Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

How long do you think the coalition will last?

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Ivanhoe on Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:28 am

First topic message reminder :

I want people's opinion of how long they think this coalition will last. ?
Ivanhoe

Back to top Go down

Re: How long do you think the coalition will last?

Post by Ivan on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:09 pm

surely a forum is somewhere that you put forward YOUR point of view
tlttf. I agree, otherwise there would be no point in having this or any other forum. What I’m saying is that rather than reinforcing ‘Daily Mail’ prejudices, we should offer some facts to support our various points of view, so that our discussions are at least enlightened.

For example, there is a myth that hordes of families have members who haven't worked for several generations. The facts tell a different story. In households with two or more generations of working age, there are only 0.3% where neither generation has ever worked.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now we’d better get back on topic or Tosh will start moderating again….. :affraid:

Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

http://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:02 am

tlttf wrote:Once again Ivan you miss the point, surely a forum is somewhere that you put forward YOUR point of view rather than mirror somebody else's. Off the top of my head I believe it's called free speech and thought, but hey I could be wrong?

Yes a forum is the place for putting forward your point, as long as you have a link to back up your points and its not dogma from the "The Daily Fail".
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:45 am

Some things don't change, even though the government is not the same one that began some of these discussions more than two years ago. Tory supporters still only want to talk about the Opposition, not the party they support.

Why is that?
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:55 am

oftenwrong wrote:Some things don't change, even though the government is not the same one that began some of these discussions more than two years ago. Tory supporters still only want to talk about the Opposition, not the party they support.

Why is that?

Because the scandals and the Incompetence would be the only thing they could talk about, you and I both know they have no successes to shout about otherwise we would have heard them in Austrailia.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:44 pm

Cyberspace seems to be clogged by Christmas advertising. Perhaps the illustration can be seen here ....

oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:12 am

Tosh wrote:
That will be the cry of Starbucks coffer Amazon and the Tory donors that have there fortunes in off shore accounts SC..

The British public should boycott those companies who pay no tax, that's what social networks are for.

These tax dodgers have been going for years when there was no social networks, and the newspapers owners did not want to tell us then because more than likely they had there money in off shore accounts, that is part of the reason they do not want statue law to govern them.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:10 am

When you think about it. The Tax Thieves who donate to the Conservative Party are actually paying with the Tax money that should go to the treasury, and for the benefit of the Country. Instead it is paid direct to the Conservative party, so indirectly the Tories are also stealing the tax payers cash, and this is on top of what many of them are already stealing with their money safely tucked away in Tax Havens. No wonder this crap arsed Government are in no hurry to deal with Tax Evasion or avoidance.
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:44 am

bobby wrote:When you think about it. The Tax Thieves who donate to the Conservative Party are actually paying with the Tax money that should go to the treasury, and for the benefit of the Country. Instead it is paid direct to the Conservative party, so indirectly the Tories are also stealing the tax payers cash, and this is on top of what many of them are already stealing with their money safely tucked away in Tax Havens. No wonder this crap arsed Government are in no hurry to deal with Tax Evasion or avoidance.

Hi bobby also the City and hedge fund mangers the ones that caused the the crash in 2008, they are also fill the coffers of the Tory party funds with there ill gotten gains.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Lets not forget the tax thieves were allowed to grow and prosper under the Labour Party Red, 13 years of milking the system. Do you really believe they's be different now?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:12 pm

tlttf wrote:Lets not forget the tax thieves were allowed to grow and prosper under the Labour Party Red, 13 years of milking the system. Do you really believe they's be different now?

NOT FORGETTING THE THATCHER GOV'T OF 18 YEARS, YOU KNOW THE GOV'T THAT BROUGHT IN THAT ME ME ME SYNDROME.
cheers
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:23 pm

It's jolly unfair to blame the Tories for sucking-up to their City chums, because they're the chaps with all the wonga.

Not much to be gained from making pals with some oik on the dole, eh?

Be reasonable.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:42 pm

Lets not forget the tax thieves were allowed to grow and prosper under the Labour Party Red, 13 years of milking the system.
Yawn...the same old tired and fatuous argument we always get from the right. However despicable the Tories become, however corrupt, whatever new depths they plummet, let's try to neutralise the sleaze by pretending that everyone else is just as bad. I'm afraid that won't wash and is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to defend the indefensible.

The UK currently has what is probably the most corrupt government in our history. Rupert Murdoch is the real Prime Minister of this country, and his lackey and spokesperson Cameron has wasted £5.6 milion on an enquiry whose results he had no intention of ever implementing.
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:59 pm

Lets not forget the tax thieves were allowed to grow and prosper under the Labour Party Red, 13 years of milking the system. Do you really believe they's be different now?

Hiya Landy. Yes you are correct, they did prosper in Labours 13 years, but the Freedom of information Act came about allmost at the end of that 13 years, so not much about all of this corporate stealing was known, Not only that, it was in the tenure of Herr Cameron and his little puppet Osborne, that the phrase "we are all in it Together" was repeated allmost hourly, when clearly we are not.
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by starlight07 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Ivanhoe wrote:I want people's opinion of how long they think this coalition will last. ?

I did think the Coalition government wouldn't last ten days but they've made it last for long. I don't know how.
starlight07

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:04 am

starlight07 wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:I want people's opinion of how long they think this coalition will last. ?

I did think the Coalition government wouldn't last ten days but they've made it last for long. I don't know how.

I think the reason for the coalition lasting is the L/Ds desperation to to hang on to power nothing more nothing less, and now they know they are finished come 2015 the by-elections will have spelt it out loud and clear, and they do not seem to care, they will be lucky if the BNP get more votes than them. cheers
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by LWS on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Redflag wrote:
starlight07 wrote:

I think the reason for the coalition lasting is the L/Ds desperation to to hang on to power nothing more nothing less, and now they know they are finished come 2015 the by-elections will have spelt it out loud and clear, and they do not seem to care, they will be lucky if the BNP get more votes than them. cheers

Totally agree Red, totally. This horrid coalition only survives because the turncoat Lib Dems have put their feeble excuse for power above the needs of the Country and indeed their own membership. We all know that the 'yellow' Tories will be completely annilhilated come the next General Election.
LWS

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:15 pm

LWS wrote:
Redflag wrote:
starlight07 wrote:

Totally agree Red, totally. This horrid coalition only survives because the turncoat Lib Dems have put their feeble excuse for power above the needs of the Country and indeed their own membership. We all know that the 'yellow' Tories will be completely annilhilated come the next General Election.

The problem is they know that come 2015 the only thing in the pipeline for the L/Ds is ANNIHILATION, and yet they still not pull back your right about them been yellow Tories and some of them will become fully fledged blue tories come 2015 danny alexander is one and even maybe clegg.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:46 pm

The British Economy's Problems

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.](msn)

It's really serious -and they really care about you... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:56 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:The British Economy's Problems

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.](msn)

It's really serious -and they really care about you... Shocked

As far as they are concerned its "Self first Self again and if there is anything left Myself again" do you think I have this one right PH. lol!
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Far too charitable, in my humble estimation, Red.

Meanwhile, Eric Pickles's lunch is delivered...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.](bestbloggingtipsonline.com)
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:28 pm

(Available only at participating outlets. Terms and Conditions apply).
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:Far too charitable, in my humble estimation, Red.

Meanwhile, Eric Pickles's lunch is delivered...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.](bestbloggingtipsonline.com)

I always thought that Pickles was the one that ate all the PIES lol! lol!
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Why the Lib Dems' funding crisis could end the coalition early

Extracts from an article by George Eaton:-

"Whether or not Joan Edwards's £520,000 bequest was intended for the parties currently in power, there's no doubt that the Lib Dems could have done with their £99,423 share. The party ran a deficit of £410,951 last year (the only one of the three main parties to do so) largely due to a 13% fall in its membership to 42,501, a decline of 35% since 2010 (when it stood at 65,038) and the lowest annual figure in the party's 23-year history.

Lib Dem finances have also been hit by the loss of ‘short money’, the state funding made available to assist opposition parties with their costs. The party received £1.7m from this source in 2009-10 and its removal forced it to make more than 20 staff redundant. Over the five-year parliament, the loss amounts to nearly £9m. One scenario is that the Lib Dems will ultimately be forced to return to opposition in advance of the 2015 election in order to reclaim the short money they'll need to mount anything like an adequate campaign.

Before the defeat of the boundary changes in January, there was talk of the Tories doing a ‘cash-for-seats’ deal with the Lib Dems under which the party would receive millions in state funding in return for supporting the review. It didn't come to pass (would anything have looked more grubby?), but it shows that the issue hasn't escaped the attention of Tory ministers. Rather than an epic tussle over policy, the coalition could yet fall based on the inescapable fact that the Lib Dems are running out money."

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:50 am

Not forgetting Ivan the Lib-Dems are also running out of members and voters, at the moment the polls have them in 4th Place below UKIP so the way things are looking they will not have the numbers to go into coalition with any other party, and I am glad I do not want the Labour party to go into coalition with them after 2015 because they are POISON by association.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:39 am

trevorw2539 wrote:
bobby wrote:More is the shame trevor.
I've often thought that we should put a truth drug solution in the water of the Houses of Parliament. This might produce some surprising speeches and statements Shocked

That is the best idea I have heard trevor2539, I would sit back and wait for the bomb to explode within the HOC as the truth serum started to work.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:10 pm

How long will it last? Another five years would suit some Lib Dems!  afraid 

Lib Dems ready for new coalition with the Tories – even if Labour wins more seats

Senior Liberal Democrats are plotting a second coalition with the Conservatives even if Labour wins more Commons seats in next year’s general election…Another senior MP said there was a strong possibility that the Tories could gain more votes than Labour, but fewer seats, while UKIP could gain more votes than the Lib Dems, but no seats.While a Lib-Lab coalition would be possible in those circumstances, it would lack ‘democratic legitimacy’ in the eyes of many people, the MP said.

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:52 pm

IVAN Would Labour really go into coalition with the Fib-Dems, the reason I am asking is Ed Miliband has told Clegg to F**K OFF as he wants a majority Labour gov't I agree with Ed the Fib-Dems are POISONIOUS to the electorate. Clegg is taking it for granted that the people of Hallam Sheffield will vote for him and return him to the HOC, he has a very short memory but from what I have read on Twitter the people of Hallam will dump him in May 2015 which he truly deserves.

At the moment I am watching an interveiw with Clegg with sky 24 news and he is still singing the Tory Ideology song it was all Labour parties fault, what he has not said that the banking sector is still able to do to the UK what they did in 2008. Or that Osborne went to Brussells so the banks do not have to pay the "Robin Hood Tax" and we all know the reason why that is where Tory donations come from, at least the Labour party funds comes from the people who work for there money honestly.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Unsurprisingly, a large chunk of support for the Lib-Dems fell away when they entered into Coalition with the invading Tory horde.
That signifies a large chunk of "floating voters" sloshing around next May, who could advance UKIP, or the Labour Party or return to the Liberal fold.

Place your bets.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:51 am

Ivan your picture says it all every vote does count, Osborne was in Newcastle yesterday he made it so obvious why he was there hoping he could persaude the N.E. of England to vote Tory NO CHANCE after the way they have suffered the Tory cuts he really must think that people have short memories and he will find out on May 7th 2015 just how long memories are.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:51 pm

According to Tory MP Philip Davies, this so-called coalition government has "officially come to an end" after the Lib Dems and Labour defeated the Tories in a parliamentary vote to modify the bedroom tax.

Davies also said that the Lib Dems are "devious and untrustworthy". Has it taken him more than four years to work that out? And doesn't it make them natural bedfellows for the Tories?  What a Face

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:24 pm

Readers who follow that link to "The Guardian" might be interested to seize the opportunity of reading some of the 78 responses also provided therein;  e.g. this one:

jonniestewpot 61663

05 September 2014 8:48pm

Formally renounce and recant your support for the Lib Dem shower who most surprisingly with the GE due in 8 months time have done another U turn in a vain attempt to belatedly save their skins.

Well that's not about to happen but the G is now in the same position as many working people when the next GE kicks off, who to vote for. Not the Tories they've proven they were even worse than under Thatcher. Not the Libdems too many broken promises. Don't want to support Labour but what's the alternative that or those bastards back in power again.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:03 pm

bobby wrote:Lets not forget the tax thieves were allowed to grow and prosper under the Labour Party Red, 13 years of milking the system. Do you really believe they's be different now?

Hiya Landy. Yes you are correct, they did prosper in Labours 13 years, but the Freedom of information Act came about allmost at the end of that 13 years, so not much about all of this corporate stealing was known, Not only that, it was in the tenure of Herr Cameron and his little puppet Osborne, that the phrase "we are all in it Together" was repeated allmost hourly, when clearly we are not.

I agree Bobby the tax avoiders & evaders where allowed to get away with it during Tony Blairs time in office, but at that time the B(W)ankers had not decided to use our savings and mortgages money on FIDDLES so it was not brought to the fore, and yes it should of being but the person that started this was the Thatcher Tory gov't in 1986 by de-regualting the banks and yes Tony should have regulated them when he came into power in 1997.

I also agree the Unions should of got the powers back that Thatcher took away from them but he did not, so IMHO we should just get on with it trying to make sure we get a Labour gov't not unless that some are willing to allow the Tories back into power via the back door.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:37 pm

To judge from the vituperation evidenced at the current Lib-Dem Conference in Glasgow this week, the Coalition is already History.

For their own reasons, a decision has been reached to stand for election independently, in defiance of the reality of Coalition offences during the past four years.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:37 am

To be honest OW I never thought it would last this long, but I never took into account the Fib-Dems desperation for power to be honest its as strong as the Tory lust for power.

I just hope the voters of the UK give the Fib-Dems a kick below the belt in May 2015, then stand back and watch them all fight over who will be leader of the Fib-Dems in the future.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:53 pm

You have been warned!   afraid

Behind the bluster, the Tories and the Lib Dems are preparing for another coalition

Extracts from an article by George Eaton:-

The greatest irony of the coalition’s recent internecine warfare is that its members are quietly preparing the ground for a post-election renewal of vows. Both parties are consciously avoiding policy commitments that could prove impossible to maintain in a future negotiation. While railing against the Lib Dems’ proposed ‘mansion tax’, Osborne has not ruled out introducing a version in the future (having privately supported the option of higher council tax bands).

From the other side, Danny Alexander has said of a future VAT rise, “I certainly would not advocate any further increases” – a signal that he fears he may be forced to do so by the Tories. The only official red line drawn by any figure is Cameron’s vow not to lead a government that cannot deliver an in/out EU referendum. While publicly opposed to this policy, Lib Dems privately signal that they would be prepared to accept it in return for concessions such as House of Lords reform and the introduction of proportional representation for local elections.

They also acknowledge that the party’s leadership would rather continue to do business with the Tories than enter government with a Labour Party regarded as irredeemably tribal and impervious to compromise. One MP tells me that the Lib Dems would be prepared to take the path rejected by the Liberal leader Jeremy Thorpe in 1974 and prop up a Conservative government with more votes than Miliband’s party but fewer seats.

For the whole article:-
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:32 pm

Ivan I agree with what George Eaton has said about the Tories and the L/Ds, after Ed Miliband sent Clegg away with a flea in his ear when he tried to get Ed to agree a coalition with the Labour party & L/Ds after 2015. He then scuttled off back to Cameron and I think the trouble and strife between the Tories & L/Ds is "ALL A PUT UP JOB "
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:19 pm

I think the Bum-Hole Clegg showed us on Wednesdays PMQ's exactly what side he is on, he spent the entire half hour criticizing Labour, with not 1 word of condemnation of the Tory Bastards
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum