Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Greatest I am on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:26 pm

First topic message reminder :


Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

I think that Adam, not being deceived, was more culpable than Eve.

Why then did God favor the guiltiest, Adam, with, --- he shall rule over you?

Men rule over women? Why when men were not deceived but disobeyed?

What was the transgression, --- if not a wise decision to choose knowledge and wisdom and shun immortality of the flesh, --- even if that were possible, --- and why was Adan not punished as hard as Eve when he was clearly more guilty?

Regards
DL
avatar
Greatest I am

Posts : 1056
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down


Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:11 pm

I am afraid PG when talking to atheists such as myself or Sheldon, it is very hard to provide proof that beings such as satan exist, but of course it is your right to believe in the bible and it's contents however you may wish, I just hope that our non-believing does not upset you too much.

stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Greatest I am on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:41 am

polyglide wrote:Before making comments regarding Satan, read the Bible and learn the actual facts regarding the present days, it is no good claiming to be Greatest and acting like a fool. The Dandy and Beano you read are all out of date.

Real facts like snakes and donkeys can talk human speach and bats are birds and a God can somehow die.

Yep good facts. For fools.

Regards
DL
avatar
Greatest I am

Posts : 1056
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:32 am

Why should my non belief upset anyone? Do they worry their non belief in all the other deities humans have invented will upset those adherents of other superstitions?

We are all aware that some theists reserve the right for them and their beliefs alone to take offense and think it trumps the rights of all others. The recent appalling acts of religious terrorism in Paris being the latest point in case.

Belif is a right. As is freedom of speech and expression. Though I would say the former can never negate the latter no matter how upset the credulous get when people exercise their right to freedom of expression.

avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:34 pm

That was absolutely disgusting as to what happened in Paris was it not Sheldon, all over a cartoon.
Mind you they have attacked the offices before haven't they when they bombed it.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Greatest I am on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:51 pm

Paris was a drop in the bucket as compared to the Christian carnage of the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

With luck, all literalist and non-inclusionary religions will be outlawed. They promote hate for the other tribes instead of love. At their roots, all religions are tribes.

Regards
DL

avatar
Greatest I am

Posts : 1056
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:19 pm

You really should check your information properly GIa, as you really do talk rubbish due to your religion.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Greatest I am on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:08 pm

stuart torr wrote:You really should check your information properly GIa, as you really do talk rubbish due to your religion.

Your quite the character. Everything I say you deny yet never correct.

Chastisement without correction is a form of hate. You seem to love to hate.

Regards
DL
avatar
Greatest I am

Posts : 1056
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:26 pm

Greatest I am wrote:
stuart torr wrote:You really should check your information properly GIa, as you really do talk rubbish due to your religion.

Your quite the character. Everything I say you deny yet never correct.

Chastisement without correction is a form of hate. You seem to love to hate.

Regards
DL

You're quite the character, not your. You are is abbreviated as you're. To be fair most of what you claim is the same kind of superstition you claim to despise in established religion, and the best you can manage for evidence is some hokum YouTube clips.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:34 pm

Greatest I am wrote:Paris was a drop in the bucket as compared to the Christian carnage of the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

With luck, all literalist and non-inclusionary religions will be outlawed. They promote hate for the other tribes instead of love. At their roots, all religions are tribes.

Regards
DL


Outlawing beliefs that you don't agree with is precisely what this appalling terrorist act was hoping to achieve. The right to believe is not in question, nor should it be, what's vital is that everyone has the right to comment on any beliefs. Something these terrorists vehemently want to stop. Blasphemy is something we really should hope could be consigned to history now that we are in the 21st century.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Greatest I am on Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:44 pm

Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Paris was a drop in the bucket as compared to the Christian carnage of the Dark Ages and Inquisition.

With luck, all literalist and non-inclusionary religions will be outlawed. They promote hate for the other tribes instead of love. At their roots, all religions are tribes.

Regards
DL


Outlawing beliefs that you don't agree with is precisely what this appalling terrorist act was hoping to achieve. The right to believe is not in question, nor should it be, what's vital is that everyone has the right to comment on any beliefs. Something these terrorists vehemently want to stop. Blasphemy is something we really should hope could be consigned to history now that we are in the 21st century.

Outlawing belief is not the same as using force to push your own and Gnostic Christianity, like most Eastern based religions does not require of have woo in our theology.

That is why we say that the only God fit to rule man is a man.

You are fixated on all religions as equal and woo based and they are not.

Regards
DL
avatar
Greatest I am

Posts : 1056
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:41 am

I am not fixated on religions at all, nor do I view them as equal, though I do view them all as superstitious myths.

I have no idea what you mean by woo. The only definition of this word I am aware of in English is a romantic Phrase.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:58 am

The present circumstances the world finds itself in [although there have been similar periods] there have never been any that exactly fits those predicted in the Bible that would be prior to the end of the world as we know it.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Greatest I am on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:14 pm

Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:I am not fixated on religions at all, nor do I view them as equal, though I do view them all as superstitious myths.

I have no idea what you mean by woo. The only definition of this word I am aware of in English is a romantic Phrase.

Apologies. Not everyone uses that term.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Woo

Regards
DL
avatar
Greatest I am

Posts : 1056
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Greatest I am on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:18 pm

polyglide wrote:The present circumstances the world finds itself in [although there have been similar periods] there have never been any that exactly fits those predicted in the Bible that would be prior to the end of the world as we know it.

There has never been a period where we have been as generous to the poor as now and all the other markers for evil are at the lowest rate per capita than ever before. Only those with closed minds will not recognize the goodness of mankind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo

Regards
DL
avatar
Greatest I am

Posts : 1056
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:08 pm

"generous to the poor" let me meet them GIa as no-one has been generous to myself i'm afraid.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Greatest I am on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:00 pm

stuart torr wrote:"generous to the poor" let me meet them GIa as no-one has been generous to myself i'm afraid.

The poor do not have computers or the time you have to do nothing but come up with such garbage.

Regards
DL
avatar
Greatest I am

Posts : 1056
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:45 pm

Computer bought when I was not as poor as now, plus all you do is come out with garbage GIa.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:21 am

Hi Stu.
The proof so far as I am concerned is evident by the state mankind has got himself into.

Just consider all the problems mankind has ceated for himself, mankind has been given the ability to think for himself and use all that the earth provides.

If there are not good and bad influences then how have we ended up in the present state?

No Stu, I do not get upset that you do not hold my belief. however. I do get worried about your future and attempt to give you an alternative to a negative stance and although I respect your views and opinions I feel they are not in accordance with the facts.



avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:15 pm

polyglide wrote:Hi Stu.
         The proof so far as I am concerned is evident by the state mankind has got himself into.

          Just consider all the problems mankind has ceated for himself, mankind has been given the ability to think for himself and use all that the earth provides.

          If there are not good and bad influences then how have we ended up in the present state?

          No Stu, I do not get upset that you do not hold my belief. however. I do get worried about your future and attempt to give you an alternative to a negative stance and although I respect your views and opinions I feel they are not in accordance with the facts.



         

This seems to presuppose supernatural causation, there is no evidence for this. So what you're claiming is proof is actually nothing more than mere conjecture based on your own beliefs. The problems we face are complex but the biggest is population growth which if it goes unchecked will most likely have catastrophic consequences for us and most other life in the not too distant future. Our evolved intellects gave us choice, just as a chimpanzee has more choice than a slug. Unfortunately it didn't come with a book of do's and dont's.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:54 pm

Every one of God's creations is befitted with the means to carry on it's life as intended and of course there are geat varieties involved for the pleasure of mankind.

The biggest problem man has always had is the inability to govern himself or the population of the world would have been taken into consideration by all nations involved and there would be no wars etc;

It is unecessary for any animal to have a book, God already provided all with the means to live the life intended, it is the abuse that has caused all the problems.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:22 am

There is no evidence for creationism, and the biblical account is completely erroneous. Refuted by mountains of scientific evidence. Including evolution which gets no mention in either Bible or koran.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by patakace on Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:26 am

polyglide wrote:Every one of God's creations is befitted with the means to carry on it's life as intended and of course there are geat varieties involved for the pleasure of mankind.

The biggest problem man has always had is the inability to govern himself or the population of the world would have been taken into consideration by all nations involved and there would be no wars etc;

It is unecessary for any animal to have a book, God already provided all with the means to live the life intended, it is the abuse that has caused all the problems.


Is this satire ?
Are you having a laugh ?
If so , I am smiling -- because there still are people who think like that .
avatar
patakace
Deactivated

Posts : 124
Join date : 2015-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:38 am

PG THINKS AS THEY WISH. Just because you do not think the same, there is no need to ridicule as you were told yesterday I believe.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:43 am

polyglide wrote:Every one of God's creations is befitted with the means to carry on it's life as intended and of course there are geat varieties involved for the pleasure of mankind.

Since like quoting spurious statistics and odds I wonder if you've even considered the astronomical odds of the countless evolved species being created in one instant by magic?

Or wondered why a deity that could do this because it was omnipotent needed to tweak it constantly with evolution?

Or why the same deity kept inexplicably silent for hundreds of millenia of human existence only to break its silence in bronze age middle east to communicate a risible and puerile story about men being made from clay in an instant with talking snakes and magic fruit trees. Yet makes no mention of evolution, ignores the hundreds of millions of years it spent evolving different kinds of dinosaurs, gets even the most basic cosmological concepts wrong and leaves many of the human species believing this nonsense even today after science has utterly refuted it in just a few hundred years?
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by patakace on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:11 pm

stuart torr wrote:PG THINKS AS THEY WISH. Just because you do not think the same, there is no need to ridicule as you were told yesterday I believe.

He starts with a conclusion and then builds on something he has no evidence for .
That is an abuse of logic and is therefore ridiculous .
It is much ore than just a question of different opinions .
It is initially a difference between someone basing a world view on nothing but a belief with no rational support , let alone sensible evidence .And someone who does not .
It is no different logically from saying that we were all re-created around 13500 years ago by one or more beings that knew how to restructure our hard wiring . At least there is considerable support for such a view , however surprised or disbelieving you might be by that.
Regardless , it is arrogant for PG to assume that others will be interested or affected by a belief which has no reasoned and evidenced support . That is , something which is ridiculous and needs ridiculing in case impressionable and unsophisticated minds also fall into error and take such nonsense seriously ..
.
avatar
patakace
Deactivated

Posts : 124
Join date : 2015-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:26 pm

It does not need ridiculing, debate it if you wish, we all have our beliefs do we not patakace, like you have yours changing from a woman to a man simply by being banned from another forum?
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:06 pm

Dr. Sheldon,
I have explained how dinasaurs came about, by instant creation, the largest dinasaur I have read about weighed 45 tons.

Now explain this through evolution.

You opt out of anything to do with reality and base your opinions on theory.

There are no inbetweenees or there would be millions of examples from the single cell to the present day, one eyed three legged, four eyed, plants that were nothing like those of today etc; etc; There are none.

Just look at an acorn and the fact it can produce an oak tree, which came first etc; etc; there are no answers other than intelligence leading to creation being involved.

If you think not then give a reason based on fact.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:25 pm

P.G. that is like saying the immortal question though is it not? which came first the chicken or the egg? no-one has the answer to that either have they? and that is from myself an atheist. Laughing
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:11 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr. Sheldon,
                I have explained how dinasaurs came about, by instant creation, the largest dinasaur  I have read about weighed 45 tons.

                Now explain this through evolution.

Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Explain it through magic? Evolution has already explained it. While you're at it you can explain why your god bothered evolving dinosaurs for hundreds of millions of years before bothering to evolve humans? Then perhaps you can explain why your god didn't mention any of this in Genesis? Fairly sloppy communicator for an omnipotent omniscient being.

                 You opt out of anything to do with reality and base your opinions on theory.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Ah you seem determined to illustrate that you don't know what a scientific theory is, or is it a deliberate misrepresentation? It's nothing more than dishonest semantics to keep trying to claim that the word theory doesn't have a different meaning in this context, as I said a speed boat is very different from a rowing boat, but if you want to portray yourself as ignorant or dishonest I suppose that's your choice. Even if it weren't a lie though I think it might still be better to base an opinion on a theory than a bronze age superstition.

                 There are no inbetweenees or there would be millions of examples from the single cell to the present day, one eyed three legged, four eyed, plants that were nothing like those of today etc; etc; There  are none.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Ah, you're an expert on evolution now, care to cite any published peer reviewed scientific papers to valide this absurd claim? I'm guessing not as each time I ask you ignore the request.

                  Just look at an acorn and the fact it can produce an oak tree, which came first etc; etc; there are no answers other than intelligence leading to creation being involved.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Just because you're determined to remain ignorant of evolution and science in favour of superstition doesn't mean repeating your absurdly silly claims improves their veracity.

                   If you think not then give a reason based on fact.

The same reason you seem determined to ignore, evolution has been scrutinised by science for over 150 years and amassed peer reviewed evidence that supports it every single time. Show one single peer reviewed scientific paper that either refutes it or supports the nonsense of creationism? silent
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:49 am

DR. Sheldon,
I have replied to the last request on another post.

I have explained the dinasaurs also.

I do not believe God created the dinosaurs, I believe the disobediant who turned against God did and used them for their pleasure and also created many other such things.

There is no superstition involved in dinosaurs or any other form of life, they are fact.

It is a ludicrous statement to say creationism is nonsense.

It matters not how anything came about, if it exists, it must have been created.

avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:06 pm

polyglide wrote:DR. Sheldon,
I  have replied to the last request on another post.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:What request, it would be helpful if you quoted what you were responding to?

I have explained the dinasaurs also.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:It's dinosaurs, not dinasaurs, and no you have explained nothing, just made un-evidenced claims that are simply ridiculously fanciful.

I do not believe God created the dinosaurs, I believe the disobediant who turned against God did and used them for their pleasure and also created many other such things.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:(It's disobedient not disobediant) What you believe is irrelevant, and you can believe the moon is made of cheese if you wish, the fact is you have no evidence whatever, and you have not even attempted to provide any. What's more you're ignoring all the evidence science has amassed from biology, chemistry, physics, geology, cosmology and genetics. You also did not answer why your deity left out any mention of the dinosaurs that existed for hundreds of millions of years, and started in Genesis with humans being created first, when humans only evolved 150000 years ago?

There is no superstition involved in dinosaurs or any other form of life, they are fact.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:No one said there was, so your point escapes me?

It is a ludicrous statement to  say creationism is nonsense.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:No it isn't, creationism is ridiculous, it has no scientific basis whatever, and I have challenged you several times to produce one single peer reviewed published scientific paper to validate the nonsense of creationism, or that refutes evolution, you have not responded, quelle surprise.

It matters not how anything came about, if it exists, it must have been created.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:What utter nonsense, of course it matters how it came about, I wonder if you are seriously don't see how absurd it is to make such grandiose claims that defy not just evidence but defy the need for evidence, dear oh dear. There is no evidence that anything was created, and again I am more than happy for you to produce one single shred of published peer reviewed scientific evidence to refute this, after all this most stringent and rigorous method for truth seeking is dismissed by you as inadequate when it suits you, yet you can't even get one piece of comparable evidence to support the nonsense of creationism.

     
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by stuart torr on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:37 pm

P.G. I am afraid you are nitpicking when it comes to your belief especially where the dinosaurs are concerned, because you say if they exist then they must have been created, but by who? that is the point posters are getting at?
Yet you say god did not create them, no it was part of evolution.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:56 pm

stuart torr wrote:P.G. I am afraid you are nitpicking when it comes to your belief especially where the dinosaurs are concerned, because you say if they exist then they must have been created, but by who? that is the point posters are getting at?
Yet you say god did not create them, no it was part of evolution.

He also pointedly avoid differing any explanation of why his deity didn't mention dinosaurs in Genesis, despite them existing for hundreds of millions of years compared to less than two hundred thousand for humans. To me that's fairly compelling evidence that Genesis originated in the imagination of humans who were ignorant of these facts, as of course bronze age humans were.

A mere coincidence though I'm sure. Wink
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:09 am

Dr. Sheldon.
To make things as clear as possible so that even a 2 year old could understand.

There are other beings created by God prior to God creating present day man, capable of creating other things themselves and they did so for pleasure that was not the type God thought right, so he did away with them.

I am using childish explanations because you appear unable to understand anything else.

I am unconcerned about anything prior to Jesus becoming the saviour, all you have to do is believe in him and act accordingly as that is all that is relevant to present day man.


avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:33 am

polyglide wrote:Dr. Sheldon.
                To make things as clear as possible so that even a 2 year old could understand.

                 There are other beings created by God prior to God  creating present day man, capable of creating other things themselves and they did so for pleasure that was not the type God thought right, so he did away with them.

                 I am using childish explanations because you appear unable to understand anything else.

                I am unconcerned about anything prior to Jesus becoming the saviour, all you have to do is believe in him and act  accordingly as that is all that is relevant to present day man.



Ironic that you again resort to petty insults when it is  YOU who doesn't seem able to understand that puerile nonsensical claims about superstitious myths require no understanding as they don't represent evidence.

Do try and grasp the concept of proper evidence and resist the urge to throw insults and tantrums when your superstition is repudiated with facts.

Now once again do you have any reasonable explanation as to why your deity, who according to your religion possess both limitless knowledge and power,

1. didn't mention dinosaurs inhis account of creation?
2. Claimed it all took 6 days when the universe is at least 14 billion years old?
3. Claimed humans were 'created' instantly in their current form when we know they evolved over thousands of millenia?

This time let's try addressing my questions in an adult fashion instead of throwing tantrums and hurling insults.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:57 am

[quote="polyglide]   I am unconcerned about anything prior to Jesus becoming the saviour, all you have to do is believe in him and act  accordingly as that is all that is relevant to present day man.
[/quote]

Well good for you, but that's just your opinion. Since religion can't evidence it's claims,or even properly evidence Jesus's existence beyond third hand anecdotal hearsay decades afterward, then I'm not about to base my life morals and attitudes on misogynistic bronze age bigotries and prejudices.

avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:59 am

DR, Sheldon,
I have no desire to insult anyone, it is usually the actions of others that make comments necessary to show the importance of a subject under the spot light.

You continually ask for evidence, there is no clear irrefutable evidence for either creation or evolution as the source of life and nothing else realy matters.

There is all kinds of life, FACT.

They must have an origin, FACT.

Evolution cannot in any way explain this, FACT.

Christianity can, FACT.

So the only thing in dispute is, doed God exist, FACT.

There is more evidence regarding the Bible to support this than anything in the evolution theory. FACT.

You have an unreasonable understanding of superstitsion. FACT.



avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:42 am

polyglide wrote:DR, Sheldon,
                  I have no desire to insult anyone, it is usually the actions of others that make comments necessary to show the importance of a subject under the spot light.

                  You continually ask for evidence, there is no clear irrefutable evidence for either creation or evolution as the source of life and nothing else realy matters.

                  There is all kinds of life, FACT.
           
                   They must have an origin, FACT.

                  Evolution cannot in any way explain this, FACT.

                  Christianity can, FACT.

                  So the only thing in dispute is, doed God exist, FACT.

                  There is more evidence regarding the Bible to support this than anything in the evolution theory. FACT.

                  You have an unreasonable understanding of superstitsion. FACT.
         

                     
               

You don't know what a fact is - fact.

You don't understand the definition of superstition  - fact.

You should look it up as it is precisely synonymous with faith based religion - fact.

You have repeatedly hurled petty insults as ad hominem - fact.

Christian 'explanations' of creation are unevidenced and largely contradicted by the evidence  - fact.

You won't answer or even address points put to you  - fact.

Anyone can type the word fact at the end of a sentenced, this does not necessarily make it a fact - fact.


Last edited by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo from damn phone)
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:06 pm

Dr. Sheldon,
In fact you are nearly always off the mark, FACT.

You ask the same questions in the full knowlege that there is no factual evidence to support either evolution or creation as I have explained on numerous occasions.

So, in Fact, the only way in which to address the matter in question, is to consider what is known and the possibility and probability of what they infer.

The only way in which to do so is to calculate the odds, a scientific method, all the odds relating to evolution as being a part of creation are so vast, as to be beyond any reasonable person giving any thought as to their relevance.

I am not interested in evolution as a means of changes taking place, we see it constantly but never actually resulting in a new species, as such.

You repeat the same futile questions in the full knowlegde that they are totally irrelevant to creation and creation is the only thing of revelence.

avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by polyglide on Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:08 pm

any spellin mistakes unavoidable.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Why was Adam exempt from the transgression when the transgression was disobedience?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum