Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?

Post by Greatest I am on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:38 pm

You may use whatever set of commandments you think Yahweh gave. There are a number of renditions.

As for the Gnostic commandments, I offer the following.

1. You shall place no commandments above these unless proven to be morally superior.
2. You shall value all people as equal before the law. The inequality of outcome is punishment enough of itself.
3. You shall live by the golden rule and respond with reciprocity of harm or care to what is done to you.
4. Use Gnosis and put logic and reason and their proofs above faith, which by its nature has no proofs, logic or reason.
5. You shall leave the environment in a better condition than what is given to you as an inheritance to your next generation.
6. You shall not impoverish the next generation and live according to the means you produce as their labor and wealth is theirs and not yours to squander.

Gnostic Christianity and free thinking lost the God wars when the Orthodox Church decimated us and burned most of our scriptures. I think that Gnostic Christians had a superior set of commandments then as well as now. Those commandments were not only meant for seekers after a God but also a guide to secular law. Both secular law and Christianity seemed to ignore the second commandment of equality till our modern era. As a Gnostic Christian, I ask (rhetorically), what took the world so long to catch up to Gnostic Christian thinking and what is Islam and other backwards thinking people waiting for.

Many have a problem with the 10 commandments given by Yahweh so I thought I would see if there is a consensus of thought on the Gnostic Christian ideology as compared to the Christian ideology. The main complaints I see are that Yahweh’s commandments have created a Christian ideology that denies gays and women equality. I think all souls to be created equal and thus deserving of equal human statue and citizenship.

Others as seen in these two link have their own views and I would add that I think Yahweh’s no divorce policy, --- which Jesus confirms. --- and Yahweh’s policy of accepting bribes, ransoms or sacrifices (these are all analogue) to alter his usual and moral policy punishing the guilty and not the innocent, --- to the immoral policy of punishing the innocent instead of the guilty, as exemplified by his accepting Jesus as a sacrifice to save sinners whom God himself created to be sinners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u3z69YpLx0#t=100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUfGRN4HVrQ

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Re: Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?

Post by Jsmythe on Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:00 am

Hi G,

When an individual is still continuously not treating people equally by various bad deeds  stealing , physicaly abuse - murder, slavery and so on.

Would you add or amend the gnostic comandments if ; People did not follow the laws and continued to do bad things on the detriment of other people's well being? What would be your deterent to doing evil things if the commandements were still ignored?

With the 10 commandments that were not formed from the very beginning in Genesis ... these commandments came about later in the context that these new laws were needed at that time during exodus for the purpose that the Israelites turned their backs to God. Woshipping idols and all the bad things that come with the tradition.

(In the video by AronRa his erroneous contextual interpretation is sort of misguided imho)
Jsmythe

Back to top Go down

Re: Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?

Post by Greatest I am on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:02 pm

Nicely put.

The rule # 3 should take care of the evil acts you speak of as it asks that we use harm/care as our reciprocal response.

If harm is done to us, we should not reward that harm with good as that rewards evil actions. Harm must be matched with harm so that we can protect ourselves.

As to AronRa, on which commandment is your criticism focused on? Or was yours just an all encompassing criticism?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

If you have ever had negative thoughts about Yahweh, you are close to a Gnostic Christian.

Post by Greatest I am on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:11 pm

If you have ever had negative thoughts about Yahweh, you are close to a Gnostic Christian.

You have shown that you can think freely and have a decent moral sense as compared to Christians and their less than moral sense that allows them to adore a genocidal God.

John Lennon, “It seems to me that the only true Christians were the Gnostics,”

In fact, many think that the best Christians are Gnostic Christians. Even if you are an atheist, you are likely a better Christian than most Christians as their morals have been corrupted by their beliefs enough to have them adore a vile genocidal God that Gnostic Christians call demiurge. In a sense, not that she exists, but demiurge is equivalent to Satan.

Please remember that Gnostic Christians so not hold any supernatural beliefs and religiously speaking, create much more peaceful people than Christians. The Cathars were a good example of this truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ptNcSYo7k4

http://thegodabovegod.com/difference-gnostic-christian/

http://thegodabovegod.com/gnostic/

Are you close to a Gnostic Christian in how you can think freely and morally?

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum