Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

This is Me....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This is Me....

Post by astradt1 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:39 pm

Having now worked for the past 8 months caring for those with Dementia and Alzheimer's I have seen the effects and have decided that I should start writing my 'This Is Me' information so that those who will have the task of caring for me will know what I like and dislike, will know topics I like to talk about, what I like to eat and hopefully be able to help make my final years dignified......

This document can be down loaded from the Alzheimer's Society web site :-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have also been thinking about the need to have Lasting Power of Attorney in place so that my loved ones can make decisions for me when i am no-longer able to.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Has anyone already started their planning yet?
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Re: This is Me....

Post by oftenwrong on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Equally important, does anyone think that the Medical profession is disposed to take into consideration what anyone else wants?
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:35 pm

Upon mature reflection, I hope my above response was not considered to be too terse, but the evidence is that "Professions" like to make decisions that are set in stone. Any support for voluntary euthanasia will have to begin by Government action, from a government which is likely to be pretty busy for several years dealing with the mess created by Cameron's inability to control the Tory party.

As to the lesser crime of involuntary onset of old age, Lawyers, Bankers, Insurers, Carers and Medics alike seem to prefer the Act of God clause which absolves them of liability.

oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum