Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?

Post by Stox 16 on Fri May 04, 2012 3:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Well done Ed and all the labour Party. welcome home to our new Councils.

Hi Ivan, can we please keep this as a new topic on its own? as its interesting to get as many views on this as we can? as this is a water mark election in my view.

Now the Lib/Dem have lost about 40% the seats they are fighting with the Tories lossing 1 in 3 seats with turnout at around 33% and given the weather is not so Bad. as overall its been an amazing night for the Labour party.. so forgetting the Ken and Doris vote as that has become more personal than anything else. will tonight's results see an out brake of Tory infighting? where does this leave the coalition government at this point? as what is very interesting and pleasing for me is the coalition government is bleeding votes in its Southern heart land with Labour picking up votes in this Tory heart land tonight. The share of the vote in the english county election without the London and Scotland. so far share of the vote is as follows. Labour 39% Tory 31% Lib Dem 16% Others 14%, this is 13% up on the last time these seat where up for election with the Lib Dems dipping under 3,000 councillors for the first time in the History of there party.

Other fact that has become very clear tonight is the days of parties getting shares of the vote like Tony Blair had in 1997 are over. As for the very first time its very clear that the Right wing vote is now split. this was not the case in 1997, so Government's could find themselves elected with shares of the vote in just the night 30% mark and winning power.

Norwich Council
Harlow Council
Norwich Council
Oxford Council
Reading Council
Great Yarmouth Council
Southampton Council
Ipswich Council
Derby Council
Exeter Council
Newport Council
Merthyr Council
Lincoln Council
Birmingham Council
Plymouth Council

SO WHAT IS YOUR READING OF THIS LOCAL ELECTION RESULT SO FAR?

ITS THIS A GAME CHANGING VOTE? I THINK IT IS JUST THAT?

[i][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Re: Well done, Labour! Will these results see the start of Tory in-fighting?

Post by Redflag on Sun May 06, 2012 7:15 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:Are any of you worried about the tories doing what their disgruntled voters want, and lurching even further to the right? Coz I sure as hell am! If all these cuts start to go further I'll probably end up on the streets!

If they do go more to the right they will be writing their own suicide note, what we are getting right now is more than enough of the right wingers Adele do you really think the people of the UK would put up with any more Austerity?

Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Sun May 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Adele, I think Red is correct. Herr Cameron can not take the Government any further to the right. The only thing holding this Government in place is the cowardice of the Lib-Dems, and Herr Cameron know that if he does lurch further to the right, he will lose their support and power, the Conservatives as you know cannot Govern alone. Herr Cameron will I believe continue with what he is doing, till he gets his well earned backstabbing and is replaced by another Rat.
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon on Sun May 06, 2012 9:31 pm

I wonder will Boris the Buffoon replace him?

I read earlier that he's already backtracking on gay marriage and reform of the lords, just to appease the raving right.
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 on Sun May 06, 2012 10:28 pm

It's nice to know that it only takes 46 Tory MP's to get rid of Camoron.....

I wonder how many real voters it would take to get rid of him?
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Sun May 06, 2012 11:20 pm

bobby and Red.. Quote bobby " Herr Cameron know that if he does lurch further to the right, he will lose their support and power, the Conservatives as you know cannot Govern alone."

Camer-con will definately lurch further to the right and Adele is right to be worried. Unless his arse licker Clegg is removed (which I doubt) then there is no way that they will bring down the government. Glegg, Gideon and Camer-con are as stubborn as mules. Therefore be prepared to batten down the hatches or emigrate.
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by LWS on Sun May 06, 2012 11:39 pm

bobby wrote:Adele, I think Red is correct. Herr Cameron can not take the Government any further to the right. The only thing holding this Government in place is the cowardice of the Lib-Dems, and Herr Cameron know that if he does lurch further to the right, he will lose their support and power, the Conservatives as you know cannot Govern alone. Herr Cameron will I believe continue with what he is doing, till he gets his well earned backstabbing and is replaced by another Rat.

Now apart from BJ who will be Cameron's Brutus (back stabber). They will be forming a queue to fulfull that role!
LWS

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Mon May 07, 2012 11:28 am

Adele Carlyon wrote:I wonder will Boris the Buffoon replace him?

I read earlier that he's already backtracking on gay marriage and reform of the lords, just to appease the raving right.

That will not be the only backtracking that Doris will do Adele, just remember this post and see if Im not right (no Im a lefty) sorry for that.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Tue May 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Today Camer-con and the saffron blue self serving Clegg are to have another "love in" together to attempt to apease a very disgruntled public.

Ed on the other hand has played a clever card to take the limelight by taking questions from a section of the residents of Harlow in Essex today.

I watched Ed this morning doing his stuff in shirtsleves, answering questions in a calm intelligent and relaxed way. His confidence is high and he has now on this performance satsified me and I am certain many thousands who were watching that he is not only a fair and caring man, but a confident leader in a very quiet yet strong way.
Anybody who doubted his ability to govern have been silenced. I am sure we have the next PM in the making.

What a contrast to the blusterous arrogant bastard that we have so inadvertantly obtained via hoodwinked public (now sorry and suffering) voters.
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando on Tue May 08, 2012 1:56 pm

I think that part of the reason for a low turn out for Tory supporters was that, like blueturando they now realise they were totaly taken in by a pack of lies over Tory policies. but these Tories couldnt bring themselves to vote for anyone else, so simply stayed at home. Then no matter what the result, they can say in true Tory fashion, It wasn't my fault..

Bobby.....You, I and everyone knows that many supporters of ALL parties abstain from voting if they're not happy with their own parties perfomance or policies.....or are you trying to tell me that doesn't happen with Labour supporters?

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 on Tue May 08, 2012 2:46 pm

[quote="bobby Your not Liverfool by any chance Trev. Yup. Waaah. Smile
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Tue May 08, 2012 4:04 pm

blueturando, If you read my post correctly, I said "part of the reason for the low turn out for Tory suporters" I said nothing about the Labour turnout, and the reason for that is "enough Labout voters did turn out to give you Tories a drubbing worst than any of you, or us imagined, so nothing neede to be said about the Labour vote as the final figures speak for them selves, Anyway if more people came out to vote, the misserable Coalition parties would have even more to cry over.
So please if you want to pick a fight, get your facts strait.
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Tue May 08, 2012 5:35 pm

bobby wrote:blueturando, If you read my post correctly, I said "part of the reason for the low turn out for Tory suporters" I said nothing about the Labour turnout, and the reason for that is "enough Labout voters did turn out to give you Tories a drubbing worst than any of you, or us imagined, so nothing neede to be said about the Labour vote as the final figures speak for them selves, Anyway if more people came out to vote, the misserable Coalition parties would have even more to cry over.
So please if you want to pick a fight, get your facts strait.

Your quite right bobby, I stood with my Labour candidate for the council and thats all I heard from the people sending a message to Scam..er..on and Clegg and even got some saying it was also a message for wee eck they are fed up of hearing about the referendum, what's happened Blue your normally a very hones Tory.

Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando on Wed May 09, 2012 1:22 am

blueturando, If you read my post correctly, I said "part of the reason for the low turn out for Tory suporters" I said nothing about the Labour turnout, and the reason for that is "enough Labout voters did turn out to give you Tories a drubbing worst than any of you, or us imagined, so nothing neede to be said about the Labour vote as the final figures speak for them selves, Anyway if more people came out to vote, the misserable Coalition parties would have even more to cry over.
So please if you want to pick a fight, get your facts strait

So Bobby.....Do you think a lot of Labour supporters switched sides and voted Tory in the 2008 council elections, or did they just not vote....In effect saying 'It's not my fault'

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Wed May 09, 2012 11:02 am

Ivan is so right when he has said that the BBC is running scared of Camer-con and Co. Yesterday's News At Ten initially gave the two twins joined at the hip Dave and Nick act at least 8mins of their pathetic attempt to explain why they have failed so badly in government.
The excuses were as pathetic as the (hand picked) audience of the Tractor plant's workers questions. Only when the media were brought in to ask questions (only two were allowed) did the questions become a little more difficult for the two clowns to answer properly. Ed Milliband's session in Harlow was given ten seconds only.

I quickly turned over to ITV News and they had started their News with the 9 filthy bastards convicted of prostituting 13yr old girls. ITV News then went on to show the two clowns making their excuses for no more than 60 seconds and the same time was afforded to Ed.
This confirms Ivan is correct in what he says about BBC bias.

I missed the 7oclock Cannel 4 News which is normally fair in it's political broadcasting.
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon on Wed May 09, 2012 11:10 am

I don't watch the BBC news anymore. They are so biased that they make me sick! It's quite shameful that all the people of a country pay a fee to them , yet they're only representing a minority of people as far as their reporting is concerned! Piggin bunch of wusses! Mad
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Wed May 09, 2012 11:29 am

Blue. In 2008 Britain was in the throws of the then new Global Banking Crisis. People tend to blame the Government of the day for any thing that doesn’t suit them individually, plus ( I will risk being called a bleeding Brother) the constant accusation from the then Opposition and their tame mate Murdoch that everything was Gordon Brown’s fault and that Labour are the disciples of the Devil. Because of the damage looming and the constant scaremongering done by Herr Cameron and Co, the disgruntled public either stayed at home, or changed their allegiance, if I recall UKIP did better than expected because they got some crumbs from the table by way of protest votes. Had your David Cameron played as Fairly then, as Ed Miliband has in last weeks election, I honestly think the result of the 2008 elections would have been a whole different story.
I know you will disagree with all I have said, but quite frankly my dear I don’t give a phuck, sorry I mean Damn.
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Wed May 09, 2012 11:32 am

I returned from an enjoyable week or so in the desolation of the Applecross Peninsula and similar wildernesses of Scotland ,to see the Prime Minister and his favourite friend , hand-in-hand, visiting a tractor factory in Essex.

It would appear that Clegg is still more than content to have Cameron place a broomstick up his bottom and be covered in a sweet syrup to have the Deputy PM lick him willingly like a toffee apple.

It all looks horribly skin-crawling and makes the two love-birds seem foolish and like two schoolgirls joined at the hip. All of this adds up to a rather splendid picture which can only emphasise even more - as if any such emphasis were needed - that here we have, at the helm, at couple of complete and utter arses. What cracking fun. More, much more...! cheers
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder on Wed May 09, 2012 11:55 am

Well it does make a change for The Beeb to be accused of been pro tory or anti labour, for the last few years it has been those on the right of British politics who have accused the Beeb of been totaly the opposite, which I think unveils the truth.

What I do believe is that The Beeb could be running scared, the present government have piled on the preasure, forcing the Beeb to reduce services, cut funding, cut staff and used veiled threats of partial privatization, the Beeb could be in a very difficult position, but I do not for one second believe the Beeb is pro Tory or Labour.

In recent weeks I have seen various commentators and interviewers on the Beeb give the government a thorough going over, at times its been almost embarrassing on Question Time for example.

My own personal opinion is that no other TV news can come close to the quality of the Beeb, and I do not just mean in this country, I mean anywhere in the world.

witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Wed May 09, 2012 12:50 pm

witchfinder. Quote "What I do believe is that The Beeb could be running scared, the present government have piled on the preasure, forcing the Beeb to reduce services, cut funding, cut staff and used veiled threats of partial privatization, the Beeb could be in a very difficult position, but I do not for one second believe the Beeb is pro Tory or Labour."

That my friend just about sums it up, hence their forced leaning towards the Tory dominated government. No doubt they want to be seen to be impartial as they should but as you say they run scared.

Mind you Nick Robinson had better watch his step as he's the only one telling the truth and the Tories don't like the truth.
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon on Wed May 09, 2012 3:10 pm

There have been protests up and down the country against what this shower of shites were hell bent on doing to our NHS. Now unless I missed it, they have not covered any of the demo's nor has question time had one single question on the NHS in recent months. I think they are complicit with the gov in covering up things that are going to show the tories up for what they are, and I'm not alone in thinking this. I was hooked to the BBC news all the time, but now they can go and tickle. I don't read anything online from them anymore, and I'm weaning myself off BBC tv as well.
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Wed May 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:I don't watch the BBC news anymore. They are so biased that they make me sick! It's quite shameful that all the people of a country pay a fee to them , yet they're only representing a minority of people as far as their reporting is concerned! Piggin bunch of wusses! Mad

Adele do not be so hard on the BBC, they have been threatened by this shower of BACKSTUDS that if they do not tow the line the gov't will FRAGMENT the entire BBC, why do you think this shower FROZE the TV License not for our benefit but to show the BBC what they are prepared to do to stop them from reporting the truth I also think that their investigative reporters are being HANDCUFFED so as not to turn up any Tory party Sleaze thank god for the Guardian and other papers that are prepared to tell it like it is.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon on Wed May 09, 2012 3:40 pm

Well I won't feel quite so bad if that's what is really happening I suppose. And yes, thank heavens for the guardian!

ok, I'll cut them some slack...here's Dennis Skinner courtesy of the beeb.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip on Wed May 09, 2012 5:26 pm

It was good to see Ed Miliband and Dave Cameron having a nice affable chinwag today........isn't it nice to see that they can get along so well together!?

Perhaps Ed's just keeping his enemies close - though I doubt it.
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Wed May 09, 2012 6:16 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:Well I won't feel quite so bad if that's what is really happening I suppose. And yes, thank heavens for the guardian!

ok, I'll cut them some slack...here's Dennis Skinner courtesy of the beeb.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Do you also know that Dennis does not employ any staff he answers all his mail and does everything himself, my treat every Wednesday at PMQs when the speaker invites him to stand and ask his question and as always is true to himself and calls a spade a spade, but Scam..er..on SMUG ARROGANT BACKSTUD, picks on our Dennis at every chance he get has even suggested that he retire, but we all know that is Scam..er..ons Style insult some one that can not walk up and punch him in the mouth I would like to give Scam..er..on a warning do not be too sure of yourself our Dennis has been suspended from the H.O. C for a lot less than taking a swing at some one that has been asking for it for over TWO YEARS.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Wed May 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:I returned from an enjoyable week or so in the desolation of the Applecross Peninsula and similar wildernesses of Scotland ....

So much easier to arrange, now that Shearings and Wallace Arnold are the same Company, don't you agree?
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Wed May 09, 2012 9:24 pm

oftenwrong wrote:
Phil Hornby wrote:I returned from an enjoyable week or so in the desolation of the Applecross Peninsula and similar wildernesses of Scotland ....

So much easier to arrange, now that Shearings and Wallace Arnold are the same Company, don't you agree?

Shocked Coach travel has never been attractive to me, since the legroom is too limited and one never knows how many blue-rinse Tories one may have to tolerate in a small space . For me it is the joy of rail and the excellent East Coast Highland Chieftain service from Kings Cross to Inverness, and then a hire car (although the Bealach na Ba, the Mam Ratigan Pass and the steep and sharp bends of Inverpolly are not roads with which to trifle).

By the way, it wasn't you who rather noisily brought your bike onto the train on that local service into London was it, ow...? Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Wed May 09, 2012 10:31 pm

Certainly not! I haven't been able to balance on a bicycle since Millenium Night. The tablets simply don't work any more, as you may have noticed yourself.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 on Wed May 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Phil Hornby quote Coach travel has never been attractive to me, since the legroom is too limited and one never knows how many blue-rinse Tories one may have to tolerate in a small space . For

My personal problem with coach trouble is the constant stopping to change horses Crying or Very sad
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Wed May 09, 2012 11:37 pm

Hello Trev. Well done for getting your own back

afro ee dey don do it like da in da der London do dey.
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Thu May 10, 2012 7:32 am

Phil Hornby wrote:
oftenwrong wrote:

Shocked Coach travel has never been attractive to me, since the legroom is too limited and one never knows how many blue-rinse Tories one may have to tolerate in a small space . For me it is the joy of rail and the excellent East Coast Highland Chieftain service from Kings Cross to Inverness, and then a hire car (although the Bealach na Ba, the Mam Ratigan Pass and the steep and sharp bends of Inverpolly are not roads with which to trifle).

By the way, it wasn't you who rather noisily brought your bike onto the train on that local service into London was it, ow...? Very Happy

Your being too unkind to coach traveller's PH, Im a regular coach traveller I enjoy it and its part of the holiday and before you start Im not part of the blue rinse brigade and nor are my fellow traveller's, by going by coach it helps in the cost of holidays I was in Cambridge for a Christmas holiday by coach had a great time so do not knock coach holidays until you have tried one. cheers
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad on Thu May 10, 2012 11:02 am

I know we are a bit off topic slightley, i have travelled a lot on coach holidays all over the continent and never ever inquired about my fellow travellers political bent. Saves a lot of arguments and you can just enjoy each others company, never knew whether they were Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, or any other colour of the rainbow. Leg room as been quite a problem though on these long journeys even though you have over night stops. Now coach holidays in Britain you usually reach your destination in a few hours with a couple of stops for toilet breaks. I have stopped the European coach travel though, if your destination is Rome, it's quicker and easier if you fly, especialy if you are getting on a bit. All the travelling by coach I found out was to much time consuming and when you get to my age, time is something you haven't got to waste.
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Thu May 10, 2012 5:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Thu May 10, 2012 5:31 pm

oftenwrong wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Got to admit OW there is nothing to beat a cup of coffee first thing in the morning.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip on Thu May 10, 2012 6:35 pm

I see Ed and his party have put the full weight of their support behind strikers today...........
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Thu May 10, 2012 7:02 pm

" The tablets simply don't work any more, as you may have noticed yourself."

Oh, so they're tablets!

I was told that Nurse was giving me Polo Mints... Shocked

And, of course, I apologise to the coach-travelling fraternity hereabouts. I shall make sure I book a trip just as soon as I feel like the luxury of spending three or four hours static on the M25 ... Crying or Very sad
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Thu May 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Ah yes, the M25. London's cordon sanitaire.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Thu May 10, 2012 7:20 pm

And don't forget the sicky bag Phil. Those blue rinse Tories make me throw up. Very Happy
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Sun May 20, 2012 11:14 am

Mel wrote:And don't forget the sicky bag Phil. Those blue rinse Tories make me throw up. Very Happy

I do not meet any blue rinse Tories on my coach trips Mel, but then Im in Scotland and at the moment there are more Pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs. lol!
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Sun May 20, 2012 9:10 pm

" at the moment there are more Pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

The Scots were always wiser than the rest of us Red.
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 on Mon May 21, 2012 4:06 am

Mel wrote:" at the moment there are more Pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

The Scots were always wiser than the rest of us Red.

That's true Mel, but Maggot was like some agent provocateur, as she did use Scotland as some sort of Right wing experiment. in fact I can always still remember her trips up to Scotland in the 1980s. always reminded me of Adolf Hitlers one and only trip to Paris after its fall in 1940. as everyone up there looks as happy as the French looked in the 1940s film. mind you they did both believe in social engineering of the citizens of both France and Scotland alike. the only real difference is Maggot never quite got around to shooting the Scots like he did with the French. I happen to think i remember Maggot going up to Scotland in wearing some tartan kilt and giving this speech as to how lucky they was to be having her experimental poll tax used on them first and she was quite surprised by the fact they was not best pleased by this great news. not that i blamed them at the time. as they had the poll tax a whole year before we did down here. So I am sure the Scots will be dead gutted by her death when it comes. ha ha

Pixs of Maggots Scotland in the 1980s from may photo scrap book

Maggot man in Scotland in the 1980s

Maggots Poll Tax in Scotland was such a big hit in the 1980s, as you can see they just loved it.

The Golden year of 1986 in Scotland. Look how happy everyone was.

Yes its Maggot tell the Scottish Tory party the great news about there coming poll tax, mind you she was inside a hall at the time with 300 police looking after her.

Private Scottish Engineering Manufacturing in Clydebank after Maggot refused to help them.

HAPPY MEMORIES FOR MANY TORIES IN THE SOUTH EAST OF ENGLAND. THE GOLDEN YEARS THEY CALL THEM. [b]
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 on Mon May 21, 2012 5:35 am

Still there was lots of police overtime with Maggot was in power. The UK has so much to be thankful for after Maggots time. plus she did leave us the makes of the UK banking crisis after she had her big bang in the city of London. with her deregulation of the financial sector with the words she was cutting red tap.

hang on? who else has just said he will be cutting red tap? o yes that is right Cameron. so wonder what photos there will be after he has cut his red tap? Still just like Maggot said at the time.... This a whole new economy for us in the UK.... Out with the old failing companies and in with the new service sector that we can all share in?

wonder if us all being in it together as we now pay of banking gambling debt is what she had in store for us.
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum