Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

+36
Deadly Nightshade
Bellatori
ghost whistler
boatlady
skwalker1964
methought
cybercheshired
Tosh
tlttf
Shirina
Bunnyrunner
KnarkyBadger
Mel
astradt1
Red Cat Woman
Papaumau
Adele Carlyon
jackthelad
Blamhappy
AwfulTruth
blueturando
betty.noire
astra
trevorw2539
LWS
sickchip
Ivan
witchfinder
bobby
keenobserver1
Redflag
Stox 16
oftenwrong
Phil Hornby
Penderyn
Ivanhoe
40 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 18 Empty When do you think there will be a leadership challenge in the Lib Dems?

Post by Ivanhoe Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Lib-Dems will not let Nick Clegg lead them into the next general election because Clegg will definitely be a liability.

The Lib-Dems won't have their leadership challenge too near the general election because this will be seen as a vote grabber.

The Lib-Dems must have their leadership challenge ages before the next general election to be seen as a genuine change of leadership.

So, when do you think their leadership challenge will be ?
Ivanhoe
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 18 Empty Re: What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

Post by Redflag Sat May 09, 2015 5:43 pm

I think the Tories helped Clegg back into the HOC is that hoping he will not spill the beans on the truth about what went on within the coalition but Danny Alexander might be willing because he will find out the Tories helped Clegg to keep his seat so the little green monster may pop up.

Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 18 Empty Re: What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?

Post by astradt1 Sat May 09, 2015 10:32 pm

I just wonder how many of the now ex LibDem MP's will receive a little something for their troubles in the Queens Birthday Honours List....... and there is the Dissolution Honours List....That should take care of the ones who have been dumped.....A nice little earner in the House of Lords.........
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun May 10, 2015 9:07 am

I doubt that Danny Alexander will get any help because he has spilt the beans during the G.E astradt, so he might want to come out and tell us of more secrets that went on during the time of the coalition.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun May 10, 2015 9:28 am

Oh, Astradt - don't - I'm having smugness overload
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 18 Empty MP Severance pay

Post by oftenwrong Sun May 10, 2015 12:02 pm

astradt1 wrote:I just wonder how many of the now ex-MP's will receive a little something for their troubles.........

The HofC does have a redundancy payment scheme. (Ex-)Ministers are entitled to three months salary, so that's £17,207 each for Nick Clegg, Danny Alexander, Alistair Carmichael and Ed Davey. Not on that list is Vince Cable, aged over 65 so not eligible. However he does get £33,500 "resettlement pay" having lost his seat for Twickenham.

The total budget for compensating ejected MPs will be in the region of £18m, or as BoJo might express it, "chickenfeed".

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:29 pm

Sadly, no future if your name is Charles Kennedy, the only one of the 57 Lib Dem MPs to vote against going into coalition with the Tories in 2010. He once said: "Labour are our rivals, the Tories are our enemies".

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 18 CGhRSbfUYAAjnL-
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGhRSbfUYAAjnL-.jpg
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:56 pm

Best remembered for his total opposition to Britain's Iraq adventure - "the cost which goes on costing".
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:00 pm

There was a lot of other things that Charles Kennedy voted against Ivan, he was the only Lib-Dem that stood and acted on his Liberal Ideals.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:26 pm

After a shock election result, President Erdoğan needs a coalition partner if he is to retain power in Turkey.......  Shocked

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 18 CG_boHsUgAEQK5H
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CG_boHsUgAEQK5H.png
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:53 pm

Little Mr Erdogan sat on a tuffet
Eating his Kurds and whey,
Along came a Lib-Dim,
Who sat down beside him
And frightened the voters away.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:41 pm

I just wonder if Clegg now believes the pollsters about his party being wiped out at the G.E of 2015, because when he was told before the G.E he did not believe it but I seen the faces of Danny Alexander Vince Cable and Simon Hughes when there results where called out & I would not of missed it for anything.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:33 pm

The squalid agreement to support a Tory coalition has indeed come back to bite them, as was always likely.

The remaining Liberals could now do worse than talk to other minority parties with a view to presenting a united opposition to any further Tory trickery.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:42 pm

Clegg's need for power and ultimate hubris has cost him and his party very dear. He should have listened to Charles Kennedy. It turns out he was a wise man.

I always thought Tim Farron would have been Clegg's natural successor but his performance under Andrew Neil's questions re his voting record throws that into some doubt for me.The only one I can think of is Norman Lamb but he just seems too oily and slimy for me.

5 years in power for the Lib Dems has put them back about 50.
Claudine
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:28 am

Is Gladstone still about...?
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:44 am

cue for song ...

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.
La la la la...
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days

Mary Hopkin
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:58 pm

Claudine wrote:Clegg's need for power and ultimate hubris has cost him and his party very dear. He should have listened to Charles Kennedy. It turns out he was a wise man.

I always thought Tim Farron would have been Clegg's natural successor but his performance under Andrew Neil's questions re his voting record throws that into some doubt for me.The only one I can think of is Norman Lamb but he just seems too oily and slimy for me.

5 years in power for the Lib Dems has put them back about 50.

I agree with you Claudine, the only reason that Clegg won his seat in Hallam Sheffield because the Tory association wrote to the people of Hallam (those that normally vote Tory) to vote Lib-Dem so Cleggy could keep his seat or perhaps to keep his big mouth about what went on in the coalition??
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:23 pm

The parliamentary rump of the party which was so opposed to the Iraq war is in favour of bombing Syria.

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 18 CVKjc4EXAAEag9S
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVKjc4EXAAEag9S.png
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:27 pm

I am amazed at the LibDems doing this. They're actually going to align themselves with the party that almost annihilated them and used them for their own gains. If any party should know what a bunch of abject liars & manipulators they are, it should be them.

I'd be fascinated to know what's left of the LibDem supporters make of their willingness to go to war.
Claudine
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by marcolucco Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:54 am

"I am amazed ...." A natural reaction when reality intrudes on fantasy.
marcolucco
marcolucco

Back to top Go down

Post by marcolucco Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:57 am

"The parliamentary rump of the party which was so opposed to the Iraq war is in favour of bombing Syria."

Yep, people appreciate the difference. ISIS is the target and sane people want to destroy ISIS. Ergo Corbyn doesn't.

marcolucco
marcolucco

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:40 am

marcolucco wrote:"The parliamentary rump of the party which was so opposed to the Iraq war is in favour of bombing Syria."

Yep, people appreciate the difference. ISIS is the target and sane people want to destroy ISIS.   Ergo Corbyn doesn't.

Are you employed by the right wing media marcolucco, how much are they paying you ?? Just to inform you Jermy Corby DOES want to rid the world of those MURDEROUS BACKSTUDS and if you had given JC a fair hearing you would know that. The only reason people like yourself say that he does not because he wants a COMPLETE plan from the beginning to its COMPLETION he does not want another murderous group forming in the ashes of Daesh.

So just so you know where I stand those of you that want Davy boy to get his permission to murder Innocent women & childeren in Syria with OUR BOMBS WARMONGERS the lot of you, we do need to do something about Daesh but with a proper plan from the beginning of the bombing to the great day that Daesh is nothing more than bloody DUST & heaven forbid that the history books even give them a mention.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:13 pm

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015?   - Page 18 Osborne-small-print-plan-to-sell-off-british.21398853

Lib-Dems propose urgent issue of hard-hat and high-viz uniform for all Members of Parliament.  
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:02 pm

Claudine wrote:I am amazed at the LibDems doing this. They're actually going to align themselves with the party that almost annihilated them and used them for their own gains. If any party should know what a bunch of abject liars & manipulators they are, it should be them.

I'd be fascinated to know what's left of the LibDem supporters make of their willingness to go to war.

Claudine Norman Lamb ws the only Lib-dem to vote against the war in Syria , so it seems they have not learned there lesson about siding with the Tories, but when in coalition with the Tories where very good at casting up to the Labour party about the Iraq war and how they voted against it, May be they will contiue until they are ANNILILATED in all of May 2016 elections right across the UK.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Red: There's nothing I can disagree with there!
Claudine
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:38 am

It is no longer the Lib-dem party because it is ruled by the Orange Book brigade, I was listening to "Any Answers" on BBC radio 4 some one phoned in from Inverness saying he had sent his Lib-dem membership back and had now joined the Labour party & he will not be the last one to do so. I just hope that Tim Farron ready for another night like 7 May 2015 in May 2016.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by marcolucco Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:42 pm

"Claudine Norman Lamb ws the only Lib-dem to vote against the war in Syria , so it seems they have not learned there lesson about siding with the Tories, but when in coalition with the Tories where very good at casting up to the Labour party about the Iraq war and how they voted against it, May be they will contiue until they are ANNILILATED in all of May 2016 elections right across the UK"

There's nothing I can disagree with there!

Should have gone to Specsavers.
marcolucco
marcolucco

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudine Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:11 am

I'm already a customer of that fine brand of opticians so may I suggest you leave those childish remarks elsewhere.
Claudine
Claudine

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:52 am

It is no longer the Lib-dem party because it is ruled by the Orange Book brigade, I was listening to "Any Answers" on BBC radio 4 some one phoned in from Inverness saying he had sent his Lib-dem membership back and had now joined the Labour party & he will not be the last one to do so. I just hope that Tim Farron ready for another night like 7 May 2015 in May 2016.

Re the Lib Dems - I'm inclined to think - either they know something we don't - or they're completely losing the plot.
Time alone will tell
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by marcolucco Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:02 am

If, like the Lib-Dems, you make silly statements you invite censure Miss Claudine. Moderation in all things, surely. Let us keep our sense of humour.
marcolucco
marcolucco

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:57 pm

Claudine wrote:I'm already a customer of that fine brand of opticians so may I suggest you leave those childish remarks elsewhere.

Claudine ML sounds more & more like a Tory as his posts go on & on about how bad Labour are and how nice (YUCK) the EFFING Tories are just to let him know he is wasting his time as far as I am concerned and as I know the majority on this forum more wasted time. rofl rofl rofl
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by marcolucco Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:34 pm

redflag wrote:ML sounds more & more like a Tory as his posts go on & on about how bad Labour are and how nice (YUCK) the EFFING Tories are just to let him know he is wasting his time as far as I am concerned

I have (unsuccessfully it seems) tried to illustrate how badly off Labour is with Corbyn. I have said nothing at all about Tories, EFFING or otherwise.
I already appreciate I'd be wasting my time on your education, redflag, but old instincts compel me to try all the same. Foolish, I know.
marcolucco
marcolucco

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:48 pm

So Marco you feel that you are 'wasting your time on educating' members on this forum.......You could always take your obviously vastly superior intellect and knowledge and find a forum which may be more suited to over inflated ego rather than just throwing out insults in the hope of goading others.........But then again this may be how you get your jollies.........
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:28 pm

"...You could always take your obviously vastly superior intellect and knowledge and find a forum which may be more suited  ..."

Be fair astradt1 -that's tantamount to packing off your mother-in-law to another unsuspecting relative on Christmas Day...    Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by marcolucco Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:39 pm

astradt1 wrote:So Marco you feel that you are 'wasting your time on educating' members on this forum.......You could always take your obviously vastly superior intellect and knowledge and find a forum which may be more suited to over inflated ego...

I take it this is an invite for me to educate you in how to read. Nowhere have I said I am wasting my time in educating members on this forum; I was agreeing with redflag that it would be futile for me to try to educate HIM - for whatever reason. By pluralising "member" you put a malicious construction on my post, which is hardly a "moderate" thing to do.
If educated writing makes you uncomfortable, don't read it. Read your own stuff or redflag's and feel happy. If you have to read mine, read it correctly. No apology is necessary - humanum est errare.
marcolucco
marcolucco

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:32 pm

marcolucco wrote:I have (unsuccessfully it seems) tried to illustrate how badly off Labour is with Corbyn. I have said nothing at all about Tories, EFFING or otherwise.
I already appreciate I'd be wasting my time on your education, redflag, but old instincts compel me to try all the same. Foolish, I know.  

Its about time you seen the same in Nige who is full of WOE because he was a poor second  in last weeks by-election, which Labour won under the leadership of the Honourable Jermy Corbyn cheers cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Strong people don’t put others down, they lift them up.

P.S. Redflag is a HER. What a Face
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by marcolucco Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:36 pm

Ivan wrote:Strong people don’t put others down, they lift them up.
Unless they're Sumo wrestlers. Good aphorism - I hope those strong guys who have been putting poor Marco down are listening. I need the occasional uplift.

Regarding redflag, I will re-adjust my mental image.
marcolucco
marcolucco

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:23 pm

Eight posts now since the last reference to Lib-Dems. It's not easy to have an adult discussion when there's a show-off jumping up and down crying, "Look at me".

Kids!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:51 pm

Eight posts now since the last reference to Lib-Dems.
Good point, thank you.  thumbsup

We now know where the Lib Dems are in 2015 - their 57 MPs were reduced to 8, they've paid out £150,000 in lost deposits this year, and Paddy Ashdown didn't eat his hat after promising to do so if they had 10 or fewer MPs. To cap it all, 6 of those 8 MPs of the party most opposed to invading Iraq in 2003 voted last week to bomb Syria, so they can wave goodbye to the anti-war vote.

What future for the Lib Dems beyond 2015? It looks bleak. Having been in government recently, they've lost to UKIP their traditional role as the party of protest. History suggests that it will be a very long time before they are a significant force in British politics again.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:53 am

marcolucco wrote:I have (unsuccessfully it seems) tried to illustrate how badly off Labour is with Corbyn. I have said nothing at all about Tories, EFFING or otherwise.

The first line of your post Says it All marco, I think one of the other boarders on this forum has made a good point to take you and your over grown EGO elsewhere cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:25 pm

What future will the Lib Dems have by 2015? headbang
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next