Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Christmas music

Post by Marshabar on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:09 am

First topic message reminder :

I think this is a very beautiful version of Carol of the Bells . . .

Such a beautiful season, I just wish we had snow, the old fashioned fluffy stuff that stays around for a while making the world quiet and bright.
Marshabar

Back to top Go down

Re: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Post by boatlady on Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:37 pm

Compliments of the Season to all and lets hope 2017 proves to be a much happier year all round santa rendeer sunny

boatlady
Administrator (Global Moderator)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Yes- all the best to those on these threads for the Festive Season - not least the currently suffering Ivan...
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 on Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:09 pm

Hi all

Hope you have a Great Christmas..........We have our son home from hospital for the first time since 20th Sept....So it should be a happier time for us......
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:27 am

So pleased for you astradt1! Have a happy time together...
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:32 am

So here we are - brave survivors of another British Christmas, which happen every year though this one seems to have been unusually prolonged. As were reports of the death of a sad little popstar which completely filled Boxing-Day pages and wavelengths. The Big Day had been as usual deja vu all over again. "The family came to us" this year, complete with tiny tots whose names I can't remember and who usually look around for the safety of Mummy if I do speak to them. They'll be sorry for their poor communication skills when they're famous and asked to do one of those telly ancestors programmes!

The lady wife of course prepared a Christmas Dinner big enough to shame that Bible story about feeding of the five thousand, and will provide leftovers well into Lent. Appetite was sharpened by its late arrival to about four hours after we'd almost lost expectation. A highlight was taking the turkey out of the baking-tin "to rest" while a gravy was to have been prepared, only to transfer the entire kit and caboodle onto the kitchen floor. I'm assured this is traditional. In the true spirit of Christmas we had also invited Mrs NextDoor to share our festive table, and I think I saw sparks coming off her knife and fork to begin with. After saying absolutely nothing during the meal, she then monopolised conversation with stories concerning people none of us knew. But our conscience is clear.

Perhaps you saw that Tesco advert where people have a post-it note attached to their foreheads bearing the name of a famous personality, and they have to try and guess who they are meant to be. I can think of endless variations upon that notion, and may explore them next Christmas, when it will be we who "go to them".

Oh! and incidentally, your bin-men now know which of their clients are alcoholics. Unless you are by nature devious, and patronise the bottle-banks. (as do we.)
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:43 am

So - it all went pretty well then...?

(bbc)
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip on Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:33 pm

All the best for 2017 to all who post here.

I'm sure 2017 will be just as crazy as 2016 with regards to politics, news, and events.......and I don't think we'll have much to celebrate at the end of 2017.

However, I wish you all well in your personal lives and endeavours. x
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:06 pm

Thanks, sickchip - have as good a year as you can...!
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:36 pm

Hope you all have a better 2017 than 2016 has been....

My son was finally discharged from hospital today, so we hope for a much better year than the last one.
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by moonbeam on Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:07 am

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
moonbeam
Administrator (Security & Presentation)

http://notmsnmoney.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady on Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:29 am

Brilliant news about your son, Astradt 1 - hope his recovery continues apace this year and that 2017 proves a good year for all
boatlady
Administrator (Global Moderator)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum