Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election?

+18
jackthelad
witchfinder
skwalker1964
Red Cat Woman
bobby
blueturando
sickchip
Blamhappy
astradt1
Ivanhoe
Mel
Ivan
biglin
Redflag
oftenwrong
Phil Hornby
Stox 16
Bunnyrunner
22 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election? - Page 4 Empty Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election?

Post by Bunnyrunner Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Be afraid...Be very afraid.

For years, since his days as a Bullingdon 'yahoo', right up to his second term as London Mayor, BoJo has played the clown. Every time he steps into the light he slips on a banana skin and with a shake of his blond mop-top and a muttered reply, walks away with laughter ringing in his ears. The media treat him as a joke, the public treat him as a joke and his own party treat him as a joke.

However...

He has carved out some very high power friends in the City, won a second term as Mayor of our Capital City and amassed a personal fortune into the bargain. Hardly the actions of a fool. Far from it.
This is a man who has climbed the greasy pole of political power almost unseen and undetected. He has claimed he has no wish to lead the Tory Party but has emerged as almost the only natural successor to Tweedlecam. Senior Tories know the leadership is now a poisoned chalice and feel safe in letting Boris in the door. That is a big mistake. :albino:
Bunnyrunner
Bunnyrunner

Back to top Go down

Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election? - Page 4 Empty Re: Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election?

Post by Mel Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:52 pm

I think and fear they might vote Tory irrespective of who leads them. The general public have been well and truly duped, being led to believe that all the unnecessary austerity measures and many other nasties meted out by a Tory administration, hiding behind a cloak of a so called Coalition saying they were "very necessary to get the country back on track"

With Osborne puffing out his chest on the pretence that unemployment is actually falling, when is the part time work and the zero hour contracts that are making the figs look good. On top of that the strutting peacock Osborne is boasting "growth". The public forget that Osborne has borrowed more than Brown and has had the benefit from the BOE with the injection of billions into the economy by way of Quantative Easing.

Unfortunately IMO they now see a government that is seemingly getting the economy going again. Seemingly the operative word here and it is enough to pursuade the fickle majority.

If Cameron were to get "stuffed", which is unlikely, the silly beggers would undoubtably vote for Boris because he is different and a clown and they love something different.

Mel

Back to top Go down

Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election? - Page 4 Empty Re: Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election?

Post by oftenwrong Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:20 pm

People get the Government they deserve.

(Greed is good)
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:01 pm

Mel wrote:I think and fear they might vote Tory irrespective of who leads them. The general public have been well and truly duped, being led to believe that all the unnecessary austerity measures and many other nasties meted out by a Tory administration, hiding behind a cloak of a so called Coalition saying they were "very necessary to get the country back on track"

With Osborne puffing out his chest on the pretence that unemployment is actually falling, when is the part time work and the zero hour contracts that are making the figs look good. On top of that the strutting peacock Osborne is boasting "growth". The public forget that Osborne has borrowed more than Brown and has had the benefit from the BOE with the injection of billions into the economy by way of Quantative Easing.

Unfortunately IMO they now see a government that is seemingly getting the economy going again. Seemingly the operative word here and it is enough to pursuade the fickle majority.

If Cameron were to get "stuffed", which is unlikely, the silly beggers would undoubtably vote for Boris because he is different and a clown and they love something different.
Mel as for Osborne that GLAKIT (lights on nobody at home) piece of SHYTE even his own constituents will not be voting for him because of HS2 route going through their village, Cameron who made the silly mistake of LYING about foodbank within his constituency there is a NHA party candidate who is a doctor from OUR NHS that is standing against him and from a TV program I seen he had the private sector health (virgin health) in his constituency running a the GP service and it was also always closed so people could not get an appointment to see a doctor.

All Ed Miliband and the Labour party have to do is get back to the real Labour party values like start supporting the working man/women, IMHO Ed has been keeping his powder dry but most of it will be revealed at conference so I think we are in for a nice surprise, nothing spectacular but Eds fight back for the Labour party members and voters.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:50 pm

Oh God, I really hope you are right Red.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:42 pm

Mel wrote:Oh God, I really hope you are right Red.
Mel the NHA party who are doctors from OUR NHS are standing against the Tories and possibily standing against the Lib-Dems, there is only so much that people will take then they SNAP I will be surprised if one of the ConDems do not get a punch in the mouth sooner or later, here in Glasgow we are hosting the Lib-Dem conference this weekend and I am quite certain they will get get a very warm reception from us Scots, I suppose there will be the people against the Bedroom tax and those against the Welfare cuts so things will get very hot for the Lib-Dems.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:39 pm

I have plenty of time for you Scots Red. Scots are not fickle like many here in England. Scots and the NHA alone are not enough to oust these barstuards. It will take this lot here south of the border to see daylight and many can't yet see it unfortunately my friend.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:04 pm

I do not mean to run down my friends in the south I do have some, plus have family members living in Warrington Newcastle Upon Tyne that is where I come from originally Yes I am a Geordie by birth as were my parents & grandparents, infact I did my family tree and it goes back to 1837 to Newcastle.  Getting back to topic it is always England that votes the Tories into power (sorry Mel) but it is the truth, since the MAGGOT Scotland was turned off right wing SCUMBAGS.

At this moment I am watching the Lib-Dem conference on BBC Parliament channel and do not know what is stopping me from putting my foot through the TV, the LIES are coming thick and fast I do not know why they are making policies as they have already agreed to go into another coalition with the Tories in 2015 that came out recently its called 20/20 Think Tank.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:41 pm

Redflag wrote:-
they have already agreed to go into another coalition with the Tories in 2015

But do you think that Boris Johnson will be leading the Tories by then? Shocked
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Nigel thinks it might be HIM leading the Tories!

What larks!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by methought Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:42 pm

Can't be doing with fraidy-cats... If you know what he's like then practice a few sharp verbal retorts - cos - come the revolution - Boris will be leading the charge - just like he's always dreamed.... and the proles will fall like sheaves of corn.

In other words, don't let him get up your nose, outmanoever him with a more moral ideology, and preferrably say it louder, funnier - and first.
methought
methought

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:39 pm

The one thing candidates find really difficult to deal with is ridicule.

There aren't many more ridiculous than Boris.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:05 pm

oftenwrong wrote:-
There aren't many more ridiculous than Boris.
There could be a contender on the horizon. Jeremy Clarkson has announced on Twitter that he’s thinking of standing against Ed Miliband as an ‘independent’ in Doncaster North. Everyone knows that Clarkson is a right-wing Tory and pal of both Cameron and Rebekah Brooks, and his choice of who to stand against tells you just how ‘independent’ he is. If anyone wants to learn about some of his odious views, they can be found here:-

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk/t207-should-jeremy-clarkson-be-taken-outside-and-shot-in-front-of-his-family
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:17 pm

I'm all in favour of starting on the top man, if your intention is to oppose.  That's the way novice Party Members begin - by contesting an unwinnable seat.  To learn from the experience.

Coincidentally that's what some correspondents to Cutting Edge do, though in Sport the convention is to begin by participating in heats first.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:11 am

Bunnyrunner wrote:Be afraid...Be very afraid.

For years, since his days as a Bullingdon 'yahoo', right up to his second term as London Mayor, BoJo has played the clown. Every time he steps into the light he slips on a banana skin and with a shake of his blond mop-top and a muttered reply, walks away with laughter ringing in his ears. The media treat him as a joke, the public treat him as a joke and his own party treat him as a joke.

However...

He has carved out some very high power friends in the City, won a second term as Mayor of our Capital City and amassed a personal fortune into the bargain. Hardly the actions of a fool. Far from it.
This is a man who has climbed the greasy pole of political power almost unseen and undetected. He has claimed he has no wish to lead the Tory Party but has emerged as almost the only natural successor to Tweedlecam. Senior Tories know the leadership is now a poisoned chalice and feel safe in letting Boris in the door. That is a big mistake. :albino:

You forgot to mention that Doris has his nose so far up Murdochs Butt it will take an operation to remove it, it was also the Murdoch papers that helped Doris win a second term in the Mayoral office by SMEARING Ken with LIES and HALF TRUTHS.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:58 am

Jeremy Clarkson: I may stand for parliament - against Ed Miliband

My God, who the hell does this arrogant self opinionated foul mouthed job think he is. Put the swine in a closed room with Glenda Jackson and see how the idiot prevails.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:40 am

Mel wrote:Jeremy Clarkson: I may stand for parliament - against Ed Miliband.
That Mel I would like to have a ticket to watch, I hope the Tories are going to give him a SAFE Tory seat or he will lose some of the Tory party funds GOODY!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:16 pm

Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election? - Page 4 School-uniforms-boys-make-010

" I say, Wopping-Bender, - what a simply super fib about why you didn't do your Latin prep! How long have you planned to be a future Tory Leader...?"
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election? - Page 4 Silly-walkObvious suitability
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:07 pm

At last the tart Boris Johnson has got something right. He is now telling us we are having a Concordia moment, Have you seen photo's of the Concordia,
 if not here's one I prepared earlier.

Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election? - Page 4 Rtx13o6e-1-522x293
"The extent of the damage on the Costa Concordia can be seen for the first time since it capsized". MSN News
The Ship just like Britain is a wreck, and just like our economy, we won't see the full extent of the Tory created damage till they are long gone from Government. The pratt Johnson couldn't have found a more ridiculous  analogy to use, so far as the Tory Government are concerned.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:16 pm

The clownish Captain of that unfortunate vessel was behaving in much the same way as our Coalition government.

Look, Mum! No hands!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:45 pm

The ship has been salvaged. The Tory mess that has been meted out to the working man and the sick will take forever to salvage and they know it.

"Look, Mum! No hands!." reminds me of Cameron and his blusterous antics.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Look, Mum! No hands

OW, I was going to pick you up on that, then realised it is their sires that are in doubt.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:29 pm

Boris may not agree with me, but I think he has reached his ceiling.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:37 am

If its any consolation ow, I do.

I am in Rimini at the moment staying in my apartment, or should I say putting right the mess and damage left by people I have let use it. The apartment is almost opposite I Castelo di Sigismondo, Although I don't have a direct view of the castle, I can see just on the corner a bicycle hire scheme just like Johnsons, and just like Johnsons its proved to be a failure

Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election? - Page 4 Castello+Sigismondo,+Rimini
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:51 am

Good morning bobby, hope after the clean up you have a fine time. Great picture by the way. Remember the more people hire cycles the quicker they can be knocked over and clear the way for tax paying drivers.Very Happy 

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:12 am

tlttf wrote:Good morning bobby, hope after the clean up you have a fine time. Great picture by the way. Remember the more people hire cycles the quicker they can be knocked over and clear the way for tax paying drivers.Very Happy 

I see you are reverting back to type tittf !
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:34 pm

Lack of respect for others is one of the distinguishing features of a natural Tory, Redflag.

But they get very cross when those others fail to recognise an assumed superiority.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:58 pm

I note that "assumed" is the operative word here in this case.Rolling Eyes 
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:59 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Lack of respect for others is one of the distinguishing features of a natural Tory, Redflag.

But they get very cross when those others fail to recognise an  assumed superiority.

The Tories seem to assume so much OW, they always assume that they know best and assume they were born to rule dickheads and they also assume that they are better than the rest of us, when the truth is they are the biggest SHYTERS & SPIVS that have ever walked the earth and that goes right back to the time there was no Labour party.pig
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:57 pm

Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election? - Page 4 _h170_w300_m6_otrue_lfalse( msn)

" Message from Boris - any of you fancy a shag round at his place...?"
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:16 am

PH, you have hit the nail on the head, so if the Tories are thick enough to put him in place of Cameron hope they are ready for the scandals that will come out of the Tory party due to Doris.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellatori Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Maybe there is hope for all of us ... even the Mail Online, [irony] that darling of all lefties [/irony] doesn't rate his chances that highly I am absolutely delighted to report.

Boris in charge of the economy...

It is pretty depressing to think that actually no one really trusts politicians to run the economy by the looks of the stats Very Happy 

Bellatori
Banned

http://www.bellatori.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:13 pm

Boris's Great Idea

Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election? - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1BvNOo6M7p-NEoldwatwJfo6Z69iBSustWHZv9NaNkD1j3u9T

"... and then it came to me : if they make me leader, I'll promise to give women the vote...!"
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Terms and Conditions apply.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:23 am

“We should be humbly thanking the super-rich”

Only a bloody fool like Boris Johnson could come out with such a crass remark. We’re supposed to thank the super-rich, many of whom are foreigners, for buying up so many properties in London that ordinary folk can’t afford to live there. We should thank the super-rich for paying such low wages that people in full-time jobs in London need thousands of pounds in benefits to survive. We should thank the super-rich for the ways in which they manage to avoid or evade tax and stash profits made in this country in overseas tax havens.

Johnson, like a typical Tory, distorts the facts to suit his agenda. He states how in 1979, when there was much greater equality, the richest 1% paid 11% of all income tax, but now the richest (he calls them “the top”, which speaks volumes) pay 14.1%. He doesn’t mention that the wealthiest 10% receive 40% of total UK income, while the poorest 10% get 1%. He doesn’t remind us that London is one of the most unequal cities on the planet, with the richest 10% ‘earning’ 273 times as much as the poorest 10%. He doesn’t point out that if current trends continue, by 2030 the highest 0.1% of earners in the UK will see their remuneration rise to 140 times average income. The last time someone in the top tenth of one per cent of the income distribution was deemed to be worth 140 other people was when we had a fully functioning aristocracy and Queen Victoria was on the throne.

Perhaps the biggest joke in Johnson’s article is when he talks about his “five years of slog” as London mayor. One of his first moves was to appoint five deputies at public expense to do all the work, giving him more time to take a second job with ‘The Daily Telegraph’, earning “chicken feed” (£250,000 a year). Then one year he had the gall to try and claim £16.50 on expenses for a wreath he laid at the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday. The man is so lazy that if he won an award for his indolence, he’d probably send someone else to pick it up for him.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/columnists/borisjohnson/10456202/We-should-be-humbly-thanking-the-super-rich-not-bashing-them.html

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk/t709-does-inequality-matter
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:26 pm

IVAN it just goes to prove what the Tories are really all about so I hope what ever sweetener the Tories  come up with to bribe the general public to vote for them in 2015 gets thrown back in their faces via the ballot box, it also proves what I have thought for months DORIS is nothing but a Dick Head who has SAWDUST in his head instead of brains.:yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:11 pm

The growing gulf between rich and poor is inevitable because millions of people are too stupid to get on in life” says Boris Johnson

From an article by James Lyons:-

Johnson said that the resentment felt towards the super rich in the wake of the financial crisis and five years of recession was irrational. “It would be wrong to persecute the rich, and madness to try and stifle wealth creation and futile to try to stamp out inequality”, he said. “It is surely relevant to a conversation about equality that as many as 16% of our species have an IQ below 85, while about 2% have an IQ above 130. The harder you shake the pack, the easier it will be for some cornflakes to get to the top.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/boris-johnson-gulf-between-rich-2859024
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Perhaps it may now be time for the stupid to cull the too-clever-by-half.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:12 am

Those Tories have a real knack for presenting any views in a commendably sympathetic and diplomatic manner, don't you feel...?
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:26 am

Ivan wrote:The growing gulf between rich and poor is inevitable because millions of people are too stupid to get on in life” says Boris Johnson

What Doris has said just proves that he has not got one brain cell in his head, he seems to forget that the filthy rich (Doris included) will not allow anybody but their own to get on in life and will always try and keep the normal man/women down ie what the suffragettes had to go through just to get the vote for women, it was his ancestors they had to fight, the Tories have always been the same and they will NEVER CHANGE no matter what the leader of the Tories tell us whether it is DC or Doris.:yeahthat:
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:55 am

Boris has a great deal more brain cells than many give him credit for. He knows that his antics keep him in the public eye nationally and that consistently spouting on a provocative right-wing theme keeps a convenient distance between him and Cameron -whom he can subliminally suggest is a bit of a liberal wet, by comparison.

Why, it can't be long , suspects Boris ( unhindered by the day-to-day troubles of governing the nation), before those real Tories are clamouring for the blond  bombshell to save them from a fate worse than UKIP.

No fool that boy Boris. Now, if the Labour Party could just find a similar leader-in-waiting...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next