Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whatever happened to 'Broken Britain'......did Dave manage to fix it?

+14
Penderyn
skwalker1964
Deadly Nightshade
tlttf
boatlady
sickchip
Ivan
Adele Carlyon
Stox 16
Phil Hornby
Redflag
bobby
oftenwrong
astradt1
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Whatever happened to 'Broken Britain'......did Dave manage to fix it? Empty Whatever happened to 'Broken Britain'......did Dave manage to fix it?

Post by astradt1 Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:21 am

Remember how before the last election, you know before there were mass demonstrations and riots, when we had 10,000 more police officers and more nurses and soldiers, when more people were in work, Dave kept shouting about 'Broken Britain' and how it need to be 'Fixed'.

Well now Two years on has he managed to 'fix' it and if so how would we know?

Why is he not shouting about his success?

Last edited by astradt1 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to 'Broken Britain'......did Dave manage to fix it? Empty Re: Whatever happened to 'Broken Britain'......did Dave manage to fix it?

Post by oftenwrong Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Dave's busy schmoozing Olympic VIPs and the like just now. His prime objective is to ensure that none of our distinguished guests make the mistake of thinking that he's the famous Boris - or vice versa!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to 'Broken Britain'......did Dave manage to fix it? Empty Re: Whatever happened to 'Broken Britain'......did Dave manage to fix it?

Post by bobby Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:43 pm

make the mistake of thinking that he's the famous Boris - or vice versa!

One of them talks and looks like a pratt whereas the other looks and talks like a pratt. simple really.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:21 pm

astradt1 wrote:Remember how before the last election, you know before there were mass demonstrations and riots, when we had 10,000 more police officers and more nurses and soldiers, when more people were in work, Dave kept shouting about 'Broken Britain' and how it need to be 'Fixed'.

I reckon its because it was not broken until Scam..er..on got his hands on it, and now he has too watch his back because Doris wants his job cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Amongst the news from MSN :
"A Peterborough MP was attacked by a man who he attempted to stop vandalising a bus shelter in the city.

Conservative MP Stewart Jackson said he tried to make a citizen's arrest on the man after he threw a bottle of beer at the shelter on Broadway on Saturday.

But the man then kicked Mr Jackson, who had been shopping with his wife and daughter.

Cambridgeshire Police said a 20-year-old man had been arrested.

Mr Jackson said he saw a man throw a full bottle of beer at the shelter which shattered the glass.

"I thought any of the shards could have injured a woman or a child so I tried to make a citizen's arrest," he said." ( my emphasis)

Obviously they were the type of glass shards which could not injure a man, then? It's good to see that Tory MPs are still of the view that women need to be accorded special consideration. Or patronised, perhaps....?

Last edited by Phil Hornby on Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:48 am

Phil Hornby wrote:Amonst the news from MSN :
"A Peterborough MP was attacked by a man who he attempted to stop vandalising a bus shelter in the city.

Conservative MP Stewart Jackson said he tried to make a citizen's arrest on the man after he threw a bottle of beer at the shelter on Broadway on Saturday.

But the man then kicked Mr Jackson, who had been shopping with his wife and daughter.

Cambridgeshire Police said a 20-year-old man had been arrested.

Mr Jackson said he saw a man throw a full bottle of beer at the shelter which shattered the glass.

"I thought any of the shards could have injured a woman or a child so I tried to make a citizen's arrest," he said." ( my emphasis)

Obviously they were the type of glass shards which could not injure a man, then? It's good to see that Tory MPs are still of the view that women need to be accorded special consideration. Or patronised, perhaps....?

its amazing Phil. as I did not know the Tory party cared at all about woman.
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:51 am

Redflag wrote:
astradt1 wrote:Remember how before the last election, you know before there were mass demonstrations and riots, when we had 10,000 more police officers and more nurses and soldiers, when more people were in work, Dave kept shouting about 'Broken Britain' and how it need to be 'Fixed'.

I reckon its because it was not broken until Scam..er..on got his hands on it, and now he has too watch his back because Doris wants his job cheers

Well Red its well broken now, after two years of nothing at all of note happening with the UK economy other that tax cuts for the rich city bankers
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Stox 16 wrote:
Redflag wrote:

Well Red its well broken now, after two years of nothing at all of note happening with the UK economy other that tax cuts for the rich city bankers

It is well and truly broken Stox after just two and half years of Scam..er..on and Idiot features Osbourn, they could not manage a PEE-UP in a brewery if they had a list of instructions to read. lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:36 pm

Only Wimps read the instructions, Red.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:48 am

They're word blind. They can only read posh words, like caviar, millionaire and bullingdon Red!
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Adele Carlyon wrote:They're word blind. They can only read posh words, like caviar, millionaire and bullingdon Red!

I tend to agree with you and OW Adele, or the words you have mentioned are the only words they can read?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:38 am

Yes, Cameron has 'fixed' everything....

Whatever happened to 'Broken Britain'......did Dave manage to fix it? BFJZWUrCMAEPQBQ
Source: https://twitter.com/i/connect
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:52 am

Bloody hell Ivan, i'm going to put a crook lock on me motor today, just in case the Bastard wants to nick that as well.
My motor is supposed to be almost thief proof, but we've never had thief's quite as adept as Herr David Cameron and his 40 shitbags.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:46 am

bobby wrote:Bloody hell Ivan, i'm going to put a crook lock on me motor today, just in case the Bastard wants to nick that as well.
My motor is supposed to be almost thief proof, but we've never had thief's quite as adept as Herr David Cameron and his 40 shitbags.

I think Ivan forgot to put "I will Steal the Bread out of your Kids Mouth" I hope this will be a lesson to people the next time they want to vote Tory, Thatcher was enough for Scotland bobby here in Scotland we do not vote Tory EVER.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Redflag wrote:-
I think Ivan forgot to put "I will Steal the Bread out of your Kids Mouth"
The picture does say “I’m starving your children”.

When right-wing headbangers start eulogising about Thatcher’s ‘achievements’, remind them that under her lousy government the UK had the highest level of child poverty in the developed world. However, Cameron seems quite keen to take the deprivation even further.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Not forgetting Ivan the highest unemployment and on top of that Thatcher saying unemployment was a price worth paying but it was not her or her cronies or Tory donors that where paying the price it was us mere PLEBS
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:22 pm

If it isn't hurting, it isn't working!

Unemployment is a Price worth Paying!

The collected wisdom of Norman Lamont. Sometime Chancellor (failed).
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:21 pm

You forgot "Je ne regrette rien", which was Lamont's response to pouring millions of pounds down the drain on 'Black Wednesday' in 1992, no doubt partly because of the wonderful advice he received from his special adviser, David Cameron.

Still, abject failure didn't stop Lamont from demanding that MPs should be paid a lot more, and it didn't stop that pillock Hague from using his right as Leader of the Opposition to put Lamont (another apologist for Pinochet) in the House of Lords.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Ivan wrote:You forgot "Je ne regrette rien", which was Lamont's response to pouring millions of pounds down the drain on 'Black Wednesday' in 1992, no doubt partly because of the wonderful advice he received from his special adviser, David Cameron.

Still, abject failure didn't stop Lamont from demanding that MPs should be paid a lot more, and it didn't stop that pillock Hague from using his right as Leader of the Opposition to put Lamont (another apologist for Pinochet) in the House of Lords.

This goes to prove that at least some of us have long long memories.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu May 09, 2013 4:14 pm

Is Cameron's Britain what we fought for in the war?

90-year-old RAF veteran, Harry Leslie Smith, says he’s too old to fight those who seek to wreck the civilisation he and millions of others shed blood, sweat, and tears for in the Second World War:-

“After the war we revolutionised the western world….We knew the cost of not creating a just society was the end for democracy, and a life sentence of misery for too many people in our country. We knew the price of failing to create and maintain universal health care was a return to a two-tier society where the few held dominion over the many.

Today, however, in a world where our reservoirs of wealth are as deep and enormous as all the mighty rivers of the world combined, our politicians, financial institutions and megalithic industries tell us we can no longer afford these human rights that men sacrificed their lives for: the freedom to live with dignity in a compassionate society. We are told by those in charge that we can no longer live with luxuries like healthcare, proper state funded pensions, decent wages, trade unions and most aspects of our social safety network.

At 90, I am too old to stand in demonstrations with a placard denouncing this madness. All I can do is bear witness to my times and our heroic struggle fought so long ago against Hitler and against men who would wreck the foundations that made civilisation tolerable and decent for its inhabitants. The problem with society, today, is not lack of money or debt but lack of ideas, lack of commitment by our government to realise that its constituents are the people, not city bankers and hedge fund managers whose loyalty is to their ledger books rather than to the community.”

http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/09/is-camerons-britain-what-we-fought-for
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Thu May 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Maybe the tories are just being cruel to be kind?
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Thu May 09, 2013 5:32 pm

Cruel to the rest of us in order to be kind to millionaires and multi-nationals and all their other pals?
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu May 09, 2013 5:47 pm

I find little difficulty in associating the present Government with General Principles AGAINST which Britain fought during the 1939-45 War.
Toryism is no friend to the ordinary decent working people of the UK, and during the past three years of Coalition government has effectively been waging war upon the Quality of Life previously enjoyed by the majority.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Thu May 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Your right OW, lets get out of Europe now, then lets go about building democracy again, we've been misled now for the last 25 years and were overdue an overall.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu May 09, 2013 7:00 pm

tlttf wrote:Your right OW, lets get out of Europe now, then lets go about building democracy again, we've been misled now for the last 25 years and were overdue an overall.

Its not Europe that is the real problem tittf its this ass hole of a Tory gov't that is the UKs problem, the only reason the Tories want us out of europe is so that they govern every last part of our life like having to work 70 hours per week instead of the now 40, or the junior doctors having to work 96 hours per week putting there patients lives at risk and not one workers rights including working in UNSAFE place. So if the people of the UK have any sense they will go for staying in Europe with changes to the betterment of the UK people.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Thu May 09, 2013 7:38 pm

Where did Europe come from - nothing at all to do with the current mess - any more than benefit claimants are - the mess is made by the banks and big business, greed and arrogance
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu May 09, 2013 9:12 pm

boatlady wrote:Where did Europe come from - nothing at all to do with the current mess - any more than benefit claimants are - the mess is made by the banks and big business, greed and arrogance

WELL BLOODY SAID BOATLADY AND VERY TRUE cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadly Nightshade Fri May 10, 2013 9:44 am

boatlady wrote:Where did Europe come from - nothing at all to do with the current mess - any more than benefit claimants are - the mess is made by the banks and big business, greed and arrogance

After reading this I had the image in my head of the scene from "Chicago" with Richard Gere singing "razzle dazzle em" spew out so much nonsense in the hope that the majority of us wont be able to keep up with their trickery and deceitful intentions.
Deadly Nightshade
Deadly Nightshade

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri May 10, 2013 7:26 pm

Then you will undoubtedly have noticed that all News concerning the NHS is BAD news, as it has been for a couple of years. What changed?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sat May 11, 2013 9:49 am

I don't see a problem. The next Star Wars movie is being made in Britain, I mean, how fixed do you want things to be?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat May 11, 2013 11:23 am

The next Star Wars movie is being made in Britain

The first person to mention "Tax breaks" can hand out the pencils.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat May 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Presumably it will star Iain Duncan Smith as Darth Vader - the farce is strong with that one. Twisted Evil
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Sat May 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Ivan wrote:
Presumably it will star Iain Duncan Smith as Darth Vader - the farce is strong with that one. Twisted Evil

Yeah - I think even Darth would have moral doubts/questions and be dubious about the decisions of a psychotic and evil dictator like IDS.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat May 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Ivan wrote:

Ivan IDS is a worse problem than IBS
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun May 12, 2013 2:20 am

None of them look like happy bunnies. It must have been after one of Ed Miliband's tongue lashings and they are sulking like spoilt BRATS
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to 'Broken Britain'......did Dave manage to fix it? Empty Unbelievable govt comment on rocketing Foodbank nos - 'no link to benefit reforms'

Post by skwalker1964 Sat May 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Unbelievable govt comment on Foodbanks http://wp.me/p2sftc-7yj

I often pick up on interesting exchanges from the Commons for this blog. However, this week I came across one which went way beyond ‘interesting’ and well into the territory of ‘he can’t possibly have really just said that’.

Whatever happened to 'Broken Britain'......did Dave manage to fix it? 2012-010
A typical foodbank collection – given by hard-up people for the even poorer

I’ve written before about Foodbanks, and the appalling gall of David Cameron in trying to claim the exponential rise in their numbers as an expression of his ‘Big Society’. Cameron has also been incredibly disingenuous when criticised about this rise, claiming that

The use of food banks went up tenfold under the last Labour government.

As Channel 4′s Full Fact has pointed out, the tenfold increase during 6 years under the last Labour government in the number of people receiving help from Foodbanks (by around 36,000 to 40,898) is dwarfed by the increase of 87,799 (to 128,697) that took place in just the first 2 years of the coalition government.

But even that is nothing compared to what happened in the most recent year, 2012-13. The already massive number of over 128,000 almost tripled in a single year to almost

All this is bad enough – but it’s not what I’m talking about as unbelievable. To claim these numbers as a success should be unbelievable – but it’s all too easy to believe of David Cameron.

Here’s what made my jaw drop. It’s a passage from the Hansard record of Commons debates last Tuesday, 14 May 2013. During a debate on the cost of living, Labour MP Huw Irranca-Davies challenged the government on the exponential rise in the number of people relying on help from Foodbanks:

Against the glowing backdrop that the Secretary of State paints, why do I now have a food bank in every single village in my constituency when there was only one three years ago? Why has there been a quadrupling of food banks under this Government? His record cannot be that good, given the backdrop of the inexorable rise of food poverty.

As we’ve seen, Mr Irranca-Davies actually understated the situation. The latest figures were released at the end of April, so he should have said that Foodbank use has gone up almost nine-fold under this woeful government. Close to Cameron’s misleading claim of a tenfold increase under Labour, but 9 times a far larger number to begin with. Perhaps Mr Irranca-Davies didn’t have the latest numbers, but it’s a pity he missed the opportunity to confront the government with its even greater culpability.

Government minister Ed Davey gave his staggering response:

People who run food banks are doing an extremely good job and deserve credit for their work. However, it is completely wrong to suggest that there is a statistical link between the Government’s benefit reforms and the provision of food banks. It is good that people are helping others. I hope the hon. Gentleman supports that.

Not only does Davey repeat Cameron’s hubris by claiming the increase in Foodbank use as a social good – he claims that the rise has nothing to do with the government’s benefit ‘reforms’.

I have news for Mr Davey. The number of people coming to my local Foodbank for help doubled overnight when the government’s latest ‘reforms’ kicked in at the beginning of April, including the cancellation of the ‘crisis loan’ programme.

There can no doubt whatever in the mind of any reasonable, honest person that the government’s persecution and impoverishment of those who are already poor and disadvantaged is directly responsible for the massive increase in the number of people in such desperate straits that their only option is to accept the humiliation of admitting to strangers that you literally have no food to put on the table for yourself or your family.

That ordinary people have galvanised themselves to save others from starvation is amazing, and heartwarming.

That our government is increasing the number of people who need saving by around 350 people per day for the whole of last year (a number that unquestionably continues to accelerate) should have the Tories and LibDems cowering in shame – and make them unelectable forever. Instead the government is claiming ‘It’s nothing to do with us, guv‘.

Anyone who would think for even a nanosecond of voting for either party in the next general election needs either their head or their heart examined – or both.
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

http://skwalker1964.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat May 18, 2013 7:49 pm

Good post skywalker it just shows how brainless this tory gov't really is they think this is the big society that so many WORKING people have to depend on food banks, after going out to work all week and still have to look to food banks so that they can put food on the table for there family it is nothing more than shameful.

What Cameron will not tell you is there is a food bank in his constituency, he did try and lie about this when asked he said there had been one in his constituency for FIVE YEARS and he had visited it and spoke to the man that ran it LIAR he announced this in the H.O.C, someone from the food bank in Witney got in touch and told the truth the food bank in Scam..er..ons constituency had only been open just over ONE year and he had never been near it because it is a FEMALE that runs it he is nothing but a BARE FACED LIAR that needs a tin of BRASSO & duster to polish his BRASS NECK.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Fri May 31, 2013 11:14 pm

Regarding food banks:

We clearly can't afford to give everybody a reasonable standard of living......for goodness sake! It might mean some people have to pay more tax, or receive a pay cut, in order to reduce wage differentials and replace the minimum wage with a living wage. And it might mean some people have to take fewer holidays, buy slightly cheaper plonk, reconsider that second home, and cut some other little luxuries.

And that just wouldn't do! Would it?
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:13 pm

some people have to pay more tax, or receive a pay cut, in order to reduce wage differentials and replace the minimum wage with a living wage. And it might mean some people have to take fewer holidays, buy slightly cheaper plonk, reconsider that second home, and cut some other little luxuries.

Totally works for me - I'll even give up my boat if the millionaires will consent to pay proper tax
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Ivan - brilliant video clip - thanks for sharing
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next