Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Civil unrest and increased inequality

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Civil unrest and increased inequality

Post by sickchip on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:11 am

First topic message reminder :

Everything i said on msn years ago is coming to pass......and as i predicted there is no way out of the conundrum. I guess many will cling to a sinking vessel.....scraping pearls from diamonds whilst drowning. Isn't life kinda cute......and ugly american?
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Re: Civil unrest and increased inequality

Post by oftenwrong on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Cameron will shortly be brought down by the Shire Tories who disagree with both his Europhile stance and his support for gay marriage.

But nothing will change. A smoothy-chops clone will move seamlessly into place.

oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:35 pm

A smoothy-chops clone will move seamlessly into place.
Are you thinking of this useless specimen by any chance? Rolling Eyes

Source: dietjustice.blogspot.com
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

http://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:57 am

For 13 years Labour set the upper tax rate at 40%, when about to be kicked out for incompetence they raise the rate to 50% knowing the incoming government will reduce it back (politics is weird innit). The present government has set it at 5% above the previous thieves yet you believe they're doing wrong.
They've raised the tax threshold taking more of the low paid workers out of income tax and giving them more money.

Labour has received £1,000,000 of public money (as yet) to set out their policies yet their silence is deafening. Does that mean they're taking money under false pretences?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:42 am

tlttf wrote:For 13 years Labour set the upper tax rate at 40%, when about to be kicked out for incompetence they raise the rate to 50% knowing the incoming government will reduce it back (politics is weird innit). The present government has set it at 5% above the previous thieves yet you believe they're doing wrong.
They've raised the tax threshold taking more of the low paid workers out of income tax and giving them more money.

Labour has received £1,000,000 of public money (as yet) to set out their policies yet their silence is deafening. Does that mean they're taking money under false pretences?

Let me put you straight on that failure in your thinking tittf, the reason for the tax going up to 50p the banks had crashed through there OWN GREED Alister Darling had tried everything else and could not afford to borrow anymore after HAVING to borrow so much to keep 5 banks and 2 building societies afloat for the sake of the UK and its people, the only way he could get money was to raise taxes. The reason for us thinking that this shower is doing WRONG thousands of people have been sacked from the public sector and flung on the dole through no fault of there own and now the benefits they receive are being CUT, with NO GROWTH and 2.51 Million unemployed how are they supposed to live in your view and that of the party you vote for WORKHOUSE is the answer or live on the streets anything that suits the Tory Ideology and Mantra. As for taking the low paid out of tax the majority of them wages we so low they never paid tax to begin with, as for the rise in the personnel tax allowances rising in April by £235.00 is roughly about £19.50 per month less than £5.00 per week and yet there tax credits is being reduced by around £500.00 per year.

THAT IS WHY IT IS NOT FAIR ON PEOPLE THAT DID NOT CAUSE THE PROBLEM
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:12 pm

Yet you think your lot did the right thing by bailing out the banks that caused the problem due to failure to regulate initially. Isn't the real world cruel?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:32 pm

I'm amused that anyone should imagine that allowing the Banks to close their doors might have been a viable option.

All credit cards useless. Cheques ditto. No wages. No way to pay for essentials like food, electricity, gas and water. Police, Ambulance, Hospitals continue partial working out of a sense of responsibility, but for how long without pay?

Still, never mind. Pull up the ladder, we're on board. Oh! tlttf preferred to saw it in half!

oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by methought on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Post by Phil Hornby on Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 9:56

To be honest, I can't be bothered with apathy anymore...

Oh dear you made me laugh...............
Again!
methought

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:00 pm

" Oh dear you made me laugh...............
Again! "

Some on here are great debaters; some have a huge analytical intellect; some are simply very knowlegeable on a wide range of subjects.

When one has none of these , one has to find something else to offer... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:02 pm

tlttf wrote:Yet you think your lot did the right thing by bailing out the banks that caused the problem due to failure to regulate initially. Isn't the real world cruel?

Sorry to disappoint you tittf but if I had been asked my reply would have been FCUK THEM let them SINK they deserve nothing for being so BLOODY GREEDY, but and there is always a but what about the people who had their life savings in the banks and people's mortgages and of course the Labour party would have been DAMNED if they did not help the country out and of course because they did they are still being damned "No Win Situation" for Labour but the Tories and the L/Ds will have high price to pay come 2015 because they're making the normal working man/woman pay when by rights the B(W)ankers should be paying back with their Immoral huge bonuses and any profit the banks concerned make.

As for the banks regulation the MAGGOT de-regulated the banks in 1983, and do not put this back of the 13 years of Labour if in 1983 the Maggot had not wanted to help her friends and Tory donors out in 1983 the banks would still be regulated TODAY and what happened in 2008 would never have happened. cheers
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:16 am

oftenwrong wrote:I'm amused that anyone should imagine that allowing the Banks to close their doors might have been a viable option.

All credit cards useless. Cheques ditto. No wages. No way to pay for essentials like food, electricity, gas and water. Police, Ambulance, Hospitals continue partial working out of a sense of responsibility, but for how long without pay?

Still, never mind. Pull up the ladder, we're on board. Oh! tlttf preferred to saw it in half!

At first OW I thought that Gordon Brown was wrong to bail out the banks through nothing else but there own bloody GREED so that they would get bigger and bigger bonuses, plus I did not quite understand financial matters but a friend of mine Stox who posts on here took his time and explained it so that I got the FULL PICTURE, although it still looks as though Labour would have been damned if they did help the banks and damned if they did not. It is only the likes of tifttf that say now that Labour should not of bailed the banks out and in one way he could be right at least they would not still be able to pour money into Tory party funds. cheers
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum