Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

The commercialisation of Christmas

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by astra on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Uh  HUH!!!

No Kiddin'

We got a chrismas tree up in our street already.

Is this the first?  Or have some been put up elsewhere?


(now where's the Purdy and Purdy?)
avatar
astra
Deceased

Posts : 1864
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : North East England.

Back to top Go down


Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by Dan Fante on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:46 am

My mate's Mam and Dad had one of those tacky signs: If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be sweet and wipe the seat

Dan Fante

Posts : 928
Join date : 2013-10-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by timeout on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:48 am

Dan Fante wrote:My mate's Mam and Dad had one of those tacky signs: If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be sweet and wipe the seat
we aim to please you, kindly aim to please us.
avatar
timeout

Posts : 43
Join date : 2013-10-12
Location : london

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by stuart torr on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:50 pm

I can never understand that, because if you realise that you do it why do they not sit down and pee? after all no-one is going to see them are they.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by Kazza on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Are men able to pee straight, or is there a natural curve either way? Because if one aims a hose through a 12" hole, from about 12" away, it would surely be impossible to miss? confused 
avatar
Kazza

Posts : 67
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Devon, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by Kazza on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:24 pm

stu wrote:I can never understand that, because if you realise that you do it why do they not sit down and pee? after all no-one is going to see them are they.
I don't understand it either stu, one of life's mysteries.
avatar
Kazza

Posts : 67
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Devon, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by stuart torr on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:42 pm

Hi Kazza love been keeping myself busy, i'm decorating the hallway as peter sent a post to the old site to me and a few others and it had me in tears I must admit. I have posted one back and then cried my eyes out so instead of just doing the one door i've done three apart from frames on two,take care got more to answer-x
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Kazza wrote:Are men able to pee straight, or is there a natural curve either way? Because if one aims a hose through a 12" hole, from about 12" away, it would surely be impossible to miss? confused 
It doesn't always come out straight, seriously, and if you're half asleep, or mangled. Embarassed As I get older it's an altogether longer and more drawn out process as well. Sad
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by stuart torr on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:11 pm

That is one of the reason's that I sit down half the time Sheldon, as age gets to all the males, once you miss a few times you say that's it.Mad 
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by Kazza on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:01 am

stu wrote:Hi Kazza love been keeping myself busy, i'm decorating the hallway as peter sent a post to the old site to me and a few others and it had me in tears I must admit. I have posted one back and then cried my eyes out so instead of just doing the one door i've done three apart from frames on two,take care got more to answer-x
You have a big heart stu - I can't find the emotion to cry for someone I don't know. Neutral  Best of luck with the decorating, can you start on mine when you've finished yours please? Laughing 
avatar
Kazza

Posts : 67
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Devon, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by Kazza on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:08 am

Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:
Kazza wrote:Are men able to pee straight, or is there a natural curve either way? Because if one aims a hose through a 12" hole, from about 12" away, it would surely be impossible to miss? confused 
It doesn't always come out straight, seriously, and if you're half asleep, or mangled. Embarassed As I get older it's an altogether longer and more drawn out process as well. Sad
That's all very well and understandable as we get older and bits stop working and drop off, but there's no excuse when you're in your 20's!

(I have to mop up after my son and stepson...) Crying or Very sad 
avatar
Kazza

Posts : 67
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Devon, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by Sam Hunter on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:26 am

Kazza wrote:(I have to mop up after my son and stepson...) Crying or Very sad 
Well it's no wonder their aim is a little off if you're stood right behind them, mop in hand. That could be really distracting. Wink


Last edited by Sam Hunter on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
avatar
Sam Hunter

Posts : 47
Join date : 2013-10-12
Age : 44
Location : The edge of Cheltenham

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:11 am

Kazza wrote:
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD wrote:
Kazza wrote:Are men able to pee straight, or is there a natural curve either way? Because if one aims a hose through a 12" hole, from about 12" away, it would surely be impossible to miss? confused 
It doesn't always come out straight, seriously, and if you're half asleep, or mangled. Embarassed As I get older it's an altogether longer and more drawn out process as well. Sad
That's all very well and understandable as we get older and bits stop working and drop off, but there's no excuse when you're in your 20's!

(I have to mop up after my son and stepson...) Crying or Very sad 
Well I have 5 grandchildren, all boys, and only one of them thinks the rule about lifting the seat don't apply. He's only 5, but I cured him by ushering him back to he toilet and supervising him as he mopped it all up with toilet paper. Despite his rather entrenched attitude towards the lifting of the seat rule he picked it up pretty quickly when he knew he was going to have to clean the piss up himself. Two or three times in fact, was all it took. Wink 

Of course I can't say what he'll be like when he's in his twenties, I have a 21 year old nephew and when he's not spraying it around like a feral Tom cat, he's trying to flush his mobile phone, or the handset of the house phone. headbang 
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by Bellatori on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:01 am

I have been trawling the internet for an article I saw many years ago. A german landlord found he kept having pipework in the bathroom replaced. He eventually asked a local university to investigate and they commented that his steel pipework near the toilet was being eaten away by misdirected urine. Apparently he had put into his lease agreements that men had to sit when urinating!

Whether it was true or not, it did make me chuckle and I definitely heard/saw this on the BBC (so it must be true Very Happy )

Bellatori
Banned

Posts : 446
Join date : 2013-10-11
Age : 65
Location : Newcastle

http://www.bellatori.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by Kazza on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:13 am

Sam Hunter wrote:
Kazza wrote:(I have to mop up after my son and stepson...) Crying or Very sad 
Well it's no wonder their aim is a little off if you're stood right behind them, mop in hand. That could be really distracting. Wink
Laughing Agreed, I should learn to let go...(obviously I'm not that bad, but almost...have you noticed the neat bows on my shoes...?Wink )


Last edited by Kazza on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text)
avatar
Kazza

Posts : 67
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Devon, UK

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by stuart torr on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Nice one Sam you have me laughing too,all laughs on here today.
avatar
stuart torr
Deceased

Posts : 3187
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 57
Location : Nottingham. England. UK.

Back to top Go down

Re: The commercialisation of Christmas

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum