Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't like fat cat pay? Move to Cuba

+3
oftenwrong
astra
astradt1
7 posters

Go down

Don't like fat cat pay? Move to Cuba Empty Don't like fat cat pay? Move to Cuba

Post by astradt1 Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:37 pm

Following the publication of the report of findings of High Pay Commission which pointed out that the gap between Executives and the general work force had gone up from 13 time the average wage to 100+ times. Amongst is the recommendation is that ordinary workers should executive pay committees.

In response Heather McGregor of the Executive Search firm Taylor bennett said:-

that in her view when it comes to executive pay packets: "There isn't such a thing as too much or too little money." She also added that those who didn't like the current way pay is set should "move to Cuba".

She also said

giving an employee a say on how much their boss was paid Is like parents giving their children a say on how much they could spend on a suit.

Her most controversial statement was that it should be shareholders who set pay rather than workers, adding: "We do not operate workers' co-operatives. If they all want to work in a workers' cooperative everyone can move to Cuba."

http://money.aol.co.uk/2011/11/22/dont-like-fat-cat-pay-move-to-cuba/?icid=maing-grid7|uk|dl4|sec1_lnk3|86185

Is she right or should there be an upper limit on the mulitiples of avarage pay of their employees a boss could earn?
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Don't like fat cat pay? Move to Cuba Empty Re: Don't like fat cat pay? Move to Cuba

Post by astra Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:15 pm

She Sounds like an airhead to me!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Don't like fat cat pay? Move to Cuba Empty Re: Don't like fat cat pay? Move to Cuba

Post by oftenwrong Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:29 pm

Most Company Directors allow themselves a quiet smile when that haircare advert comes on TV, intoning because you're worth it.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Don't like fat cat pay? Move to Cuba Empty Top pay. The free-market. Thatcher started it all.

Post by Ivanhoe Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:38 pm

This is the very same deregulated free market exploitive system that allows people to buy houses and push up prices for everybody else. That provides people with profits and shares in Utility's while charges increase, hitting the poor.

This is the very same system that allows people to pay a very low "income tax", while stealth taxes cripple the poor.

This is the very same political system that states the elderly must live on a pittance, while being means tested for demeaning handouts.

This is the very same system creating mass homelessness in Britain.

This is the very same system that Thatcher started in the 80's, it is called the deregulated free market, and it allows people to do as they wish, but people should not expect the State to catch them should they suddenly become one of the exploited, instead of remaining an exploiter.

This very same system always comes from the right of the Tory party in Government because they know the British people will fall for it every time.

Because the British largely, have and always will vote with their wallets.

Cameron continues saying "we are all in it together", and we are, but we cannot see it, because we dont want to look.

Just dont get ill, unemployed, or old, because when you do, you will also find yourself being exploited, and it's not a nice feeling.

But we British never change, and that's why right wing Capitalism appeals to us, until we are hit, personally, but by then, it's all to late.

Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:45 am

Ivanhoe wrote:This is the very same deregulated free market exploitive system that allows people to buy houses and push up prices for everybody else. That provides people with profits and shares in Utility's while charges increase, hitting the poor.

This is the very same system that allows people to pay a very low "income tax", while stealth taxes cripple the poor.

This is the very same political system that states the elderly must live on a pittance, while being means tested for demeaning handouts.

This is the very same system that Thatcher started in the 80's, it is called the deregulated free market, and it allows people to do as they wish, but people should not expect the State to catch them should they suddenly become one of the exploited, instead of remaining an exploiter.

This very same system always comes from the right of the Tory party in Government because they know the British people will fall for it every time.

Cameron continues saying "we are all in it together", and we are, but we cannot see it, because we dont want to look.

Just dont get ill, unemployed, or old, because when you do, you will also find yourself being exploited, and it's not a nice feeling.

But we British never change, and that's why right wing Capitalism appeals to us, until we are hit, personally, but by then, it's all to late.

Ivanhoe
Well this is a most complex topic you have posted. as you have asked many question at once. but I believe the key question happens to be why does right wing capitalism appeals to us, until we are hit, personally, but by then, it's all to late. if I am wrong then sorry Ivanhoe.

Well I happen to believe that there has always been a strong majority who see right wing capitalism as a root to riches and that its quite OK to vote for greed. till it goes wrong as you say. I also believe this is a very big pull among men mostly with woman taking a less than greedy root in there thinking. The Left in my view is seen as less driven by by capitalism as a whole. the Right wing like to dress this up as if its OK to put yourself first rather than the Left wing view of supporting a more community based lead society. Capitalism does have a great pull inside the human mind, as it plays on the ability to gain private riches without caring how this is done or who you have to push out of the way to gain this. you see these best at work. with many trying to fight there way passed others to move up the company ladder. yet you do come across a small group who are quite happy to go along with there jobs without having to feel the need to fight there way up the company ladder. capitalism also feeds a human need to act in a primitive primeval role, a sort of fighting without the need to die if you like. to act as a sort of hunter. yet when wounded its human nature for us too seek the sanctuary of the community, too feel safe once more. till some of us feel strong again and feel its once more OK to fight for personal greed. the right in my view feed this within a lot of people. not all.
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:33 am

Stox 16 wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:This is the very same deregulated free market exploitive system that allows people to buy houses and push up prices for everybody else. That provides people with profits and shares in Utility's while charges increase, hitting the poor.

Ivanhoe
Well this is a most complex topic you have posted. as you have asked many question at once. but I believe the key question happens to be why does right wing capitalism appeals to us, until we are hit, personally, but by then, it's all to late. if I am wrong then sorry Ivanhoe.

Well I happen to believe that there has always been a strong majority who see right wing capitalism as a root to riches and that its quite OK to vote for greed. till it goes wrong as you say. I also believe this is a very big pull among men mostly with woman taking a less than greedy root in there thinking. The Left in my view is seen as less driven by by capitalism as a whole. the Right wing like to dress this up as if its OK to put yourself first rather than the Left wing view of supporting a more community based lead society. Capitalism does have a great pull inside the human mind, as it plays on the ability to gain private riches without caring how this is done or who you have to push out of the way to gain this. you see these best at work. with many trying to fight there way passed others to move up the company ladder. yet you do come across a small group who are quite happy to go along with there jobs without having to feel the need to fight there way up the company ladder. capitalism also feeds a human need to act in a primitive primeval role, a sort of fighting without the need to die if you like. to act as a sort of hunter. yet when wounded its human nature for us too seek the sanctuary of the community, too feel safe once more. till some of us feel strong again and feel its once more OK to fight for personal greed. the right in my view feed this within a lot of people. not all.

Stox, I think you have summed up right wing capitalism very well, it is a dog eat dog scenario, and I would dearly like to read bluey's defence of it.

Blue seems to be the only right wing Tory, and Thatcher admirer on this site, but he/she admits as to not knowing all of Thatcher's policies, which in my opinion is a bit silly to say the least.

I seriously and literally do not want to gang up on bluey, I have too much intelligent's for the lynch mob mentality, but I cannot get my head round his or her allegence to Thatcher based on what most of us know what she did in policy making. ???
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 pm

Women like men with money.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:38 pm

There speaks the voice of experience, Ouroborous.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:38 am

sickchip wrote:Women like men with money.

True sickchip forgot about that
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Don't like fat cat pay? Move to Cuba Empty Fat cat pay

Post by tlttf Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:10 am

I'm a union member myself and I do see some excellent work carried out by my rep, but at the top table do the union leaders deserve the same wages as "fat cat" public company management. Surely they should all be subject to the type of wage restrain that sickchip proposed previously and only be allowed to earn no more than 10 times the lowest paid worker?

Union leaders enjoy bumper pay-hikes and 'golden goodbyes'
Union leaders have enjoyed pay rises of up to 60% and £90,000 "golden-goodbyes" while their members are struggling to cope with rising living costs and pay freezes, according to official accounts.
Unions are looking at calling the first general strike since 1926, which could lead to six million workers out on the picket line.

By Steven Swinford, Senior Political Correspondent

10:00PM BST 12 Jul 2013

Financial statements published by the Trade Union Certification Office show that almost 40 union leaders have received six-figure pay packages in the past year, including one union leader who received £230,000.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10176757/Union-leaders-enjoy-bumper-pay-hikes-and-golden-goodbyes.html

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:58 am

Human Nature being as it is, people are bracketed by pay-grade, so anyone expecting to speak on equal terms with Government Ministers must be similarly remunerated.

Complain to your psychologist.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum