Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

+26
LWS
KnarkyBadger
polyglide
Shirina
Ivanhoe
betty.noire
blueturando
Stox 16
trevorw2539
witchfinder
Red Cat Woman
jackthelad
Redflag
bobby
Phil Hornby
AwfulTruth
Mel
Scarecrow
astra
tlttf
Blamhappy
oftenwrong
Adele Carlyon
Ivan
sickchip
astradt1
30 posters

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 6 Empty Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

Post by astradt1 Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

We seem to have had a thread about Milliband and time running out for his leadership but now there seem to be more and more knives coming out for Vatman and Dobbing, I'll let you decide who is who?

It now seems more and more of their own side (Tory MP's) are openly speaking out against them........

Latest...

Nadine Dorries: David Cameron And George Osborne Are 'Arrogant Posh Boys'

David Cameron and George Osborne are "arrogant posh boys" who do not understand the lives of ordinary people, according to Tory MP Nadine Dorries.

Speaking on the BBC's Daily Politics programme on Monday, the MP for Mid-Bedfordshire was asked if she thought the prime minister and chancellor were out of touch with voters.

"Unfortunately I think that not are only Cameron and Osborne two posh boys who don't understand the price of milk," she said. "They are too arrogant posh boys who show no remorse, no contrition and no passion to want to understand the lives of others - and that is their real crime."
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/04/23/nadine-dorries-david-cameron-posh-boys_n_1445068.html?ref=uk-politics&ref=uk
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 6 Empty Re: Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

Post by Redflag Wed May 23, 2012 5:22 pm

trevorw2539 wrote:Witchfinder quote
It emerged yesterday that Vince has had several long phone conversations with Ed Miliband, if he were to jump now it would surely fataly wound the coalition so badly that it wouldent be able to recover, it would put Vince into his natural environment, into the only Social Democratic Party in the country - The Labour Party.

So come on Vince, stop pussy footing around, show us that Lib Dems are still capable of doing the right thing.

Do single lemmings ever jump? Wink We could all hope for a mass 'suicide' - ooops - mass exodus. Shocked

I do not think he is the only one that is getting ready to jump ship from the coalition, I have been watching two others since the bill for the NHS started its life in the H.O.C. I think they are MPs from round about Devon Cornwall, and if this happens that would be three jumping ship and if Vince jumps there could be more that would follow him.

Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered? - Page 6 Empty Re: Are Cameron and Osborne's days numbered?

Post by Blamhappy Wed May 23, 2012 10:39 pm

The Tories love Vince right now - he's their saving grace!
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Thu May 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Jeremy Hunt Urged Cameron To Support News Corp Before Being Handed BSkyB Responsibility

David Cameron knew Jeremy Hunt was supportive of News Corporation's desire to takeover BSkyB when he appointed him to oversee the bid, the Leveson inquiry heard.

Hunt drafted a letter to Cameron in November 2010 warning the prime minister that blocking News Corporation's bid would cause the UK media sector to "suffer for years".

Just think, under British Law a Jury member can be rejected if it is believed that they are not likely to be impartial.......

Vince cable was removed from being in the position of making a decision on BSkyB because he said, to undercover journalists that he was not impartial....

What does Dave do...appoints a minister who has said to HIM, not a journalist, that he is not impartial.........

Then Dave has the cheek to say Hunt has acted Honourably???????????
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu May 24, 2012 8:06 pm

It's all coming out in the wash astradt. Soon or later Cameron will be facing the damaging truth about Brooks, Hunt, Caulson and others who are still in the cupboard. Paxman has already put Piers Morgan in trouble re phone hacking. It stands to reason that phone hacking by most if not all of the press was rife.
I hope but expect it to be later. Plenty of time for Camer-con to do more damage to the poor the disabled and the unemployed to name just a few.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri May 25, 2012 11:33 am

Mel wrote:It's all coming out in the wash astradt. Soon or later Cameron will be facing the damaging truth about Brooks, Hunt, Caulson and others who are still in the cupboard. Paxman has already put Piers Morgan in trouble re phone hacking. It stands to reason that phone hacking by most if not all of the press was rife.
I hope but expect it to be later. Plenty of time for Camer-con to do more damage to the poor the disabled and the unemployed to name just a few.

I do not know about that Mel Im watching the Leveson Inquiry and it looks like that Scam..er..on has been implicated in the BSKYB buyout by Murdoch, so it looks like Jeremy Hunt will be getting a phone call from Scam..er..on telling him he is sacked or ask for his resignation.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri May 25, 2012 1:29 pm

redflag said: I do not know about that Mel Im watching the Leveson Inquiry and it looks like that Scam..er..on has been implicated in the BSKYB buyout by Murdoch, so it looks like Jeremy Hunt will be getting a phone call from Scam..er..on telling him he is sacked or ask for his resignation.

I havent been watching any of the Leveson enquirey. But if that is the case re Jeremy Hunt, who will then be Herr Camerons Shield.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Fri May 25, 2012 2:40 pm

Can't he just be referred to as "Cameron"? I find it a bit irritating to keep reading nasty nicknames. Maybe it's just me. I dunno...

Paxman did dump Morgan in it, but will anything come of that? Will Morgan be invited back? I'm assuming he'll just say he doesn't recall it though. That's all they all say when they can't answer, and they can't be forced, can they? It's a frustrating inquiry really!
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri May 25, 2012 3:02 pm

Blamhappy said: Can't he just be referred to as "Cameron"?

Sorry Blam, but I feel I owe a nasty nickname for Herr Cameron, Lets face it he has done so much to deserve one. When he is descent to us, I shall be descent to him, until then he sows as he reaped, or in the case of Britain Raped. Its to do with respect, it has to be earned, and he aint earned any.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri May 25, 2012 7:34 pm

Blamhappy wrote:The Tories love Vince right now - he's their saving grace!

Vince is up before the Leveson inquiry next week and he could drop them all in it which would be a good laugh cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Fri May 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Is he? Excellent! Surely he'd do so only if he were about to jump ship? Otherwise it'd be mighty awkward for him in the office!

I hate his voice though! He's quite irritating.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri May 25, 2012 8:56 pm

Vincent Cable reminded us that Politicians are human, when he succumbed to the charms of a pair of totties from the Press when they flashed their knees at him.

How would Mr. Hunt have responded?

Don't answer that, the Board could be closed-down.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri May 25, 2012 9:01 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Vincent Cable reminded us that Politicians are human, when he succumbed to the charms of a pair of totties from the Press when they flashed their knees at him.

How would Mr. Hunt have responded?

Don't answer that, the Board could be closed-down.

I think that was a set up OW, they knew that Vince hated the Murdochs so set him up so that they could give that job to Hunt it was a fore gone conclusion Murdoch would get the rest of BSKYB that being the pay off for supporting the Tories at the 2010 general election.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri May 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Who knew?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun May 27, 2012 8:59 am

oftenwrong wrote:Who knew?

Most of the inner circle of the Tory party I would imagine, with all there dirty laundry being aired in public IMHO Scam..er..ons days are numbered, but it does give the people of the UK an open door to see inside of the Tory party and see how corrupt they are, while they're facing cuts and job losses the Tories are helping out there friends in the City and are also helping themselves to tax payers money.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Sun May 27, 2012 9:36 am

Unfortunately, most people know nothing about the Leveson Inquiry and have no opinion on the corruption being exposed.

It doesn't help that the tabloids are reluctant to discuss it (because they're embroiled in it!).
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun May 27, 2012 10:10 am

Blamhappy wrote:Unfortunately, most people know nothing about the Leveson Inquiry and have no opinion on the corruption being exposed.

It doesn't help that the tabloids are reluctant to discuss it (because they're embroiled in it!).

Surely BH nobody could avoid knowing about the Leveson inquiry, its reported in TV news and in the newspapers, not all newspapers are the same ?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Sun May 27, 2012 10:49 am

I guarantee if I mentioned the Leveson Inquiry to my friends, all would ask me what it is.

Even if people know something about it, they have no opinion. It keeps being touted as big enough to bring down the Government. I hope it does, but I don't think it's guaranteed to.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun May 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Blamhappy wrote:I guarantee if I mentioned the Leveson Inquiry to my friends, all would ask me what it is.

Even if people know something about it, they have no opinion. It keeps being touted as big enough to bring down the Government. I hope it does, but I don't think it's guaranteed to.

I do not think you will have to worry BH, the Tories will make sure with there fingers being caught in the cookie jar once too often.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Sun May 27, 2012 3:02 pm

Blamhappy wrote:I guarantee if I mentioned the Leveson Inquiry to my friends, all would ask me what it is.

Even if people know something about it, they have no opinion.

Blam - sad to say I agree with you on that......it's a depressing state of affairs that the majority of British people are still so disinterested/apathetic about political matters when we're suffering recession, economic uncertainty, supposed austerity (just an excuse to kick the commoners a rung or three back down the ladder), etc.

Though I would add that if the Labour party were making a bigger noise about the Leveson inquiry, and using all their power to ensure it was in people's faces as much as possible, than people would be more aware. Perhaps they don't really want the reins of power at the moment, or they may have involvements to hide themselves, or perhaps they are simply playing the long game and allowing the tories to slowly hang themselves....
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sun May 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Is it BECAUSE the torys think no one is listening that the revelations are coming out in a steady stream?

Iffin Labour started making BIG NOISES now, this bunch of nasty little people would instantly clam up!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sun May 27, 2012 5:36 pm

A very valid point astra.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun May 27, 2012 6:05 pm

Leveson witness schedule for next week ...

Monday T. Blair
Tues M Gove and Mrs T May
Weds V. Cable and K Clarke
Thurs Jeremy Hunt

Don't hold your breath folks, the smart money says Hunt may get away with it. Bookies are offering odds-on.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Sun May 27, 2012 6:41 pm

What bugs me a little is that Ed Miliband started off being too opportunist IMO. He jumped on absolutely everything for the sake of it (it seemed to me), which did Labour no favours.

But now he has something that he can justifiably make a fuss about, and... well, he doesn't really. He has talked about Jeremy Hunt a lot but, to the lay person on the street, that just seems political and uninteresting.

Maybe he's biding his time, yeah. Also, it could be that if he draws too much attention to the press, intrusion, and corruption, he could dump the Labour Party in it. Whilst I think Ed Miliband is pretty clean himself, his party was as much embroiled in the Murdoch saga as the Conservatives were. This is going to sound biased now, but I don't actually think Labour was as bad as such - Murdoch is a Tory so Labour HAD to get in on the act and suck up to him to have any chance of scoring points with the public!

However, the fact remains that this means that Labour were caught up in the corruption as well. So, yeah, perhaps it's a little tricky for Ed Miliband.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Sun May 27, 2012 6:42 pm

oftenwrong wrote:
Don't hold your breath folks, the smart money says Hunt may get away with it. Bookies are offering odds-on.

Get away with it as in won't get sacked?

Probably.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sun May 27, 2012 7:03 pm

He has been given "The Full Support of No 10"

usually that means the kiss of death, but he is stiil there, still smiling Suspect
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sun May 27, 2012 7:57 pm

Astra quote. He has been given "The Full Support of No 10"

usually that means the kiss of death, but he is stiil there, still smiling

Some poison takes time to work. Wink
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun May 27, 2012 8:01 pm

trevorw2539 wrote:Astra quote. He has been given "The Full Support of No 10"

usually that means the kiss of death, but he is stiil there, still smiling

Some poison takes time to work. Wink

That is what happened to Adam Smith Hunts fall guy he was told his job was safe at night the next morning he was asked to resign. lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Sun May 27, 2012 8:41 pm

Hunt is only being kept in place at the moment to take up stage room and deflect attention away from Cameron........remove Hunt and more focus will be placed on Cameron's role.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Sun May 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Could well be true, sickchip.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:46 pm

Is Gove, with all his recent pronouncements, setting out his stall for a real challenge to become the Tory party leader or is he just trying to drive a wedge between the Tories and LibDems?
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:03 pm

This thread has been running for sixty days, but nothing seems to have changed. Hunt is just walking dead until there's another opportunity to bury bad news. Gove is too busy building his personal empire at Education to worry about the top job yet.

The prime interest surrounds Clegg's personal determination to scrap the House of Lords. There is little chance of Tory support for the idea, so when push comes to shove, will Nick lead his team off the field????
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:52 pm

But if you look Gove is playing to the Tory faithful whilst Dave seems to be too busy swanning around the world trying to look statesman like....

astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Like Enoch Powell, do you mean?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:07 am

Your treading thin ice now OW. Very Happy

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:31 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Like Enoch Powell, do you mean?

An intelligent, learned and much maligned man. Most remember him for his 'rivers of blood' speech, relating this to unlimited immigration. This was actually a response to the proposed 1968 Race Relation Act affecting immigrants already here.

His attitude to the treatment of others by the British came out in a speech in 1959, after the killing of African prisoners (MauMau) in an Africa prison camp. Drawn this from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enoch_Powell

On 27 July 1959, Powell gave his speech on the Hola Camp of Kenya, where eleven Mau Mau were killed after refusing work in the camp. Powell noted that some MPs had described the eleven as "sub-human", but Powell responded by saying: "In general, I would say that it is a fearful doctrine, which must recoil upon the heads of those who pronounce it, to stand in judgement on a fellow human being and to say, 'Because he was such-and-such, therefore the consequences which would otherwise flow from his death shall not flow'."[13]:206–7 Powell also disagreed with the notion that because it was in Africa, different methods were acceptable:

Nor can we ourselves pick and choose where and in what parts of the world we shall use this or that kind of standard. We cannot say, 'We will have African standards in Africa, Asian standards in Asia and perhaps British standards here at home'. We have not that choice to make. We must be consistent with ourselves everywhere. All Government, all influence of man upon man, rests upon opinion. What we can do in Africa, where we still govern and where we no longer govern, depends upon the opinion which is entertained of the way in which this country acts and the way in which Englishmen act. We cannot, we dare not, in Africa of all places, fall below our own highest standards in the acceptance of responsibility.[13]:207

Denis Healey, a member of parliament from 1952 to 1992, later said this speech was "the greatest parliamentary speech I ever heard... it had all the moral passion and rhetorical force of Demosthenes".[4]:252 The Daily Telegraph report of the speech said that "as Mr Powell sat down, he put his hand across his eyes. His emotion was justified, for he had made a great and sincere speech".[4]:254

Like him or not, warts and all. A honest, great man. And I dare say it.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:33 pm

Indeed Powell was an accomplished, intelligent and phenomenally well-educated man of Principle. But he so wanted to replace Ted Heath as PM that he could taste it, and it warped his judgment on a vital consideration.

People of his stature don't make small mistakes, they create a space of their own in the History books.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:11 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Indeed Powell was an accomplished, intelligent and phenomenally well-educated man of Principle. But he so wanted to replace Ted Heath as PM that he could taste it, and it warped his judgment on a vital consideration.
People of his stature don't make small mistakes, they create a space of their own in the History books.

And what was wrong with replacing Heath. Given the situation in the early 70's millions wanted to replace Heath Wink
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:54 pm

I'm waiting for the self righteous to start calling individuals a racist, naturally based on their limited knowledge and personal experiences of course. I wonder where the Enoch Powell thread went?

I wonder if Powell had replaced Heath if there would ever have been a space for Thatcher to have risen to power?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:32 pm

The racists know who they are. Every Prime Minister also knows that there are always "colleagues" who will profess total loyalty at the very moment they are twisting the knife in his back.

Would Powell have thwarted Thatcher? Could Neville Chamberlain have avoided war with Hitler? Futile questions now unless simply for intellectual self-abuse.

But how long can Nick Clegg absorb being ignored while decisions are taken? That's worth a discussion.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:17 pm

What the hell as a politician who died 14 years ago got to do with whether Gove is after Dave's job or if Days as Tory leader in general are numbered.......

It seems that when a thread starts to get a little too close to the truth some prat has to make a comment which is likely to get it locked..........
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:39 pm

astradt1 wrote:What the hell as a politician who died 14 years ago got to do with whether Gove is after Dave's job or if Days as Tory leader in general are numbered.......

It seems that when a thread starts to get a little too close to the truth some prat has to make a comment which is likely to get it locked..........

My apologies. This prat commented on a certain person that he believes was a much maligned character. I should have realised the very name is synonymous with the devil incarnate in these politically correct days, conjuring up evil thoughts that should not be mentioned.
If you have had a thread removed about the aforesaid person I missed it. I realise Moderators have to be careful. So be it.

Must make my July resolution to be politically correct. Still my resolutions usually last about a day, so not to worry. Smile

Cameron and Clegg will hang on as long as it takes. It's the Lib/dem MP's that MIGHT cause any split but can you see them wanting to lose their 'jobs'.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next