Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Double dip!

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Double dip!

Post by Adele Carlyon on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:43 am

First topic message reminder :

And it's all Europe's fault! Well I suppose it makes a change from it being labours fault!
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Re: Double dip!

Post by Red Cat Woman on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:49 am

bobby wrote:Hello Emma. I dont know if you kmew the orrigin of the photo in your post, but here is the orriginal, and its of the KRAY Twins.

The photo was taken sometime in the 6o's by David Bailey. In comparison to.

These two, The Krays where thoroughly decent chaps

I did not know that at all Bobby, but can see it now. its great how people can now change pix like this in my view

Red Cat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:22 am

Trevor,

Aren't we being a little sceptical. After all the Banks always look after our money. Don't they?

oftenwrong,

Of course they do. As if it were their own!

An interesting article in the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/joris-luyendijk-banking-blog/2012/jun/18/executive-coach-finance-amoral-world

I'd also recommend reading:

Snakes in Suits - Paul Babiak and Robert Hare

The Psycopath Test - Jon Ronson

sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:47 am

Thanks Chip I will buy these books as they sound most interesting

I'd also recommend reading:

Snakes in Suits - Paul Babiak and Robert Hare

The Psycopath Test - Jon Ronson
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:37 pm

Double dip!

Now an accurate description of (Governor of the Bank of England) Mervyn King's face when giving an account of the Nation's financial prospects.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:24 am

oftenwrong wrote:Double dip!

Now an accurate description of (Governor of the Bank of England) Mervyn King's face when giving an account of the Nation's financial prospects.

I have a strong feeling that Mervyn's main job will be printing more cash for Gideon to give too the banking sector.

its my understand that Marvyn will soon be joining a print union as a full time member, as that has become his main job of late
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Mervyn King is likely to be recorded in history as the first Governor of The Bank of England who watered the whisky.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:00 am

When the coalition took office, the IMF had estimated the UK economy to grow by 2.6% in 2012, and backed Osborne's "plan A"

The IMF has now cut its growth forecast for 2013 by the same margin of 0.6% and now expects UK to grow by 1.4% next year. Britain’s downgrade was the largest of any major economies except for India in the IMF's World Economic Outlook update.

The IMF are just as bad at forecasting growth in the UK economy as Osborne is in creating it. Austerity measures are the top priority for the Tories, it enforces their ideology, whereas growth is of a secondary hopful outcome.
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:12 am

So the £billions about to be spent on upgrading the railways is a waste of time then? Is that classed as spending on infrastructure?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:50 am

tlttf wrote:So the £billions about to be spent on upgrading the railways is a waste of time then? Is that classed as spending on infrastructure?

The Government spokesperson who announced that railway spending rather gave the game away by adding that the cost would not appear on the Government's books.

It's all going to be charged to RAILTRACK. (Google it if you don't understand the significance. Railtrack's original source of income is the British Taxpayer).
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Considering the railway carriages are built in Germany, would that create jobs and assist growth here? Mad

In my book building infrastructure means, roads, hospitals, houses, schools.
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:36 am

Mel wrote:Considering the railway carriages are built in Germany, would that create jobs and assist growth here? Mad

In my book building infrastructure means, roads, hospitals, houses, schools.

Hi Mel
I could not agree more with you. we have been told that there is some £40 billion worth of infrastructure projects in the pipeline that looks impressive as Its is meant to. but are still not matched by actions at all. However, the Olympics shows what can be done in the Construction industry if its backed by the Government. but up to now its all been political rhetoric with no actions.
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:12 am

In my book building infrastructure means, roads, hospitals, houses, schools

They would probably be built by migrant workers who will work for less and then send most of their cash back home

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:25 am

blueturando wrote:
In my book building infrastructure means, roads, hospitals, houses, schools

They would probably be built by migrant workers who will work for less and then send most of their cash back home

But your government is not building anything of note right now.

Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum