Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

+36
Deadly Nightshade
Bellatori
ghost whistler
boatlady
skwalker1964
methought
cybercheshired
Tosh
tlttf
Shirina
Bunnyrunner
KnarkyBadger
Mel
astradt1
Red Cat Woman
Papaumau
Adele Carlyon
jackthelad
Blamhappy
AwfulTruth
blueturando
betty.noire
astra
trevorw2539
LWS
sickchip
Ivan
witchfinder
bobby
keenobserver1
Redflag
Stox 16
oftenwrong
Phil Hornby
Penderyn
Ivanhoe
40 posters

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 6 Empty When do you think there will be a leadership challenge in the Lib Dems?

Post by Ivanhoe Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Lib-Dems will not let Nick Clegg lead them into the next general election because Clegg will definitely be a liability.

The Lib-Dems won't have their leadership challenge too near the general election because this will be seen as a vote grabber.

The Lib-Dems must have their leadership challenge ages before the next general election to be seen as a genuine change of leadership.

So, when do you think their leadership challenge will be ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 6 Empty Re: What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

Post by astra Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:35 pm

I think that they should drop the Democratic tag!!

The last - LAST thing they are displaying now is DEMOCRACY and will have a very hard job proving that they understand the import of the word!

They have renegged on most - if not ALL of their pre-election statements and the old grandees of the party have all but disappeared into the wilderness, as if to imply that the current mess is nothing to do with them!

The current L//Ds are behaving more like The Duke of Cumberland and his co-horts (Whiggs) from which the L/ds are ultimately descended!

astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 6 Empty Re: What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

Post by Redflag Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:33 pm

AwfulTruth wrote:
Hi Cassandra. Long time no Pompeii? Whatever happened to Frankie Howerd?

Hey Trevor

How he made me laugh! I also laughed at Benny Hill and the guy who used to dress in drag and say 'Oh young man!' and 'Oh you are awful!' Laughing

The guy that used to say "Oh your are Awful" was Dick Emery how is that AT.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Ivan said:

How old are these Tory supporters A/T ?

About 130 + ? scratch

They have remnants of a blue rinse and knit a lot...near sharp edges.

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

http://www.rhodesgreece.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AwfulTruth Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Witchfinder said:

Or has all hope been lost for the Lib Dems ?

Yes! What a Face

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 6 Empty Sad Loss

Post by AwfulTruth Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:15 pm

Red

Ah the great Dick Emery! He was SO hilarious that guy. Did we not laugh at his comedy genius? Laughing When you think of all three of them gone - what a terrible loss to the laughing gear their passing was!

To hear not their gentle humour and know delight at their wit and repartee is but a loss that makes the heart pine for such funny, rare performers. clown These jesters who stoked the embers of reality to produce such gilded mirth that cheered the soul, were worth their weight in south sea pearls! Sad

Fondly remembered...

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:41 pm

AwfulTruth wrote:Red, if it goes how we want it to go then the bubbly will be flowing!

Das ist Schadenfreude, und wir werden unsere Köpfe lachen!
Laughing

If all goes well on Thursday 3rd May i do not drink much but Legless here I come who will be joining me ?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:54 pm

I'll join you! Hic! lol cheers
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:I'll join you! Hic! lol cheers

Adele Carlyon, I think Nick Clegg is in for a big shock, and the Lib-Dems in general.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:27 pm

I truly hope so! I hope they are consigned to the political wilderness!
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:I truly hope so! I hope they are consigned to the political wilderness!

Just for one moment, cast your mind to wondering what is going on in the minds of Lib-Dem supporters UK wide ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Just for one moment, cast your mind to wondering what is going on in the minds of Lib-Dem supporters UK wide ?

I've looked for some, but can't find any?.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Come 2015 we'll hear an announcement re: the lib dems

This party is no more, it has ceased to be, this is an ex party.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:20 pm

sickchip wrote:Come 2015 we'll hear an announcement re: the lib dems

We have three years to go yet. Anything can happen.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue May 01, 2012 8:29 am

Ivanhoe wrote:

I would imagine Ivanhoe this Thursdays local election will give us an idea of what will happen in 2015, it will also let the L/Ds know what to expect in 2015.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Tue May 01, 2012 10:37 am

Redflag wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:

I would imagine Ivanhoe this Thursdays local election will give us an idea of what will happen in 2015, it will also let the L/Ds know what to expect in 2015.

Redflag, The only doubt I have when comparing local elections with general elections, is that the public use local elections that dont in the first instance, effect central Government of whichever party is in power. to make a protest vote.

So I am afraid I dont have much faith if any at all, in the British public when it comes to politics and political parties.

In short, most of us realise that the Lib-Dems are finished at the local elections, but will the Tories be equally so ?

Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Tue May 01, 2012 11:55 am

How odd that the people of London have two different mindsets when voting for the main political parties, or has it got more to do with personalities than politics. ?

According to the polls Boris Johnson will be re-elected as mayor, but voting intentions for a general election are very different with Labour well ahead of the Conservatives.

Also, according to a couple of polls ( source: UK Polling Report ) the Lib Dems are in fourth place behind the greens, something I would suggest they will have to get acustomed to - been in 4th place.
witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue May 01, 2012 12:21 pm

Boris is an experienced and competent Politician with equal ability to Branson for self-publicity. The tousle-haired buffoon persona is bogus, but fools the punters. He will remain Mayor of London, even though it's not the job he really craves, because people like "characters". Maybe his opposition at the NEXT election will come from someone like Gorgeous George Galloway.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Cat Woman Tue May 01, 2012 1:41 pm

Stox 16 wrote:
witchfinder wrote:Interesting YouGov poll out tonight which shows the Lib Dems hve slipped down to 8 points, I suppose it could be a fluke, but YouGov is probably the most accurate polling organisation around.

8% Witchy. hell that is the lowest I can ever remember for Lib/Dem's. Is that a record low Witchy?

did anyone see this it was dead funny

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 6 Real-n10
Red Cat Woman
Red Cat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue May 01, 2012 3:13 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:
Redflag wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:

Redflag, The only doubt I have when comparing local elections with general elections, is that the public use local elections that dont in the first instance, effect central Government of whichever party is in power. to make a protest vote.

So I am afraid I dont have much faith if any at all, in the British public when it comes to politics and political parties.

In short, most of us realise that the Lib-Dems are finished at the local elections, but will the Tories be equally so ?

That is a tough question Ivanhoe, when you see the political fall out from the budget and the sleaze it is possible that the public will punish them and since its from the Watford gap up are the people that are suffering from the cuts and the UK are seeing that the bankers and Millionaires are getting tax cuts and all there getting is pay freezes.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Tue May 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Redflag wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:
Redflag wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:

That is a tough question Ivanhoe, when you see the political fall out from the budget and the sleaze it is possible that the public will punish them and since its from the Watford gap up are the people that are suffering from the cuts and the UK are seeing that the bankers and Millionaires are getting tax cuts and all there getting is pay freezes.

The tories will put the lib-dems in a sack and drown them like an unwanted cat, then replace David and Gideon, and hire a top image consultant/advertising agency to rebrand what they're selling the gullible electorate.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue May 01, 2012 3:32 pm

I don't belive this is true. It's very common for a sitting government to take a hammering in mid-term local elections and then win the subsequesnt GE....But they do deserve a bloody nose.

I would like to see more fringe parties doing well (not the BNP though) This may make the 3 big boys/girls get there acts together, end their pantomime politics and stop taking the public for mugs

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Tue May 01, 2012 7:00 pm

blueturando wrote:

I don't belive this is true. It's very common for a sitting government to take a hammering in mid-term local elections and then win the subsequesnt GE....But they do deserve a bloody nose.

I would like to see more fringe parties doing well (not the BNP though) This may make the 3 big boys/girls get there acts together, end their pantomime politics and stop taking the public for mugs

Bluey, when you say "they deserve a bloody nose", whom are you refering to ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Tue May 01, 2012 7:21 pm

I think he means the coalition.
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Tue May 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:I think he means the coalition.

Adele Carlyon, bluey is a Tory supporter, so when he says they "deserve" to be re- the coaltion, I am wonderring whom he is refering to ?
"
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Tue May 01, 2012 9:02 pm

I think he means the tories.

Razz

And pls call me Adele...it's not so much of a finger full! lol
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Tue May 01, 2012 9:35 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:I think he means the tories.

Razz

And pls call me Adele...it's not so much of a finger full! lol

Hi Adele, methinks bluey is unhappy with his own party then, note his word "deserves"
".
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Tue May 01, 2012 9:45 pm

He is unhappy, he said as much in a few posts last week. I actually admire the fact that he is able to see fault with their policy and admit as much.

Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Tue May 01, 2012 10:35 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:He is unhappy, he said as much in a few posts last week. I actually admire the fact that he is able to see fault with their policy and admit as much.

Adele,

There is simply no answer to that.??????????????
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Tue May 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Nick Clegg: 'Voters Are Ready To Listen To Us'

Nick Clegg signalled today that he expects the Liberal Democrats to avoid another bloodbath in this week's local council elections.

The Deputy Prime Minister said he believed the mood in the country had changed since last year's elections when his party lost 800 councillors.

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live's Breakfast programme, he acknowledged that the coalition as a whole was going through "tricky political times".

But he said that, unlike last year, people were prepared to listen to the Lib Dems' message.

"Of course we want to do better," he said.

"I have actually been round the country talking to many, many people and I actually find that there a different mood compared to last year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/05/01/nick-clegg-voters-ready-to-listen_n_1466993.html?ref=uk

Is Clegg becoming delusional?
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue May 01, 2012 11:23 pm

"Is Clegg becoming delusional?"
Probably not. He and his colleagues have known from Day One that they had a tiger by the tail.
He knows that so long as the Coalition can avoid disaster, "Deputy Prime Minister" is better than the historical precedent of 88 years in the Wilderness.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Tue May 01, 2012 11:41 pm

Clegg's ok!

He's made it now. It doesn't matter if it all goes wrong for the lib-dems.....when it's all over he can always write a book, appear on tv shows, etc.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Wed May 02, 2012 12:00 am

...And relish the fact that Clegg is now slang for Liar and Coward! He must feel so proud! Bloody opportunist shit bag! Grrrr he makes me want to spit!
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed May 02, 2012 7:59 am

Adele Carlyon wrote:...And relish the fact that Clegg is now slang for Liar and Coward! He must feel so proud! Bloody opportunist shit bag! Grrrr he makes me want to spit!

Hi Adele Some reckon that he will pop off to the EU with a job already lined up for himself and leave the rest of the L/D MPs to dig there own way out of the shit he put them in.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed May 02, 2012 10:40 am

Adele Carlyon wrote:...And relish the fact that Clegg is now slang for Liar and Coward! He must feel so proud! Bloody opportunist shit bag! Grrrr he makes me want to spit!

Adele, I was a labour supporter and activist for decades, but in 1997 when Tony Blair took "New" Labour to the "right" to worship the alter of Margaret Thatcher and her free market policies, I withdrew my membership of the Labour party, as did many of my colleages in the Labour party branch where I live.

However, and as much I detest with absolute venom Nick Clegg's decision to stand next to Cameron, I continue trying to understand just why Nick Clegg formed this oholy an allience ?

And the reason is because Nick Clegg wanted to introduce Lib-Dem policies via this coaltion, policies that would not have seen the light of day, hsd Mr Clegg formed alliance with other fringe parties, even though Nick Clegg is upholding right wing Tory policies that make me puke because these policies, as under Thatcher, are harming the people and the very fabrick nof this country.

My instinct will always be to speak up for the underdog, no matter where they are, or whom they be.

And so, with all due respect to yourself, im certainly not one of the lynch mob brigade that has spawned against Nick Clegg since he formed allience with David Cameron.

I dont forget this.

That the people of Britain are largely not politically motivated, many people voting Conservative even now, wont have a clue that the left of centre British Conservative party belonging to the likes of the late Ted Heath whom I much admired, changed to an ultra right wing Tory party in Government in Margaret Thatcher's days, and we know the legacy of that.

So, what im saying is that the British older generations, largely, deserve everything they get, because we also are largely a politically naive nation, always voting with our wallets via self interest, and not in my view, the common good, and certainly not ideoligically voting.

And so the coalition that was formed at the last general election, was not the fault of Nick Clegg's, it was due to the way we British largely are when it comes to politics in general in this country.

Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Wed May 02, 2012 11:41 am

The excuse given by Nick Clegg in going into partnership with the toffs party was that "it was for the good of the country", and that a weak government with no majority would create instability.

What has clearly emerged is that Nick Clegg can never again be believed, he has broken every promise he ever made, turned his back on Liberal principles.

What realy compounds the hypocrisy and the bare faced lies is the fact that Nick Clegg actualy changed his views, his opinions and his rhetoric and tone.

During the election campaign of 2010, Nick Clegg and the LDs never blamed Labour for the deficit, because they knew that at the time there realy was no alternative to supporting the economy during the difficult times, yet now their favorite phrase is "the mess we inherited from Labour", what utter quislings are these. ?

I can clearly remember Vince and Nick saying over and over again "if we make too bigger cuts too quickly, it would kill off recovery" - they changed their minds after meetings with the Tories.

Total and complete abandonment of all they believed in and said, the term I believe is capitulation, giving-in.

The LDs and Conservatives are, or should I say were, complete opposites, such a coalition is unholy and makes no sense, but its too late now for the Lib Dems, they have made their choice and they will pay for it.

witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed May 02, 2012 11:42 am

Hello Ivanhoe, I do not agree with you on the subject of Blair.

I do however strongly agree with you on this that you so rightly have said.

Quote "we also are largely a politically naive nation, always voting with our wallets via self interest, and not in my view, the common good."
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed May 02, 2012 11:48 am

Witchfinder QUOTE "What has clearly emerged is that Nick Clegg can never again be believed, he has broken every promise he ever made, turned his back on Liberal principles."

I really do not know how the bastard can have the audacity to hold his
shameful head up.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Wed May 02, 2012 12:03 pm

"I really do not know how the bastard can have the audacity to hold his
shameful head up."

He doesn't most of the time, just watch him in the commons. He's top of the class for knowing just how many stitches went into making his shoes, as they're the only thing s he looks at most of the time.

People with a real passion for how this country is being governed, and especially those with a sense of fairness, will never forget those broken promises.

The libs sneaked up my path last week to push a leaflet through my door, don't think he was expecting anyone to be in. Boy did he get a surprise when I shoved his leaflet back into his pocket with a few choice words. He was lucky that I didn't file it up his arse on the second shelf on the right! Twisted Evil

And you don't wanna know what happened to the BNP guy who leafleted me 3 years ago, lets just say that he's still recieving counselling and still trying to look up the meaning of "courage of your convictions" lol :affraid:
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Wed May 02, 2012 12:34 pm

Mel wrote:Hello Ivanhoe, I do not agree with you on the subject of Blair.

I do however strongly agree with you on this that you so rightly have said.

Quote "we also are largely a politically naive nation, always voting with our wallets via self interest, and not in my view, the common good."

Mel. What about Blair dont you agree with ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed May 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Scary Adele, I wouldn't want to meet you on a dark night. Hang on, perhaps I might if I were 20yrs younger. Very Happy Forgive me for that please!!!
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed May 02, 2012 12:38 pm

Ivanhoe, I wont go into detail except IMO he was the best PM we have ever had for all, except perhaps he could have done more for those in the North East.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next