Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

+29
ghost whistler
Deadly Nightshade
skwalker1964
boatlady
Tosh
Shirina
Red Cat Woman
Adele Carlyon
Jill Segger
Blamhappy
trevorw2539
AwfulTruth
Mel
Stox 16
Scarecrow
Redflag
blueturando
tlttf
Charlatan
sickchip
witchfinder
bobby
jackthelad
keenobserver1
Phil Hornby
Ivan
oftenwrong
astra
astradt1
33 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 14 Empty Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

Post by astradt1 Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Justice minister stripped of powers

Ken Clarke to take charge after Djanogly failed to declare family interest in claims management companies

The justice minister, Jonathan Djanogly, has been stripped of his responsibility to regulate firms that "ambulance chase" the public following a Guardian investigation that revealed how he and his family could profit from controversial changes to legal aid he was piloting in parliament.

Djanogly, the heir to a £300m family business, had failed to declare that his teenage children were minority shareholders in his brother-in-law's businesses – two firms that advertise claims and are part of an industry that Djanogly regulated in government.

Do you get the feeling that after each Revelation about members of this government you just have to shout NEXT
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 14 Empty Re: Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

Post by Mel Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:26 am

Spot on OW as usual Cool

Mel

Back to top Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 14 Empty Re: Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1)

Post by Mel Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:29 am

Blam "Oh, I'm really sorry. I thought it was "new news". Oooops! Oh well, I suppose it might mean more people here see it..."

No need for an apology Blam and I hope you didn't mind my pointing that out. Good point "more people see it here".
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:45 am

oftenwrong wrote:
astra wrote:Looks like the "Granny Tax" will be repealed

(that's now 141 OW Very Happy

I am developing an inescapable conclusion that Thatcher's successors have her instructions tattooed on the inside of their eyelids. They're singing from a 1980 hymn book, but can't remember the right words.

OW I have been saying the same thing for months, they have no plans of there own so they looked at her papers from her reign of terror and found all they needed to inflict austerity on everybody but there rich and Millionaire friends.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Baroness Warsi has apologised for failing to disclose her shared business interest with a relative who travelled with her to Pakistan on an official visit.

She surely must go now and yet Cameron is still backing her. Surprise surprise!!!!

Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Mel Said: She surely must go now and yet Cameron is still backing her. Surprise surprise!!!!

What I want to know is, when is the stupid git going to back a winner.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Come on guy's Warsi said she was sorry........so that makes it all OK now doesn't it?
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Warsi's Humble Apology

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 1) - Page 14 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqt0Uxm2MKiNGeWHoAZfrNTjQS8Pw_F4vzAKJCIpIxQI-rYBxrLw(guardian.co.uk)

" I'm truly sorry.......that I've been found out..."

Question : Is there a single Conservative politician who isn't corrupt...?
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Phil, it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. A very large haystack and a tiny needle.

Where there is muck there is money. Where there is Tory money there is plenty of muck, the kind that stinks.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hogun13 Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:18 am

Isnt there one in every government?
Anonymous
Hogun13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:18 am

Indeed Hogan there is and more than one in many cases. There will always be a few bad apples, greed takes over if they think they can get away with it.
I can in some cases forgive them for their greed and stupidity. However when they become mercinary, cruel, uncaring and ruthless towards those less fortunate such as the sick the poor and the elderly just as this bunch of criminals are acting, then there can be no forgiveness whatsoever in my book.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:55 am

Isn't there one in every government?
LOL. You'd be hard pushed to find one honest person in this corrupt, sleaze-ridden and incompetent administration.
Evil or Very Mad
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:09 am

Ivan wrote:
LOL. You'd be hard pushed to find one honest person in this corrupt, sleaze-ridden and incompetent administration.
Evil or Very Mad

Your correct Ivan the more this gov't goes on the more sleaze will come out, things that will make our hair stand on end.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:14 am

Who remembers poor old Dennis Skinner MP getting stick for stating that "Half the people opposite are corrupt" He got out of that tidily enough, but how can it be said that all are corrupt without a Polis rapping at yer door?
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:17 am

Isnt there one in every government?

Hogun, why did Tony Blair hit downing street with such a landslide in 1997?, was'nt "NO MORE SLEEZE" one of his more repeated battlecries?
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:25 am

astra wrote:

Who remembers poor old Dennis Skinner MP getting stick for stating that "Half the people opposite are corrupt" He got out of that tidily enough, but how can it be said that all are corrupt without a Polis rapping at yer door?

I wish people would get off Dennis Skinners back, he is one of the MPs that tells it like it is a spade is a spade in his book I watch the BBC Parliament channel on a regular basis, more so at PMQs and Im always happy when D.S. signals that he will be asking Scam..er..on a question then I know I will be seeing one of Scam..er..ons famous HISSY FITS.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:33 am

RED!

I am not "on Skinner's back!"

I seldom agree with him, no matter that. But his haranguing of the Borys is refreshing, and even entertaining. If members "of the party opposite" claimed the same expenses as D Skinner MP AND ALSO did the same amount of work for their constituants, then this may be a fairer country to live in.
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:23 am

astra wrote:RED!

I am not "on Skinner's back!"

I seldom agree with him, no matter that. But his haranguing of the Borys is refreshing, and even entertaining. If members "of the party opposite" claimed the same expenses as D Skinner MP AND ALSO did the same amount of work for their constituants, then this may be a fairer country to live in.

I did know that astra, did you know he does not employ anybody to deal with his mail from constituents he does it all himself research and replying to all his correspondents. cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:51 am

Warsi was guilty.

The prime minister's adviser found she was guilty of only a "minor" breach of the ministerial code for failing to declare she had been accompanied by her business partner.

Lady Warsi, who has apologised to David Cameron, said it was time to "move on". Yea I bet she does!!!!

She is still facing a separate probe by a parliamentary watchdog over her claim for an accommodation allowance.

Guilty is guilty surely, especially when there are other questions to be asked of her doings. "time to move on" indeed, lets sweep it all under the carpet for Cameron's sake eh?
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:26 am

The lump in the carpet is likely to have become the elephant in the room for Cameron's Companions by the time of the next General Election.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:57 am

guilty of only a "minor" breach of the ministerial code

Like saying a girl is just a little bit pregnant! Razz
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:11 pm

astra wrote:
guilty of only a "minor" breach of the ministerial code

Like saying a girl is just a little bit pregnant! Razz

Could that been around six months gone astra lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:31 pm

All I can say to that is, this government is up the duff!!! Smile
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Re: Is this another Tory scandal brewing?
by Mel Today at 8:51 am

.Warsi was guilty

Oh dear. Now the cat's out of the bag can we have a pregnant pause while considering our next posts.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Take as long as you like trevor, whilst the Warsi cat is in the bag.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:57 pm

From msn : " The largest hoard of Iron Age Celtic coins found anywhere in northern Europe has been discovered by two amateur metal detectorists who have been searching in the same field in Jersey for 30 years. "

We just knew it was pointless for blueturando to seek to hide his piggy-bank for that rainy day... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:31 pm

Thirty years, eh? When Con Ed blacked out the entire Eastern Seaboard of the USA, it gave a Mr. Solomon Leibowitz of New York City the opportunity to telephone the home of his lifelong friend Mo Shlomo in order to ask, "Where was Moses when the lights went out?"

It was an opportunity he had been waiting for since 1973.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:05 am

We just knew it was pointless for blueturando to seek to hide his piggy-bank for that rainy day...

Lol....I wish Phil...Unfortunately joe public like me don't get to pay 1% tax living in Jersey. Only the chosen few are that lucky. My piggy bank is bare Sad

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:39 am

Ivan wrote:
Evil or Very Mad

I cannot agree more with your statement Ivan. it has to be the most incompetent administration I can ever remember in my 53 years of life. I still find it hard to believe that anyone could even say they would even think of voting for them after this lot in a poll. How can even 35% of the UK people still tell a poll they would vote for this lot? just unbelievable to me.
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:01 am

Part of the problem lies in the persistence of our belief that, "The word of a Gentleman is his bond." Our inclination is still to want to see the best in people, and we continue to be surprised when someone takes advantage of our trust.

When I lived and worked abroad for ten years, I had more than one local friend express incredulity at my "British" integrity, which they found slightly comical since their habit was to seize any advantage going.

Interestingly, a number of immigrants from the Indian sub-continent who were brought up under British Raj pukka-sahib rule are perplexed at the petty dishonesty they find on arrival here.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Stephen Green, Ex-HSBC Boss Now Trade Minister, Has 'Questions To Answer' Over Money Laundering Claims

Trade minister Stephen Green "faces serious questions" after HSBC, the bank he was chairman of for four years, was accused of allowing drug king pins, terrorists and rogue nations to launder money through its global subsidiaries.

Lord Green of Hurstpierpoint was executive chairman of the British banking giant from 2006 until 2010 when he was given a ministerial job by David Cameron and made a member of the Cabinet Committee for Banking Reform.

HSBC was forced to apologise yesterday after a United States Senate committee found that over the last ten years the bank had provided services to some lenders in Saudi Arabia and Bangladesh believed to have helped fund al Qaeda and other terrorist groups.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/18/stephen-green-minister-hsbc-money-laundering_n_1681794.html?1342602416&utm_hp_ref=uk

astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Hello astrat1,

Cameron has so much to answer for with his engagement of so many who have turned out to be suspect.
Soon hopefully we shall have the completion of these court cases regarding
those he has either engaged as active party members and others he has been close to. It seems to me that unsavoury greedy uncaring ruthless types such as Cameron attract the same kind of vermin and are happy until the bubble bursts and they are found out. Many gambles on the part of Cameron are coming home to roost.
Surely there will be enough sleeze laid upon him to have him ousted. Let it be soon before it's to late.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:55 pm

I remember being pally with an accounts clerk who told me about the time she was in an Audit team doing a routine check of the accounts of a train company shortly after privatisation, which showed up serious discrepancies in the Restaurant car receipts. Careful matching of records placed responsibility firmly on the shoulders of one man, in a senior position.

Upon this being reported to the Company's Accountant, he apparently said "That's impossible! Mr. xxxx is the First-Class Barman and has been in that job for fifteen years."

It can take that long to build up Trust, but only seconds to lose it.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:10 pm

What happened with Baroness Warsi? It's just occurred to me that I heard no more about it after it blew up a little.

Does everything get brushed under the carpet?
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:45 am

Hello Blam, Indeed as you say everything gets brushed under the carpet.

Cameron and Co know only too well these things take time to uncover and even longer for justice to prevail. Plenty of time for them to continue in office
implementing scorched earth for the incoming Labour party to deal with.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:23 pm

Mel wrote:Hello Blam, Indeed as you say everything gets brushed under the carpet.

Cameron and Co know only too well these things take time to uncover and even longer for justice to prevail. Plenty of time for them to continue in office
implementing scorched earth for the incoming Labour party to deal with.

That is the Tory way brush it under the carpet the pheasants will not know any better, like yourself Mel whoever gets in at the next GE will have a huge pile of shyte to clean up.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Hello Red,

Good to see you here again. Have you been on holiday?
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Mel wrote:Hello Red,

I have been quite ill plus went on holiday after got better to recover, Im off again in a couple of weeks going to Yorkshire for ten days to make sure I am well again but I do miss the forum and you guys.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:06 am

Redflag wrote:
Mel wrote:Hello Red,

I have been quite ill plus went on holiday after got better to recover, Im off again in a couple of weeks going to Yorkshire for ten days to make sure I am well again but I do miss the forum and you guys.

Well hope your holiday in Yorkshire was a good one Red.
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:44 pm

“Conservative Party will not pay back Asil Nadir's Polly Peck donations.”

John Major was Prime Minister in 1993 when Asil Nadir fled to Northern Cyprus. He promised that the £440,000 which the Tories received in donations from him would be returned if the money was “dishonestly obtained and dishonestly donated”. Nadir has now been found guilty of ten counts of theft from his own business empire worth £28.6 million, but the Tories are refusing to pay back what they received.

Labour MP Simon Danczuk said: “Even John Major's government, which was mired in sleaze, knew they'd have to give back Asil Nadir's money if he was found guilty.

For the full story:-
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/909370-conservative-party-will-not-pay-back-asil-nadirs-polly-peck-donations?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:19 pm

One just cant trust greedy Tory tyrants, especially when they have seen to it that a 5year term policy was pushed through, knowing that that might well be their lot following the implementation of Total nasty Tory idelogy, backed to the hilt by Clegg a saffron blue creep, of a second class so called leader of his party.

Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:32 pm

FOREIGN Secretary William Hague should be called to account for his foolhardy decision to threaten a Foreign Power with invasion of its Embassy in London.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/gerald-warner-hague-rattles-sabres-as-the-us-pulls-his-strings-1-2476421?commentspage=1
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next