Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Religious fascism or just common sense?

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by AwfulTruth on Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:14 am

First topic message reminder :

BBC Article

You may have heard of the controversy surrounding the advert that was to appear on the side of some buses, which read:

'NOT GAY! Post Gay; Ex-Gay AND Proud. GET OVER IT!'

The banning of this ad has been based on the idea that such an advert would cause widespread offence, not just to gays, but also amongst those who find this kind of ideology offensive and unacceptable.

I listened this morning to the BBC's 'This World', where two of the protagonists behind the ad, were interviewed, along with a gay vicar who was diametrically opposed to the mindset of these people. They respondents were Mike Davidson (anti-gay) from Core Issues LINK, Colin Coward (gay man), Director of Changing Attitudes LINK and Rev Lynda Rose (anti gay) from Anglican Mainstream LINK.

During the interview the vicar rightly pointed out that these people have a history of verbal abuse towards gay people, and he also took offence to their habit of attempting to talk over him, while he was supposed to be speaking.

What annoyed me the most was that the interviewer/journalist failed to question them as to whether they might actually be religious fascists. This seems to be a very common sense question: are they simply persecuting gay people because they hold fascistic, hateful, ideas about being gay and gay people? Also, it is very interesting to note that Mike Davidson has been struck-off the membership of the professional body The British Psychodrama Association. Apparently they decided he was seriously breaking their code of conduct and did not wish to be associated with views they deem as being extremist and not based on sound evidence LINK to Ex-Gay Watch.

Moreover, they believe that people who are gay become gay because they have made a moral decision to be gay, either through circumstance or through being made to be gay and so need to go straight again.

They firmly believe that the state of being gay can be cured, as it is a perversion that is an abomination to God, and that gay people can become heterosexual via therapy and repentance. Indeed, Colin Coward refuted this ideology but once again that hoary old trope, in the form of that biblical quote that all bigots hurl at you when losing the plot, was brought out of the hat. They conveniently, apparently, did not wish to bring out any of the others tropes, including the one that says its OK to stone adulterers to death and OK to have more than one wife...yawn!

I do wish I had been at that interview as I would have confronted them with what I believe is wrong with them, and not what they believe was wrong with me.

It was simply staggering how very nasty and unpleasant these people actually were and it sent shivers down my spine that people could be so offensive, so abusive and so very deluded.

Being gay is NOT an illness; it is a natural manifestation of nature mirrored throughout the animal world in which there is irrefutable proof that gay animals (animals that pair with their own gender and do not breed) perform a dynamic function within animal social groups. For example, flamingo social groups have up to 30% of same sex pairs, all of whom serve as surrogate parents for unwanted eggs. Observers have recorded female egg layers pushing eggs towards male couples (who also make nests in readiness), so that the 'gay' birds can adopt, hatch and nurture the chick inside the egg and thereby preventing the egg from dying.

WIKI
The Telegraph
Gay Animals Out of the Closet?
Psychology Today

As for being cured, well, as a lifelong gay man I can assert here, most definitely, that at NO point in my life did I ever 'choose' to be gay, or for that matter, I have never made a moral choice to become gay. It is not an optional extra or a decision open to me because I simply am what I am.

Scientific opinion clearly does not see homosexuality as a perversion, but now asserts that this state of being is actually a normal state as a variation of human nature. Sexual proclivity is essentially then, genetic. Hard-wired as being gay, or bisexual or heterosexual, is much more what the truth here is all about.

Difference is NOT a foreign country; it is merely a manifestation of the broad variety of nature's beings, including the human variety.

The real evil here, for me, is not the gay element, but actually the religious fascism element.

Religious fascism is an evil that dares not speak its name - so who really needs to get over it?




Last edited by Ivan on Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

Posts : 318
Join date : 2011-11-16
Location : Cambridgeshire

http://www.rhodesgreece.webs.com

Back to top Go down


Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:12 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon,
                Denying what something is is does not in any way change the facts and all I have done is give facts.      

I've denied nothing, and you've no idea what a fact is. You have constantly and relentlessly made the worst kind of bigoted homophobic remarks, and anyone who wants to can just scroll through any number of threads to see this is a fact. You've tried to redefine the dictionary repeatedly, you've lied about having gay friends, but then insult them behind their backs. Do us all a favour and for once show some integrity and leave this topic alone as you keep making empty promise to do.

I reiterate......who could doubt your masterful command of the English language, but I'll let others decide for themselves after they've read your asinine bigotry and compared it to what the dictionaries say. Personally I'll go along with the Oxford English, Merriam Webster, and Collins dictionaries, before I'd defer to a homophobic bigot who can't spell really after months of prompting.

Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:11 pm

Dr, Sheldon.
Your continual denial of the facts, realy occured or is actually the case, facts are also central to building scientific theories, which may lift your heart a little, proves beyond doubt you ar inacpable of uinderstanding either fact or logic you are obviously suffering from many phobias.

Kakrrhaphobia
Cholerophobia
Therophobia
Heresyphobia
Cintreltophobia.

Just consider the above with your idiotic views, you really, really, must learn to read and understand.

Not one of the comments I have made regarding homosexuality is wrong, I have given all the evidence anyone who is not dense could understand.

Not one is homophobic but an explanation of the FACTS.

If I was to explain the meaning of any word or activity relative to the FACTS that does not in any way determine how I feel about the matter.

Only a complete idiot cannot see that all I have done is refute the nonsense you apply to homosexuality when the vast majority of the world accept whaqt I have said.

I do not have to reply to your standard, prove it, a young man for no other reason than being homosexual was thrown yesterday from a high building and this practice is accepted by millions of the world population.

Of course this is wrong but it is also a FACT.

It does not matter how you attempt to explain homosexuality it is very, very, clear what it is and it is abnormal.




avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:57 pm

polyglide wrote:(disjointed ad hominem rant deleted, as I am tired of dealing with your pointless childish tantrums)

Polyglide wrote: Not one of the comments I have made regarding homosexuality is wrong,


Rubbish, here are a few of the erroneous bigoted judgements you've made against gay people:

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:52 pm
It is an unfortunate fact that homosexuals have brought a lot of their problems on themselves,
Utter garbage...
Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:20 pm
if a homosexual is born as such then so are rapists,
So rapists are born rapist now are they?  Rolling Eyes
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:20 pm
homosexuals are not content with being protected by law
Asked them all did you? Dear oh dear what utter cretinous garbage..
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:52 pm
The word marriage was raised to cover the joining together of a male and female and nothing else.
Wrong, marriage in the Oxford English dictionary:
noun
The legally or formally recognized union of a man and a woman (or, in some jurisdictions, two people of the same sex) as partners in a relationship:
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:48 pm
If you look in the dictionary the meaning of homosexuality, then you cannot deny  that a homosexual is a pervert.
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:12 pm
The dictionary to which I refer is the latest... a pervert is exactly what the dictionary says
Oxford English dictionary defines Homosexuality
Adjective
Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.
Wrong again then Polyglide.  sarcasm
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:21 pm
I certainly am not a homofobic,
Yes you are, and illiterate to boot.
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:08 pm
homosexuality could cause the basic fabric of society to break down should it be allowed to become widespread
Cretinous garbage.
Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:05 pm
I am neither for or against homosexuals
Yeah, right.  Rolling Eyes
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:05 pm
I have several homosexual friends whom I hold in high regard
Oh really?  sarcasm
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:10 pm
there is no way in which the marriage between two people of the same gender can possibly be called the same
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:54 pm
Are you saying homosexuality is not a perversion? the dictionary says it is.
Rubbish, not only have you failed to produce a single dictionary to support this erroneous lie, but here is the Oxford English dictionary definition of Homosexuality
Adjective
Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:37 pm
Do not say rape hurts, of course it does, what if the desire to do so is on the same level as homosexuality,
That's as moronic as it is offensive... No

I can't be bothered to rake through the rest of the imbecilic bigoted homophobic garbage you've ranted on and on about, that's barely half a dozen pages of one thread though.

Polyglide wrote:I have given all the evidence anyone who is not dense could understand.
Rubbish, your bigoted homophobia merely confirms what I always suspect when conversing with people who espouse such nonsense, and that is that homophobia like all prejudice and bigotry have their root cause in extreme ignorance and stupidity. Your posts have shown this to be the case again and again, as decent intelligent and erudite posters like Shirina and Awfultruth tried in vain to enlighten you with facts.  

Polyglide wrote:  Not one is homophobic but an explanation of the FACTS.
If you say so champ, but all anyone has to do is read the quotes from your posts I've posted above. Or see the petty ad hominem you always resort to when your ignorant bigotry is challenged.

Polygllide wrote: Only a complete idiot cannot see that all I have done is refute the nonsense you apply to homosexuality when the vast majority of the world accept whaqt I have said.
Ah I see you are claiming to know what the 'vast majority of the world' think again, and in the same sentence you call anyone disagreeing with you an idiot, irony overload again.  Rolling Eyes

Polyglide wrote: a young man for no other reason than being homosexual was thrown yesterday from a high building and this practice is accepted by millions of the world population.
Ah, you've scaled your ludicrous hyperbole down a little, though sadly you still seem oblivious to how ludicrous a claim it is, or even show you might know why it's so cretinous a piece of hyperbole.  Rolling Eyes

Polyglide wrote: Of course this is wrong but it is also a FACT. It does not matter how you attempt to explain homosexuality it is very, very, clear what it is and it is abnormal.
So because hateful religious bigots like you, decided to murder someone just for being gay that makes being gay abnormal. That's not just moronic it's deeply offensive and of course homophobic. You are as clueless as you are unpleasant. Your faux shows of compassion are nauseating, as we can all see you for what you are. I am just grateful that I live in a part of the world where religion's powers have been largely neutered, and we are not at the mercy of religious bigots, who would return us to the dark ages if they could.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:44 pm

Dr, Sheldon,
I have attempted to understand YOUR lack of understanding the difference between explaining a truth and not either agreeing nor disagreeing with it.
You have indulged in the most hateful and disrespecrtful manner imaginable the likes of which that could only be attributed either to a very dense and stupid person or aternatively to a very hweniouis and evil heathen.

I bet if you have a friend [ which I doubt very much] I feel anyone who assoiates with you will be out of pity will not tell you they think you a heathen and a scientistic nutcase and you will not tell them their faults and the things you dislike about he/she.

There is a moral there but I know it will be beyond your limited undetsanding.

I was going to mention a second friend but I feel in no way anyone else would be so silly as to become involved.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:00 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon,
                I have attempted to understand YOUR lack of understanding the difference between explaining a truth and not either agreeing nor disagreeing with it.

No you haven't, you have simply ranted and rave and ignored the fact that your claim that "all dictionaries define homosexuality as a perversion" is not supported by any dictionary, and I have quoted the Oxford English dictionary and link it's online website to clearly evidence this. Changing your claim now, to dishonestly try and cite a thesaurus and link perversion semantically with homosexuality based solely on your own beliefs is not just erroneous it is utterly dishonest, by ignoring that what you claimed is wrong. Even making the ridiculous claim that implies you know how the vast majority of the world's population think, when you must know what a ridiculous piece of hyperbole that is, and all to avoid accepting that no dictionary definition supports your claim that homosexuality is defined as a perversion. Insulting me and lying won't alter this fact, a fact I have been meticulous in evidencing every time you repeat the lie, or insult me for doing so. This won't stop either as I'll keep evidencing your lie each time you repeat it or insult me for doing so.

Polyglide wrote:You have indulged in the most hateful and disrespecrtful manner imaginable the likes of which that could only be attributed either to a very dense and stupid person or aternatively to a very hweniouis and evil heathen.
Again it is you who has from the start in multiple threads used offensive and insulting pejorative terms, about gay people in general, and as we see here again directed at me because I have dared to disagree with you, and challenge your bigotry. If you can't see how pathetic your petty childish insults are here again in the very sentence you're accusing me of doing it then it's you that lacks the awareness of how your posts are perceived and there are plenty of examples of others making the same observation, if you doubt this take a look at the threads I have linked and see how often you resort to this kind of personal abuse. Simply questioning the intelligence of everyone who disagrees with you in insulting and condescending fashion is not a compelling argument, it's not an argument at all.

Polyglide wrote:I bet if you have a friend [ which I doubt very much]
In what way is this puerile insult salient? It's not is it, it is simply a childish and personal insult that has no relevance and therefore no purpose other than to insult. You're lashing out childishly because I have challenged the ridiculous claim you have gay friends, when you quite clearly hold deeply homophobic prejudices against gay people, and have tacitly admitted they don't know because you have never told them, as you know full well they'd run a mile. You've accepted that telling them how you describe them on here would be deeply insulting to them, but seem unable to see the hypocrisy in that.

Polyglide wrote:I feel anyone who assoiates with you will be out of pity will not tell you they think you a heathen and a scientistic nutcase and you will not tell them their faults and the things you dislike about he/she.
Well bully for you, I can say unequivocally that I could not care less that a stranger likes to feel superior to me, when he knows nothing whatever about me beyond my not sharing his beliefs, and my being unwilling to let his vile homophobic bigotry go unchallenged. I think this rather nasty petty insult amply illustrates why I have been forced to point out what a deeply unpleasant individual you clearly are.

Polyglide wrote:There is a moral there but I know it will be beyond your limited undetsanding.
No, there's no moral there, just another in a long long line of petty childish ad hominem, and I understand that people who insult others for who they are, that espouse prejudice, that preach harsh bigoted homophobic pejorative against them has nothing to tell me about morals. Even if they hypocritically pretend they don't really feel this way away from the anonymity of this internet forum, and lie to people's faces, whilst insulting them in the most appalling terms behind their backs. Your rants and tantrums won't change this, and your insults won't trouble me, I told you a long while ago that I will always challenge homophobic bigotry, and simply won't be bullied, by you or anyone else.  

Polyglide wrote:I was going to mention a second friend but I feel in no way anyone else would be so silly as to become involved.

Whatever, at least I don't sneak online, and secretly insult people behind their backs, harbouring deeply offensive prejudices and homophobic bigotries against them, whilst pretending they're my friends and lying to their faces, as you do. I'd rather not have a single friend in the world than be anywhere near someone as nasty, unpleasant, and dishonest as that.

It's ironic how your posts step up the unpleasant and personal abuse almost in direct proportion to me quoting your earlier post that roundly refute your claims about them, and your claims to not be homophobic, but then I suppose as you have no real answer to everyone seeing the evidence with their own eyes, then petty childish ad hominem is all you have left.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:54 am

Dr, Sheldon,
I do not know how the matter of homosexuality has to do with the matter in question I have no problem with homosexuals I just do not agree with it.

As for your stupid claim that the dictionaries all say that it is ' Sexually attracted to to those of the same sex ' just shows your lack of being able to see that several other dictionaries also add abnormality etc;

Anyone with even the most basic understanding of an abnormality will agree that to have sexual feelings for ones own sex is abnormal, not least of which is because it can have no outcome
that was the intention and sexuality.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:35 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon, I do not know how the matter of homosexuality has to do with the matter in question

It's the topic of the thread? The thread was started to examine a bigoted homophobic advertisement.

Polyglide wrote:I have no problem with homosexuals I just do not agree with it.
Don't be absurd, how can you lie that you do not have a problem with them when you have persistently made the most pejorative insulting judgements on them repeatedly, in multiple threads. We've all read your homophobic judgements on gay people over and over again, you were warned at one point repeatedly, and then banned for a month because you would not desist from posting offensive homophobic hate speech.

Polyglide wrote:"As for your stupid claim that the dictionaries all say that it is ' Sexually attracted to to those of the same sex
It's not my claim, it is the Oxford English dictionary definition, so what's stupid is you trying to claim that the largest dictionary in the English speaking world is wrong, and an illiterate homophobe's definition is correct, whilst simultaneously lying that I am not sticking to the dictionary definition and you are.

So here is your claim:
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 pm
According to every dictionary I know, homosexuality is a perversion,

Now here is the Oxford English dictionary definition of Homosexuality
adjective
Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.
LINK

I've also offered the Merriam Webster's and Collins so the three largest dictionaries in the English speaking world, don't make any mention of perversion when defining homosexuality, which makes you a liar as you've been shown this repeatedly and still persist in lying about it.

Polyglide wrote: ' just shows your lack of being able to see that several other dictionaries also add abnormality etc;"
No they don't, you're lying about this as well, are you really so stupid to think that the Oxford English, Collins, and Merriam Websters dictionaries are all wrong and your bigoted homophobic lies are right? You've not been able to  produce even one dictionary that defines homosexuality as a perversion, that says it all, and your pathetic lies trying to pass of a thesaurus as a dictionary, citing the word perversion and trying to use semantics to link it to homosexuality is as laughable and stupid as it is dishonest.  

Polyglide wrote:Anyone with even the most basic understanding of an abnormality will agree that to have sexual feelings for ones own sex is abnormal, not least of which is  because it can have no outcome that was the intention and sexuality.
You don't even know what a dictionary is ffs, you have continually cited a thesaurus which you tried to pass off as a dictionary. What's more you keep claiming to stick to dictionary definitions in the same posts you ignore the definition of homosexuality from the three largest English dictionaries,  because you know your risible bigoted homophobic claim that "all dictionaries define homosexuality as a perversion" is a bare faced lie. Give it up man, you're mebarrassing yourself.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:07 pm

Dr, Sheldon,
I am realy sorry you feel I am membarrassing myself, does that mean you agree with all I say?.

The three English dictionaries also say exactly what a PERVERSION IS AND ALSO WHAT ABNORMAL IS and both define homosexuality as a perversion and abnormal.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:35 am

Polyglide wrote:The three English dictionaries also say exactly what a PERVERSION IS AND ALSO WHAT ABNORMAL IS  and both define homosexuality as a perversion and abnormal.
Nonsense, another astonishing lie, neither definition mentions homosexuality in any dictionary, and again I challenge you to show one that does. All the worlds major health organisations, including the World Health Organisation utterly refute your bigoted claims. Have you not one shred of integrity or decency in you?

Though this is of course not what you claimed, and you're now lying to avoid admitting you were utterly wrong.
Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 pm
According to every dictionary I know, homosexuality is a perversion,
Oxford English dictionary definition of Homosexuality
adjective
Sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.
LINK

Your semantics are as pathetic as your bigotry and prejudice. Gay people are not perverts, and it's beyond offensive for anyone to claim they are, and beyond hypocrisy to repeatedly claim this whilst laughably lying by trying to sickeningly pretend they have no problem with gay people, and have gay friends.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:54 pm

Dr, Sheldon,
Collins Dictionary which I have by my side.

Pervert, a person who practices sexual perversion, you cannot get it any clearer than that. Page 1233.

Abnormal, same dictionary, deviation from the typical or usual, you cannot get it any clearer than that.

Get a life and learn to accept the truth, I think any homosexual will accept their standing in life and not need idiots to make excuses when none is needed.

The very fact that homosexuals have sexual relations with their own sex qualifies them as defined above and no amount of stupidity on your part will change it.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:57 pm

Dr, Sheldon,
I also take great exception to your idiotic oft quoted that I am lying and deceiving my homosexual friends.

I accept them as they are and they as I am and leave it to God to judge.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:17 pm

polyglide wrote:Dr, Sheldon,
                I also take great exception to your idiotic oft quoted that I am lying and deceiving my homosexual friends.

Take whatever you like, it's a fact, and you know it is, and so does everyone who's read your posts. You've admitted to not telling them how you really feel, but by all means tell them to their face how you honestly feel, tell them how you have described them behind their backs on here, that you think they're abnormal, unnatural, perverted, deviants, I dare you. Insulting me won't change the fact that you are lying to them, and that your bigoted homophobic behaviour is breathtakingly hypocritical. If you don't like it then stop lying to them, or stop being a homophobic bigot.

Polyglide wrote:I accept them as they are and they as I am and leave it to God to judge.

Liar, lets take another look at your 'acceptance' and not judging shall we.
Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:20 pm
if a homosexual is born as such then so are rapists,

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 pm
According to every dictionary I know, homosexuality is a perversion,

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:54 pm
Are you saying homosexuality is not a perversion? the dictionary says it is.

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:10 pm
there is no way in which the marriage between two people of the same gender can possibly be called the same

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:08 pm
homosexuality could cause the basic fabric of society to break down should it be allowed to become widespread

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:48 pm
If you look in the dictionary the meaning of homosexuality, then you cannot deny  that a homosexual is a pervert.

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:20 pm
homosexuals are not content with being protected by law

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:52 pm
It is an unfortunate fact that homosexuals have brought a lot of their problems on themselves,

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:05 pm
Homosexuality is a perversion choose how you try to explain it,

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:52 pm
It is an unfortunate fact that homosexuals have brought a lot of their problems on themselves, they are constantly celebrating what to many is abhorant

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:20 pm
if a homosexual is born as such then so are rapists, child abusers and any other deviant. If you make an excuse for one why not the others?/

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:20 pm
homosexuals now want to have marriages......I would agree with this wholeheartedly if they all went on an island all on their own.....

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:20 pm
homosexuals prance up and down the streets singing and dancing etc; celebrating there perversion, what would happen if the former started doing the same demanding that the homosexuals should be dealt with under their laws etc. ? Surely the above is inciting hatred.

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:40 pm
As for homosexual pride, I cannot for the life of me see anything to be proud of,

Re: Religion, gay artists and homophobia
Post by polyglide on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:32 pm
I am truly sorry if Awful Truth thinks I hate or dislike homosexuals, There are thousands of people I dislike far more, rapists, child abusers, murderers,wife beaters, etc; homosexuals are way down the list.

You can keep claiming you're not homophobic, and you can keep lying that you don't judge them, but we can all read your posts Poly, and it's too late for you to delete them now as I have quoted them for all to see.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 pm

Dr, Sheldon,
Speaking the truth in no way suggests anything other than I have pointed out the undeniable truth.

The above references were made in reply to persons as in deniable of the truth as you are.

All are true.

I hate no one although God says one shoud hate the things he hates, there is a big difference [ which illudes you] between pointing out a matter and others making untrue assumptions [ as you do] I have clearly stated what homosexuality is [ confirmed in the dictionaries] and at no time have made any detrimental assumptions [ other than prancing about proclaiming Gay is to be something one should celebrate, because I can see no reasonable reason to celebrate homosexuality and doing so incites others whose religion says it is a sin] .
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:46 pm

I'm done with you, enjoy yourself you hateful old bigot, it serves no purpose to carry on trying to educate someone as obviously stupid as you.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by oftenwrong on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Would that we should all be in possession of "the undeniable truth" but then what's left except talking about the weather?

avatar
oftenwrong
Sage

Posts : 11898
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:57 am

Dr, Sheldon,
I can understand your unreasonable replies to the truth you are just so lost in self esteem that you cannot understand black from white.

oftenwrong has the correct message, the End is Nigh and I would just be overjoyed when God takes over the world if I could see what excuse you could come up with for your lack of belief, then again you would no doubt blame all the scientists who have led you astray, I do feel very sorry for you and your one and only friend Come the Day Come the Truth, not far to go.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by oftenwrong on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:52 am

Evidently Heisenberg's uncertainty principle may not always apply.
avatar
oftenwrong
Sage

Posts : 11898
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:07 pm

oftenwrong,
I am unfamiliar with Heiseberg's thoughts but will look them up.

But one thing must be evident to everyone, things are not what they should be and there appears little chance of solving the worlds problems.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by polyglide on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:27 am

oftenwrong,
I do not think quantum mechanics is realy relevant, however, I have read where they may of great help in sorting out the latest scientific discoveries.
avatar
polyglide

Posts : 3118
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:01 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Evidently Heisenberg's uncertainty principle may not always apply.

Hard to say, I'm uncertain.
avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:05 pm

polyglide wrote:oftenwrong,
                I am unfamiliar with Heiseberg's thoughts but will look them up.

                But one thing must be evident to everyone, things are not what they should be and there appears little chance of solving the worlds problems.

This is not remotely evident to me, could you explain how you 'know' how 'things should be', and how you know they are not?

"In quantum mechanics, the uncertainty principle, also known as Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, is any of a variety of mathematical inequalities[1] asserting a fundamental limit to the precision with which certain pairs of physical properties of a particle, known as complementary variables, such as position x and momentum p, can be known."

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle is misused often by religious apologists, but especially creationists who think it means any scientific claim can be dismissed as inaccurate. As is always the case with 'creatards' they fail to see the obvious irony inherent in the position. It's funny though, even by creationist standards.

avatar
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Posts : 3167
Join date : 2013-10-11
Location : Wales

Back to top Go down

Re: Religious fascism or just common sense?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum