Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

+29
ghost whistler
Deadly Nightshade
skwalker1964
boatlady
Tosh
Shirina
Red Cat Woman
Adele Carlyon
Jill Segger
Blamhappy
trevorw2539
AwfulTruth
Mel
Stox 16
Scarecrow
Redflag
blueturando
tlttf
Charlatan
sickchip
witchfinder
bobby
jackthelad
keenobserver1
Phil Hornby
Ivan
oftenwrong
astra
astradt1
33 posters

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 4 Empty Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

Post by astradt1 Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Justice minister stripped of powers

Ken Clarke to take charge after Djanogly failed to declare family interest in claims management companies

The justice minister, Jonathan Djanogly, has been stripped of his responsibility to regulate firms that "ambulance chase" the public following a Guardian investigation that revealed how he and his family could profit from controversial changes to legal aid he was piloting in parliament.

Djanogly, the heir to a £300m family business, had failed to declare that his teenage children were minority shareholders in his brother-in-law's businesses – two firms that advertise claims and are part of an industry that Djanogly regulated in government.

Do you get the feeling that after each Revelation about members of this government you just have to shout NEXT
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

Post by Mel Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:39 pm

"what's new...? "

Nothing Phil except i'm getting more amd more angry and agressive towards these corrupt vultures. Hopefully millions of folk are feeling the same. I did say hopefully. Sad

Mel

Back to top Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 4 Empty Re: Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:44 pm

I am taken with blueturando's logic. Accordingly, I propose to go and steal a monster HD TV from the local Sainsbury's store because I know another chap down the road who pilfered a pack of pork scratchings. I shall tell the Magistrate that the other party's actions fully justify my own and therefore I should be let off ( with perhaps a few quid given to me for my trouble in having to go to Court)... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:50 pm

If I entertained guests in the Railway Canteen (celubrius or wot?) my employer would NOT be at all content! He would sack me without recourse to protocols, as I had effectively sacked myself!

If one of Blueturando's employees was entertaining guests in the broom cupboard, how would that go down?

(Not pickin' on you Blue, but no one has come on yet from your side!)

Number 10, is the PMs workplace, and he is my employee, I do not want him to use that workplace for his own jollies!!

NOW!, if he had "entertained" at the consrvative (spit) and unionist party of Great Britain headquarters, no-one could have said a word!

EDIT

Trevor, I hope you are quoting the price for the PASTIC CUTLERY! You know what happened to the siver cutlery when you had the girl guides round!! Shocked tongue
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:28 pm

"pack of pork scratchings"

Tories don't tell porkies----------- do they----------??
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Talking of porkies, that reminds me of a certain Tory politician.....
Something to do with what one does with onions I think. It will come to me. Smile
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:It is entirely appropriate that this whole sleazy mess should be discovered because of the misdeeds of a Top Tory called Crude-Arse and similarly typical that the Peer chosen to undertake what we can be sure will be a very thorough 'investigation' ( aka: whitewash) should rejoice in the title of Lord Gold !! You couldn't make it up - although it's almost certain that they will!

The only surprise is that anyone at all is surprised. Donkeys bray; dogs bark; Tories are shifty and corrupt- what's new...? cheers

Incisive observation: its is rather ground-hog day with the new Thatcherite behemoth. It's the same thing over and over... :affraid:

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

http://www.rhodesgreece.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Astra quote.

Trevor, I hope you are quoting the price for the PASTIC CUTLERY! You know what happened to the siver cutlery when you had the girl guides round!! Shocked tongue

Ah. I remember it well. The girl guides were all defrocked - hang on, that's clergymen - de-badged after that episode Shocked

If one of Blueturando's employees was entertaining guests in the broom cupboard, how would that go down?

Well, you certainly couldn't brush it under the bed.Embarassed

Back to the problem in hand. It's a right erm ..............

Isn't it surprising how one man's gaffe can cause such a stir. The guest list will 'prove' nothing. Until someone can prove that these dinners have profited the Tory Party we will go round and round like Dougal on the Magic Roundabout. Let's concentrate on the important things in life.

Much as we might hope, it is unlikely that this will have the same result as, say, the Profumo affair. At least, not in the short term.

We can hope that the May elections are so disastrous for the LibDems that they start to desert the coalition. Unlikely, but hope springs eternal.....

We have to live with the Tories for another 3 years. We need to concentrate on coping with their disastrous policies and the Labour Party need to concentrate on their plan for the next generation, of Labour victories. Always on the offensive in the meantime. If the government falls before then, the Labour Party must be ready with viable and presentable policies, understood by the public. I do not believe the public really know what is going on in detail, behind the scenes, at the moment with this Governments policies.

I know the 5 year term problem. But if it becomes impossible to govern the term will have to end early. No government can rule by minority vote.

I love these posting threads. We can discuss, be angry, rant and rage, at the computor, and not our wives. Not that I have one. Smile .

But then, what do I know.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:02 pm

Mel wrote:"what's new...? "

Nothing Phil except I'm getting more and more angry and aggressive towards these corrupt vultures. Hopefully millions of folk are feeling the same. I did say hopefully. Sad

Mel, just wait until the next election: the electorate, as regards this grotesque comedy of misdemeanours, will like an elephant which never forgets (allegedly), dole out their revenge by kicking the thieving desperadoes out of number ten with the gusto of a hurricane. What a Face

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Trevor posted:

"We have to live with the Tories for another 3 years."

Did you have to spoil my week? Wink Well, I suppose time will fly...

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:24 pm

If only it were a "week" to wait AT. I just can't take another 3 bloody years of this distruction of our democracy...
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:37 pm

That nice Mr. Cameron must be wondering whether shutting down the News of the World was an entirely good idea.

His boomerang HAS come back.

Wonder who's coming to his kitchen-supper tonight?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:57 pm

Cameron came out to explain that the people he enertained in his No 11 flat were "friends" and he quite clearly said there were only "three" within the two years the election. It now transpires there were six.

The Crudders video evidence proves that would be Tory party donors were not ALL friends of Cameron. In any case the friends would one would think be invited in any case with Cameron knowing that they were already to be big donors.
No, Cameron is wriggling here and I suspect that even an independant enquiry would not have the means to get to the real truth of the matter which is obvious that the carrot was the chance of influencing policy which as Crudders said "the benefit to your business would be awsome"

It cant be any plainer than that.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Access for All
Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCPebbPgKQVyhjDovcd4ZZQIbX2m8gDydcBTt7FktbYOrxGpHCqQ(dailymail.co.uk)

" I'll take a question from you, sir - yes you, with that cheque for £250,000 sticking out of your pocket..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:57 pm

It's not true that the Loonies have taken over the Asylum.

It's just that the keys are temporarily unavailable!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:12 am

Mel wrote:If only it were a "week" to wait AT. I just can't take another 3 bloody years of this distruction of our democracy...

Take cheer from this:

As more and more scandals unfold (oh yes they will!), such as old nags and bundles of incompetence falling freely out of closets like confetti, then perhaps the election may be closer than we think.

1) Clegg will be dropped by his party like a stale fart - because he is seen as politically toxic and a spent force/liability. Even the old LibDems (I am an EX LibDem = I will never to vote for them again!) want to keep their seats and when push comes to shove they will unite to rid themselves of any jumped-up Jonah who threatens their careers. Trust me on that one.

2) Cameron and his team are already irreparably tarnished with the poisonous verdigris of incompetence, sleaze, bullying and lying. Therefore do not be surprised that as we speak there are rumblings amongst the Tory 'men-in-grey-suits' brigade, and that it is VERY possible for Cameron to be challenged in a leadership contest within the next two years. I think we all know how ruthless the Tory party is with vote losers. Even the mighty Hairy Milk Snatcher was brought down, remember?

I am going to VERY optimistic about what might happen next. flower

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:38 am

At least three major Tory donors have been hired by David Cameron to help determine Government policy – while a fourth profited from the conflict in Libya.

The disclosures raise serious concerns that wealthy businessmen are being given privileged access to the heart of the No. 10 machine after signing hefty cheques for the Tories.

Last night Stanley Fink, who has been reappointed treasurer, sent an urgent letter to donors making clear that in future ministers will have to seek permission before using policy ideas put forward by donors.

So that move by Fink proves everything----- I Fink Smile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120806/The-money-men-invited-help-shape-policy-Government.html#ixzz1qIgeWqDZ
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:12 am

Quote Mel.

Last night Stanley Fink, who has been reappointed treasurer, sent an urgent letter to donors making clear that in future ministers will have to seek permission before using policy ideas put forward by donors.

Dear, dear. Give the Mr. Fink a chance;) He can't help his name. He may prove an honest reliable man.

Fink = A Blackleg, strikebreaker, informer, unpleasant. US and internet slang.Smile
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:16 am

Fink = A Blackleg, strikebreaker, informer, unpleasant. US and internet slang.

Now that has got me Finking Trevor. Smile
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:24 am

The Weekly Palace Audience Goes to Plan

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWO7J6zXn5OFnuzoVTUn7CWCBc0WQym3KzcgVeSmTTZ7yrOprC(guardian.co.uk)

" Ah, Mr Cameron, it's so good of you to meet me - and for only £50,000..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:02 am

Phil Hornby wrote:The Weekly Palace Audience Goes to Plan

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWO7J6zXn5OFnuzoVTUn7CWCBc0WQym3KzcgVeSmTTZ7yrOprC(guardian.co.uk)

" Ah, Mr Cameron, it's so good of you to meet me - and for only £50,000..."

Phil, I laughed so much I almost fell off my office chair! lol!

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:11 am

[youtube][/youtube]

I did not make this video. bounce

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:25 pm

It seems they're all at it....Are we surprised? No!!!....Will it continue? Er yes!!! For all parties....how else will they get funding?

Here's some more examples for the Hypocrite Party to ponder

The tycoon who rolled out the red carpet for Ed Miliband at a football match last week has given the Labour Party £100,000.
Businessman Assem Allam, who wants Labour backing for a multi-million-pound property development, made the donation in a secret meeting with the Labour leader in February.
Only four weeks later, Mr Miliband was guest of honour at Hull City Football Club, owned by Egyptian-born Mr Allam, known as ‘The Pharaoh’
A spokesman for Mr Miliband yesterday refused to say if Mr Allam had made a £100,000 donation. But The Mail on Sunday has seen a leaked letter from Labour Party general secretary Iain McNicol, thanking Mr Allam for the money. In his gushing missive, Mr McNicol expressed his ‘sincere gratitude’ for the tycoon’s ‘incredible contribution’ to party funds
Mr Miliband arrived at the match in a Rolls-Royce provided by his host, who has an estimated personal fortune of more than a quarter of a billion pounds, after mysteriously pulling out of an NHS rally. He claimed he was ‘too ill’ to go the rally, even though he arrived at the match in time for the 3pm kick-off – two hours after the rally was due to start.
Hull City Council and the police said they knew nothing about any ‘NHS rally’, prompting claims it was a ruse to provide ‘cover’ for Mr Miliband’s trip to meet Mr Allam.

In 2007, The Mail on Sunday revealed how Labour donor and property developer David Abrahams broke electoral law by giving the party £600,000 via his solicitor, the wife of an employee and a jobbing builder who had no idea he had given Labour £200,000.
It led to the resignation of Labour General Secretary Peter Watt

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2116495/A-100-000-gift-Eds-ride-tycoons-Rolls-The-real-story-Labour-leader-NHS-rally-was.html#ixzz1qKLCcyz5

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:09 pm

High Security Surrounds Cameron's List of Visitors

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhxkqvf_Se6SsY-Umhix3D0kbx16iUtibMGoY6c1c6d2CdNzCK(dailymail.co.uk)

" ....and , apparently, last Monday there was Trixie Fitt-Tarte - blimey, I paid her for some reason..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:32 pm

The Cameron joke...lol!

Blueturando - nice try! Wink

I do agree that it all needs tidying up. Personally I think ALL major political parties should be publicly funded. Then we get a level playing field.

A small price to pay for enhanced democracy.

If they go for limiting the contributions, then the unions will get around this by seeking to officially confirm an agreed contribution to the Labour party from each individual member - rather than just giving money without personal permission. I think that is really needed, even though the money the unions will give is not generated by and unions who are not, technically, public or private commercial companies.

Of course Miliband has to stop the Labour party from going bankrupt - as does Cameron, and so all leaders have to seek donors. They have to pay their staff wages, etc., and so raising money, as is, is perfectly OK at this juncture. Where else would they get it?

We need proof - prima facie evidence - that Cameron or Miliband broke the law or at the very least, some kind of moral etiquette.

Even though I am NOT a fan of Dave, I do believe in justice, and so would not like to see someone metaphorically hung, drawn and quartered on a whim. There has to be hard facts before anyone can be condemned.

I believe in justice.

Having said that, I have already concluded that with Dave, sadly (and I quote his own supporters), it is more a question of competence rather than an indictment based on legality or probity.

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:40 pm

Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:39 pm

That's the Redknapp Defence, isn't it? "I'm not intelligent enough to do something illegal."
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:00 pm

'nuff said, Guv!

Don't bend down to pick up the soap.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:36 am

REDFLAG

Thanks - I do think that Ed is coming out of this latest political pile of excrement a la fan, especially after his masterful handling of the News International nightmare, rather well.

Increasingly he is looking and taking on the role as a feasible and probable next PM.

I will stick my neck out and say that unless Ed is caught making love to Mrs Thatcher, or selling his granny to a rich oil merchant, he will almost certainly become the the next PM.

In truth, I am certain that the voters will gravitate to the Labour party like wasps to honey. Honey being a kind of healing, nourishing balm, as opposed to the caustic soda fountain offered by a morally and competence bankrupt Tory/LibDem government living on borrowed time.

To end with an extravaganza of old phrases: the ides of March have been cast, the writing is on the wall and the boots are on the table for David Cameron and his grotesque chimeric monstrosity of a government.

Soon his theatre of the absurd, cruelty and buffoonery will end with a spectacular electoral disaster followed by a rank implosion of extravagant hubris that will be ever so satisfyingly cathartic for us all!

Last edited by AwfulTruth on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:45 am

AwfulTruth wrote:REDFLAG

Thanks - I do think that Ed is coming out of this latest political pile of excrement a la fan, especially after his masterful handling of the New International nightmare, rather well.

Increasingly he is looking and taking on the role as a feasible and probable next PM.

I will stick my neck out and say that unless Ed is caught making love to Mrs Thatcher, or selling his granny to a rich oil merchant, he will almost certainly become the the next PM.

In truth, I am certain that the voters will gravitate to the Labour party like wasps to honey. Honey being a kind of healing, nourishing balm, as opposed to the caustic soda fountain offered by a morally and competence bankrupt Tory/LibDem government living on borrowed time.

To end with an extravaganza of old phrases: the ides of March have been cast, the writing is on the wall and the boots are on the table for David Cameron and his grotesque chimeric monstrosity of a government.

But still not giving as much as he is getting Francis Maude (he who has the biggest BRASS NECK) was out today saying that Ed is the Unions puppet they have no shame or just ignore it will go away attitude but not a Labour MP in site telling people that there the party of Big Companies, if they do not do something that drip drip effect will erode the advantage Ed has in the polls have just sent an Email to him telling him to get his finger out if he does not by the time Autumn 2014 comes Scotland will be heading for the EXIT DOOR of the UK.

Soon his theatre of the absurd, cruelty and buffoonery will end with a spectacular electoral disaster followed by a rank implosion of extravagant hubris that will be ever so satisfyingly cathartic for us all!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Hello Red, Have you been at that bottle again?? Very Happy
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Here's a thought. If the Pope ever meets Cameron, who charges who, and given the RC's wealth, if it's Cameron charging, should he ask for enough to cover our National debts?.Smile
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:11 pm

What a handy time to leak the NHS Risk Register, which was being asked for over the past few months, just when all our attention has been taken up with this scandal....

Has nayone heard the any details of the risks identified on the National News???

What didi the Tories accuse Labour of........Saying 'It's a good days to release bad news'...

Was yesterday a good day for a leak...........of bad news you want people to miss?
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:45 pm

astradt1 wrote:What a handy time to leak the NHS Risk Register, which was being asked for over the past few months, just when all our attention has been taken up with this scandal....

Has nayone heard the any details of the risks identified on the National News???

What didi the Tories accuse Labour of........Saying 'It's a good days to release bad news'...

Was yesterday a good day for a leak...........of bad news you want people to miss?

Thanks for the Info. I didn't hear anything at all and so your posting was timely. Having read through, and I'm in no way intelligent, I have only one comment. 'God help us all'. Well, the poor anyway.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:53 pm

A major donor to the Conservative Party proposed the dilution of workplace rights in a report which won the backing of David Cameron but was blocked by the Liberal Democrats.

Adrian Beecroft, a venture capitalist who has given £593,000 to the Conservatives since Mr Cameron became leader in 2005, recommended companies be allowed to sack unproductive workers at will. The businessman, whose interests include payday loans company Wonga.com, argued that "coasting" workers inhibit economic growth and deter employers from recruiting.

Many of his sweeping proposals would have gone ahead if the Tories governed alone. (Independant)

Lib Dems can brag about this, however this clearly shows Cameron is a liar and a cheat.

This should be a front page story even for the Daily Mail.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:59 pm

NHS Risk Register Draft Leaked - With Over A Dozen Serious Areas Of Concern

Among 13 areas given a risk rating of 16 - with likelihood and impact each assessed at four out of five - were:

* Costs being driven up by GP consortia using private sector organisations and staff;

* Implementation beginning before adequate planning has been done;

* Loss of financial control;

* "Unhelpful conflict" between the NHS commissioning board and regulator Monitor;

* GP consortia going bust or having to cut services for financial reasons;

* GP leaders being drawn into managerial processes which end up driving clinical behaviour.

Other dangers, considered to have a lower rating of 12, included the risk that "NHS role in emergency preparedness/responsiveness is more difficult to manage through a more devolved organisation, and so emergencies are less well managed/mitigated".

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03/27/nhs-risk-register-leaked-lansley-burnham-nhs-reform_n_1381786.html?ref=uk-politics
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Mel wrote:Hello Red, Have you been at that bottle again?? Very Happy

Hi Astra I do not drink but some of the Tories might start drinking my BRASSO when its only for Polishing there BRASS NECKS with.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:20 pm

astradt. Why should we think the privatisation is not goint to be the same as all the others.
Their Modus operandi is the same now as its always been whether it be Water, Electricity, Gas, Railways, Motor manufacturing, Steel production, shipbuilding or mining. They starve them of funds leaving them to flounder, pick a fight with the trades unions so they have someone else to blame, then flog them off on the cheap. From there things for the Tories get even better, they give their friends and relatives prior notice so they can purchase all the shares at rock bottom prices and what was ours ends up theirs. Do not think this will not happen with the NHS, in fact its already happening. We have as much chance of winning as they do of losing.
They lie and cheat their way through life, yet condemn rioters who are doing the same as them, getting something for nothing, only to quote Herr Cameron, It was all criminality, not protest. Yes the damage and destruction was criminal but the violence they (rioters) where involved with, was nothing near as violent as what they the Tory led coalition are inflicting on the UK.
As a matter of interest I e mailed Crispin Blunt MP regarding honesty by politicians, his answer is.

Dated 26th March 2012
Thank you for your email dated 17th March 2012 about honesty in public life.

I simply do not share your analysis of my fellow parliamentarians and after almost 15 years in the job, have found them to be, from all parties, overwhelmingly honest, hard working, publicly spirited individuals.

In my experience, politicians’ use of language can give rise to some of the frustrations which you express with the profession, but ironically, it is principally because of the need not to lie. The presentation of unpopular and difficult truths is not regarded by many as a successful strategy for a politician but neither is direct untruth. This leads us to much of the carefully convoluted and qualified language that is the norm of much of political discourse. A direct lie is unusual because in many circumstances it is properly fatal to a politician’s future.

I suspect I will not change your mind after providing me with your jaundiced view of my colleagues and me in parliament, but I have tried to afford you the respect of my own analysis.

Well peeps I would be interested to get some other opinions of this letter, and may reply to it later. Or perhaps some of you could ask your MP (tory) what they feel about honesty in parliament.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:44 am

Hello bobby, talking of "liars" Cameron claimed to have eaten his last West Cornwall Pasty at Leeds station last week.

West Cornwall Pasty store at Leeds station closed 31 March 2007
Will he now eat humble pie? Nah!!!!!

Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:56 pm

Yes it did melly, however the Cornish pasty Booth closed last week. It's all about getting your facts right before opening your gob. All the best as always.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:15 pm

"Cameron Guest List?"

His Coalition have got at least eight more things wrong since the "Cash for Suppers" row!

Do try and keep up!!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Rumour has it that 'The Sunday Times' might have some more revelations about the Tories for us this weekend. Let's hope so. Hell hath no fury like a Murdoch who doesn't get the whole of BSkyB.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 25  Next