Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by witchfinder on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

French satirical magazine "Charlie Hebdo" has published pictures of the prophet Mohamed as a cartoon character in its latest issue, the magazine also stated that the prophet was the editor in chief for that particular issue, the result is the petrol bombing and destruction of the magazines offices in Paris.

It is strictly forbidden in Islam for anyone to make or create images of the prophet Mohamed, to do so is regarded by Muslims to be disrespectful and is an insult, therefore one has to ask - why ?, why did this magazine feel it necessary to knowingly and deliberately upset a section of French society. ?

Personaly I am a none believer, I am from a Christian background, and though I will frequently criticise Islam, the Catholic Church, Jewish hard liners and American bible bashers, I would not go so far as to purposely disrespect or poke fun at someone elses beliefs, this is called tolerance.

I am glad we live in the United Kingdom where the preaching or publishing or promotion of religious hatred and intolerance is forbiden by law - in some nations you are allowed to preach hatred and hide behind the wall called "freedom of speech", in some nations there is no hiding place.

We have seen the reactions of some Muslims before when this has happened, it begs the question - was this magazine looking for publicity knowing they would attract attention, perhaps their sales figures were down.





avatar
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Posts : 703
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : North York Moors

Back to top Go down


Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by patakace on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:29 am

One of the Flat Earthers I see , OR .
Isn't having a closed and intolerant mind the main problem suffered from by Fundamentalists -- be they Christian or Islamic ?
I have been on Forums where individuals have denied the possibility of faster than light travel despite the scientific proof to the contrary .
Yes . In this day and age !

patakace
Deactivated

Posts : 124
Join date : 2015-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by polyglide on Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:31 am

I feel at the present time the only universal agreement would be that the world is in a diabolical state.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by oftenwrong on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:29 pm

.... With the possible exception of that 1% of the world's population who are said to have 50% of the world's wealth.
avatar
oftenwrong
Sage

Posts : 11741
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by oftenwrong on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:37 pm

Done any more archeological digs recently, patakace?  I seem to remember that as your (alleged) profession the last time we were privileged to have your contributions about four or five years ago.

We will be completely understanding if you can't remember all the online aliases adopted over the years, it's of no importance to anyone else of course.
avatar
oftenwrong
Sage

Posts : 11741
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:57 pm

That 1% OW has so much money they do not know what to do with it all do they OW?
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by patakace on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:46 pm

Sad to see you Trolling .
Show us the post that even gives the slightest hint of your silly allegation and I will write a cheque for £ 10 000 to the Charity of your choice .
One more of your baby private messages or public nonsense posts and I will formally ask Admin to become aware of your behaviour .
Your Username is highly apt .
So my request is , Stop Trolling -- and keep to Forum rules by posting about the Topic and not using space to air your private delusions .
avatar
patakace
Deactivated

Posts : 124
Join date : 2015-01-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by moonbeam on Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:52 am

The open forum is not the appropriate venue for personal disagreements. Please either refrain from them entirely, or take them to private messaging. We've already had one "anonymous" complaint.

Thank you,
moonbeam.

avatar
moonbeam
Administrator (Security & Presentation)

Posts : 631
Join date : 2011-10-13
Location : Midwestern-ish US

http://notmsnmoney.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by polyglide on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi Stu,
It has always been a mystery to me why anyone would want that much money knowing full well that it cannot buy the most precious things in life.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:38 pm

That is very true P.G. As at the moment a friend of mine who lives around the corner from me, has only a few weeks left to live as he is dying from cancer, and no sooner everyone heard they stopped speaking to him and helping him as though he was a leper, but i have been going round to see what I can do and paid his paper bill for him today as he can hardly walk. I am glad I use to be a nurse so that I can help more than normal friends but he has even made me executor of his will, as i'm his only real friend left now, it is so sad.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by boatlady on Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:45 pm

He's lucky to have a good friend and neighbour
avatar
boatlady
Administrator (Global Moderator)

Posts : 3709
Join date : 2012-08-24
Location : Norfolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:44 pm

Thank-you boatlady, but he is a very friendly person, I just cannot understand the other people.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by boatlady on Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:07 pm

death and illness make people nervous - for some reason - maybe don't want to think about their own death.

avatar
boatlady
Administrator (Global Moderator)

Posts : 3709
Join date : 2012-08-24
Location : Norfolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:21 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr. Sheldon,
                 On reflection, I tend to agree with you.

                  If anyone cannot uphold their belief against all commers without resorting to violence or other unacceptable practices then in my view it has little foundation.

                  regards.

Very true, and of course what is most likely to protect people's right to believe what ever they wish and practice whatever religion they choose are precisely the rights and freedoms that were attacked in Paris. Islamic extremists aren't fighting to preserve their beliefs, they are fighting to remove everyone else's beliefs, and the democratic rights and freedoms that underpin them.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:41 pm

Oh well boatlady, I shall be asking him for a door key soon, so if he does not answer the door after a day or possibly two I will let myself in and do the reporting. As it will be myself now that finds him dead.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by boatlady on Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 pm

Bless you - best I could hope for any one of us would be a good friend there at the end.
No nursing/care staff involved?
avatar
boatlady
Administrator (Global Moderator)

Posts : 3709
Join date : 2012-08-24
Location : Norfolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:37 pm

No boatlady, I rang regards getting some, but as usual no reply.
Also when it gets too bad for him, he will end it all I believe.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by oftenwrong on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:25 pm

stuart torr wrote:Oh well boatlady, I shall be asking him for a door key soon, so if he does not answer the door after a day or possibly two I will let myself in and do the reporting. As it will be myself now that finds him dead.

If your belief turns into reality, Stuart, it can be expected that the Police may make enquiries. It might be sensible to share your fears now with the Council's social department and also your friend's GP surgery as soon as possible, so as to avoid misunderstandings.
avatar
oftenwrong
Sage

Posts : 11741
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:23 am

I have told our patch manager to see if he can get a last gp visit out OW, BECAUSE I do not know who he his, so I HOPE that that is enough.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:26 pm

I have been ringing everybody today OW, because I found out that if it was myself that found him deceased then there would be an inquiry, police involved ETC.
Finally rang the right social services dept, who took lots of details down from me, I have been round to see him today but on the five occasions he has not answered the door, social services are ringing me tomorrow at 12 midday to give him time to have a sleep if he has not slept in the night which he has not been doing.
If he does not answer the door tomorrow I think social services will send the police round, as it will be 2 days since I have seen him alive.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by boatlady on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:38 pm

Worrying time for you
avatar
boatlady
Administrator (Global Moderator)

Posts : 3709
Join date : 2012-08-24
Location : Norfolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:59 pm

Upsetting boatlady, as he is still a friend as far as I know, but I never worry about these things love, my nurse training comes in i'm afraid to say, which makes me sound hard, but I will be upset at his passing.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by polyglide on Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Hope things are alright to lose an enemy is sad a friend ?.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:36 pm

Yes thank-you P.G. he opened the door today, he had been sleeping all day yesterday as he had not slept the previous night.
Arranged for a gp to go and see him regarding his pain relief. Sad
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:31 pm

Ivan wrote: I do wonder sometimes if there should be a fourth rule, imposing sanctions against those who repeatedly post material which they know is false and which has previously been exposed as false, but I realise that this is a more controversial issue.

It can be very frustrating when a poster repeatedly ignores all posts, evidence and refutations and simply repeat the same spurious claims ad nauseam. However how would you determine if it was deliberate mendacity, as some of it undoubtedly is, as opposed to either delusion or someone lacking the intellect to understand the concepts and arguments involved sufficiently?
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:39 pm

In most cases IMHO, it is usually someone lacking the intellect to understand the arguments involved sufficiently.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:50 pm

stuart torr wrote:In most cases IMHO, it is usually someone lacking the intellect to understand the arguments involved sufficiently.

Hi Stu, I suspect you're just reluctant to believe the worst of people, as you have always struck me as a decent sort. Whereas an old cynic like myself, well... Still I suspect the reason Ivan and the admin team haven't introduced this fourth criteria is precisely because it's not easy to tell whether someone is being deliberately duplicitous or are in fact not understanding the argument being discussed.

NB I had no one in particular in mind when I posted this btw. sarcasm

...and thanks for your concern and warning about the other forum. cheers
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by boatlady on Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:11 pm

It's been my experience, when someone seems to be wilfully misunderstanding or misinterpreting an argument, that the only way, in the context of an internet forum is simply to stop responding to that person's comments.

If you're not achieving a measure of clear communication you don't have a discussion.
avatar
boatlady
Administrator (Global Moderator)

Posts : 3709
Join date : 2012-08-24
Location : Norfolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:11 pm

boatlady wrote:It's been my experience, when someone seems to be wilfully misunderstanding or misinterpreting an argument, that the only way, in the context of an internet forum is simply to stop responding to that person's comments.

If you're not achieving a measure of clear communication you don't have a discussion.

You're right of course, and you've made this point before to be fair. I'm not sure at what point there is no advantage at all in continuing, as I do find the effort of carefully refuting even the most biased and entrenched views help me to examine my own views and arguments and in doing so re-test their veracity and validity. Though the time will undoubtedly come when no more can be achieved as the same points and claims are simply being rehashed and the same refutations offered but ignored.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:27 pm

Quite right in the end Sheldon, as they will be usually be re-hashed and and offered out again as an argument.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by boatlady on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:34 am

I do think the point is good about using seemingly intractable differences as a means of examining and defining one's own views.

I guess you can only know yourself when a discussion has lost its point - I would think if we reach a point where the same insults are being repetitively traded we may be looking at a total communication breakdown.

I have often thought many of the religious threads on this forum are characterised by a lack of caritas - which in this case I would define as a willingness to try and see the other person's point of view and where necessary to agree to differ and to seek common ground where it exists.

This probably reflects my personal preference and should not of course be considered a criticism of any individual - we all have different styles of communication
avatar
boatlady
Administrator (Global Moderator)

Posts : 3709
Join date : 2012-08-24
Location : Norfolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:34 am

Again a well reasoned point. As someone who wants to avoid positions and arguments that are intractable or or deal in absolutes I recognise it's a fine line. For me the dividing line is how we define compelling evidence and this wanders into epistemology.

Now while I find epistemological arguments fascinating I am also woefully out of my depth. Science of course is a very useful benchmark since it's success and failures are measurable, and it has a very impressive track record. Hence my starting a thread challenging theistic apologetics to justify what qualified religious claims as valid at all, let alone being superior to or negating scientific claims. The problem is that only literalist think theistic claims do this, and literalist are not really interested in critical debate.

Still something useful maybe derived from such a discourse.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by boatlady on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:39 pm

It seems to me that an intellectual discussion about religion and/or atheism is a bit of an impossibility - both theism and atheism are matters of belief rather than matters of verifiable fact and as such, neither position can be 'proved' or 'disproved' - which is why i would not be particularly interested in discussing 'evidence' in these contexts - however, maybe an interesting line of enquiry for me would be in relation to ethics, where it might be possible to identify common ground between the theist and the atheist, and where there may be evidence to be cited about the virtues of different ethical systems.

But then, what would i know? I did very poorly in philosophy when i was a student - possibly due to lack of patience
avatar
boatlady
Administrator (Global Moderator)

Posts : 3709
Join date : 2012-08-24
Location : Norfolk

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Very true though boatlady, as 80% of us are in the same position, and as you say neither side of the discourse would be able to prove their facts would they, and no-one really knows the facts until we all pass away on that unfortunate da whenever it may come for each of us.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Boatlady wrote:   both theism and atheism are matters of belief rather than matters of verifiable fact  

I'm not sure I'd agree with this entirely.  Firstly I'd definitely disagree with atheism being defined as a belief as it is the opposite, that is to say it is a lack of or rejection of a belief. A quite specific belief at that.

Epistemologically speaking there is no need for an atheist to evidence anything, anymore than a person rejecting the existence of Thor Zeus or Apollo would need to, or anyone rejecting the existence of mermaids come to that.

It's also worth noting that religions make claims that can be scrutinised, and where if they were true it would be reasonable to expect empirical evidence to exist that supported the claim. The Noah flood myth is a very good example, where not only is there no geological evidence to support the claim, but all the evidence refutes it.

The creationist lobby make the most mendacious claims for scientific evidence to support their beliefs, yet not once has any single claim from them withstood the rigours of scientific scrutiny. Often leaving them simply trying to deny the scientific evidence as if this leaves only one alternative. Both the denial and the premise that it is either evolution or divine creation are if course entirely spurious arguments.

Of course this doesn't amount to proof either way, but as we discover the more about the world and universe  sany objective viewer must notice how the facts contradict and refute much of religions claims made and maintained for centuries as the immutable word of a perfect omnipotent deity.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi Sheldon.
True Atheism being anti-belief is it not, and many parts of the good book as they call it can be refuted can it not? there certainly was a guy going around calling himself christ the son of god, but as an atheist my thoughts on that are that he needed psychiatric help. That is my nursing view also.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by polyglide on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Dr, Sheldon,
All scientists have done is studied a subject that they like and give an explanation of what it involves.

Not one has actually offered a reasonable explanation of how the laws required for the universe to exist came into being.

I can give an explanation of most things that exist, having been made aware of them, but how, why and when is an entirely different matter.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:17 pm

I am sorry polyglide but it is me again, Laughing one the universe was there prior to earth existing,and the further more that we can travel and see into space the more it will tell us,and is there more than one universe? as that is what the scientists are believing now.
Hence the possibility of time travel prior to life on earth existing, as life form or signs of it are being found on mars, which is a dry planet.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by polyglide on Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:40 pm

Hi, Stu,
The earh is part of the universe and presumably was created by God at the time of his choice.

I have always thought that our universe, not forgetting we do not actaully know how big it is , is not the be all and end all, it would not make any sense.

As we see things there must be an end to everything and a start.

I nor anyone else can comprehend the size of the universe nor if it has an end and if it does have an end what is on the other side etc; and what is the size of that on the other side etc;

I cannot even think about there being no end to anything because if that is so it must be moving continually through something and what is that which it is moving through etc; etc;

kind regards, have to go and recover.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by stuart torr on Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:51 pm

Hope you are not well like myself polyglide, if you are hope you a speedy recovery if you can get one, otherwise rest up as much as possible my friend.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:11 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon,
                All scientists have done is studied a subject that  they like and give an explanation of what it involves.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:Don't be absurd. Are you really this ignorant of the scientific process and the rigorous scrutiny it subjects things to before anything comes near a worth peer reviewed scientific publication?

Not one has actually offered a reasonable explanation of how the laws required for the universe to exist came into being.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:As opposed to explaining how magic created everything in one go about 6000 years ago you mean.

I can give an explanation of most things that exist, having been made aware of them,
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:In what sense do you mean an explanation of them, how is your opinion validated, what evidence have you gathered to support these "explanations" have you had anything published, has any of your work been peer reviewed by the foremost scientific experts in that field?


but how, why and when is an entirely different matter.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:I've absolutely no idea what you're referring to here, how why and when "what" What are you asking??
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:19 pm

polyglide wrote:Hi, Stu,
          The earh is part of the universe and presumably was created by God at the time of his choice. I have always thought that our universe, not forgetting we do not actaully know how big it is , is not the be all and end all, it would not make any sense.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:The earth is 4.54 billion years old, the universe is 13.8 billion years, this roundly refutes the myth of genesis in the bible where all the stars are created in one go. Quite obviously the people who wrote that were unaware that stars have a finite existence, they are born, live and die, just like us. It is also fairly obvious that a being with limitless power wouldn't need to waste nearly 15 billion years to create everything and then create us just 150000 years ago, especially if as religion claims and Genesis says we're supposed to be the reason for the universe existing.

As we see things there must be an end to everything and a start.
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html
         
I nor anyone else can comprehend the size of the universe  nor if it has an end and if it does have an end what is on the other side etc; and what is the size of that on the other side etc;  I cannot even think about there being no end to anything because if that is so it must be moving continually through something and what is that which it is moving through etc; etc;
Dr Sheldon Cooper wrote:http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html

          kind regards, have to go and recover.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Freedom of expression vs. freedom from insults

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum