Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes?

+26
LWS
astradt1
boatlady
Ivan
Redflag
Mel
stuart torr
Penderyn
Dan Fante
Bellatori
ghost whistler
blueturando
methought
Shirina
Tosh
bobby
witchfinder
Ivanhoe
Stox 16
betty.noire
sickchip
astra
Phil Hornby
trevorw2539
Adele Carlyon
tlttf
30 posters

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 7 Empty Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes?

Post by oftenwrong Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Depressing, isn't it? All the miserable gits can come up with is oppression of the poor and fear of the disadvantaged. Never mind, here's something that can make us all feel better about the human race - even if it does have to include Cameron and Company .........

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/pictures-that-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes?

Post by witchfinder Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:45 pm

Are we approaching interesting times, even exciting times ?, with the countdown underway to the European elections and the inevitable post mortem on the results which will ensue, will a real bitter in-fight break out in the Tory party. ?

If the results do turn out to be bad, or even disasterous for the Tories, will many sitting MPs begin to fear for their survival in a years time, with Labour currently 5 to 6 points ahead and UKIP breathing down Camerons neck, will there be a challenge on Cameron before its all too late - an attempted coup to move the Tories further right and more Eurosceptic.

Well lets hope so

witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes?

Post by oftenwrong Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:53 pm

Today's newspapers suggest that we will be at war with Russia soon anyway, Witchfinder. Happy Days!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:19 pm

I just hope that you OW and WF have got this one very wrong, because this would not be like any other war nuclear weapons would be used I think.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:32 pm

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0UdB63-fZO9iCBKl0z4QNtT6zR2s0xKw3qoUQt1QbynXQVZ3UQw( independent)

" This Ukraine business is very serious - it could take Harriet Harman off the front page of the Daily Mail..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:51 am

Stupidity at its worst that is Davy boys smear of Harriet Harmon on the pages of the Daily Fail, they have to SCRAPE the bottom of the barrel for there stories, I can only imagine the stories that have been hushed up by the Tories when the electorate fling the Tories & Fib-Dems out on their ear in May 2015.   That will be a read and a half and most Tories will have to head for the Hills. cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:58 am

IVAN it will always be the same its OK for the rich and elite to dodge and avoid tax, whereas if we are made redundant or dodge our fare because in reality we can not afford it, we should be dragged before the courts and the book thrown at us.

That is why after May 2015 I would want to get a few of the Tories in front of a Judge, IBS for murder and Inhumanity to his fellow man, Landsly & Chunt for privatizing OUR NHS Piggy Pickles for cutting Labour party councils more than Tory ones plus he has aided & abetted the rest of the Tory front bench to cause pain and suffering on the UK public. Mad 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:48 am

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:51 pm

We may be getting control of our Pensions. How soon will we also be offered the opportunity of taking complete control of our Health provision?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:18 pm

oftenwrong wrote:We may be getting control of our Pensions.  How soon will we also be offered the opportunity of taking complete control of our Health provision?

You have a good point there OW and I am sorry to say one I never thought of, what those people with pension pots do not realize they will have to pay for there care in later years all of it did they really think Diddy Giddy would give them something in his budget FOOLS Nor did they realize that it will not be Diddy Giddy that will be burdened with the fall out from this so called budget give-away, for those that blow there PP or are cheated out of it by banks or any of the other financial sector who ever is in power will be left with that headache of cleaning up the mess, or maybe he did knowing it will be a long while before the Tories are voted back into power "If Ever" it will be or could be Labour or a Labour coalition. headbang pokenest 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:07 pm

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:19 am

Your poster says it all IVAN yes we are fighting one another, because we allowed to Tories to divide and conquer those in work with those that Davy boy flung on the dole the strong against those that are disabled sick & vulnerable and we the people of the UK allowed him to get away with it.

I remember when the Poll tax was brought in We Never Stood For That, instead we stood shoulder to shoulder until Thatcher stopped it and brought in something a BIT fairer Council Tax.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:32 pm

Unbelievable. “When rape is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it”, said the thick, insensitive moron called Barbara Driver, who is a Tory councillor in Cheltenham. No doubt women are also supposed to “enjoy” the injuries they suffer from rape, which are always psychological and often physical.

Driver has made an apology (I don’t know if it took longer than 32 seconds), so that's the end of the matter. After all, she is a Tory.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-councillor-barbara-driver-apologises-for-when-rape-is-inevitable-lie-back-and-enjoy-it-comment-9256177.html
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:38 pm

While this woman is a typical Tory who cares not a jot for anything which 'happens to other people' and affects them detrimentally, the real culprits will be those who vote for her next time round. And there will be many who are more than content to see her back in office, because she is only talking about those 'other people' and not matters which they perceive will ever happen to them.

It is what makes the Tory a Tory - a capacity for sheer contempt for the 'ordinary' man and woman and their burdens...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Ivan wrote:Unbelievable. “When rape is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it”, said the thick, insensitive moron called Barbara Driver, who is a Tory councillor in Cheltenham. No doubt women are also supposed to “enjoy” the injuries they suffer from rape, which are always psychological and often physical.

Driver has made an apology (I don’t know if it took longer than 32 seconds), so that's the end of the matter. After all, she is a Tory.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-councillor-barbara-driver-apologises-for-when-rape-is-inevitable-lie-back-and-enjoy-it-comment-9256177.html

IVAN you should remember this same nasty piece of stupidity was brought out during the Thacher gov't, I remember how I felt when I heard it as a young women they even gave instructions on how to handle the terrible situation. I think it was around the early 1980s I hope you can check this out and prove to the UK just how really VILE & NASTY Torries are. Embarassed 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:57 pm

The only culture the Tories worship is greed, the only art they respect is that of deception

Extracts from an article by Brian Reade:-

Maria Miller’s resignation letter ran to way past 300 words. Culture wasn’t in the text (although she did manage to squeeze a “cultural” past her tears of self-serving, self-pity). She was as visible in the arts world as a stage extra in the rear end of a panto horse. According to arts journalists, not only did Miller not care about culture, she didn’t pretend to care. She gave only one speech of note, in which she said arts funding should be based on “the economic benefits” it brings.

Not that Cameron cared. Look who he’s made the new culture secretary. Sajid Javid, an investment banker whose favourite leisure activity is “taking my time over a smooth cigar”, whose only known artistic passion is Star Trek and who fervently believes in ticket touts because they “fill a gap in the market”. Now there’s a culture vulture to inspire a new generation of artistic talent. It’s all about “the market” with this mob, isn’t it?

If Britain wants to stymie artistic talent, elect a PM who is so paranoid about his privileged background he’ll put unsuitable ministers in charge of the arts, so long as they tick the gender and ethnic boxes that make him look inclusive. And those ministers will take the job and do the cuts if it gets them up the greasy pole, grabbing whatever their mitts can plunder along the way. As the Miller’s tale shows, we’ve become a nation of philistines, encouraged to worship only one culture: Greed.

For the whole article:-
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/only-culture-tories-worship-greed-3402251
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:55 am

Interesting piece - thanks for sharing
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:08 pm

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:17 pm

What a surprise!  Caring nothing for the troubles of others , the likes of this slimy Tory will only sit up and take notice when he himself suffers the privations he was willing to inflict on others.

A golden opportunity for Ed Miliband to highlight such hypocrisy - but will he take it and ram it down the throats of the Tory vermin?

I think we know the answer...      Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Does he really need to, though?
It's clear that the current government has stopped caring about how they are perceived by ordinary people - maybe it's appropriate to just stay quiet and let them condemn themselves out of their own mouths
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:20 pm

Opposition by silence doesn't seem to me to be an especially likely vote-winner, but that must be the Miliband Master Plan.
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:15 pm

I don't know - I've never led a political party (or anything else, if it comes to that) - but looking at all the stuff on Twitter etc, it does rather seem a person could look a bit shrill commenting on all the Tory misdemeanors - maybe a more dignified and statesmanlike course might be to refrain from case by case comments - which can end up looking like ad hominem attacks - and stick to making the odd effective intervention (like the vote on Syria or the constant reiteration of the stuff about equality) while letting the other side shoot themselves in the foot as this lot so time and again

boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:26 pm

How the present Shower of shit are perceived is down to what information is in the public domain for all to see and pass judgement on. If the public hear or see very little opposition from the Labour party they will think 1, the Government have done nothing wrong or 2 they don't really want to be in power and are quite happy to see this Tory Government continue its assault on the poor?.
To be in opposition means you should oppose if not, whats the bloody point of having them.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:52 pm

I'm sure you know what I think of Nigel Evans from my post above. However, he's been portrayed in the media as a victim who spent all his life savings (believe that if you like) defending himself, after the wicked CPS brought a frivolous case against him. If Ed Miliband waded into that, he would be accused of playing party politics with an innocent man and it could well backfire on him.

If Twitter is anything to go by, much of the support for Evans after he was acquitted last week has turned into anger at his double standards over legal aid. I think Labour can afford to leave this issue well alone.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:04 am

Miliband Destroys Cameron at PMQs

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 7 9k=(times)
" I'm not going to ask the Prime Minister any questions today, Mr Speaker, as...er... I don't want to appear political..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:08 pm

Ivan wrote:I'm sure you know what I think of Nigel Evans from my post above. However, he's been portrayed in the media as a victim who spent all his life savings (believe that if you like) defending himself, after the wicked CPS brought a frivolous case against him. If Ed Miliband waded into that, he would be accused of playing party politics with an innocent man and it could well backfire on him.

If Twitter is anything to go by, much of the support for Evans after he was acquitted last week has turned into anger at his double standards over legal aid. I think Labour can afford to leave this issue well alone.

What I am putting on here IVAN is an excerpt from todays Daily Mirror. " MP IN EVANS CASE VILIFIED BY FELLOW TORIES" Tory MP Sarah Wollaston said she has been "shocked by the rank hostility" She spoke out as it emerged Tory MP David Davis is throwing a party to celebrate Mr Evans being cleared on sex charges. Ms Wollaston makes no suggestion that Mr Davis has criticised her, but other MPs have demanded I apologise the Totnes MP said she was right to take the complaint to the Commons speaker John Bercow and pass contact numbers for police to them. And she slammed politicians who ignore harassment of Commons staff, which has been revealed in the wake of the Evans case. She said "The people who have questions to answer are those who have for so long turned a blind eye.

Could this be another nail in the coffin of this Tory gov't because this proves to the UK public that this is DEFINITELY proof that the Tories think there is one law for us and another for them.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:10 pm

The thing about Evans that strikes me (taking into account that may well be innocent) is that, if it was such an open and shut case, why did he have to hire such an expensive legal team? He made the choice in hiring the team that were so successful in getting him off as he was free to do so. I also believe I'm right in thinking that the judge could have chosen to award Evans costs if the judge thought it was proper to do so. I may be wrong on that but, if that's the case, it rather serves to disprove Evans' claims about the charges against him and the subsequent trial being spurious.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:39 pm

Dan Fante. The CPS felt that Evans had a case to answer and that there was a stronger than 50% chance of a conviction. However, the jurors decided unanimously that the evidence against Evans didn’t show that he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt. (We don’t have the luxury of being able to return a ‘not proven’ verdict, as I believe they can in Scotland.)

As you say, if the case against Evans was absurd, why did he need expensive lawyers? A man of his intelligence could probably have conducted his own defence. Whether or not he was guilty, he certainly left himself open to these kinds of allegations. He has a reputation for drinking heavily and flirting with young men; he admitted having sex with a 22-year-old (Evans was 55 at the time), but claimed that it was consensual. I think you’re correct in saying that judges have the discretion to award costs to the defence, but that may now be restricted because of the cuts which the Tories have made to the legal aid bill – which Evans himself thought was too expensive.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:25 pm

I suspect the CPS were in a damned if they do, damned if they don't scenario post-Jimmy Savile / Operation Yewtree.
And, even taking the middle ground, he could've had a less expensive legal team rather than defending himself.
Also, I did actually think that the decision not to award costs would have been influenced by guidelines given to judges, which would (of course) have to take into account the cost cutting measures the current government have implemented. What sweet irony. Our friend Nigel can at least now get an idea of what 'all in this together' actually means in reality.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:56 pm

In our adversarial Court System, it is customary for learned counsel to be equal in status on both sides. Accordingly, if the Prosecution has instructed Silk, then the Defence will follow suit.

As to a Defendant presenting his own case, this is sometimes described as "having a fool for a client".
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Ivan wrote:Dan Fante. The CPS felt that Evans had a case to answer and that there was a stronger than 50% chance of a conviction. However, the jurors decided unanimously that the evidence against Evans didn’t show that he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt. (We don’t have the luxury of being able to return a ‘not proven’ verdict, as I believe they can in Scotland.)

As you say, if the case against Evans was absurd, why did he need expensive lawyers? A man of his intelligence could probably have conducted his own defence. Whether or not he was guilty, he certainly left himself open to these kinds of allegations. He has a reputation for drinking heavily and flirting with young men; he admitted having sex with a 22-year-old (Evans was 55 at the time), but claimed that it was consensual. I think you’re correct in saying that judges have the discretion to award costs to the defence, but that may now be restricted because of the cuts which the Tories have made to the legal aid bill – which Evans himself thought was too expensive.

There is another way to look at this Ivan, why did not one of the Tory MPs who in a previous life was a Lawyer/Solicitor that could of saved him his life savings which he is moning about ( I myself do not believe him because like the rest of the Tory MPs he will have made a packet in the last FOUR YEARS)

Ivan your assumption is correct here in Scotland we do have that "NOT PROVEN" verdict although I am certain I have heard that Salmond is trying to do away with it.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:53 pm

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:01 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:What a surprise!  Caring nothing for the troubles of others , the likes of this slimy Tory will only sit up and take notice when he himself suffers the privations he was willing to inflict on others.

A golden opportunity for Ed Miliband to highlight such hypocrisy - but will he take it and ram it down the throats of the Tory vermin?

I think we know the answer...      Shocked

If it was up to me PH how the Tories where made to suffer it would not be the loss of Legal Aid, something a bit nastier that lasted for many years by the time I was done with them they would wish they had NEVER BEEN BORN lol! lol! 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:37 pm

con·ceit·ed [kuhn-see-tid]

adjective

having an excessively favorable opinion of one's abilities, appearance, etc.

Synonyms
1. vain, proud, egotistical, self-important, self-satisfied.
2. Conservative MP

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:52 pm

lol! 
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:-
Opposition by silence doesn't seem to me to be an especially likely vote-winner, but that must be the Miliband Master Plan.
Apparently, Fraser Nelson of 'The Spectator' is prepared to bet £1,000 with anyone that Labour will win the general election in May next year. Do you feel like taking him on??  
afraid
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:24 pm

Why would anyone be prepared to take Mr Nelson's cash and add to his disappointment of seeing Labour out of power for another 5 years?

Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:08 pm

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:44 pm

Tory default position:

Don't do as I do - do as I say!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:22 am

Mark Hoban - so what?

Just one more piece of shit amongst a whole barrow load of it...      Crying or Very sad
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:10 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:Mark Hoban - so what?

Just one more piece of shit amongst a whole barrow load of it...      Crying or Very sad

So what your saying PH is that Tory TURDS are PLAYING THE SYSTEM but have the bare faced cheek to accuse the rest of the UK of that crime.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 19  Next