Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes?

+26
LWS
astradt1
boatlady
Ivan
Redflag
Mel
stuart torr
Penderyn
Dan Fante
Bellatori
ghost whistler
blueturando
methought
Shirina
Tosh
bobby
witchfinder
Ivanhoe
Stox 16
betty.noire
sickchip
astra
Phil Hornby
trevorw2539
Adele Carlyon
tlttf
30 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 17 Empty Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes?

Post by oftenwrong Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Depressing, isn't it? All the miserable gits can come up with is oppression of the poor and fear of the disadvantaged. Never mind, here's something that can make us all feel better about the human race - even if it does have to include Cameron and Company .........

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/pictures-that-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 17 Empty Re: Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes?

Post by bobby Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Redflag said: "Bobby what in hells name do you think Davy boy & (C)hunt are doing at the moment to the NHS"

I know exactly what these two rattlesnakes are doing, but I see mass resignations by the Junior Doctors as an act of suicide for the NHS.
Working to rule i.e. not doing overtime, adhering to health and safety rules no matter how petty, if they happen to work late because they are in the middle of dealing with a Patient, take time off in lieu as opposed to overtime payment. The NHS as many other organisations rely on the good will of their employees to go the extra yard, if that practice stopped it would put massive pressure on the Hospitals plus the Junior Doctors would still be earning a wage and would be able to stay with the NHS.

bobby

Back to top Go down

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 17 Empty Re: Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes?

Post by Redflag Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:57 am

I agree bobby this is another way to bring pressure on the (C)hunt & Davy boy, but they will still ENFORCE this contract on the Jnr doctors that was the real reason for the doctors strike.

I still think a bit of BLUFF would give the (C)hunt & Davy boy a nice dose of DIARROHEA.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:13 pm

A point I forgot to make Red, with a work to rule and the fact the Jr Doctors well still be earning a wage would mean the industrial action could last indefinitely.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:10 am

Bobby it will not stop the (C)hunt & Davy boy from bringing the new contract whether or not the Jnr doctors sign that contract, which forces our doctors to work more hours for less money so your work to rule would be no good.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:02 pm

A Tory-run council is spending thousands of pounds running a fleet of luxury cars, while pushing through cuts to children’s services

From an article by Jason Beattie and Dan Bloom:-

Westminster council spent £90,000 on a Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph for the mayor and other local bigwigs. It has also splashed out nearly £30,000 in the last three years on leasing a top-of-the-range Audi for council use. The council spent £11,800 last year on the upkeep, congestion charge fees and fuel costs for the two chauffeur-driven vehicles.

The details, released under a Freedom of Information request, came as the local authority is set to axe nearly 50 play workers and support staff as part of cuts to youth services. The staff, who provide after school activities for hundreds of children, could lose their jobs under plans to save £320,000 over the next two years from the children’s centres, youth provision and play provision budgets.

Labour MP Karen Buck, Labour MP for Westminster North, said the council had got its priorities wrong: “They pay £160,000 on private health care for senior staff and can find cash for a Rolls Royce”.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-run-council-spends-90000-7200898
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:22 pm

I thought Shirley Porter wasn't there any more.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:46 pm

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:25 pm

"Let's be absolutely clear about this"

You won't understand a word of what I say next.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:52 am

Ivan wrote:A Tory-run council is spending thousands of pounds running a fleet of luxury cars, while pushing through cuts to children’s services

IVAN All this proves is two things one law for us Plebs & another for themselves also that there is NO need for Austerity but just an excuse to take money off the poor so the Tories can give tax breaks to donors and friends of the Tory party.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:52 pm

Highest-earning Tory MP forgot to declare £400,000 income but remembered to claim 49p for milk

Geoffrey Cox supplements his £74,000 MPs salary by performing hundreds of hours of work as a QC. He broke time limits for declaring the 500 hours of work he did between January and August last year - blaming his office clerk's retirement for the oversight.

But between June and August last year, he found the time to submit four separate claims for 49p bottles of milk, all of which were refused by the expenses watchdog. His claim for £2 worth of tea bags was also knocked back.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/highest-earning-tory-mp-forgot-7308164
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:06 pm

One thing that could be said IVAN is there is one posh boy who knows the price of milk rofl rofl rofl
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:06 pm

So Cox managed to put in 14 hours a week on his 'second' job as a QC....How many days a week do the house of commons work?....Only 3 it would seem...I thought being an MP was a full time job hence the high wage.........
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 17 Empty Highest-earning Tory MP forgot to declare £400,000 income but remembered to claim 49p for milk

Post by oftenwrong Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:18 pm

Presumably the principle underlying the logic of the learned QC is that whatever is not illegal is therefore to be considered legal.

It is exactly the same argument which has been deployed by those Global companies who do billions of pounds of business in the UK but who apparently have no legal liability to pay UK tax in proportion, because "expenses" may be offset against profit. So dividends to shareholders and "borrowings" from associated companies are perfectly legal deductions under International Agreements.

All sound Capitalist dogma.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:04 am

I have an idea that might work with those Corporations that think only plebs have to pay tax OW, how about refusing to collect there rubbish & deny them the use of Fire Brigade Police & Street Lighting with there CEOs refused the use of our NHS unless they pay UP FRONT before treatment and mean pay for everything within the NHS even down too the bandages.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:37 am

Tory councillor's plan to 'play dirty' exposed after he accidentally copied intended victims into email

By Andy McSmith:-

A Tory councillor’s plan to “play dirty” those who had criticised the way the local authority was run has been exposed after his intended victims were accidentally copied in to his email chain.

Scott Harris, a member of Portsmouth council, singled out a campaigner against domestic violence and another who had asked questions about the Portsmouth leg of the America’s Cup. He wrote: “The elections are coming... Quite frankly it might be a good idea to play dirty this time.” He went on to say that he was “compiling some stuff” on Shonagh Dillon, chief executive of Aurora New Dawn, a local charity that supports victims of domestic violence. Portsmouth council had come under fire over its plan to cut domestic violence budgets.

He also objected to a question about the sale of tickets for the America’s Cup from Sameen Farouk, an employee of West Sussex council. Councillor Harris demanded: “Is there any way we could speak to someone who works at West Sussex and inform them what their staff member seems to be doing?”

Portsmouth Council’s city solicitor Michael Lawther said: “We understand letters of apology have been sent by Councillor Harris to those mentioned in his email.”

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/tory-councillors-plan-to-play-dirty-exposed-after-he-accidentally-copied-intended-victims-into-email/ar-BBpby4P?ocid=spartandhp
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:01 am

IVAN Your post does not surprise me because that is the Tory way DIRTY as it comes, just look at how dirty they played in May's general election 2015,. I will say you have seen nothing yet until the 2020 general election then you will see just how low the Tories can go lower than the bloody snakes that crawl around in the grass.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:51 pm

Health warning: you probably shouldn’t read this if you suffer from hypertension!  Shocked

Roots of doctors’ strike lie in feminisation of the profession

From an article by Kathy Gingell:-

I can’t say I have any sympathy with the junior doctors. Seeing them standing there, looking to me like well-to-do students, the word 'entitlement' sprang to mind. Far from their strike being about patient 'safety' as they would have us believe, it is all about the doctors themselves – their comforts and egos.

Promotional pictures of them all over the press displaying their hashtags and virtue signalling credentials said it all. "I am the doctor who breathes for you during your operation", one of the many signs read. Do they really think they should be paid to to breathe?

Don’t be a doctor – don’t take a scarce place at medical school that guarantees you not just a well paid job but a lifetime career – if you don’t want to put in the hours. Don’t grab a job security that no one else can be sure of. Their campaign breathes dishonesty at every level. What they are really asking is that the government, the NHS, and we – the public – respect the modern, selfish and self-obsessed culture of rights they inhabit.

Girls increasingly dominate places at medical school and in the profession. Governments remain blind to the consequences of this – a shortfall in staffing and quality of care. Women do not share men's commitment to work. Their demands for part-time and family-friendly working conditions have changed the culture of the profession too – negatively. The current strike action is an example of how feminisation corrupts the attitudes of their remaining male colleagues.

If you want to read the rest of this tripe:-
http://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/kathy-gyngell-roots-of-doctors-strike-lie-in-feminisation-of-the-profession/
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:33 pm

Unbelievable claptrap
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:38 am

I have just watched the program "Sputnik" on the RT channel with George Galloway, his guest on the show was Dr Gill from "Save our NHS" and what Dr Gill said shocked and shamed me. Aparently the privatization of our NHS started in 1988 by Oliver Letwin who as we all know it was Thatchers gov't BUT this was carried on by Blair & Brown which is the part that SHAMES ME.

I would suggest that if you can to try and watch the first part of this program, Dr Gill explains exactly how it all started and what it will mean to YOU and your family in future years.

IVAN I would be so gratefull if you could do what you did already and put this program on CE, so all will be able to see what has upset me knowing the curent Shadow Health team are still continuing today to privatize our NHS Thank you.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:51 am

I do not like politics.

However, what makes me laugh is the fact that if so many people are against a section of society, and the majority are being down trodden by a minority, why on earth do the majority not kick those evil people out, and come up with a policy that will satisfy everyone.

There are wonderful people in all walks of life, and there are just as many evil poeple.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:03 am

PG What you ask would take the people of the UK to grow a BACK BONE and not have the "ME ME ME" Syndrome.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:53 pm

Redflag. The creeping privatisation of the NHS did indeed begin under Thatcher, with the so-called ‘internal market’. However, I can’t understand why you’re saying “the current shadow health team is still privatising the NHS”, since the opposition doesn’t have the power to do anything - and I’m damn sure that privatisation is not on Jeremy Corbyn’s agenda!  Shocked

I’ve posted the ‘Sputnik’ video in the appropriate place on the Health and Social Care board:-
https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk/t7p800-is-the-nhs-really-safe-in-tory-hands#72733
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:41 am

Thank you Ivan for posting Sputnik I am most gratefull, if you watch the said program you will see Dr Gill talking about this I think what he was saying was that Labour was not advocating anything different from the Tories but watch it and see for yourself.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:21 pm

"Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem", says Cameron to Corbyn....... No

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 17 Boris_11
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcA_wWwWAAEFtIx.jpg
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:04 pm

IVAN anything that Davy boys says about ANYTHING is just his SPITE and NASTINESS coming out because he has nothing sensible to say because he is BRAIN DEAD
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:08 am

"Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem", says Cameron to Corbyn....... "
People who frequent "Pigsties" really shouldn't throw shit.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:51 am

I agree Bobby my Mum used to say "Clothers DO NOT Maketh the MAN"
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:11 am

To make Britain look 'nice' for Mrs Windsor's 90th birthday.....

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 17 Gove_110
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcNxi3zXIAA_5Xi.jpg

Or maybe it's really just a case of....

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 17 Gove_210
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcOFIUaWEAAFu-y.png
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:40 am

The Tory MPs should put there hands in there pockets after recieving another pay rise of 1.3% plus there second jobs after all its the tax payer that pays there salary, but the rest of our public services have had pay freeze or a measily 1%, may I also add this is the 2nd pay rise in 9 months the MPs have had.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:52 am

I liked the alternative version - 'Litter for Twitter'
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:55 pm

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 17 Gove_210

Gove looks just like a Belisha Beacon at a Zebra crossing.

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 17 Th?&id=OIP.Mf510af657fefd747e43f2b0757ddcf41H0&w=200&h=300&c=0&pid=1
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:19 pm

Very Happy
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:05 am

Cameron lets his mask slip with 'do up your tie' jibe at Corbyn

From an article by John Crace:-

"Here was Dave unscripted: the Dave that Dave would rather you didn’t see. This wasn’t about his mother, it was about him. His values; the Dave of pomp, circumstance and entitlement. All that hard work he had done over the past 10 years of hugging hoodies and pretending to care about the little people had been tossed aside in one careless stage whisper. This was the real Dave, the Dave reserved for close friends and family. The Dave who actually does believe that people who don’t dress as smartly as him and don’t sing the national anthem are letting themselves and their country down.

No matter there may be many voters who agree with him, this was the Dave he had always tried to keep under wraps. The Dave that pined for a world where people brushed their hair, polished their shoes and only spoke when they were spoken to. A world of respect for the officer class. A world where consultants wore bow-ties. James Robertson Justice: now there was a quack you could trust; he’d have sorted out those moaning junior doctors in next to no time.

Gove was out of sight, having embarrassed himself in an interview with the BBC by failing to understand the powers of the European Court of Justice. Having a health minister who doesn’t know the first thing about health might be considered a misfortune; to also have a justice minister who hasn’t a clue about the processes of justice might be considered careless. Corbyn managed to restrain himself from bringing this up. Either he missed a trick or he has rather better manners than Dave gave him credit for.
"

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/feb/24/cameron-strays-from-the-script-with-corbyn-do-up-your-tie-jibe
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:26 am

Mr Corbyn gets right through to where Cameron lives - in the 19th. Century world of public-school fags and establishment bullying:

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 17 Th?&id=OIP.Mabebc00c4b3204a11f79cac1944c3967o0&w=299&h=187&c=0&pid=1© Telegraph
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:48 am

The ‘Clean for the Queen’ campaign is Tory Britain at its worst

From an article by Laurie Penny:-

Forelocks at the ready, peasants. In honour of Her Majesty’s birthday, Tory politicians and major retailers have come together to encourage all good citizens to clean up their neighbourhoods. Purple billboards urge the underclass to “spruce up your streets! vacuum your villages!”, as if Hyacinth Bucket had suddenly been appointed Supreme Leader.

Cameron suggested that the Labour leader ought to “put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem”. This plea for decorum came, lest we forget, from a man who recently had to publicly deny having had sex with a dead pig. But the wealthy and their children may do as they please: nobody is scouting around Eton for volunteers to ‘Clean for the Queen’.

Britain has a problem with litter is because councils have been forced to cut their budgets by up to 40% in two years. They’ve had to choose between closing their child crisis centres, shutting down libraries, or firing half their cleaning staff.  Now those same people are being asked to do the work for free. In 2014, John McArthur from Motherwell was made redundant from his job at a recycling centre – and then forced to do the same job for free as part of a ‘community work placement’ designed to motivate the unemployed to get back to work.

The government is redefining child poverty. New standards of acceptable child deprivation will presumably include how adorable and well-mannered the little ragamuffins are, and whether they’ve wiped their noses and learned to recite the names of every former colony of the British Empire before they get their evening gruel.

For the whole article:-
http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2016/02/clean-queen-campaign-tory-britain-its-worst

Is there any alternative to the jaundiced Tory attitudes? - Page 17 Clean_10
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcvBAWLW8AAegrc.jpg
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:02 am

Once again, though, we've been presented with a real dilemma - of course we want our public spaces to be clean and presentable, and of course, as good citizens, we would be willing to do a community clean up - this time last year our local Labour candidate got some good publicity by leading a 'clean up the beaches' campaign - before she was upstaged by the Tory incumbent, who paid someone generously to get up a larger and more prominent campaign of appropriately liveried 'volunteers' cleaning up public spaces all over the borough.

We all knew public spaces were getting less attractive with litter and neglect - the real cause - underfunding - has led to a decision to allow the clutter to continue, but that has enabled the Tories to take in a sense the moral high ground by reframing the maintenance of our public spaces as a community responsibility and therefore something to be done freely and cheerfully as a form of civic duty.

A refusal to go along with this can then be framed by the Tories as a childish refusal to follow sensible rules - once again, they are the adults and we the petulant children.
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:48 am

Unkind people have said that the Tories couldn't organise a booze-up in a brewery, but the plan to send out the faithful this weekend with mauve plastic bags and picking-up sticks has been diluted by Napoleon's old enemy - General Winter.

Where I live, the roadsides have been temporarily beautified not by volunteers but by a 5cm precipitation of snow.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:10 am

In todays newspapaers it looks like the Queen has other problems her staff in Windsor Castle will be going on strike because they are not happy with there £14,000 per year because they are expected to do there jobs then do other jobs which are not in there job description so the Queen is no different than the nasty employers that expect there workforce to work for nothing.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:07 am

Conservative equality minister's own department pays women £3,000 less than men

Nicky Morgan, who is responsible for the equalities brief as well education, recently announced plans to “name and shame” companies who did not pay men and women equally by forcing companies employing more than 250 people to publish the details of their gender pay gap. However, male civil servants at the Department of Education are paid on average £1.76 per hour more than women.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conservative-equality-ministers-own-department-pays-women-3000-less-than-men-figures-show-a6916731.html
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:07 am

IVAN Please do not tell me you are surprised at this Davy boy has always had a problem with women, also his cuts have impacted on women more than men.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:22 am

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next