Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence

Post by Greatest I am on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:42 pm

Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence.

Note that the ultimate responsibility lies with the victims, but that their parents, as their guardians, are the ones I blame and not the child victims.

I recently watched this disturbing movie and recognize that what it portrays fairly closely what is happenings in reality right now.

https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=fQaNVNrJDInB8gfpqIDACw&gws_rd=ssl#q=spotlight+trailer

The silence and complicity of the religious are facilitating and colluding in the future assaults on children. Silence or the acceptance of a payoff, in my opinion, is direct collusion with these religious criminals and I see the past victims of these pedophiles as now helping their own assailants create new victims by their silence.

I appreciate that going public is hard, but if victims do not come forward, I see them as helping the priests and imams that are left free to abuse other children.

There are some who will read this and know that, in a real sense, victims or their parents are guilty of helping the pedophile problem continue.

I would urge these victims and their families to step up and do the right thing and return the payoffs and lay charges instead so that we can rid our churches and mosques of these predatory criminals.

Do you agree that silence is just as immoral as the initial crime when victims or their guardian/parents accept payoffs from religions to buy their silence?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Re: Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence

Post by oftenwrong on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:46 pm

The title of the movie is "Spotlight", and it's true to describe it as "disturbing", not least because its storyline is about a crusading newspaper that eventually ran an exposure campaign about paedophile clergy - eventually because the "story" was known to the newspaper's editors for several years before they decided to actually print anything.

Confusing.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Re: Victims of pedophile priests and imams help create more victims with silence

Post by Greatest I am on Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:45 am

oftenwrong wrote:The title of the movie is "Spotlight", and it's true to describe it as "disturbing", not least because its storyline is about a crusading newspaper that eventually ran an exposure campaign about paedophile clergy - eventually because the "story" was known to the newspaper's editors for several years before they decided to actually print anything.

Confusing.  

The editors were likely Christian.

What is confusing is how people can be so immoral in this day and age.

Societies have Good Samaritan and Duty to rescue laws for good and moral reasons.

Yet many are not recognizing the duty being ignored by not laying charges and just taking the payoff.

If I was a pedophile priest or imam, I would be smiling. I would love the idea that most people saw sex crimes against children as a form of prostitution where the price is negotiated by the parents after the crime.

Shame on those parents and shame on those who pay them off.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:48 pm

I'll be watching Spotlight with great interest, not least because of Mark Ruffalo who can do no wrong - ever.

I'd love to know the Pope's reaction to it. My concern, and I say this with having no great admiration for religion, is that these issues will be seen through the prism of atheism and obvious secular attitudes.
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:33 pm

Claudine wrote:I'll be watching Spotlight with great interest, not least because of Mark Ruffalo who can do no wrong - ever.

I'd love to know the Pope's reaction to it. My concern, and I say this with having no great admiration for religion, is that these issues will be seen through the prism of atheism and obvious secular attitudes.

I hope you are wrong on this and that the religious will see just how much they are corrupting our legal systems and free press.

As to the Vatican.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/catholic-church-sex-abuse-survivor-laid-off-vatican-072352734.html

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:39 am

It would appear from this video that Jehovah's Witnesses also have some questions to answer..... Evil or Very Mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULsWB2AvxVc
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

http://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:44 pm

Thanks for this.

I think all religions where men are not allowed to wed are the worst but also recognize that the religions are a haven for gays.

The last bio I read from a priest had him complaining that a full half of the Catholic students at the seminary he attended were gay.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady on Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:41 am

And people being gay would be a problem - why?
boatlady
Administrator (Global Moderator)

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:14 pm

boatlady wrote:And people being gay would be a problem - why?

It is not a problem at all for me.

It is considered a problem to Catholics and other Christian and Muslim sects.

It is hard for Christians to embrace or accept a gay priest when he himself is calling himself an abomination.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:33 am

Greatest I am wrote:It is hard for Christians to embrace or accept a gay priest when he himself is calling himself an abomination.

These are very controversial topics greatest i am. i don't really have a stance on this, as gay people can live together and stuff if they choose, but, when it comes to laws, the law says that it is not proper. then again, you could say that grown men and women could be beaten up by others for being this way, yes?

In today's culture, it shows that people have changed. laws have changed. why hasn't god's laws changed? my god venus loves gay people, and so do i. if things change, and things are replaced, as is the nature of our universe, where people rise up to fill their parents roles, why can't there be new commandments?

Thing is, there is no commandment saying anything about gay people, it is mentioned when god was in the mood to say these things. the amalykites are still around even through yaweh swore to wipe them out, so, things change.

Basing the scientific laws of man on what god felt like saying, yet did not say in stone, well, jesus had to come and offer the people religious divorce. this is a change, yes? maybe the message of jesus was that sometimes things change, and yes i believe in jesus.

So, if you find that things change, and these people cannot change, but they can lie about loving a woman and everyone is happy, why is everyone sad when they say they love truly?
Charlatan

http://thecropof2010.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Greatest I am on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:41 am

Charlatan wrote:So, if you find that things change, and these people cannot change, but they can lie about loving a woman and everyone is happy, why is everyone sad when they say they love truly?

Your complaints about change are why I am a Gnostic Christian and esoteric ecumenist.

In my seeking God, God as defined as the best rules and laws to live life by, it is my duty to analyze the various laws and commandments of all the Gods and to pick out the best and use those regardless of where they come from.

I have never understood why people hate gays as that was not the case in the past. I see religions, which always have an us and them attitude, as having created the hate that is now world wide except for the West.

Islam and Christianity have always produced homophobes and misogynous people. It does not surprise me that they would try to vilify the weakest among us.

If I had -----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7vCww3j2-w

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum