Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by blueturando on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Tonight’s YouGov poll for the Sun has topline figures of CON 41%, LAB 39%, LDEM 10%, Others 10%. This is the first time that YouGov have shown a Conservative lead since December 2010. It certainly looks as though the Conservatives have recieved a boost from David Cameron’s veto at the European summit. There is also a new ComRes poll out tonight for the Independent which has topline figures of CON 38%(+1), LAB 38%(-1), LDEM 12%(+2) – also showing the two main parties effectively neck-and-neck. How is it that the tories can be level or ahead in the polls when they are having to make some very difficult and painfull decisions to try and bring down the deficit, the umemployment figures are the worst for 17 years. We have had strikes, pension reforms, VAT rises and the veto in Europe etc.......

It looks like Ed Millaband is not liked or trusted by many of the elecorate. In my opinion he looks weak, sounds weak and has no policies to speak of....Everytime he tries to get the better of Cameron in PMQ'S he ends looking like a fool with Cameron destroying him. Ed Balls is no better...he comes across as an odious man with no substance, who would probably stab his own wife in the back if it meant he gained more power.

Labour missed a trick in not voting in Eds brother David into the leadership role. David would have given Cameron a better run for his money and I believe he is a better politician than Ed too. With the two Eds at the helm I believe Labour are not a viable opposition right now and one or both could be dispatched by the party sooner rather than later

Last edited by Ivan on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Re: Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by sickchip on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:21 pm

The fact that Cameron has garnered support through the use of crass, meaningless politics only proves how jingoistic, and stupidly ignorant, much of the UK public is.

It's not just the exploitation of the EU situation to rouse misplaced national pride that is sickening........it is also the manipulation of news in order to invoke people to support cuts in benefit that is galling. It just goes to show what a vicious, nasty bunch of morons much of the british middle classes are.

sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:56 pm

Sickchip....Anyone who votes Labour is nasty!!!!

The nasty party who took us into an illegal war where 100 thousand innocent civilians died for Blairs cause and now he is creaming the cash with blood on his hands....now that's nasty!!!

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:12 pm

Penderyn wrote:
oftenwrong wrote:
Penderyn wrote:
oftenwrong wrote:It's genuinely painful to see dismissive comment on the Falklands campaign, which cost the lives of brave British soldiers, sailors and airmen.

Whatever your opinion of the Politicians giving the orders, many British made the ultimate sacrifice, as they are still doing to no obvious purpose in places like Helmand.

Those who feel no compassion whatever for such sacrifice perhaps feel themselves worthless.
Obviously the Falklands war really mattered to the relatives of those killed. The control of the islands, though, was of no importance - and Thatcher would have sold them soon enough if the Argentine military had waited. The comment above sounds too much like the Sun for my taste. What is the point of such stuff?

What's the point of Welsh whiskey?

Dunno. What IS the point of 'Welsh' whiskey? You get this out of a cracker?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:47 pm

blueturando:-
The nasty party who took us into an illegal war
blue. Not sure what this has to do with Ed Miliband, but it can't go unchallenged.

'The nasty party' (the one so-named by Theresa May) was overwhelmingly supportive of the Iraq invasion, and IDS (the Tory leader at that time) has been honest enough to say that he would have taken the UK in as well. Blair would not have won the parliamentary vote on the war without Tory support (not that he needed a vote to declare war, but thanks to Gordon Brown a PM will require a vote of approval before any future invasions).

I very much wish we hadn't gone into Iraq, though I'm glad Saddam Hussein is dead, and most of the casualties arose from Sunni and Shia Iraqis killing each other. As to the legality of the war, that issue will probably be debated for many years to come and isn't as cut and dried as you suggest. I'll just quote one 'expert' but I could quote more if you wish. Anthony Aust, former Foreign Office deputy legal adviser and visiting professor of international law at the London School of Economics said: "There is a good legal argument that it was lawful on the basis of earlier UN resolutions, such as 678 passed in 1990 and 687 in 1991, and subsequent action by the Security Council during the next decade. Resolution 678 was still in force. To say it was no longer effective because it was 13 years old is spurious. If you follow that argument most of our domestic laws would be no longer in force.”
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

http://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Ivan......Dodgy Dossier, enough said on that one

I was just pointing out a fact or two to Sickchip who referes to the tories as the nasty party while ignoring his own parties shortcomings....Pot/ kettle really

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:38 pm

Dodgy Dossier, enough said on that one.....I was just pointing out a fact or two to Sickchip who referes to the tories as the nasty party while ignoring his own parties shortcomings...
blue. The so-called 'dodgy dossier' was to try and persuade Labour MPs to support the war. The Tories didn't need any encouragement.

I'm fairly sure that sickchip is not a Labour supporter. Although there's no longer much of an alternative to Labour (apart from the lovely Caroline Lucas in Brighton), it doesn't follow by any means that all those who loathe the Tories will choose the most effective way of getting rid of them.
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:00 am

blue,

Ivan is right - I am not a labour party supporter......at least not since Blair and the band of sycophants and careerist sell outs that have followed him.

So please don't assume that my criticism of the 'nasty' tories means I'm a supporter of labour.
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:19 pm

......at least not since Blair and the band of sycophants and careerist sell outs that have followed him.

An' there wiz me thinkin' I wiz the only one!! Very Happy cheers
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:40 pm

blueturando wrote:Sickchip....Anyone who votes Labour is nasty!!!!

The nasty party who took us into an illegal war where 100 thousand innocent civilians died for Blairs cause and now he is creaming the cash with blood on his hands....now that's nasty!!!

I can remember who supported it too. They are called tories, I believe, a lot of thieves and scoundrels who will jump on any bandwagon as long as it runs someone else over.
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by kentdougal on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:03 pm

I can remember who supported it too. They are called tories, I believe, a lot of thieves and scoundrels who will jump on any bandwagon as long as it runs someone else over

Yes it was widely supported but why? On the basis of Blair's dodgy dossier that's why. Blair the lying cheating war criminal/multi millionaire
kentdougal

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:31 pm

kentdougal wrote:

I can remember who supported it too. They are called tories, I believe, a lot of thieves and scoundrels who will jump on any bandwagon as long as it runs someone else over

Yes it was widely supported but why? On the basis of Blair's dodgy dossier that's why. Blair the lying cheating war criminal/multi millionaire

I don't think it was widely supported at all: the crooks and their Noise Machine told people to support it. What were all those people doing in London if they believed those liars? I was there, and nobody disagreed - at best they said 'they must know more than we do', which they did, of course - which side their bread was buttered when it came to grovelling to the Yanks and 'getting on'.
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Blair had already committed British support to George Dubya Bush before Parliament had even had a chance to discuss the matter.

Rumour hath it that when the Chilcot Enquiry reports, it's not going to be very supportive of our Tone. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by kentdougal on Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:14 pm

Penderyn wrote:

I don't think it was widely supported at all: the crooks and their Noise Machine told people to support it. What were all those people doing in London if they believed those liars? I was there, and nobody disagreed - at best they said 'they must know more than we do', which they did, of course - which side their bread was buttered when it came to grovelling to the Yanks and 'getting on'.

I'm beginning to give up here this ingrained prejudice is just ridiculous. I have no great love or awe of ANY politicians most of whom I wouldn't trust to run a cake stall and who as I said before should have had a proper job before being elected. Personally I didn't believe Blair's dodgy dossier and was very strongly AGAINST it, as I was against Afganistan a sure loser and against getting in any way involved in Libya which at least thankfully didn't cost us any lives but did cost a shed load of money and we still don't know who we were actually supporting although it seems pretty certain that there is a big element of Al Qaeda. Yes the same lot we supposed to fighting to keep out of Afganistan. Credit where it's due opposition to the Iraq war was the only thing the Lib Dems ever got right
kentdougal

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:45 pm

oftenwrong wrote:

Rumour hath it that when the Chilcot Enquiry reports, it's not going to be very supportive of our Tone. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

.....so what! It's not as though he'll be punished in any way. Are we meant to be appeased by the expensive Chilcot whitewash (jobs for the boys) feigning disapproval of Tony.

What has been the point of the whole farce?
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:16 am

'The nasty party' has been doing more of its evil work, as this sad story shows:-

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:44 am

3.2 Million people on Disability Living Allowance???? Come on Ivan that's a ridiculous number and obviously some serious fraud going on here, that is more than likely taking away the funds of people who really need the help.

Thanks you for pointing this out to me, I didn't realise so many were on the make

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:21 am

Blooo!

I'm on DLA and Higher mobility!

Have had the DS 1500 form signed by my GP (Well urktchully, the only lovechild in the practise who speaks nice to me or Mrs. A., I would not let him prescribe a tablet to my avtar to the left, but theregoes!)

is the £175.00 per week REALLY hurting yoo so bad Bloo? I paid ALL my ferkin life, since 1968 I have played the "White Man" and paid up""

How do yoooo think I feel when I see yooo and other Bories (thank you Lurcher) (R.I.P.) insinuating I am fiddling the books, as yoooooo have not given yoooooorself a "get out clause"" have yer!!

To see the likes of yer hero Bories like Ashcroft who BOASTS that he pays LESS tax than does his cleaning lady, yet can get the same treatment on the ski slopes in Scotland as yooooo or I and they have paid FU€K all into the system tells me much about yoooooooo and yoooore heroes!

You yourself may be an OK guy, indeed I think you are (I have relatives in St Helier) never been there, cant go now - insurance won't touch me! and the place is grand.

but to cast general statements goes against the grain!

AND YES the cheats get me started as well - koz simply put, they get me in the shyte that they deserve to live in, yet miss it all the time.

Frankly, I feel like a recently divorced father who is being crucified by "the system" coz he woz taken to court by a spouse who wanted more money and ended up with less because the system "takes it's cut" and now the EX spouse want MORE to make up for the shortfall removed by said system!

astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:59 am

Astra....Please don't get me wrong, I am all for helping people in our society who really need help.....I am sure that one day I will more than likely need help from the state in one form or another. My mother brought me and my brother up with state assistance and without it we wouldn't have survived

I don't think £175 a week is enough Astra and I would like to you and others in your situatiuon get more. What I am concerned about is the number of people who scam the system...3.2 million claiming seems very high to me. I may be wrong, but having witnessed my own estranged father scam the system for over 20 years with ' Bad back' injured while working for the council back in the 80's, I simly find it hard to believe he is the only one...I am sure there a lot more like him.
If there could be better ways to flush out the shirkers then maybe we could afford to pay people like yourself who have paid into the pot all your life a better and more deserving sum of money.

PS .....Neither Boris or Ashcroft are no heros of mine...far from it!!! And I hope you do get to come over to St.Helier, but make sure its in the summer....winter is very dull here

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:29 am

3.2 Million people on Disability Living Allowance???? Come on Ivan that's a ridiculous number and obviously some serious fraud going on here, that is more than likely taking away the funds of people who really need the help.
blue. The people who are ”taking funds from those who really need the help” are, as astra says, the likes of Lord Ashcroft, Philip Green, and the firms which have just been reported as having avoided £25 billion in tax. Even Cabinet members such as Osborne and Hammond, who have the nerve to tell us that “we’re all in this together”, have stashed their wealth in off-shore accounts to avoid paying any more tax than Ashcroft’s cleaner.

I’m disappointed by your response to that poor lady’s affliction, I thought you had more integrity than that. We’re talking about a person with Crohn’s disease, who has had seven major operations, has chemo every fortnight, has osteoporosis and malnutrition, and has had major seizures and a stroke. Yet her application for DLA has been rejected.

Had you bothered to read beyond the first paragraph of her blog, you would have discovered that DLA is not an out of work benefit and many of the 3.2 million people receiving it are working. DLA is extra money to deal with the extra expenses of a medical condition or disability, and by receiving it some people can continue to work where they might not otherwise be able to.

10 million people in the UK have an illness or disability, but 60% of them work and 3.2 million people claim DLA. There are three different rates of benefit according to the severity of your condition. According to Sue Marsh, it’s incredibly hard to get, stressful to claim and has the lowest fraud rates of any benefit at less than 0.5%. Try reading the entire blog and the comments which follow it. A child with Down’s Syndrome wasn’t eligible for help because some arse at the DWP said that “he would grow out of it”.

Those 3.2 million DLA claimants will be some of the following sufferers. 3.7 million people have lung disease, 2.6 million people have diabetes, 180,000 people suffer from bowel disease, 5.4 million people suffer from asthma, 2.6 million live with heart disease, around 300,000 people a year are diagnosed with cancer, 1,800 babies a year are born with cerebral palsy, 640,000 people live with schizophrenia, 820,000 live with Alzheimer’s or dementia, 19,000 receive dialysis for kidney failure, 23,000 are deaf blind, around 40,000 people have suffered a spinal injury and 8,500 people suffer from cystic fibrosis.

As one reader of the blog commented: “I wonder, had he not been a career politician and millionaire, would Cameron have treated his son Ivan with the same contempt that is being heaped on the majority of disability claimants?” No, the Tories are not just the nasty party, they’re evil.

Last edited by Ivan on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:32 pm

I find it astounding that WORKING people have to depend on benefits!

Does this not say something to the politico's?

Nah obviously not!!

Raise wages and dpendancy on "Handouts will reduce surely!
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Here is how the town of Middlesbrough will make its contribution to the defecit reduction.

In the same year as the London Olympics the only athletics track on Teesside will close down.

Council tax will rise by 3.5%, people will pay more for less services

There will be a reduction in the number of school crossing patrols

Childrens centres, community centres and youth centres will close

The local deaf centre will close and the local "dial a ride" service will end for housebound and disabled people.

The town of Middlesbrough is one of the most deprived areas of the country, with unemployment set to rise even further and poverty to get even worse, the outlook is looking very bleak.

Meanwhile George Osborne and the Tory led cabinet are giving some serious consideration to getting rid of the 50p tax rate which the highest earners pay - this government need stringing up one by one.

witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:18 pm

this government need stringing up one by one.

Nah, Alltogether Witchy, then we can lay bets on who twitches the longest.
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:42 pm

bobby wrote:this government need stringing up one by one.

Bobby beat me to it, one at a time would be a long drawn out thing, Wembly stadium on a Saturday afternoon would be fine venue for the occasion. Tickets would be a sell out, all procedes to the NHS, that way some good would have come out of the Conservatives, the next week end could be the Lib/Dem's turn. Tickets at a reduces price off course, can't imagine anyone wanting to pay full whack to watch that shower dangle.
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:27 pm

jackthelad wrote:
bobby wrote:this government need stringing up one by one.

Bobby beat me to it, one at a time would be a long drawn out thing, Wembly stadium on a Saturday afternoon would be fine venue for the occasion. Tickets would be a sell out, all procedes to the NHS, that way some good would have come out of the Conservatives, the next week end could be the Lib/Dem's turn. Tickets at a reduces price off course, can't imagine anyone wanting to pay full whack to watch that shower dangle.
See - the Great Society works: already it is shaping a creative future! Onwards and upwards!
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:10 pm

Fantasy, pure fantasy! "All proceeds to the NHS"?
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by kentdougal on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:16 pm

witchfinder wrote:Here is how the town of Middlesbrough will make its contribution to the defecit reduction.

In the same year as the London Olympics the only athletics track on Teesside will close down.

The local deaf centre will close and the local "dial a ride" service will end for housebound and disabled people.

The town of Middlesbrough is one of the most deprived areas of the country, with unemployment set to rise even further and poverty to get even worse, the outlook is looking very bleak.

Meanwhile George Osborne and the Tory led cabinet are giving some serious consideration to getting rid of the 50p tax rate which the highest earners pay - this government need stringing up one by one.

It's not the government that needs stringing up it's the local council using the age old union trick of cutting things that people really need to gain sympathy while continuing with all the non jobs, diversity training,cottaging officers , integration officers, massive payments to the chief executive and of course huge payments into gold plated pension funds
kentdougal

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:32 pm

You've left out "fact-finding tours" for Councillors and Officials.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Not forgetting that all-important 'Head of Stereotyping Services'.... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:36 pm

What about the Three day meetings called "Thought Showers"

That one from the late Bowbells on the MSN board!

It had me creased as I instantly thought of the Council Employees urinating on each other rather than on the proletariat!

Yes Mr Hornby, my Avtar has renounced me - - - AGAIN!
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:10 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:Not forgetting that all-important 'Head of Stereotyping Services'.... Very Happy

oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:21 pm

I rarely failed to find that a fact-finding trip to Scotland was an essential pre-requisite for any impending task... even those in Cornwall.... Smile
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:42 am

oftenwrong wrote:Biding his time.

How very true. lets face it, he has three more years to go before he needs to worry about a GE. by then the Tories will be dead in the water. if they are not already.
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by kentdougal on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:26 am

Stox 16 wrote:
oftenwrong wrote:Biding his time.

How very true. lets face it, he has three more years to go before he needs to worry about a GE. by then the Tories will be dead in the water. if they are not already.

Wishful thinking again-New Labour have now regained their reputation after Gordon's con tricks as the over tax and overspend party
kentdougal

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:50 am

For now those of us who oppose tory idelogy and all the evil policies that go with it, are safe in the knowledge that getting rid of them at the next election is highly probable.

The problem however is if the people of Scotland decide to break up the United Kingdom, it is possible that a Labour government will become rare after the election of 2015 for those of us living in what remains of the UK. The south of England is where the bulk of the population is, and the south of England is conservative, with only one conservative MP in the whole of Scotland, the outlook would be bleek.

The outlook is a lot more uncertain than people realise, and if Scotland does break away, then I predict that eventualy, and because of the stark north - south political divide in England, a growing desire for federalism will emerge, it wouldent take long for the good people of Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle to realise that they are been governed by a tory government in London - that they did not elect.

witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:04 am

it is possible that a Labour government will become rare after the election of 2015 for those of us living in what remains of the UK.
witchfinder. Labour won a lot more seats than the Tories in England in the elections of 1997, 2001 and 2005. Tory votes tend to be stockpiled in the affluent areas of Kent, Surrey and Hampshire, and despite the gerrymandering which is currently being arranged, it won't win the Tories many more seats.

The good news is that the Tory vote is in long-term decline. Look at the last four general election results and you will see that the Tories haven't managed to get above 36% in any of them. And as no party in power has increased its share of the vote in any subsequent election since 1974, I can't see them doing any better next time. Do you think that anyone who didn't vote Tory last time would be tempted to do so now, with their record of broken promises, economic failure and their planned destruction of the NHS?
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:07 am

".... a growing desire for federalism will emerge .... "

Lovely! Another layer of taxation.
A citizen already pays Council Tax, Treasury taxes and a levy to Brussels, which together absorb our first 160 days effort in the working year. We don't start working for ourselves until we're into June.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by keenobserver1 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:31 am

witchfinder wrote:For now those of us who oppose tory idelogy and all the evil policies that go with it, are safe in the knowledge that getting rid of them at the next election is highly probable.

The problem however is if the people of Scotland decide to break up the United Kingdom, it is possible that a Labour government will become rare after the election of 2015 for those of us living in what remains of the UK. The south of England is where the bulk of the population is, and the south of England is conservative, with only one conservative MP in the whole of Scotland, the outlook would be bleek.

The outlook is a lot more uncertain than people realise, and if Scotland does break away, then I predict that eventualy, and because of the stark north - south political divide in England, a growing desire for federalism will emerge, it wouldent take long for the good people of Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle to realise that they are been governed by a tory government in London - that they did not elect.

The people of Scotland won't be breaking up the United Kingdom any time soon. Salmond isn't stupid, there won't be a vote on independence till after the current economic crisis.
keenobserver1

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:30 pm

kentdougal wrote:
witchfinder wrote:Here is how the town of Middlesbrough will make its contribution to the defecit reduction.

It's not the government that needs stringing up it's the local council using the age old union trick of cutting things that people really need to gain sympathy while continuing with all the non jobs, diversity training,cottaging officers , integration officers, massive payments to the chief executive and of course huge payments into gold plated pension funds

Local councils have no serious power and no money, as you know. Why anyone bothers to get on 'em God knows. The tories are destroying the last vestiges of local democracy as they move forward to the Great Gerrymander. Long live the mugs who support them, and their meals of hay!
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by kentdougal on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:08 pm

Local councils have no serious power and no money, as you know. Why anyone bothers to get on 'em God knows. The tories are destroying the last vestiges of local democracy as they move forward to the Great Gerrymander. Long live the mugs who support them, and their meals of hay![/quote]

No money!!! What about the extortionate amount they screw out us each year. I know where a heap of it goes into local government gold plated pension pot- just have a look at how much that costs you and me
kentdougal

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:17 pm

kentdougal wrote:

Local councils have no serious power and no money, as you know. Why anyone bothers to get on 'em God knows. The tories are destroying the last vestiges of local democracy as they move forward to the Great Gerrymander. Long live the mugs who support them, and their meals of hay!

No money!!! What about the extortionate amount they screw out us each year. I know where a heap of it goes into local government gold plated pension pot- just have a look at how much that costs you and me[/quote]

Extremely little, as you know. You an american or something? You don't sound British to me.
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:43 pm

IS ED MILLIBAND LIVING ON bORROWED tIME?

I feel he has to get on his soap box and up the anti very soon!

If he waits any longer, who is going to see him as being able to CARRY said soap-box?
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum