Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

+36
Deadly Nightshade
Bellatori
ghost whistler
boatlady
skwalker1964
methought
cybercheshired
Tosh
tlttf
Shirina
Bunnyrunner
KnarkyBadger
Mel
astradt1
Red Cat Woman
Papaumau
Adele Carlyon
jackthelad
Blamhappy
AwfulTruth
blueturando
betty.noire
astra
trevorw2539
LWS
sickchip
Ivan
witchfinder
bobby
keenobserver1
Redflag
Stox 16
oftenwrong
Phil Hornby
Penderyn
Ivanhoe
40 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 11 Empty When do you think there will be a leadership challenge in the Lib Dems?

Post by Ivanhoe Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Lib-Dems will not let Nick Clegg lead them into the next general election because Clegg will definitely be a liability.

The Lib-Dems won't have their leadership challenge too near the general election because this will be seen as a vote grabber.

The Lib-Dems must have their leadership challenge ages before the next general election to be seen as a genuine change of leadership.

So, when do you think their leadership challenge will be ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 11 Empty Re: What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:01 pm

It appears to undermine the notion of a 'Coalition Government' when the second most senior person in the administration leads forth in public on a topic for which his boss in all probability has no enthusiasm , and may not even have been consulted about before his junior colleague opens his large and unreliable mouth.

It just goes to show what a charade all this pretence of a coherent and co-ordinated approach to government actually is. What we are really looking at is the grubbiest example of politics in action we have seem for many a decade. If it wasn't quite so grotesquely nauseating it would almost be comical.....but nobody's laughing... Evil or Very Mad

Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 11 Empty Re: What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

Post by Ivanhoe Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:07 pm

bobby wrote:Ivanhoe. Could you please read a post correctly before making a comment on it. Could you show me where I said Clegg made any comment regarding Tax. The only mention of Tax was my own and what I would be prepared to do, with a change in Government.

""I see the scroat Clegg is now waving his sabre at the wealthiest,
He wants the richest in the country to foot the larger burden in reducing the Deficit,""

How's this ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:48 pm

Not too good Ivanhoe, read it again.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:14 pm

bobby wrote:Not too good Ivanhoe, read it again.

Okay, copy and paste it for me, and ill try to please you. Anything for the quiet life methinks.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:06 pm

Ivanhoe wrote: Okay, copy and paste it for me, and ill try to please you. Anything for the quiet life methinks.

Bloody hell Ivanhoe, it was only a few posts ago. And if you really want a quiet life, dont respond to posts you haven'y read correctly, or just don't understand
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:19 am

bobby wrote:Ivanhoe wrote: Okay, copy and paste it for me, and ill try to please you. Anything for the quiet life methinks.

Bloody hell Ivanhoe, it was only a few posts ago. And if you really want a quiet life, dont respond to posts you haven'y read correctly, or just don't understand

Hi bobby we should not be arguing between ourselves, the Tories are the ones we should be fighting and anyone that is backing what they are doing with the cuts, beleive it or not they are people out there that think these Austerity cuts are just what the UK needs.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:09 am

Hello Red.
I’m sorry Red if you find my defending myself distasteful, its just that a post of mine was misread and commented on, I pointed this out to the offending poster, who instead of re-reading my post to ascertain what it was I said, he started waffling on, obviously not a big enough man to simply apologise for what may have been a simple mistake. Fortunately I an not a Christian and its not in my nature to turn the other cheek, a quality worth its weight in gold when I was in the Army, but now it seems is frowned upon.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:30 pm

bobby wrote:Hello Red.
I’m sorry Red if you find my defending myself distasteful, its just that a post of mine was misread and commented on, I pointed this out to the offending poster, who instead of re-reading my post to ascertain what it was I said, he started waffling on, obviously not a big enough man to simply apologise for what may have been a simple mistake. Fortunately I an not a Christian and its not in my nature to turn the other cheek, a quality worth its weight in gold when I was in the Army, but now it seems is frowned upon.

Hi bobby

Of course I would never deny you defending yourself, so it that is the impression I gave you please except my apology, Im the same not very good at turning the other cheek although I have always counted myself as a Christian not a good one but never the less a Christian. cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:41 pm

Hello Red. No appology nessesary between friends. Anyway you have done nothing to appologise for.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Well, just look at the weather! It's 100 years since a Liberal last held Government Office, and this has been Britain's wettest Summer for 100 years.

Should we believe in coincidence?

But seriously Nick, if you haven't yet realised that you have the entire Tory Party over a barrel, you're listening to the wrong people. A General Election now would of course consign your Party to the outer darkness, but my guess is that Cameron would agree to lick you all over on prime-time television rather than risk a rift in the Coalition agreement. An election now would be a re-run of 1997. So that's one risk the Tories will not be taking - whatever the cost.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:54 am

bobby wrote:Hello Red. No appology nessesary between friends. Anyway you have done nothing to appologise for.

Thanks bobby you are so kind, and that is because you are a lovely left winger ha ha ha.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:45 pm

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 11 A3e54710

I never thought I would be able to keep a straight face AND get my job back.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:55 pm

oftenwrong wrote: What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 11 A3e54710

I never thought I would be able to keep a straight face AND get my job back.

That says it all after Scam..er..on said about cleaning up politics, lying BACKSTUD if your a politician and fiddle your expenses you just have to wait awhile in the back ground and will get a job back in the same gov't, though the news readers today have said that Laws is more of a Tory than some of the Tories.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Anyone earning more than £50,000 should brace themselves for higher taxes, according to Nick Clegg.

Now that shows just how out of touch with the real world Glegg and his Tory Toffs are in the real world. There we were all thinking he was to start by insisting the "rich" like most of those in the cabinet pay more in taxation, the milloin and multimillionaires. This will be the final nail in the coffin for him and indeed his party.
What a prat!!!
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Mel,

Taxing a tiny minority does not raise nearly as much as taxing the vast majority.

I quite like the proposed " mansion " tax, you cannot hide a home in an offshore haven.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Mel wrote:Anyone earning more than £50,000 should brace themselves for higher taxes, according to Nick Clegg.

When Kinnock (in opposition, obviously) proposed changes to the ceiling on National Insurance Contributions to raise more from "The Rich", its effect would have impacted on anyone earning more than £24,000 a year. He did not succeed in ousting the Tory government.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:18 pm

Yesterday I watched two northern Lib Dem MPs as they were interviewed at the conference on BBC Look North, one of which was Alan Beith (Berwick) and the other Tim Farron (Westmorland & Lonsdale).

Both of these politicians were adamant that there would not be a challenge to the leadership of Nick Clegg, and both men insisted that in the end, in the future, everything would come right and that at the end of the dark tunnel the world will be bright and prosperous and smelling of roses.

What particularly maddened me and always does, is the fact that both these men put the blame for the present recession and economic problems onto the Labour Party and the previous government.

If there are any Lib Dem supporters who read these debates, could I politely point out that in May 2010 the country had emerged from recession six months earlier, and that growth was coming back strongly, the present recession is entirely the making of the coalition government, in particular the failed economic experiment of George Osborne.

I realy cannot believe that I once respected the Lib Dems and even voted for them, I am one of many thousands who will never vote for them again, and when they get annihilated in 2015 ( or before ), they fully deserve it.

witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:41 pm

If there are any Lib Dem supporters who read these debates, could I politely point out that in May 2010 the country had emerged from recession six months earlier, and that growth was coming back strongly, the present recession is entirely the making of the coalition government, in particular the failed economic experiment of George Osborne.

mmmm, I do not call 0.25%, strong growth in the first half of 2010 ?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzs5-unkFWT_9UuKDtCbrUSzaPLok1GM6X17L73VpWzZylQQhE3Q
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:22 pm

Tosh said. mmmm, I do not call 0.25%, strong growth in the first half of 2010 ?

It doesn't much matter what you call it, 0.25% is growth, a lot better than the double dip Recession your Tories have given us.

To use your own words "get over it"
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Nick Clegg's Message: We Won't Kill The Economy Or The Vulnerable

BRIGHTON - Nick Clegg's speech to the Lib Dem conference in Brighton to set out what is likely to be his core message to voters at the next election.

The deputy prime minister looks set to take his party into the 2015 campaign with a simple argument that he hopes will resonate, that the Lib Dems are the only party that won't kill the economy - or the vulnerable.

"Are you ready to trust Labour with your money again?" he said. "And do you really think the Tories will make Britain fairer?

"Because the truth is, only the Liberal Democrats can be trusted on the economy and relied upon to deliver a fairer society too."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/09/26/nick-cleggs-message-we-wont-kill-the-economy-or-poor-people_n_1916461.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Atos Disability Benefits Row: Epileptic Colin Traynor's Death Blamed On Stress Of Being Found 'Fit For Work

The parents of a man who suffered from epilepsy and died after being stripped of his benefits have blamed his death on the stress of being found 'fit for work'.

Colin Traynor, 29, was marked as being able to work as part of the government's overhaul of the welfare system.

He appealed against the decision but died before finding out the result which was ultimately successful.

His family learned the appeal verdict five weeks after his death in April.

Mr Traynor's father Ray said: "I firmly believe - 100% believe - that the system this government introduced has killed my son."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/09/26/atos-disability-benefits-colin-traynor-epilepsy-_n_1917042.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Would Nick lie to us?????
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:57 pm

At the end of 2009 the UK came out of recession with growth of 0.4%, in the first quarter of 2010 the growth rate rose to 0.6% and in the second quarter it rose further to 0.7% - along came the coalition government - in the third quarter UK growth slipped back to 0.6% and never recovered.

At the end of 2011 the UK slipped back into recession, a double dip that George Osborne said in the House of Commons would not happen.

witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Tosh wrote:....

I quite like the proposed " mansion " tax, you cannot hide a home in an offshore haven.

Unfortunately, most of the multi-million-pound London properties bought by foreigners recently have indeed been "bought" by offshore-registered Companies, because there is only one-half of one percent thus payable in Stamp Duty.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:02 am

Witchfinder, I agree with what you have said in your three excellent posts.

Thank you.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:01 am

Thankyou Mel for your kind words

The apologies and creeping by the Lib Dems does not work with me at all, during the election campaign of 2010 it was hammered home by Clegg, Cable & Co that if the Tories were elected we would (a) be hit with a VAT bombshell, and (b) they would risk sending us back into recession - they were right on both counts and ably assisted by Lib Dems.

It isent as though they have gone back on a couple of less important promises, they have reneged on virtualy everything and sold their principles for seats around the table.

witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:09 am

In their Party Conference this week, the Lib-Dems firmly nailed their colours to the Tory mast - supporting amongst other Conservative dogma the plan for further welfare cuts amid continuing austerity. It can't be very long before either Clegg or Alexander revive the Thatcher mantra, "There is no alternative!"
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:31 am

Will Nick Clegg lead the Liberal Democrats into the next election?
Yes
27 % Yes
7,424 votesNo
73 % No
20,213 votes

MSN poll.

Glegg will be out along with his poodle party followers at the next election, joining the Tory tyrants. The problem is the damage they will inflict upon the masses will be irriversible and they know it.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:25 pm

witchfinder wrote:At the end of 2009 the UK came out of recession with growth of 0.4%, in the first quarter of 2010 the growth rate rose to 0.6% and in the second quarter it rose further to 0.7% - along came the coalition government - in the third quarter UK growth slipped back to 0.6% and never recovered.

At the end of 2011 the UK slipped back into recession, a double dip that George Osborne said in the House of Commons would not happen.

Geogre Osborne ?. It is sad that bullshit baffles brains. We will constantly be in recession until there is a fair distrution of wealth in this counry, when social housing becomes a priority, with incomes for the majority, rise.

This can only come via the return of a traditional Labour Government.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:46 pm

Who might be the natural successor to Michael Foot, do you think?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Tony Ben, or Hilary???? or even Brendan Barber? Shocked Imagine Hilary and Gideon at cross swords Very Happy

Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:11 pm

Mel wrote:Will Nick Clegg lead the Liberal Democrats into the next election?
Yes
27 % Yes
7,424 votesNo
73 % No
20,213 votes

MSN poll.

Glegg will be out along with his poodle party followers at the next election, joining the Tory tyrants. The problem is the damage they will inflict upon the masses will be irriversible and they know it.

I think the penny has dropped in regards to Clegg knowing what he has done to his party, and he does not give two fcuks for the rest of them as long as he is ok he is no different to Scam..er..on using the party as his puppet.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Hello Red, good to see you are still with us. cheers
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Mel wrote:Hello Red, good to see you are still with us. cheers

Thank you Mel its good to be back got an e-mail from Ivan explaining things, and if I have made things hard for you I'm sorry. cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Redflag wrote:
Mel wrote:Will Nick Clegg lead the Liberal Democrats into the next election?
Yes
27 % Yes
7,424 votesNo
73 % No
20,213 votes

MSN poll.

I think the penny has dropped in regards to Clegg knowing what he has done to his party, and he does not give two fcuks for the rest of them as long as he is ok he is no different to Scam..er..on using the party as his puppet.

I cannot believe that Cable, Hughes, Ashdown, or even Tim Farrow, will put up with this crap in the run up to the next general election.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:38 pm

I cannot believe that Cable, Hughes, Ashdown, or even Tim Farrow, will put up with this crap in the run up to the next general election..
Ivanhoe

First they will have to examine the alternatives. The removal of Tory support upon dissolving the Coalition prior to a General Election will leave the rump of a Lib-Dem Party in limbo.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:57 pm

First they will have to examine the alternatives. The removal of Tory support upon dissolving the Coalition prior to a General Election will leave the rump of a Lib-Dem Party in limbo.

You mean to say they'd put the Party's needs/welfare/fate above the countries!!? Is this politics thing just a game? Rolling Eyes
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivanhoe Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:55 pm

sickchip wrote:

You mean to say they'd put the Party's needs/welfare/fate above the countries!!? Is this politics thing just a game? Rolling Eyes

It's all about power now, not principle.
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:28 pm

oftenwrong wrote:I cannot believe that Cable, Hughes, Ashdown, or even Tim Farrow, will put up with this crap in the run up to the next general election..
Ivanhoe

Plus the Tories will blame the L/Ds for all the cuts, and watch at the Tory conference when the back benchers of the Tory party do what they done during the Lords reform bill laugh there heads off to his face, and watch for the real vitriol for the L/Ds if Clegg thinks that the voting public are bad he will feel the full force of right wing vitriol. lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:51 pm

Errr.... Make that What future will the Lib Dems have by the end of the Tory Conference?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:56 pm

Why on earth are the Lib-Dems still clinging to the tories?

They need to abandon ship or instigate a mutiny.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:05 pm

Do you know something SC, they are nowt but a set of bent enablers! They've sold out on every single principal they supposedly ever had. For me they are worse than the tories and I hope they get wiped off the political map till kingdom come. They're grasping little two faced cowards.
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:34 am

Adele Carlyon wrote:Do you know something SC, they are nowt but a set of bent enablers! They've sold out on every single principal they supposedly ever had. For me they are worse than the tories and I hope they get wiped off the political map till kingdom come. They're grasping little two faced cowards.

I just do not know when they are going to get it through there thick heads they are "Dead Men Walking" as far as there political careers are concerned, maybe November the 15th will drive it home to them when they loose there three deposits and the people on the street tell them too EFF OFF or abuse them in the street.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next