Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

MetaRiddle - a challenging online game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MetaRiddle - a challenging online game

Post by moonbeam on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:21 pm

http://www.metariddle.com

This is from the Tutorial page, which I would highly recommend you do first.

MetaRiddle is really easy to understand, and hopefully not too difficult to complete.
Although the difficulty increases underway, the way to progress will mainly be the same.
Each level (lvl) in the riddle, will contain hints or means for you to figure out the word or words, needed to proceed to the next lvl.
The hints can be hidden in several ways, this guide will teach you the most basic.
The command CTRL+A (select all) will e.g. show hidden text that wasn't possible to see before.

A few tips:

You have to edit the url with your answer. If your answer is wrong, you get a 404 error. If it's correct, you will get the next page.

So, for instance, if the url were www.metariddle.com/howto1.htm you might have to modify it to say www.metariddle.com/howto2.htm to move on.

Some of them you have to change the extension entirely to something like www.metariddle.com/howto3.jpg

Another hint: watch the page titles in your browser. (up at the very top where it has the name of the page you're on) - there are sometimes clues there.

I'm currently at level 22 (out of 29). Can't finish it all at once so I have been bookmarking when I have to stop.

moonbeam
Administrator (Security & Presentation)

http://notmsnmoney.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Re: MetaRiddle - a challenging online game

Post by oftenwrong on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:40 pm

Does that make us disciples of L Ron Hubbard?
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum