facilities to check for any mistakes and as I have limited time to check my posts.

I am sure that if someone wrote to you and stated, that hif yoo doo not halter your hatitude regardin thee the mater in qeustion, the hole of yore hassets wil be connfiscated, you would pay attention.

The written word is to enable one to communicate with each other by other means than speech and there are many with far more intelligence and far more to offer who are not able to spell than those who feel superior in that respect.

avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:30 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr Sheldon,
                I have explained the reason for my spelling mistakes, I use a computer that does not have the facilities to check for any mistakes and as I have limited time to check my posts.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:It's a little sad you don't know how stupid this claim is. I've told you repeatedly your Web browser will have a spellchecker. Perhaps if you didn't continually resort to petty childish insults I'd be inclined to ignore your execrable spelling.
                I am sure that if someone wrote to you and stated, that hif yoo doo not halter your hatitude regardin thee the mater in qeustion, the hole of yore  hassets wil be connfiscated, you would pay attention.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:As usual you are laughably wrong.

                The written word is to enable one to communicate with each other by other means than speech and there are many with far more intelligence and far more to offer who are not able to spell than those who feel superior in that respect.  
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:If there were an award for stating the obvious you'd win it. Your point?

               

So you have nothing salient to say about my post again?
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:30 pm

DR. Sheldon,
Just as I thought, you would end up on a corner begging for a crust.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:25 pm

polyglide wrote:DR. Sheldon,
                  Just as I thought, you would end up on a corner begging for a crust.

Ad hominem, again.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:13 am

Dr. Sheldon,
Surely you mean, hitting home again.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:39 am

you two still at it even though ive been away with computer trouble?
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:44 am

Hi Stu,
It's having a laugh that keeps you going, even in the midst of a serious topic and there is nothing more serious than life.

regards.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:46 am

Have to go, dinner eady and couple of miles to go.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:03 pm

Good way of looking at it PG, In that case keep on smiling. Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:47 am

polyglide wrote:Dr. Sheldon,
                Surely you mean, hitting home again.

No, I meant ad hominem again. It seems to be your MO when your beliefs are challenged. As is ignoring what people post and simply going off on another proselytising rant. It's not very compelling as I've mentioned, so it's risible to suggest your childish ad hominem in place of cogent argument above is hitting home. If this is your idea of expert debating skills then it is really quite sad.

You could try addressing the topic and the post contents. I always have the decency to quote yours and address all of it, even if it is errant rubbish.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:57 am

DR Sheldon,
I realy do want to attempt to consider different aspects regarding life in general and the origin.

However, you do not appear to even consider other possibilities other than to point out what you feel are not relevant when many others disagree.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:43 pm

polyglide wrote:DR Sheldon,
                I realy do want to attempt to consider different aspects regarding life in general and the origin. However, you do not appear to even consider other possibilities other than to point out what you feel are not relevant when many others disagree.

Do get off your high horse, your posts show quite clearly that you have no interest in anything except the dogma and doctrine contained in your chosen religion. You dismiss out of hand any and all evidence and facts that refute any of it. What possibilities are you talking about? I have only dismissed creationism as it has zero evidence to support it, and the myth of Genesis and biblical creation is roundly refuted by the scientific facts. Why would I consider puerile myths about talking snakes and men magic'd into existence from clay in an instant when we know this is nonsense? These are not possibilities, that is the fact you seem unable to want to face as it would pull down the house of cards you've created to support your beliefs. What's more you again use the lie that the points I've made about evolution and creationism are down to how I feel, that's rank dishonesty as evolution is supported by scientific evidence. I don't really care how many disagree with evolution, and favour the absurdity of creationism, as you are again using the logical fallacy argumentum ad populum, a bare appeal to numbers.

Millions believed the world flat and your religion championed a geocentric universe for thousands of years, the earth is not flat and the earth is not at the centre of the universe, proving that the number of people who believe something is meaningless without evidence to support the assertion.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Dr. Sheldon,

Exactly, that is why what you believe is no more relevant than that which I believe.

However, what I believe gives a reason and a cause, you have nothing to offer only theories.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:47 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr. Sheldon,  

                Exactly, that is why what you believe is no more relevant than that which I believe.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:So you're claiming what you believe has no relevance? It's hard to believe your busy lecturing me on your English skills in the other thread after that howler.

For the record I have no beliefs, I base what I accept as true on evidence, unlike you.

However, what I believe gives a reason and a cause, you have nothing to offer only theories.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Not at all, theism is intellectually lazy, instead of striving to unravel the mysteries of the universe as science does you simply claim "goddidit" with no evidence at all.

The theory lie again, really? Now that's lazy and sloppy. Tell us about your superior understanding of English and how I can't grasp simple word definitions, after you've proved again that you can't grasp that words have different meanings when they're used in tandem. Tell us Polyglide is a car seat the same thing as a car? Dear oh dear this is hilarious nonsense from you again.

We'll give it another try though.

"A scientific theory is a series of statements about the causal elements for observed phenomena. A critical component of a scientific theory is that it provides explanations and predictions that can be tested."

Note the second sentence. Here's a link, let's see if you really do want learn something and are not just proselytising.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:30 am

DR Sheldon,
I just cannot grasp your total lack of misunderstanding the written word.

I did not say either of our ideas had no reverlance, what I stated was that one had no more than the other [ I do wish you would get someone to explain these things before you reply, you make yourself look a proper idiot]

I can give you numerous other scientific papers that totally disagree on just as sound grounds but all you say is they are wrong.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:20 pm

polyglide wrote:DR Sheldon,
                 I just cannot grasp your total lack of misunderstanding the written word.

                 I did not say either of our ideas had no reverlance,
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:oh the irony.. Very Happy

what I stated was that one had no more than the other [ I do wish you would get someone to explain these things before you reply, you make yourself look a proper idiot]
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Oh I think you've stolen that award.
                  I can give you numerous other scientific papers that totally disagree on just as sound grounds but all you say is they are wrong.    
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:So you finish with yet another blatant idiotic lie.

1. You haven't cited a single scientific paper.
2. I asked you repeatedly to cite evidence that was validated by science and therefore peer reviewed.
3. It's abundantly clear you either don't understand the difference between someone's opinion and work that has been peer reviewed, or you're not honest enough to admit the truth that not one piece of evidence has ever been peer reviewed to refute Darwinian evolution.
4. If any such evidence existed and evolution was refuted then quite obviously it'd be world news and we wouldn't need to hear it from some deluded self important blow hard in an Internet chat room.
5. Such a paradigm shifting change in scientific thinking would make the discoverer a household name and certainly win them a Nobel prize, so only a complete moron would suggest it's happened and not see how stupid the claim were.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:23 pm

I notice you still ignore any and all attempts to educate you on the definition of a scientific theory. Is it rank dishonesty or breathtaking stupidity?

Or both perhaps, they're not mutually exclusive after all.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by boatlady on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Is it just me, or is there a total lack of any possibility of common ground here?

If so, I wonder what you both think you're doing - this is a discussion forum, not the arena for a slanging match - I would say where there's no possibility of finding common ground, maybe there's nothing to discuss - if you just want to insult each other there is a PM facility
avatar
boatlady
Administrator (Global Moderator)

Posts : 3791
Join date : 2012-08-24
Location : Norfolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:30 pm

boatlady wrote:Is it just me, or is there a total lack of any possibility of common ground here?

If so, I wonder what you both think you're doing - this is a discussion forum, not the arena for a slanging match - I would say where there's no possibility of finding common ground, maybe there's nothing to discuss - if you just want to insult each other there is a PM facility

Fair comment perhaps. Though I'll not be resorting PM,so obviously. I'll make more of an effort to stay on topic.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by boatlady on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:46 pm

Thank you
avatar
boatlady
Administrator (Global Moderator)

Posts : 3791
Join date : 2012-08-24
Location : Norfolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:53 pm

In answer to the thread topic the whole narrative was by men in a male dominated society where women had few if any rights. So clearly the misogynistic nature of this narrative is a direct result of it's male origins.

Of course if the narrative was really from a perfect being then it's a lot harder to explain rationally.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:31 pm

As I recall, Adam had a bite of the apple and became a sinner.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:26 pm

polyglide wrote:As I recall, Adam had a bite of the apple and became a sinner.

I think GIA's implication here is that the biblical narrative casts Eve as the villain more than Adam. If the myth were true of course only God would be culpable as a being with omniscience would have known beforehand the exact outcome of placing the fruit within harms way.

Given the myth also claims God to be omnipotent then it's absurdly illogical to blame the two humans in the myth for the outcome.

As I said in my last post a male dominated misogynistic society by comparison would view the narrative of this myth as reasonable, even just.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:33 pm

Dr. Sheldon,
Do not be a silly Billy.

You just cannot grasp what is actually involved.

The part played by Satan is a mystery to you, or your comments would be more sensible.

Without considering all that was involved in the fall of mankind, you cannot possibly form an informed opinion.

Just read the references I gave you previously.

I concede that God would probably know what would happen to mankind if he went against what God's instructions were.

Just as a motor machanic would know what would happen, if you ran out of fuel in the middle of the desert with no chance of anyone helping you etc;

avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by snowyflake on Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:41 pm

The part played by satan is a mystery to you as well since you weren't there. You are taking the word of a fairy tale.

I am in all sincerity asking you if you believe that the garden of eden was a real place and that the events as outlined in genesis literally took place. That the serpent actually spoke to Eve and that there was an actual Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and a Tree of Life.

If you do believe this as a literal event please let me know because that opens the door to a whole raft of questions.
avatar
snowyflake

Posts : 1217
Join date : 2011-10-07
Age : 59
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:16 pm

snowyflake,
The answer is, no.

I do not know the answer, nor do I pretend to understand the actual sequence of events, I have come to the conclusion that I am unable to reconcile anything about that time with the present day.

There are several alternatives, the most obvious is that it is symbolic, however, I do not put it beyond the powers of God for it to be so, I myself just do not have the understanding to fathom it out, so I stopped trying and based my faith on the New Testament.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:14 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr. Sheldon,  Do not be a silly Billy.  You just cannot grasp what is actually involved.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Whereas you cannot grasp that capitalising do in that sentence is hilarious. Do cut the crap there's a good fellow, you've been warned about your ad hominem.

polyglide The part played by Satan is a mystery to you, or your comments would be more sensible.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:What's a mystery to me is how a grown man in the 21st century can seriously be so gullible as to believe in imbecilic Satanic fantasies. Let alone find them remotely sensible.

polyglide Without considering all that was involved in the fall of mankind, you cannot possibly form an informed opinion. Just read the references I gave you previously.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Well I'm sure we're all aware now that how much you value your own opinion, and that you consider it the only informed opinion. However, bronze age fictions don't really interest me all that much beyond trying to negate the harm they still do, and I certainly have better things to do with my time than try to subjectively mould them into something sensible, when they're quite clearly bunkum.
                 
polyglide I concede that God would probably know what would happen to mankind if he went against what God's instructions were.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Not what I said at all, Christianity has always claimed their god to be omniscient, and also claimed humans have free will. It amazes me how often individual Christians are entirely unaware of the obvious logical paradox those claims produce. It appears you hadn't even considered it, I'm not surprised really.


polyglide Just as a motor machanic would know what would happen, if you ran out of fuel in the middle of the desert with no chance of anyone helping you etc;  
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote: Good god man, mechanic not machanic (sic), and that is quite possibly the stupidest analogy I've ever seen.  A mechanic knowing about cars is hardly comparable with omniscience is it? Please look up omniscience in the dictionary then see if you can work out the logical paradox of claiming such a being exists and that it has granted humans free will? It's not that complex a premise.  
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:18 pm

polyglide wrote:snowyflake, The answer is, no. I do not know the answer, nor do I pretend to understand the actual sequence of events, I have come to the conclusion that I am unable to reconcile anything about that time with the present day. There are several alternatives, the most obvious is that it is symbolic, however, I do not put it beyond the powers of God for it to be so, I myself just do not have the understanding to fathom it  out, so I stopped trying and based my faith on the New Testament.

The most obvious explanation and the simplest is that is a complete fiction, a myth, man's first (fallible) attempt to explain his existence. This fit's the evidence, is rational, logical, and satisfies Occam's razor, I'm not sure we can ask for much more.

Polyglide wrote:I myself just do not have the understanding to fathom it  out, so I stopped trying
I can't say I'm remotely surprised.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:42 pm

Dr, Sheldon,
It takes very little to suprise you, that is possibly why you do not understand other peoples explanations and understandings.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:10 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon,
                It takes very little to suprise you, that is possibly why you do not understand other peoples explanations and understandings.

It's surprise, not surprise (sic). Do you have a point or is this another pointless ad hominem? What is it you're claiming I don't understand, what evidence have you for this claim? You keep doing this but never say what you claim is misunderstood, or why. All very childish, and pointless.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum