Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Religious fascism or just common sense?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by AwfulTruth on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:14 am

First topic message reminder :

BBC Article

You may have heard of the controversy surrounding the advert that was to appear on the side of some buses, which read:

'NOT GAY! Post Gay; Ex-Gay AND Proud. GET OVER IT!'

The banning of this ad has been based on the idea that such an advert would cause widespread offence, not just to gays, but also amongst those who find this kind of ideology offensive and unacceptable.

I listened this morning to the BBC's 'This World', where two of the protagonists behind the ad, were interviewed, along with a gay vicar who was diametrically opposed to the mindset of these people. They respondents were Mike Davidson (anti-gay) from Core Issues LINK, Colin Coward (gay man), Director of Changing Attitudes LINK and Rev Lynda Rose (anti gay) from Anglican Mainstream LINK.

During the interview the vicar rightly pointed out that these people have a history of verbal abuse towards gay people, and he also took offence to their habit of attempting to talk over him, while he was supposed to be speaking.

What annoyed me the most was that the interviewer/journalist failed to question them as to whether they might actually be religious fascists. This seems to be a very common sense question: are they simply persecuting gay people because they hold fascistic, hateful, ideas about being gay and gay people? Also, it is very interesting to note that Mike Davidson has been struck-off the membership of the professional body The British Psychodrama Association. Apparently they decided he was seriously breaking their code of conduct and did not wish to be associated with views they deem as being extremist and not based on sound evidence LINK to Ex-Gay Watch.

Moreover, they believe that people who are gay become gay because they have made a moral decision to be gay, either through circumstance or through being made to be gay and so need to go straight again.

They firmly believe that the state of being gay can be cured, as it is a perversion that is an abomination to God, and that gay people can become heterosexual via therapy and repentance. Indeed, Colin Coward refuted this ideology but once again that hoary old trope, in the form of that biblical quote that all bigots hurl at you when losing the plot, was brought out of the hat. They conveniently, apparently, did not wish to bring out any of the others tropes, including the one that says its OK to stone adulterers to death and OK to have more than one wife...yawn!

I do wish I had been at that interview as I would have confronted them with what I believe is wrong with them, and not what they believe was wrong with me.

It was simply staggering how very nasty and unpleasant these people actually were and it sent shivers down my spine that people could be so offensive, so abusive and so very deluded.

Being gay is NOT an illness; it is a natural manifestation of nature mirrored throughout the animal world in which there is irrefutable proof that gay animals (animals that pair with their own gender and do not breed) perform a dynamic function within animal social groups. For example, flamingo social groups have up to 30% of same sex pairs, all of whom serve as surrogate parents for unwanted eggs. Observers have recorded female egg layers pushing eggs towards male couples (who also make nests in readiness), so that the 'gay' birds can adopt, hatch and nurture the chick inside the egg and thereby preventing the egg from dying.

WIKI
The Telegraph
Gay Animals Out of the Closet?
Psychology Today

As for being cured, well, as a lifelong gay man I can assert here, most definitely, that at NO point in my life did I ever 'choose' to be gay, or for that matter, I have never made a moral choice to become gay. It is not an optional extra or a decision open to me because I simply am what I am.

Scientific opinion clearly does not see homosexuality as a perversion, but now asserts that this state of being is actually a normal state as a variation of human nature. Sexual proclivity is essentially then, genetic. Hard-wired as being gay, or bisexual or heterosexual, is much more what the truth here is all about.

Difference is NOT a foreign country; it is merely a manifestation of the broad variety of nature's beings, including the human variety.

The real evil here, for me, is not the gay element, but actually the religious fascism element.

Religious fascism is an evil that dares not speak its name - so who really needs to get over it?




Last edited by Ivan on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Posts : 318
Join date : 2011-11-16
Location : Cambridgeshire

http://www.rhodesgreece.webs.com

Back to top Go down


Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by trevorw2539 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:33 pm

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?
by polyglide Today at 11:23 am


Re: Evidence for the existence of God
by polyglide Today at 10:55 am

Could you explain your differing views on the above.
On one you discredit evolution. On the other you believe in it. Or am I reading it wrongly?




trevorw2539

Posts : 1349
Join date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:20 pm

I believe that many thing evolve from the species both plant and animal and all other matter that God created.

A butterfly will go through a process of life that involes evolution, what Iam concerned with is who created the butterfly in the first place.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by trevorw2539 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:44 pm

polyglide wrote:I believe that many thing evolve from the species both plant and animal and all other matter that God created.

A butterfly will go through a process of life that involes evolution, what Iam concerned with is who created the butterfly in the first place.

Thanks for your response.
avatar
trevorw2539

Posts : 1349
Join date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:36 pm

polyglide wrote:It is clearly apparent that you have a problem with being homosexual, the best thing to do is accept what you are and get on with your life.

Making silly insinuations regarding other peoples opinions does your cause no good whatsoever, A homosexual is a homosexual just as a normal person is normal. Some have no problem with that and others do, thats life.

Homosexuals are normal, all the current research validates this. The problem here as pointed out to you is that you lack some basic comprehension, and thus you keep trotting out this fallacious claim in the mistaken belief that something that is not the norm must therefore be abnormal. Left handed people, and ginger haired babies one assumes are also on your hit list.

Why shouldn't gay rights involve gay people celebrating who they are? I'd have thought being a small minority that has been so badly persecuted and discriminated against throughout human history, and still are throughout the world, then this kind of self affirmation is vital, good luck to them. As for the religious bigots who want to persecute them, well it's one those few times I wish hell were not a complete fiction, as it'd be a fitting place for them.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:44 pm

polyglide wrote:I believe that many thing evolve from the species both plant and animal and all other matter that God created.

A butterfly will go through a process of life that involes evolution, what Iam concerned with is who created the butterfly in the first place.

There's no evidence anything was created. Butterflies evolved from much simpler life forms over time, each change was to suit it's environment, just like everything else.

Link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_butterflies

In a book I read about a species of butterfly that evolved a light camouflage over millions of years to match their surroundings, but during the industrial revolution in the UK their habitat underwent a drastic change, and soot from coal power machines and mills that adhered to everything made them much more visible and therefore easier prey, they were almost wiped out as they couldn't evolve and adapt quickly enough to the change.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:19 pm

Ivan,
I have just gone to the messages and although it says I have none I find several.

I have read them and several I will reply to and others I feel are not representative of the facts, what is good for the goose etc;

If you consider the remarks of Dr. Sheldon, snowyflake herself and Shirina, then I feel we are all equaly guilty of not being the best communicators.

However, to ban certain words that are relevant to a mtter is denying Human Rights and also makes the matter one sided.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:33 pm

polyglide wrote:A normal person is one who behaves in the manner generally accepted as normal.I trust to are intelligent  enough to realise the implications, if not do not ask the quesions.

"Psychology was one of the first disciplines to study homosexuality as a discrete phenomenon. Prior to and throughout most of the 20th century, common standard psychology viewed homosexuality in terms of pathological models as a mental illness. That classification began to be subjected to critical scrutiny in the research, which consistently failed to produce any empirical or scientific basis regarding homosexuality as a disorder or abnormality."

"Since the 1970s, the consensus of the behavioral and social sciences and the health and mental health professions globally is that homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexual orientation."

"In 1973, the American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder. The American Psychological Association Council of Representatives followed in 1975. Thereafter other major mental health organizations followed and it was finally declassified by the World Health Organization in 1990. Consequently, while some still believe homosexuality is a mental disorder, the current research and clinical literature demonstrate that same-sex sexual and romantic attractions, feelings, and behaviours are normal and positive variations of human sexuality, reflecting the official positions of the American Psychiatric Association and the American Psychological Association."

I suggest you get over it, as your prejudices are based on an erroneous belief.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:23 pm

Shirina wrote:
You can always tell when someone is unable to respond in an intelligent manner they resort to insults and childish comments, I think I may be wrong regarding them getting their ideas from the Dandy and the Beano, I think both beyond their understanding and they should just lower their reading material.
I'm actually embarrassed *for* you. I've been twirling you around this dance floor through post after post and you have no idea. You don't even have an inkling.

by Shirina on Wed May 16, 2012 12:42 pm
The fact that you've been reduced to ridiculous ad hominem attacks shows you've completely run out of steam.

It appear Shirina tried to enlighten you over a year before I joined this forum.

avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:50 am

Dr, Sheldon,
What Shirina did was clearly indicate that she and others were and are in denial of the facts.

The only time homosexuality or any other deviation is normal is to those who indulge in them, it is not NORMAL in the terms normaly accepted throughout the world by millions of people.

If you go down the road that one thing is normal because they indulge in it then the same must apply to everything.

The normal use for the sexual organs is explicit and any deviation is abnormal in the general sense of the term.

avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:33 pm

Homosexuality is considered a natural normal variation of adult human sexual desires by every major health and psychological organisation in the world. Including the World Health Organisation. Describing your homophobic bigotry as 'fact' won't change that. 

"If you go down the road that one thing is normal because they indulge in it then the same must apply to everything"


So you don't apply the word normal to anything then? Or are claiming everything is normal.  Your grasp of logic and English are clearly on a par with your grasp of this subject. 


Just because something isn't the norm doesn't remotely justify describing it as abnormal. This would make lefthanded people abnormal,  or very short people, or very tall people.  


Your argument is ridiculous,as Shirina's posts showed.  
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by bobby on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Concave + concave = no fit, convex + convex = no fit. Concave + convex or vicey vercy = perfect fit + procreation of species.
avatar
bobby

Posts : 1939
Join date : 2011-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:59 pm

Dr, Sheldon,
So they are, anything or anyone who is far less than others in any respect is abnormal, the problem you have is you are putting your sort of stigma to things that realy have none and normal or abnormal are just words that most people accept as such, any stigma is dependant rightly or wrongly on what is involved.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi AwfulTruth,
Trust you are keeping well.

Firstly despite what our Dr, Sheldon thinkls, I have two very good homosexual friends without whom my life would be less enjoyable.

I bet you have friends who indulge in things that you would not enjoy but would never think of interfering in their life in that respect.

As far as I am concerned I believe in calling a spade a spade choose what is involved and feel there is neither stigma nor ill intentions in any respect when doing so.

I think it none sense for anyone to use advertising to disgrace anothers feelings choose who is involved.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Just because something isn't the norm doesn't remotely justify describing it as abnormal, as a pejorative. This would make lefthanded people abnormal,  or very short people, or very tall people.  

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon,
                So they are, anything or anyone who is far less than others in any respect is abnormal,

What a truly obnoxious bigoted thing to say.

Polyglide wrote:the problem you have is you are putting your sort of stigma to things that realy have none

A bare faced lie, I have attached no stigma to anyone, how can you be so offensively bigoted and then lie and try to shift that bigotry onto  others, you sir are entirely devoid of any shred of integrity. I have never referred to people in the pejorative terms that you take delight in using, like abnormal, deviants, perverts, or unnatural, it was you and you alone that made those appalling bigoted homophobic judgements, and lying by trying to imply that the prejudice is mine, and not yours is dishonest and pathetic. Just take a look at how you refer to people who just happen to be gay, comparing them to rapists and child abusers, that's sick.

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:20 pm
if a homosexual is born as such then so are rapists, child abusers and any other deviant. If you make an excuse for one why not the others?
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:07 pm

polyglide wrote:Hi AwfulTruth,
                   Trust you are keeping well.

He left, after repeatedly and politely asking you to desist from your constant bigoted homophobic abuse.
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by AwfulTruth on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:51 pm
Shirina well done!
by Polyglide "I have no place for hatred of any kind I just have the deapest sympathy for the pathetic."
Where did you learn your humanity - at the foot of Adolph? And where was logic or rationale in your bigoted, facile argument? Look at the facts - Some salient, pertinent and valid de facto facts taht may blow some air through your cobwebbed brain:

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by AwfulTruth on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:39 pm
For the sake of common sense where is the logic in your diatribe? I actually think you have one hell of a cheek to even pretend to be knowledgeable enough to comment on any gay issue or gay person you do not know or do not wish to know. Polyglide, believe all the dogma, misinformation and stereotypical nonsense if you wish, but please be aware that there is absolutely no academic or objective judgement present in your thinking. It smacks more of bigoted mantra that like ground-hog day is just repeated and repeated, over and over again. Clearly your intellectual grasp of 'difference'; the animal kingdom where single sex couples exist in huge numbers; the historical abuse and persecution of gay people and your facile depth of understanding is nothing to boast about, so probably best you keep quiet for fear of being labelled yourself? Frankly, your grasp of the serious issues is about as constructive as a chocolate teapot. Very disturbing. The following video will always remind me of your attitude...

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:14 pm
If Awful Truth had anything of sense to say he would not have to protest in such an aggresive manner to the ideas and opinions of others.

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by AwfulTruth on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Polyglide...Let us set the record straight: You have accused me of being a 'deviant' and a 'pervert' and you think I do not read your posts? How can you possibly accuse ME of being aggressive? I am perfectly willing to argue with people who have other views but please do not expect me not to be offended by your usage of offensive adjective words, which you use with all the sincerely of someone who takes their own views very seriously indeed.

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by AwfulTruth on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Polyglide

I am not sure what outdated, antediluvian dictionary you have been sticking your proboscis into lately, but no modern dictionary, due to the laws surrounding 'abuse' as in a 'hate crime', carries such a definition.

To call a gay man a 'pervert', repeatedly, for example, is not only highly offensive, but also dangerously close to active verbal abuse.

That you believe gay people (notice the word 'people'!) to be perverts, and that you keep repeating this so gratuitously and with such gusto, shows that you intend the accusation to be offensive, even after very clear guidance on repeating such inflammatory, crass and insulting language.

I trust that dispenses with your false lying hypocritical salutation to a man who left because of your constant homophobic bullying, I pity any gay people who  think you are their friend as they clearly are unaware of how you really feel about them.

Polyglide wrote:Firstly despite what our Dr, Sheldon thinkls, I have two very good homosexual friends without whom my life would be less enjoyable.
Well as long as you're happy, it's a shame that you're being an astonishing hypocrite though, by pretending to be their friends and enjoying their friendship, whilst hiding from them how you really feel about them, and insulting them and all gay people in the most crass insulting prejudiced, bigoted, and homophobic fashion, behind their backs.

Polyglide wrote:I bet you have friends who indulge in things that you would not enjoy but would never think of interfering in their life in that respect.
That's an astonishing misrepresentation, no one has accused you of interfering in their lives, but that hypocritically pretend to be their friends whilst you hide from them the worst kind of bigoted homophobic prejudice.

Polyglide wrote:As far as I am concerned I believe in calling a spade a spade choose what is involved and feel there is neither stigma nor ill intentions in any respect when doing so.
Then you'll have no objection to everyone calling your posts vile bigoted prejudiced homophobia, and you're sham friendship with these poor gay people the worst kind of rank hypocrisy, as they're just "calling a spade a spade" after all.

Polyglide wrote:I think it none sense for anyone to use advertising to disgrace another feelings choose who is involved.
Though rather bizarrely you think it's ok to do this in secret behind their backs, whilst hypocritically pretending to be their friends. What a truly ludicrous position to take.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:51 am

AwfulTruth,
I am afraid our Dr, Sheldon is attempting to stir matters up again.

You will recall that the time he is attempting to bring back was when we had snowyflake, sabrena etc; all having ago at me in the most abnocious manner and I retaliated accordingly.

Maybe I should not have done.

You were most upset regarding the word pervert and I can understand why, however, if you look at it in the proper manner no one would with any sense or consideration call you a pervert as an address.

The dictionaries definition of a perversion is : to distort or corrupt the original course, meaning or state of (something)
This can be applied to numerous things and anyone anything doing so is by definition a pervert just as anyone dealing in meat is a butcher etc;

You can see that Dr, Sheldon has no sense of shame when he thinks I should addess my very good friends Mike and David as perverts.

regards.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:34 pm

polyglide wrote:AwfulTruth,
               I am afraid our Dr, Sheldon is attempting to stir matters up again.

Awfultruth is still gone, as I said he left in disgust at your constant barrage of insulting bigoted homophobic slurs. His posts are quoted in my previous post, so your lie is beyond idiotic, seriously who do you think will be fooled?
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by AwfulTruth on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:53 pm
Polyglide...Let us set the record straight: You have accused me of being a 'deviant' and a 'pervert' .....I am perfectly willing to argue with people who have other views but please do not expect me not to be offended by your usage of offensive adjective words.....

by AwfulTruth on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:25 pm
Sorry but fed-up with being called a pervert!
Bye all!


Polyglide wrote:You will recall that the time he is attempting to bring back was when we had snowyflake, sabrena etc; all having ago at me in the most abnocious manner and I retaliated accordingly.
There are 4 pages in this, the "Religious fascism or just common sense?" thread, from which I quoted a discourse in 2012. Now Snowyflake only posted in this thread even once, and it was unrelated to this discourse as it was a comment on your denial of evolution, so you're a liar. There is no poster called 'sabrena' (sic), so you're a liar again. That aside I quoted enough posts for everyone to see that it was you, and you alone, who was being an obnoxious bigoted homophobe, but I am more than happy for anyone who wants to judge for themselves to check out the previous 4 pages and your contributions. They can see from page 1 that your shameful lie now is as appalling as your shameful posts then.
Polyglide wrote:You were most upset regarding the word pervert and I can understand why, however, if you look at it in the proper manner no one would with any sense or consideration call you a pervert as an address.
One more time as you seem to not grasp the relevance of dates, I had not joined the forum during the exchange I quoted which as we can see from Awfultruth's post was in 2012, and as we can see from my username on the LH of the screen I didn't join until October 2013. You sir, are the mother and father of all liars, and what's more you're one of the most brazen, clumsiest liars I've ever seen, as your lies are nearly always utterly transparent.

Polyglide wrote:The dictionaries definition of a perversion is.....
Yet another irrelevant straw man as no one ever disputed its meaning. You're misrepresenting what happened again. Here is your actual claim:
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 pm
According to every dictionary I know, homosexuality is a perversion,
Here is the Oxford English dictionary definition:
Homosexual
adjective
Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.
LINK
Every time you repeat this lie, or misrepresent what you said, I'll expose and challenge this lie.
                 
Polyglide wrote:You can see that Dr, Sheldon has no sense of shame when he thinks I should addess my very good friends Mike and David as perverts.
Another imbecilic lie, as you've already addressed them as perverts many times on here, not to their faces of course, but in the most cowardly fashion behind their backs on here, because you know they'd want nothing more to do with you if they learned the truth of your cowardly hypocritical homophobic bigotry. My only wish is that you stop lying by pretending to be their friends as I think this is a shameful betrayal, and no one deserves to be treated in such a way, when you are lying to them and insulting them behind their backs. Rest assured though, I'll always challenge your bigotry, as I would from anyone, to do anything else would as cowardly and immoral as your behaviour.

Regards....
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:58 pm

Dr, Sheldon,
The posts you refer to were in reply to bigotry and insults by several people unable to accept the truth and you are one of the most abnotious.

I know you have little or no understanding and an ego far in excess of your brain but please get someone to exdplain the following.

On numerous occasions you have called me a liar regarding my omosexual friends.

Both Dave and MIke are far more intelligent and talented than you and give great enjoyment to many.

Being intelligent and understanding the dictionary definition of words and along with peole perception of same thay are well aware of what homosexuality is and how it is perceived (sadly lacking in your case) so why on earth should I have to point anything out to them when they know full well that I also know the definition and details etc; .

Get a life and learn how to read definitions and how things are perceived by others your ignorance is only bettered by your stupidity.

avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:24 pm

polyglide wrote:
Dr, Sheldon,
               The posts you refer to were in reply to bigotry and insults by several people unable to accept the truth and you are one of the most abnotious.

Liar, and again since this thread has just 4 pages anyone can go back through the thread and see you've lied. As for your lie about me, one last time since you seem to not understand how stupid and obvious a lie it is, the exchange I quoted from this thread occurred in 2012, the dates are in the posts I quoted, and again anyone can go back in the thread to see it all, and my join date is right under my username as "Join date: 2013-10-11". So as I said, a lie that is as clumsy as it is brazen, comedy gold for you to repeat it though.

Polyglide wrote:
I know you have little or no understanding and an ego far in excess of your brain but please get someone to exdplain the following. On numerous occasions you have called me a liar regarding my omosexual friends. Both Dave and MIke are far more intelligent and talented than you and give great enjoyment to many.
Well let's leave my brain alone for a moment, as the comedy gold of having my intellect insulted by someone who has twice use "abnotious"(sic) and now omosexual (sic), and despite months of telling still thinks really has only one l in it, is wasted only on you it seems.

However since you persist in parading your fake gay friends I am forced again to state the obvious and expose your lie, as you've repeatedly referred to them on here as unnatural, abnormal, perverted, deviants, not to their faces of course, but in the most cowardly fashion behind their backs, because you know they'd want nothing more to do with you if they learned the truth of your cowardly hypocritical homophobic bigotry. My only wish is that you stop lying by pretending to be their friends as I think this is a shameful betrayal, and no one deserves to be treated in such a shameful way, when you are lying to them and insulting them behind their backs. Rest assured though, I'll always challenge your bigotry, as I would from anyone, to do anything else would as cowardly and immoral as your behaviour.

Polyglide wrote:
Being intelligent and understanding the dictionary definition of words
That rules you out then, as we have all seen repeatedly:
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 pm
According to every dictionary I know, homosexuality is a perversion,
Here is the Oxford English dictionary definition:
Homosexual
adjective
Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.
LINK
Every time you repeat this lie, or misrepresent what you said, I'll expose and challenge this lie.

Polyglide wrote:
so why on earth should I have to point anything out to them
When you can cowardly  use a keyboard to endlessly point it out behind their backs, whilst lying to their faces you mean? If you can see nothing wrong in such shameful hypocrisy, on top of your repulsive bigotry and homophobia, then rest assured decent people can, and have said so.  

Polyglide wrote:
Get a life and learn how to read definitions and how things are perceived by others your ignorance is only bettered by your stupidity.
I have read the definition, I've quoted it, as have several others whom you now accuse of using "bigotry and insults by several people unable to accept the truth". I've even linked the web-page of the OED repeatedly, and again in this post. As for my intelligence well I'm more than happy to accept the fact that I am a person of average intelligence and mediocre education, and again I'll let your ad hominem about my intelligence show itself for the comedy gold it is. It's very edifying though to see the façade of pious self righteous all loving Christianity rub off so completely.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:56 pm

Dr, Sheldon.
If your ignorance and egoistic ideas are not apparent to others then we are realy in trouble.

Every comment I have made regarding homosexuality is correct and I have given the references I have used.

I know what it is and the majority of the world accept what it is, the manner in which it is viewed is a matter of opinion.

I do not think it is right as I do not think many other things are not right but I do not judge others who fall into any bracket, it is the brackets that I disagree with and not individuals that may be involved.

For heavens sake get someone to explain the difference.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:17 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon.
                If your ignorance and egoistic ideas are not apparent to others then we are realy in trouble.

We're really in trouble if after months of explanations someone simply can't put two l's in really. However this is not about my ego, it's about your appalling homophobia, so your attempts at deflection are fooling no one.

Polyglide wrote: Every comment I have made regarding homosexuality is correct and I have given the references I have used.
Liar.
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 pm
According to every dictionary I know, homosexuality is a perversion,
Here is the Oxford English dictionary definition, again.
adjective
Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.
LINK

Polyglide wrote:  I know what it is and the majority of the world accept what it is, the manner in which it is viewed is a matter of opinion.
IN deed, the entire medical and scientific world regard being gay as a perfectly natural variation of adult human sexual desire, whereas religious bigots prefer to cling to bronze age homophobia.

Polyglide wrote:I do not think it is right as I do not think many other things are not right but I do not judge others who fall into any bracket, it is the brackets that I disagree with and not individuals that may be involved.
Another lie, you have judged gay people relentlessly on here, we've all read your judgements. It's beyond stupid to suggest that your appalling homophobic condemnations and insults are ok because they are generalised rather than aimed at individuals.

Polyglide wrote: For heavens sake get someone to explain the difference.  
There is no difference, it's semantics and hypocrisy on top of your bigotry and homophobia.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:06 am

Dr, Sheldon,
You reallllly are a sillly billly.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:01 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon,
                 You reallllly are a sillly billly.

Very mature? Rolling Eyes It's odd but reading your posts I almost get the impression you think people can't scroll up and read your previous posts, and get a real taste of the appalling and obnoxious ad hominem you've just directed at me, and many others of course.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:14 pm

Dr, Sheldon,
Can you not get it into your head that to explain why a thing is abnormal does not in any way make it normal ?.

If you deal in obnoxious ad hominem then you should expect that others feel at liberty to do the same.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:27 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon,
                Can you not get it into your head that to explain why a thing is abnormal does not in any way make it normal ?.

                If you deal in obnoxious ad hominem then you should expect that others feel at liberty to do the same.  
That first part is gibberish,  if that makes sense to you then you're speaking a different language to me I'm afraid. Besides as multiple posters have explained to you again and again not being the norm doesn't justify your bigoted homophobic insults, and that includes describing gay people as abnormal.  Left handed people aren't the norm, so fkn what.

The second part is a pathetic lie,  and your bigotry and lies litter this thread, and even this page so I'm more than happy for everyone to read your appalling bigoted homophobia for themselves,  and your many lies as well, including this latest one.At least you've finally noticed your bare faced lie about me in your earlier posts was refuted by the date of the posts I'd quoted being a year before I'd even joined the forum.  Your lies about Sharina and Snowyflak using  obnoxious ad hominem also speaks for itself.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:00 am

Dr, Sheldon,
I think if gibberish is in dispute I would point out many of your posts as good examples to consider as such.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:22 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon,
                I think if gibberish is in dispute I would point out many of your posts as  good examples to consider as such.

I wasn't aware it was in dispute, as I specifically pointed to this post of yours...
by polyglide Yesterday at 1:14 pm
Dr, Sheldon,
Can you not get it into your head that to explain why a thing is abnormal does not in any way make it normal ?.

Now as hard as it is to put up any kind of erudite polemic against the sagacity that uses the "no your posts are" playground taunt in response, (sigh) perhaps you can dispute my claim that it's gibberish? I'll set the ball rolling and explain a few things so we can help you understand why it's meaningless. Firstly the punctuation in the sentence is non-existent, until rather bizarrely you inexplicable use both a question mark and a full stop at the end. Secondly your premise seems to be that explaining something doesn't in any way make that thing the opposite of your explanation. Now I'm sure you think that's the very definition of erudition, but it seems an entirely superfluous premise to me. Besides you haven't explained anything, you never do, just make strident claims, in this instance your claims have repeatedly judged gay people, whilst claiming you don't judge people, repeatedly posted the worst kind of bigoted homophobia, whilst claiming you're not a bigoted homophobe, repeatedly claimed to have gay friends, whilst describing them behind their backs on here is the most bigoted homophobic and insulting terms. You also described gay people using pejorative homophobic terms, like abnormal, unnatural, perverted, deviants. I've explained as have others why these claims are inaccurate, but you simply relentlessly ignore all the evidence, whilst claiming your opinion is in the dictionary which it isn't of course, and you can't produce or link one to support your claims, enough said, and you keep making the absurd claim, again without ever attempting to evidence it, that your bizarre bigoted opinion is the commonly held one by 'most people', and Lastly you made the claim that...
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 pm
According to every dictionary I know, homosexuality is a perversion,
Then sulked when I point out this is a lie, and you repeat the claim. Even though I and several others have posted the definition from the Oxford English dictionary, and linked their website, here it is again so everyoone can see you're lying and it does not define homosexuality as a perversion....
adjective
Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.

LINK
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Dr, Sheldon,
Of course the dictionary now says exactly what you say it does.

Sexually attracted to people of the same sex.

It does not say that this is either normal or natural.

You then have to look at how this is regarded by the majority of people and the dictinaries definition.

I have given you sevaral references regarding this and all agree with what I have said.

You come up with the idea that because some scientist says it is the same in the jungle with animals then it may be natural (but not normal)

If you go along this line then everything that animals do must be natural when humans get involved this gives some real problems.

You talk about homophobia but you show the greatest phobias regarding religion and use the most henious manner in which to ensure that everyone knows how you feel.

I am not homophobic and just explain exactly what homosexuality is, you call me a liar and should actually look in the dictionary for it's meaning.

Homosexuality is a perversion just as you pervert the meaning of words and this makes you a pervert in that sense.

Just get a dictionary and see the definition of perversion and then just get it into your head that anyone who perverts in any way is a pervert.



avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:14 pm

Polyglide you're not using a type writer, how many times must you be told not to hit the return key twice at the end of every sentence?

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon,  Of course the dictionary now says exactly what you say it does. Sexually attracted to people of the same sex.
Then why have you repeatedly lied about that?
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 pm
According to every dictionary I know, homosexuality is a perversion,

Polyglide wrote: It does not say that this is either normal or natural.
An irrelevant straw man argument as nobody ever said it did. It's natural because research has shown that it is ubiquitous in nature, as you've been told, repeatedly. So this is more dishonest bigotry. Homosexuality is not the norm, and no one has said otherwise, but all major health organisation globally including the World Health Organisation, view homosexuality as a perfectly natural normal variation of adult human sexual desire. So you're lying about that as well, blinded by religious bigotry you seem unable to even read, as I have linked these facts repeatedly.

Polyglide wrote:You then have to look at how this is regarded by the majority of people
I do, the majority of people are decent and tolerant, and long ago abandoned the religious homophobic bigotry and prejudice you are advocating. That's why we have laws against the kind of prejudiced bigotry you're advocating, and why you come on here and use anonymity to cowardly insult gay people, but wouldn't dare say it to their faces as you know what the result would be. It must also be why you simply can't understand why that Christian couple with the B&B fell foul of just such laws, because the majority of people will no longer tolerate homophobic prejudice, discrimination and bigotry.

Polyglide wrote:and the dictinaries definition. I have given you sevaral references regarding this and all agree with what I have said.
 You're a Liar,  and you can't even spell dictionary ffs. You know you haven't been able to produce a single dictionary to support your lie as well, and I have repeatedly used the Oxford English Dictionary and shown you are lying.

You come up with the idea that because some scientist says it is the same in the jungle with animals then it may be natural (but not normal)

Liar, do you really think paraphrasing me in such a brazen lie will go unchallenged, for god's sake man.

Polyglide wrote: If you go along this line then everything that animals do must be natural
Everything animals do is natural, by definition, not that this is remotely the point, why are you misrepresenting what has been said, is it deliberate again? The only assertion I made was that research has shown conclusively that homosexuality is ubiquitous in nature, THUS IT IS NATURAL BY DEFINITION, no other claims were made by me about animal behaviour, and I made no correlation between animal behaviour apart from this one, you're simply lying.

Polyglide wrote:You talk about homophobia but you show the greatest phobias regarding religion and use the most henious manner in which to ensure that everyone knows how you feel.
Deflection, and another lie. My rejection of religion is based on rational logical reason, and my objection to it is limited to the behaviour of people who use it to spread bigotry, homophobia, and prejudice, as you have done repeatedly and are doing here again.

Polyglide wrote:  I am not homophobic and just explain exactly what homosexuality is, you call me a liar and should actually look in the dictionary for it's meaning. Homosexuality is a perversion

Oxford English dictionary definition, again then since you're lying again.
adjective
Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.
LINK
You must have the same prowess at reading as you do at spelling then.

Polyglide wrote:just as you pervert the meaning of words
By quoting the Oxford English dictionary? That's beyond idiotic...

Polyglide wrote: and this makes you a pervert in that sense.
Ah more ad hominem, well you won't bully me sunshine, and I'd happily be labelled a pervert rather than an obnoxious, bigoted homophobic old retard.

Polygide wrote:Just get a dictionary and see the definition of perversion  
I have never disputed the dictionary definition of pervert, as the definition isn't relevant since the OED doesn't define homosexuality as a perversion, and I've quoted and linked that definition again, this is just another lie you keep making up, despite me pointing this out every time you repeat this idiotic lie. Numerous posters have tried to make you grasp that describing gay people in such prejudiced pejorative terms is deeply offensive, but you seem happy to carry on doing it, the only conclusion given we all saw you insult Awfultruth until he left, and then gloat about it afterwards with your "if you can't stand the heat get out the kitchen" remark, is that you are a deeply unpleasant, prejudiced and bigoted individual. For shame sir.....
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:04 pm

Dr, Sheldon,
I have never called any homosexual a pervert, I call my homosexual friends by their names David and Mike.

This does not change the fact that homosexuality is a perversion and accepeted as such by the vast majority of the world population.

Ask any Muslim or any true Chrisian or those of many other faiths what they think the answer is, because you or anyone else wants to put a stigma to anything does not alter any facts.

Perversions are how the activity concerned is percieved by the majority of mankind and no amount of mumbo jumbo by you or anyone else will change the fact.

avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:54 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon,  I have never called any homosexual a pervert,
by polyglide Yesterday at 5:18 pm Homosexuality is a perversion
Jesus wept Polyglide, I'm embarrassed for you.

Polyglide wrote: I call my homosexual friends by their names David and Mike.
To their faces anyway, then pass the most insulting and homophobic judgements on them behind their backs on here, some friend you are.

Polyglide wrote: This does not change the fact that homosexuality is a perversion.........Post by polyglide Today at 5:04 pm I have never called any homosexual a pervert,
Priceless.....you really are barking mad....

Polyglide wrote:Ask any Muslim or any true Chrisian or those of many other faiths what they think the answer is, because you or anyone else wants to put a stigma to anything does not alter any facts.
The only one stigmatising people with bigoted homophobia is you, you've done it twice in this post, and you have no idea what the majority of people think, you're a dinosaur so out of touch with reality I'd feel genuinely sorry for you if you weren't such a deeply unpleasant bigot.

Polyglide wrote:Perversions are how the activity concerned is percieved by the majority of mankind and no amount of mumbo jumbo by you or anyone else will change the fact.
No that's not how it is perceived, not that mass perception is really relevant as to whether something is true or not, as this is just argumentum ad populum, and I leave mumbo jumbo to god bothering creationist nut jobs like you. It's worth noting now though that you are trying to shift the goal posts because you know you lied about all dictionaries defining homosexuality as a perversion, and know you can't produce one to support your lie.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:23 am

Dr, Sheldon,
Please learn to read what is written and your lack of understanding the different terminology and it's use is abismal.
















Dr, Sheldon,
You have no conception of the usage of words.

I have painly said that a homosexual according to all the definitions I have encountered is a pervert, I have never ever called a PERSON a pervert.

I gave you the page and the definition regarding homosexuality several times in several different publications and have no intention of doing so again.

The dictionary I refered to also said homosexuality was an abnormality and I gave the publication and the page number and have no intention of doing so again.

It matters not what you or anyone wants to change the fact that a perversion is a perversion choose how why when or were homosexuality will always be a perversion.

Of course it matters what the majority of people understand something to mean or there would be no meaning at all.

I realy do begin to wonder about your sanity, I have no problem with homosexuality but it appears it is your main obcession in life. ???????????.





















I have said a homosexual is a pervert, yes, but I have never called a person who is a homosexual a pervert. Get someone to expain the difference.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:31 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon, Please learn to read what is written and  your lack of understanding the different terminology and it's use is abismal.Dr, Sheldon, You have no conception of the usage of words.  I have painly said that a homosexual according to all the definitions I have encountered is a pervert, I have never ever called a PERSON a pervert.
Well despite your claim my understanding of the definition of homosexuality exactly matches the Oxford English dictionary's, whereas yours does not, odd that. You have repeatedly called gay people perverts, you've even done it again in that sentence, so perhaps you meant to say you'd never called a gay person a pervert "TO THEIR FACE"? So perhaps instead of constantly criticising the English comprehension skills of others you might take a step back and ask someone you trust to take a peak at your posts on here and see if they agree that the misunderstanding is everyone else's.

Polyglide wrote: I gave you the page and the definition regarding homosexuality several times in several different publications and have no intention of doing so again.
You quoted a Thesaurus, regarding the word perversion, which no one has disputed. You also claimed that all the dictionaries you were aware of defined homosexuality as a perversion, you have not produced a single one. I on the other hand have quoted the Oxford English Dictionary and it refutes your claim utterly. Let's take another look since you're determined to keep repeating this lie:
Oxford English dictionary definition, again then since you're lying again.
adjective
Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.
LINK

Now can you explain why the Oxford English dictionary definition doesn't define homosexuality as a perversion, doesn't mention it being a perversion, and why this isn't good enough for you? Especially when you 'STILL' can't produce a dictionary that does?

Polyglide wrote:
The dictionary I refered to also said homosexuality was an abnormality and I gave the publication and the page number and have no intention of doing so again.
I don't recall this, and am fairly dubious, as all I have read was you using a thesaurus to try and semantically link the word perversion with homosexuality, and if you can't reproduce this mysterious dictionary or link and quote your post then that speaks for itself. Especially since I have again quoted the Oxford English dictionary. You may not know this Polyglide but double clicking a word and then righting clicking the highlighted word allows you to instantly search for it's definition on-line. It literally takes a couple of seconds from there to find the OED definition, and I have both quoted this and linked it, so it's really ridiculous now for you to keep making a claim that is so obviously and demonstrably refuted by the Oxford English dictionary, don't you think?

polyglide wrote: It matters not what you or anyone wants to change the fact that a perversion is a perversion choose how why when or were homosexuality will always be a perversion.
Oxford English dictionary definition, again then since you're lying again.
adjective
Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.

You can shout all you want, your claim is still nonsense, I'm not offering an opinion either, there is the Oxford English dictionary, take it up with them.

Polyglide wrote:Of course it matters what the majority of people understand something to mean or there would be no meaning at all.
Firstly you haven't shown any evidence that the majority of people share your offensive homophobic definition, and since the dictionary refutes your claim I'd say the evidence was that they didn't share your views. However I never said it didn't matter, I said it wasn't really the point, and it isn't, as we have the dictionary definition, and a bare appeal to numbers is logically fallacious, it's called argumentum ad populum.  


Polyglide wrote: I realy do begin to wonder about your sanity,
I really do begin to wonder why you really can't grasp that really has two l's, and I really don't give a flying fk how you feel about me personally, so focus on the topic, and leave the ad hominem alone.

Polyglide wrote: I have no problem with homosexuality but it appears it is your main obcession in life. ???????????.
You keep saying this but it's you who insults gay people, it's you who insulted and bullied another poster until he left here, and then gloated about it, it was you who was repeatedly warned for posting homophobic comments, then finally banned for a month because you wouldn't stop, and it's you has been using insulting homophobic comments now for over 3 years before I even joined this site, and you were having exactly the same conversations with other posters then that you are now having with me. So that's a rather silly childish lie isn't it? I even showed the posts from 2011 of the exchange you were involved in, and if you want I'll post some more from that tie period before I even joined. What's more I offered to let the topic drop, but warned that i would challenge any homophobic posts from you, and any that claimed to have gay friends when I had read your many comments insulting gay people. You can't let it go though can you?

Polyglide wrote:I have said a homosexual is a pervert, yes, but I have never called a person who is a homosexual a pervert. Get someone to expain the difference.
There is no difference, your grasp of English is Letting you down again. i think what you are trying to say is you have called gay people perverts, that you obviously think they are perverts, and have said so many times on here, but are now claiming to have never said this "TO A GAY PERSON FACE". Hardly the kind of hypocrisy you should be bragging about, given the appalling homophobia of that claim I'd have thought you'd want to keep this to yourself, but rest assured I had long ago worked out from your posts that you wouldn't dare insult gay people to their faces in the appallingly bigoted fashion you do on here, in fact I have said just that, so your point seems a little redundant as well as being breathtakingly hypocritical.

You seem a little overwrought, I'd suggest you leave this topic alone, as it isn't painting you in a very good light, but unfortunately you seem determined to keep making homophobic remarks.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:18 am

Dr, Sheldon,
Homophobic, OED, hatred or fear of homosexuals.

Just exactly where have I indicated in any way that I am subject to either?

I cannot understand your illogical denial of the obvious

Perversion, any abnormal means of obtaining sexual satifaction.

Pervert, a person who practises sexual perversion.

Collins Dictionary.

Rogers Thesaurus, Homosexuality, abnormality.

Homosexual, non conformist.

There is nothing wrong in calling a spade a spade and to just give a true definition on any matter determines nothing more than clarifying just exactly what is entailed.

As I have stated many times I have no problems with homosexuality or homosexuals, any homosexual knows exactly what is involved and the manner in which the majority of people accept it as.

I would not insult a Muslim nor anyone else for their belief, I know what they believe do not in any way agree with it nor would I judge them but that would not change the fact they are Muslims.

Nothing you say or attempt to brush over changes anything from what it is.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:16 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon,
                Homophobic, OED, hatred or fear of homosexuals.

Oxford English dictionary
Homophobia
noun
Dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.
LINK TO THE OED
Nice try Polyglide, and I even explained how easy is to instantly access the OED, and unlike your dishonest misrepresentation I have provided a working link the OED online. Click on it and you'll go straight to the OED online's definition of homophobia exactly as I have copied it in here.

Polyglide wrote:Just exactly where have I indicated in any way that I am subject to either?
You have made innumerable posts in multiple threads that exhibit both prejudice against and dislike of homosexuality. If you persist in lying I'll start quoting you again, with links, dates, thread titles, and times. So it's your call.

Polyglide wrote:I cannot understand your illogical denial of the obvious  Perversion, any abnormal means of obtaining sexual satifaction. Pervert, a person who practises sexual perversion. Collins Dictionary.
I can't understand why you keep lying, you claimed all dictionaries defined homosexuality as a perversion, but you can't produce a single one, and are ignoring the definition in the Oxford English dictionary, whilst still desperately trying to lie, and use semantics with other word definitions. No one is fooled and you're merely adding liar to homophobia and bigotry.

Since you keep lying and trying to use perversion to semantically define homosexuality, even though no dictionary defines it as a perversion, lets take a look at the OED definition of perversion:

perversion Oxford English definition
Sexual behaviour that is considered abnormal and unacceptable:
LINK TO OED
Now since you can find no dictionary that defines homosexuality as a perversion, and it is not defined or considered to be abnormal or unacceptable by any scientific or psychological body, or any dictionary, your prejudice is simply utilising lies, isn't it? Remember not being the norm doesn't necessarily make something abnormal, as the definition typical refers to something deviating from what is normal - typically in a way that is undesirable or worrying, since homosexuality is considered normal, and isn't worrying or undesirable, except to homophobes of course, your prejudice is running on empty with only religious bigotry to support it.

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:54 pm
Are you saying homosexuality is not a perversion? the dictionary says it is.
LINK TO PAGE

One more time...
Oxford English dictionary
Homosexuality
adjective
Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.
LINK TO OED
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:22 pm

Dr Sheldon,
You realy must get a grip of yourself and learn what the dictionaries actualy say.

I have given you the source and the actual page that says very clearly that homosexuality is an abnormality.

The OED says:-

Perversion, the diversion of something from its original and proper course.

Perverted, exhibiting or practising sexual perversion.

Amer. Jrnl.Clin. Med. Aug 687/1. There may be some homosexuals who are reconciled to or even proud of their abnormality.

Of course homosexuals are attracted to their own sex it is that which makes it abnormal you idiot.

Having said that it is only to prove the actual definition and is in no way meant to be nor or is even the slightest thing either for or against homosexuality or homosexuals as I have said many times I have very good homosexaul friends just as I have others who over indulge in things I diagree with but I judge none.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:09 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr Sheldon,
               You realy must get a grip of yourself and learn what the dictionaries actualy say.

If you had or could read a dictionary you just might grasp the hilarity of that sentence. Dear dear me, oh the humanity... Rolling Eyes However even though we don't need farther proof that you don't live within throwing distance of a dictionary, lets take another look at your original claim, and compare it to the Oxford English dictionary.

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 pm
According to every dictionary I know, homosexuality is a perversion,

Oxford English dictionary
Homosexuality
adjective
Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.
LINK TO OED ONLINE

Polyglide wrote:Of course homosexuals are attracted to their own sex it is that which makes it abnormal you idiot.
No it doesn't, do you see the word abnormal or pervert in the OED definition above you illiterate clown? No amount of lying will change that. Thanks for the belly laugh though, as you calling anyone an idiot is comedy gold. As I said before I'd feel genuinely sorry for you if you weren't such a deeply unpleasant homophobic bigot.

Polyglide wrote:I have very good homosexaul friends  
Whose face you lie to, whilst holding and expressing the vilest homophobic prejudices behind their backs, now them I genuinely do feel sorry for, and we all know exactly how long they'd remain your friends if they had an inkling of the homophobic bigotry you've expressed on here.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:23 am

Dr, Sheldon,
Every dictionary defines homosexuality as abnormal if you consider that it says people who are attracted to their own sex, sexualy and then follow through just what that involves.

I have given you several very clear definitions in accepted publications that confirm all that I have claimed and you attempt to be selective about everything.

Just as a left handed person is abnormal a homosexual is abnormal and no amount of posturing and ridiculous attempts to prove otherwise just shows your lack of understanding.

As I have said previously my homosexual friends are obviously not as daft as you they are well aware of their orientation and exactly what it entails and accept what they are and what I am and it is far from what you think.

At no time have I expressed any homophobic remarks it is you that cannot accept the truth, a spade is a spade a homosexual is a abnormal person regarding his sexuality and nothing will ever alter the fact even were homosexuality to be natural, the fact is you have no idea of the diffrence as with most other matters.

avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:58 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon,  Every dictionary defines homosexuality as abnormal
Oxford English dictionary
Adjective
Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.
LINK
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Merriam Webster
Adjective
sexually attracted to people of the same sex
LINK
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collins
noun
a person who is sexually attracted to members of the same sex
adjective
of or relating to homosexuals or homosexuality
LINK
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're lying, and as I keep pointing out can't produce a single dictionary that defines homosexuality as a perversion, note the three largest dictionaries above, Oxford English, Merriam Webster, and Collins, and not one of them mentions perversion or abnormality anywhere in their definition. You're making a complete fool of yourself by persisting in trying to project your own bigoted prejudices onto the dictionary.  

Polyglide wrote:I have given you several very clear definitions in accepted publications that confirm all that I have claimed and you attempt to be selective about everything.
Liar, and I'm happy for everyone to follow the links above, and read the definitions for themselves.

Polyglide wrote:Just as a left handed person is abnormal a homosexual is abnormal and no amount of posturing and ridiculous attempts to prove otherwise just shows your lack of understanding.
Oxford English dictionary
Left handed
adjective
(Of a person) using the left hand more naturally than the right:

So another lie, as we can see from the dictionary. as I said you really don't live within throwing distance of a dictionary, and your execrable grasp of English has been on display these many months.


Polyglide wrote: As I have said previously my homosexual friends are obviously not as daft as you they are well aware of their orientation and exactly what it entails and accept what they are and what I am and it is far from what you think.
   
So you've told them you think they're abnormal, unnatural, perverted deviants then? You're a bigoted homophobe polyglide, the evidence litters these threads, and lying to and about two gay men you know by calling them friends to their faces, whilst describing them in the most appallingly bigoted and homophobic terms behind their backs isn't friendship, it's hypocrisy. They deserve better.     
               
Polyglide wrote:At no time have I expressed any homophobic remarks

Liar.

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:05 pm
Homosexuality is a perversion....and to some is abhorant

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:52 pm
homosexuals have brought a lot of their problems on themselves.... they are constantly celebrating what to many is abhorant

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:20 pm
if a homosexual is born as such then so are rapists, child abusers and any other deviant....If you make an excuse for one why not the others?....homosexuals are not content ...I would agree with this wholeheartedly if they all went on an island all on their own

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:40 pm
As for homosexual pride, I cannot for the life of me see anything to be proud of,

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:12 pm

The dictionary to which I refer is the latest....a pervert is exactly what the dictionary says and there can be no doubt about it,

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:21 pm
homosexuality is a perversion....it has gone on since history began but so has murder, child abuse

That'll do for now, and that's just a small example from just two pages. Note the dates are a year or more before I joined this site as well, so much for me being the one obsessed by homosexuality.

Polyglide wrote:it is you that cannot accept the truth.....a homosexual is a abnormal person
Well as I've shown above and repeatedly in other posts, the Oxford English, Merriam Webster, and Collins dictionaries prove you are a lying homophobic bigot.

Polyglide wrote:regarding his sexuality and nothing will ever alter the fact even were homosexuality to be natural,
It is natural, this has been evidenced beyond any doubt, but your blind religious  homophobic bigotry  won't accept facts if they disagree with your prejudices.

Polyglide wrote: the fact is you have no idea of the diffrence as with most other matters.
I'm sure you're right champ, I mean who could doubt your masterful command of the English language, but I'll let others decide for themselves after they've read your asinine bigotry and compared it to what the dictionaries say. Personally I'll go along with the Oxford English, Merriam Webster, and Collins dictionaries, before I'd defer to a homophobic bigot who can't really after months of prompting.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:52 pm

Dr, Sheldon,
Denying what something is is does not in any way change the facts and all I have done is give facts.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:12 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon,
                Denying what something is is does not in any way change the facts and all I have done is give facts.      

I've denied nothing, and you've no idea what a fact is. You have constantly and relentlessly made the worst kind of bigoted homophobic remarks, and anyone who wants to can just scroll through any number of threads to see this is a fact. You've tried to redefine the dictionary repeatedly, you've lied about having gay friends, but then insult them behind their backs. Do us all a favour and for once show some integrity and leave this topic alone as you keep making empty promise to do.

I reiterate......who could doubt your masterful command of the English language, but I'll let others decide for themselves after they've read your asinine bigotry and compared it to what the dictionaries say. Personally I'll go along with the Oxford English, Merriam Webster, and Collins dictionaries, before I'd defer to a homophobic bigot who can't spell really after months of prompting.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3162
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum