Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

How long do you think the coalition will last?

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Ivanhoe on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:28 am

I want people's opinion of how long they think this coalition will last. ?
avatar
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Posts : 937
Join date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by astra on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:03 pm

If they are hanging on by their thumbs - these thumbs must be yards long by now

If it is by the "skin of their teeth" then there should be no teeth in any of their gobs!

NAH, my fear, yes fear is we are going to be stuck with them for the duration.
avatar
astra
Deceased

Posts : 1864
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : North East England.

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by bobby on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:09 pm

I think your right there V, Chopper Clegg and his bunch of tossers will see to that.
avatar
bobby

Posts : 1939
Join date : 2011-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by trevorw2539 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:21 pm

The duration of the Parliamentary period. The day of Guy Fawkes is past Sad
avatar
trevorw2539

Posts : 1369
Join date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by bobby on Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:29 pm

More is the shame trevor.
avatar
bobby

Posts : 1939
Join date : 2011-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by blueturando on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:01 pm

It will last the full term and then the Tories will win an overall majority in the next election....You heard it here first Smile

blueturando
Banned

Posts : 1203
Join date : 2011-11-21
Age : 50
Location : Jersey CI

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by bobby on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Hello Blue. Before comeing out with any more of your nonsence, how about responding to some of the other posts.
avatar
bobby

Posts : 1939
Join date : 2011-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Ivanhoe on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:11 pm

bobby wrote:Hello Blue. Before comeing out with any more of your nonsence, how about responding to some of the other posts.

bobby, bluey has a point. Cameron could walk it into the next general election. Far too many working class Tory's have their brains in the Sun and the Daily Mail.
avatar
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Posts : 937
Join date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by trevorw2539 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:13 pm

bobby wrote:More is the shame trevor.

I've often thought that we should put a truth drug solution in the water of the Houses of Parliament. This might produce some surprising speeches and statements Shocked
avatar
trevorw2539

Posts : 1369
Join date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Redflag on Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:42 pm

bobby wrote:More is the shame trevor.

That is a shame bobby but I do think that blue is wrong about this coalition some time between the end of this year and next I think by then we will have seen a few Lib/Dems cross the floor of the H.O.C the MP that used to be a doctor before becoming an MP and the NHS Bill going through will be the straw that broke the camels back.

avatar
Redflag
Deactivated

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2011-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by witchfinder on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:34 pm

The next big test for the coalition will be the local elections in May, and the party set to come off worst of all are the Lib Dems.

Based on recent opinion polls the Lib Dems are set to lose hundreds of council seats and lose control of many councils, infact if recent opinion polls are remotely accurate, a general election tomorrow will see the Lib Dems go from 57 seats to just 11.

But will they hold their nerve and stay in it for the duration ? - or will they cut and run before its too late. ?
avatar
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Posts : 703
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : North York Moors

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by astra on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:41 pm

I'm just sad that there were no PMQ's yesterday!

It should have been a blow out!! Higher unemployment, AAA rating under threat -


Leave the bad news for half term break!
avatar
astra
Deceased

Posts : 1864
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : North East England.

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by blueturando on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:28 am

Hello Blue. Before comeing out with any more of your nonsence, how about responding to some of the other posts..

Hi Bobby........I don't think it's nonsense and I am not just saying this because I am Tory. The reason I say this that I feel that many of the Lib Dem votes will be lost to either of the two major parties, but which way that goes is anyones guess. In my opinion Ed Millaband has a long way to go to convince the wider electorate that he is a credible candidate to lead the country and that Labour a are credible party once again. He has time to change opinion and I am sure the only way is up for him once he gains more experience and if he and the other major players in the party offer a credible alternative to the coalition. By this I don't mean disagreeing with anything the coalition proposes and then in some cases changing their minds back again...what I mean is offering alternative policies and and alternative direction to that of the coalition. He also has the legacy of New Labour to deal with...Not that I thought New Labour were that bad, but they did seriously lose their way under Browns leadership and that's what most people remember.

Cameron could of course commit political suicide if the NHS reforms are not ditched or at least handled in a much better way. The public don't trust the Tories on the NHS and they don't trust Labour on the economy....despite what you may think. These are two of the biggest issues of the day and there is a lot more to played out before we have a stronger idea on who will prevail at the next election

blueturando
Banned

Posts : 1203
Join date : 2011-11-21
Age : 50
Location : Jersey CI

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by oftenwrong on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:08 am

Events will probably flow from whatever happens to the Euro. If that should crumble, all the Treasury and Bank of England forecasts will have to be reset to zero.
avatar
oftenwrong
Sage

Posts : 11906
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by bobby on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Hello bluey, what about the 18 years between Callaghan and Tony Blair. You know what I mean, the question is based on an article you posted and obveously agreed with.
avatar
bobby

Posts : 1939
Join date : 2011-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Redflag on Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:42 pm

witchfinder wrote:The next big test for the coalition will be the local elections in May, and the party set to come off worst of all are the Lib Dems.

Based on recent opinion polls the Lib Dems are set to lose hundreds of council seats and lose control of many councils, infact if recent opinion polls are remotely accurate, a general election tomorrow will see the Lib Dems go from 57 seats to just 11.

But will they hold their nerve and stay in it for the duration ? - or will they cut and run before its too late. ?

May may bring some supprises for both Tory and Lib/Dems if they get there Balls well and truly kicked that might remind them of how the public will be voting come the next G.E, and maybe some of them will start to cross the floor of the H.O.C when they realize there political career is on the line if they want to carry on with the Lib/Dem party and have political ambitions.

Three of them will not care because they will be joining the Tories at the moment they are what we would call Nursery School( training to be a proper Tory) and just in case your wondering who Im talking about Clegg, D. Alexander and V. Cable.
avatar
Redflag
Deactivated

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2011-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Ivan on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:21 am

Well at least one mystery has been solved - we now know why the Lib Dems are supporting the NHS Bill, which neither they nor the Tories have a mandate to implement. A private company called Alpha Healthcare Limited has donated £540,000 to the Lib Dems. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

The latest YouGov poll has Labour on 41%, the Tories on 37% and the Lib Dems on 7%. It's easy to see why most of those people who supported the Lib Dems in 2010, thinking they were voting for a left-wing party, have long since deserted them. Presumably those who voted Tory have got what they wanted - a party which supports the rich, lies about everything, demonises the sick and poor, takes benefits from disabled children and cancer patients and asset-strips any remaining public facilities.
avatar
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

Posts : 7164
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : West Sussex, UK

http://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Redflag on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:33 am

Ivan wrote:Well at least one mystery has been solved - we now know why the Lib Dems are supporting the NHS Bill, which neither they nor the Tories have a mandate to implement. A private company called Alpha Healthcare Limited has donated £540,000 to the Lib Dems. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

The latest YouGov poll has Labour on 41%, the Tories on 37% and the Lib Dems on 7%. It's easy to see why most of those people who supported the Lib Dems in 2010, thinking they were voting for a left-wing party, have long since deserted them. Presumably those who voted Tory have got what they wanted - a party which supports the rich, lies about everything, demonises the sick and poor, takes benefits from disabled children and cancer patients and asset-strips any remaining public facilities.

Thanks for that Ivan I knew the Tories give business and jobs for the boys but did not know the Lib/Dems where at it too this will finish them off as far as the voters are concerned they will get there BALLS KICKED at the local elections in May.

I can understand the rise in the polls by Labour they may not get everything right but would not do what this Gov't is doing to the low paid and unemployed and the sick, I hope the Tories and Lib/Dems get a very HARSH PUNISHMENT from the people of the UK.
avatar
Redflag
Deactivated

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2011-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Ivanhoe on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:01 am

Redflag wrote:
Ivan wrote:Well at least one mystery has been solved - we now know why the Lib Dems are supporting the NHS Bill, which neither they nor the Tories have a mandate to implement. A private company called Alpha Healthcare Limited has donated £540,000 to the Lib Dems. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

The latest YouGov poll has Labour on 41%, the Tories on 37% and the Lib Dems on 7%. It's easy to see why most of those people who supported the Lib Dems in 2010, thinking they were voting for a left-wing party, have long since deserted them. Presumably those who voted Tory have got what they wanted - a party which supports the rich, lies about everything, demonises the sick and poor, takes benefits from disabled children and cancer patients and asset-strips any remaining public facilities.

Thanks for that Ivan I knew the Tories give business and jobs for the boys but did not know the Lib/Dems where at it too this will finish them off as far as the voters are concerned they will get there BALLS KICKED at the local elections in May.

I can understand the rise in the polls by Labour they may not get everything right but would not do what this Gov't is doing to the low paid and unemployed and the sick, I hope the Tories and Lib/Dems get a very HARSH PUNISHMENT from the people of the UK.

I'lle second that Redflag.
avatar
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Posts : 937
Join date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Redflag on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:07 am

Ivanhoe wrote:
Redflag wrote:
Ivan wrote:Well at least one mystery has been solved - we now know why the Lib Dems are supporting the NHS Bill, which neither they nor the Tories have a mandate to implement. A private company called Alpha Healthcare Limited has donated £540,000 to the Lib Dems. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

The latest YouGov poll has Labour on 41%, the Tories on 37% and the Lib Dems on 7%. It's easy to see why most of those people who supported the Lib Dems in 2010, thinking they were voting for a left-wing party, have long since deserted them. Presumably those who voted Tory have got what they wanted - a party which supports the rich, lies about everything, demonises the sick and poor, takes benefits from disabled children and cancer patients and asset-strips any remaining public facilities.

Thanks for that Ivan I knew the Tories give business and jobs for the boys but did not know the Lib/Dems where at it too this will finish them off as far as the voters are concerned they will get there BALLS KICKED at the local elections in May.

I can understand the rise in the polls by Labour they may not get everything right but would not do what this Gov't is doing to the low paid and unemployed and the sick, I hope the Tories and Lib/Dems get a very HARSH PUNISHMENT from the people of the UK.

I'lle second that Redflag.

Thank you Ivanhoe the only problem that I have is I would like a front row seat to watch them getting there Knackers KICKED, just to make sure that they get there Just Deserts.
avatar
Redflag
Deactivated

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2011-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by oftenwrong on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:49 pm

The Lib-Dems Spring Conference in a month's time promises to be a lively discussion-forum unless the Leadership decide to stifle all protest with a tightly-choreographed Agenda.

Either way, the Country is likely to learn more about the bulk of the Party's views than hitherto.
avatar
oftenwrong
Sage

Posts : 11906
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Ivanhoe on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Redflag wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:
Redflag wrote:
Ivan wrote:Well at least one mystery has been solved - we now know why the Lib Dems are supporting the NHS Bill, which neither they nor the Tories have a mandate to implement. A private company called Alpha Healthcare Limited has donated £540,000 to the Lib Dems. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

The latest YouGov poll has Labour on 41%, the Tories on 37% and the Lib Dems on 7%. It's easy to see why most of those people who supported the Lib Dems in 2010, thinking they were voting for a left-wing party, have long since deserted them. Presumably those who voted Tory have got what they wanted - a party which supports the rich, lies about everything, demonises the sick and poor, takes benefits from disabled children and cancer patients and asset-strips any remaining public facilities.

Thanks for that Ivan I knew the Tories give business and jobs for the boys but did not know the Lib/Dems where at it too this will finish them off as far as the voters are concerned they will get there BALLS KICKED at the local elections in May.

I can understand the rise in the polls by Labour they may not get everything right but would not do what this Gov't is doing to the low paid and unemployed and the sick, I hope the Tories and Lib/Dems get a very HARSH PUNISHMENT from the people of the UK.

I'lle second that Redflag.

I agree with that.. But I think they will dumb themselves down. And/or many Lib-Dem supports wont turn up.

Thank you Ivanhoe the only problem that I have is I would like a front row seat to watch them getting there Knackers KICKED, just to make sure that they get there Just Deserts.
avatar
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Posts : 937
Join date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Phil Hornby on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:38 pm

Quote " The Lib-Dems Spring Conference in a month's time promises to be a lively discussion-forum unless the Leadership decide to stifle all protest with a tightly-choreographed Agenda"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.](mirror.co.uk)
" And anyone wishing to vote against the proposed policy should make their way to the door marked 'Exit to Street Only'..."
avatar
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Posts : 3979
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : Drifting on Easy Street

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Redflag on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:Quote " The Lib-Dems Spring Conference in a month's time promises to be a lively discussion-forum unless the Leadership decide to stifle all protest with a tightly-choreographed Agenda"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.](mirror.co.uk)
" And anyone wishing to vote against the proposed policy should make their way to the door marked 'Exit to Street Only'..."

I would laugh if the majority of them got up and headed for the Exit marked to the street, what would Clegg do then all that would be left is the Yellow Tories.
avatar
Redflag
Deactivated

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2011-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Ivan on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:15 pm

"Nick Clegg is clinging to the Coalition, but is his party starting to let go?"

Mr Clegg will hope to be spared a mauling at the Lib Dem spring conference by party activists for whom the NHS has become a touchstone issue. It is by no means the only tension within a government now so riven with apparent dissent that some believe it will implode before 2015.

For the full article:-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

Posts : 7164
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : West Sussex, UK

http://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by LWS on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Ivan wrote:"Nick Clegg is clinging to the Coalition, but is his party starting to let go?"

Mr Clegg will hope to be spared a mauling at the Lib Dem spring conference by party activists for whom the NHS has become a touchstone issue. It is by no means the only tension within a government now so riven with apparent dissent that some believe it will implode before 2015.
The sooner this quite horrid government implodes the better.
avatar
LWS

Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Mel on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:38 am


Plot to entrench the Tories in power

It's good that a senior Lib Dem, Chris Rennard, has woken up to the way his party has been made accomplice to a Tory plot to build Conservative hegemony (Beware Tory hegemony, Guardian 27 February).

The Orange Book Lib Dems were eager for coalition because of their enthusiasm for neoliberal economics but failed to notice the trap around the cheese: the plot to entrench Tory government. As a result they have eagerly supported all its stages. First, the reduction of the Commons to 600 required a total redistribution. That will cost Labour more seats than the Tories (and incidentally the Lib Dems proportionately more than either). Second, Wales and Scotland, fiefdoms of the left, lost more seats than England. Next individual enrolment will disenfranchise sections of the population likely to vote Labour. The final stage is Scottish devolution. Whatever the outcome of the Scottish referendum, home rule or devo max, it will entail either a reduction in Scottish representation at Westminster or a restriction of the ability of Scottish MPs to vote on "English" issues.

Result? No more Labour governments. Fewer Lib Dem seats. Government by the south east, for the south east, of the south east, forever. Bingo.

This might have been avoided if Clegg had had the guts to insist on proportional representation as part of the coalition deal. He didn't. So, as I pointed out in the redistribution debates, the only way left to stop the plot is to break the coalition before the redistribution comes in and force an election on the existing boundaries. So the question now becomes dare the Lib Dems do this?
Austin Mitchell MP
Labour, Great Grimsby. Guardian letters

How so very true.
avatar
Mel

Posts : 1703
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Redflag on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:19 am

Ivan wrote:"Nick Clegg is clinging to the Coalition, but is his party starting to let go?"

Mr Clegg will hope to be spared a mauling at the Lib Dem spring conference by party activists for whom the NHS has become a touchstone issue. It is by no means the only tension within a government now so riven with apparent dissent that some believe it will implode before 2015.

For the full article:-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Was watching Newsnight 27/2/2012 there is an activist he is a GP and he is getting a petition up with signatures ready for the Lib/Dem String Conference so I think Ivan Clegg and Co are in for a very hard time at the conference, I will be watching that if the BBC is televising it. clown
avatar
Redflag
Deactivated

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2011-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Stox 16 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:53 am

Redflag wrote:
Ivan wrote:"Nick Clegg is clinging to the Coalition, but is his party starting to let go?"

Mr Clegg will hope to be spared a mauling at the Lib Dem spring conference by party activists for whom the NHS has become a touchstone issue. It is by no means the only tension within a government now so riven with apparent dissent that some believe it will implode before 2015.

For the full article:-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Was watching Newsnight 27/2/2012 there is an activist he is a GP and he is getting a petition up with signatures ready for the Lib/Dem String Conference so I think Ivan Clegg and Co are in for a very hard time at the conference, I will be watching that if the BBC is televising it. clown

The Tories will lose the next GE...you hear it first on here from me...As soon as the GE is called the Lib/Dem's and Tories will attack each other over who did what and who failed on this or that....people will see them and walk away from them both...
avatar
Stox 16

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 58
Location : Suffolk in the UK

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Stox 16 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:57 am

LWS wrote:
Ivan wrote:"Nick Clegg is clinging to the Coalition, but is his party starting to let go?"

Mr Clegg will hope to be spared a mauling at the Lib Dem spring conference by party activists for whom the NHS has become a touchstone issue. It is by no means the only tension within a government now so riven with apparent dissent that some believe it will implode before 2015.
The sooner this quite horrid government implodes the better.

I could not agree more with this LWS
avatar
Stox 16

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 58
Location : Suffolk in the UK

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Stox 16 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:07 am

blueturando wrote:
Hello Blue. Before comeing out with any more of your nonsence, how about responding to some of the other posts..

Hi Bobby........I don't think it's nonsense and I am not just saying this because I am Tory. The reason I say this that I feel that many of the Lib Dem votes will be lost to either of the two major parties, but which way that goes is anyones guess. In my opinion Ed Millaband has a long way to go to convince the wider electorate that he is a credible candidate to lead the country and that Labour a are credible party once again. He has time to change opinion and I am sure the only way is up for him once he gains more experience and if he and the other major players in the party offer a credible alternative to the coalition. By this I don't mean disagreeing with anything the coalition proposes and then in some cases changing their minds back again...what I mean is offering alternative policies and and alternative direction to that of the coalition. He also has the legacy of New Labour to deal with...Not that I thought New Labour were that bad, but they did seriously lose their way under Browns leadership and that's what most people remember.

Cameron could of course commit political suicide if the NHS reforms are not ditched or at least handled in a much better way. The public don't trust the Tories on the NHS and they don't trust Labour on the economy....despite what you may think. These are two of the biggest issues of the day and there is a lot more to played out before we have a stronger idea on who will prevail at the next election

Well your in for quite a shock then...this is not the time to come up with any alternatives...in fact this time in the last government the Tory party have no credible policies at all....what's more they only managed to get a coalition government after 13 years...they says a great deal more about them than it does about the Labour Party...as soon as you call a GE the gloves will come off between you and the Lib/dem's...that will be a very bloody battle...as for the economy...well I do not think the Tory party are running anything of note as yet...people are starting to figure this out....you will lose the next GE...
avatar
Stox 16

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2011-12-18
Age : 58
Location : Suffolk in the UK

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Ivanhoe on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:13 am

Stox 16 wrote:
LWS wrote:
Ivan wrote:"Nick Clegg is clinging to the Coalition, but is his party starting to let go?"

Mr Clegg will hope to be spared a mauling at the Lib Dem spring conference by party activists for whom the NHS has become a touchstone issue. It is by no means the only tension within a government now so riven with apparent dissent that some believe it will implode before 2015.
The sooner this quite horrid government implodes the better.

I could not agree more with this LWS

If these NHS reforms are passed by the Lords, Cameron is laughing all the way to 2015, when unemployment statistically will be even higher.


Last edited by Ivanhoe on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Posts : 937
Join date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Mel on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:39 am

At last we see some union proposed action against this horrible Tory administration, to be held at the time of the Olympic Games.

Mr McCluskey of Unite said ---

"The attacks that are being launched on public sector workers at the moment are so deep and ideological that the idea the world should arrive in London and have these wonderful Olympic Games as though everything is nice and rosy in the garden is unthinkable.

"Our very way of life is being attacked. By then this crazy health and social care bill may have been passed, so we are looking at the privatisation of our National Health Service. I believe the unions, and the general community, have got every right to be out protesting."

Mr McCluskey said that, because of the seriousness of the issues at stake, he was encouraging the public to engage in "all forms of civil disobedience within the law" in the campaign against cuts.

Timing perfect for maximum effect and about time too.

As our learned friend Often Wrong has said, " the unions and Ed are biding their time" He in not often wrong and not wrong this time it seems.
avatar
Mel

Posts : 1703
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Ivanhoe on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:52 am

Mel wrote:At last we see some union proposed action against this horrible Tory administration, to be held at the time of the Olympic Games.

Mr McCluskey of Unite said ---

"The attacks that are being launched on public sector workers at the moment are so deep and ideological that the idea the world should arrive in London and have these wonderful Olympic Games as though everything is nice and rosy in the garden is unthinkable.

"Our very way of life is being attacked. By then this crazy health and social care bill may have been passed, so we are looking at the privatisation of our National Health Service. I believe the unions, and the general community, have got every right to be out protesting."

Mr McCluskey said that, because of the seriousness of the issues at stake, he was encouraging the public to engage in "all forms of civil disobedience within the law" in the campaign against cuts.

Timing perfect for maximum effect and about time too.

As our learned friend Often Wrong has said, " the unions and Ed are biding their time" He in not often wrong and not wrong this time it seems.

""""""""The attacks that are being launched on public sector workers at the moment are so deep and ideological that the idea the world should arrive in London and have these wonderful Olympic Games as though everything is nice and rosy in the garden is unthinkable""""""

Absolutely bang on Mel. I think you should run as an ""Independent""" Parliamentary candidate at the next general election, I am.

avatar
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Posts : 937
Join date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by bobby on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:13 pm

I am



For what constituency.
avatar
bobby

Posts : 1939
Join date : 2011-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Ivanhoe on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:07 pm

bobby wrote:I am



For what constituency.

Have you ever stood before as an Independent for Parliament ?
avatar
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Posts : 937
Join date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Redflag on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Mel wrote:At last we see some union proposed action against this horrible Tory administration, to be held at the time of the Olympic Games.

Mr McCluskey of Unite said ---

"The attacks that are being launched on public sector workers at the moment are so deep and ideological that the idea the world should arrive in London and have these wonderful Olympic Games as though everything is nice and rosy in the garden is unthinkable.

"Our very way of life is being attacked. By then this crazy health and social care bill may have been passed, so we are looking at the privatisation of our National Health Service. I believe the unions, and the general community, have got every right to be out protesting."

Mr McCluskey said that, because of the seriousness of the issues at stake, he was encouraging the public to engage in "all forms of civil disobedience within the law" in the campaign against cuts.

Timing perfect for maximum effect and about time too.

As our learned friend Often Wrong has said, " the unions and Ed are biding their time" He in not often wrong and not wrong this time it seems.

Mel I hope and pray that your post is correct down to the last word, I would love to see some "CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE from the british public and the Olympics would be the ideal time after all who is able to afford a holiday or the tickets to watch the Olympics after all the cuts this Tory Gov't have piled onto the normal working man and they are not done yet as there is more to come.
avatar
Redflag
Deactivated

Posts : 4282
Join date : 2011-12-31

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by blueturando on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:27 pm

I am
For what constituency..

Narnia??

blueturando
Banned

Posts : 1203
Join date : 2011-11-21
Age : 50
Location : Jersey CI

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by blueturando on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:29 pm

The Tories will lose the next GE...you hear it first on here from me.

That's always a possibility Stox....but then in your opinion, who's going to win it and why?

blueturando
Banned

Posts : 1203
Join date : 2011-11-21
Age : 50
Location : Jersey CI

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Ivanhoe on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:32 pm

blueturando wrote:
I am
For what constituency..

Narnia??

I guess that's the best response that any Tory could manage. Sorry bluey, but this country is coming to a standstill because you and people like you are the very real problem with this country, because somebody has to put these buggers into power.
avatar
Ivanhoe
Deactivated

Posts : 937
Join date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum