Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election?

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Bunnyrunner on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:06 am

First topic message reminder :

Be afraid...Be very afraid.

For years, since his days as a Bullingdon 'yahoo', right up to his second term as London Mayor, BoJo has played the clown. Every time he steps into the light he slips on a banana skin and with a shake of his blond mop-top and a muttered reply, walks away with laughter ringing in his ears. The media treat him as a joke, the public treat him as a joke and his own party treat him as a joke.

However...

He has carved out some very high power friends in the City, won a second term as Mayor of our Capital City and amassed a personal fortune into the bargain. Hardly the actions of a fool. Far from it.
This is a man who has climbed the greasy pole of political power almost unseen and undetected. He has claimed he has no wish to lead the Tory Party but has emerged as almost the only natural successor to Tweedlecam. Senior Tories know the leadership is now a poisoned chalice and feel safe in letting Boris in the door. That is a big mistake. :albino:
Bunnyrunner

Back to top Go down

Re: Will Boris Johnson lead the Tories into the next general election?

Post by Phil Hornby on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:07 pm

That's told me , then... Very Happy

Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:21 pm

What is the prat doing with his right hand?

Perhaps someone has kindly kicked the prat in the knickers. That might stop the prat giving us a load of balls. Very Happy
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:55 pm

Boris is as anxious to become Prime Minister as Gordon Brown was..............

Anyone remember how that turned out?
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:40 am

The more people talk about Boris becoming leader, the more appealing it must seem to him.
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:54 am

Boris is no doubt feathering his nest in other quarters. He must know that his lot of toffs have shot their bolt for the next election. Being just leader in opposition would not be very appealing to an extroverted clown.
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Cat Woman on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.](msn)

Was there ever a more obviously opportunistic attempt to gain poliical advantage from a staged photo opportunity?!

What a dismal and pathetic prat.

Pass the sick bucket...
Shocked

Well anything for a bit of PR
Red Cat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Cat Woman on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Mel wrote:What is the prat doing with his right hand?

Perhaps someone has kindly kicked the prat in the knickers. That might stop the prat giving us a load of balls. Very Happy

God that idea almost put me off my dinner
Red Cat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Cat Woman on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:56 pm

blueturando wrote:As for Boris being the Tory leader......Great! Why not get Mr.Bean to take charge of Labour...at least then it would be a fair fight Rolling Eyes

but then Mr Bean would win. as Doris is just a prat
Red Cat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Good to see you here RED.
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Cat Woman on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:37 pm

Mel wrote:Good to see you here RED.

you too Mel? how is my favourite poster and mod doing?
Red Cat Woman

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Time after time, the fallout victims from a failed marriage, upon being asked why they married such an obvious klutz in the first place reply, "Because he/she made me laugh."

Boris makes people laugh.

There may be a message there.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:14 am

"There may be a message there."

Yea, grin and bear it. Smile
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:15 am

Red, xxxx
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:36 pm

sickchip are you a Tory supporter ?

Ivanhoe,

I am definitely not a tory supporter. If I am ever beset by such a condition I would wish my nearest and dearest to release me from this mortal coil.....the papers instructing these wishes have been signed by myself whilst I am still relatively sane, humane, and compassionate towards fellow members of our species.
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Mel wrote:What is the prat doing with his right hand?

I could tell you Mel what his right hand is doing but do not want to get a penalty from Ivan, so to put it politely it rhymes with BANKING hope this stops your imagination from running wild. Embarassed
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:54 pm

I thought he was just checking that he hasn't any balls, and the general Public are correct.
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:44 am

bobby wrote:I thought he was just checking that he hasn't any balls, and the general Public are correct.

I think bobby either of us could be right, the thing is though we all know he has no balls to play with so he must be banking. lol!
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Johnson stuffed by Mair

Post by Ivan on Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:13 pm

Boris Johnson being exposed as "a nasty piece of work" by Eddie Mair on the Andrew Marr show:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

http://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:15 pm

Mair dismantled him in a way which is rarely seen of a politician on TV. Watch out for some sort of 'punishment ' of either Mair, or the BBC - or both - and complaints of ambush.

That said, Cameron may be secretly delighted to have seen Johnson- an accepted leadership rival- exposed so cruelly. People may give Bad Boy Boris much more leeway than most other politicians, but even he has to maintain some sort of dignity - and it was pretty well dented today.

Well done Eddie Mair - more effective in his style of cross-examination than Paxman, since it all seemed so calmly polite as the knife went efficiently into the ribs...
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:40 pm

The Mair interviewing technique can be studied by listening to the Radio 4 "PM" program at 5 pm on weekdays. He's so studiously courteous that politicians don't realise they've been skewered until afterwards.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:49 pm

It's been interesting reading the comments pages of the Mail and Telegraph on line...

Everyone there are wetting themselves because the darling of the Tory party has been shown for what he is......Many claimed that the BBC was a hot bed of left-wingers.

I wonder how many of those posting were also up in arms about the apparent loss of 'Freedom of the Press'?
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:21 pm

The way Eddie Mair sucked the prick in, then ripped him to pieces before spitting him out was nothing short of a work of pure genius.

The nastiness of Boris Johnson though was well known and publicised prior to his being elected, then re elected “London Mayor”. yet he still won, which leaves me thinking, just what does he have to do before being relegated to the post of “ Bullingdon Club doorman”. Eddie Mair though didn’t get it all his own way, as when Doris got too uncomfortable he simply resorted to the Tory time honoured tactic of filibustering, Mair at that point had made his point and demonstrated how week and feeble Doris is so allowed the filibuster to continue whilst Doris dug himself deeper in the hole of his own making. Very well done Eddie Mair.
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:19 am

bobby wrote:The way Eddie Mair sucked the prick in, then ripped him to pieces before spitting him out was nothing short of a work of pure genius.

The nastiness of Boris Johnson though was well known and publicised prior to his being elected, then re elected “London Mayor”. yet he still won, which leaves me thinking, just what does he have to do before being relegated to the post of “ Bullingdon Club doorman”. Eddie Mair though didn’t get it all his own way, as when Doris got too uncomfortable he simply resorted to the Tory time honoured tactic of filibustering, Mair at that point had made his point and demonstrated how week and feeble Doris is so allowed the filibuster to continue whilst Doris dug himself deeper in the hole of his own making. Very well done Eddie Mair.

There is a program on BB2 tonight at 9.00pm about the imfamous Doris I wonder what will be disclosed about his nastiness, or will people just turnover there TV when it comes on I think that would be the best option.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:37 pm

Mair had already seen said programme, which is what gave him the plentiful ammunition for his dissection of the dumbstruck Mayor.

Having seen the method which was adopted so ruthlessly and effectively,I had the feeling that I would gladly admit to Steady Eddie that I had stolen a KitKat from Sainsbury's in Penzance, even if I had actually been asleep in Pease Pottage at the time of the crime... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:09 am

Phil Hornby wrote:Mair had already seen said programme, which is what gave him the plentiful ammunition for his dissection of the dumbstruck Mayor.

Having seen the method which was adopted so ruthlessly and effectively,I had the feeling that I would gladly admit to Steady Eddie that I had stolen a KitKat from Sainsbury's in Penzance, even if I had actually been asleep in Pease Pottage at the time of the crime... Shocked

So from what you have said PH we need more like Eddie Mair asking our Hio-Poli politicians those awkward questions ?
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:05 pm

Indeed so, Redflag.

I am contemplating whether I could possibly afford to commission Mr Mair to seek information from my sons as to what becomes of their respective monthly budgeting, since the truth must be uncovered... Crying or Very sad
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:58 pm

PH, you might find that a 16oz ball pein hammer accompanied by the two words "knee caps" sometimes does the trick.
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:42 am

bobby wrote:PH, you might find that a 16oz ball pein hammer accompanied by the two words "knee caps" sometimes does the trick.

Bobby if that works on PHs sons do you think we could use it on Cameron Osbourn and Clegg ??
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:57 am

People like Boris because he makes them laugh. In the opinion of many, London is a separate Country both politically and financially, which probably means that he has found his level there.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:53 pm

In the TV program about Boris it was interesting to Boris' Daddy saying that perhaps they should get the rules changed so that you didn't have to be an MP to be PM............
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:12 pm

astradt1 wrote:In the TV program about Boris it was interesting to Boris' Daddy saying that perhaps they should get the rules changed so that you didn't have to be an MP to be PM............

So it looks like to Doris's Mummy is right against Democracy, just goes to prove what a nasty shower tory supporters and tory voters they want power no matter what they would sell there Grannies for power. :bom:
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:42 pm

"...Boris' Daddy,,,"

It comes as quite a surprise to me that one can identify a Tory politician who actually has a father... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:30 pm

astradt1 wrote:In the TV program about Boris it was interesting to Boris' Daddy saying that perhaps they should get the rules changed so that you didn't have to be an MP to be PM............

That's actually a good idea. I'd like to see the rules changed so as to eliminate intermediary "delegates" to Parliament and use the internet to consult the electorate on all relevant decisions.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:10 pm

One fly in the ointment, OW, is the fact that not every eligible voter has access to a PC or the internet......

Of course the only way people will be able to claim the new 'Universal Credit benefit is on-line......

Still yet another way of cutting the number of benefit claimants and disenfranchising voters..........
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:49 pm

astradt1 wrote:One fly in the ointment, OW, is the fact that not every eligible voter has access to a PC or the internet......

Of course the only way people will be able to claim the new 'Universal Credit benefit is on-line......

Still yet another way of cutting the number of benefit claimants and disenfranchising voters..........

Astradt1 you were not the first one to think of that. I would imagine that Baldy old Backstud IDS had the same idea to stop people from claiming the rights to benefit. :bom:
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Only one thing is certain. The Nasty Party will usually be one step ahead of decent people.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:11 am

oftenwrong wrote:Only one thing is certain. The Nasty Party will usually be one step ahead of decent people.

Then they have the cheek to tell us we are doing so that work will pay "WHERE'S THE EFFING JOBS" Scumbags.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by skwalker1964 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:37 am

Heard a Tory MP yesterday say they were cutting benefits to get people out of the poverty trap. Making people poorer helps them escape poverty - you couldn't make it up!
skwalker1964

http://skwalker1964.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:45 am

skwalker said: Heard a Tory MP yesterday say they were cutting benefits to get people out of the poverty trap. Making people poorer helps them escape poverty - you couldn't make it up!

And he was absolutely correct, corpses escape everything.
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:36 pm

bobby wrote:skwalker said: Heard a Tory MP yesterday say they were cutting benefits to get people out of the poverty trap. Making people poorer helps them escape poverty - you couldn't make it up!

And he was absolutely correct, corpses escape everything.

Will somebody please ask that shitty assed dick head where the EFF are the jobs thanks to his lot of Incompetents running the economy into the ground they need to find 2.52 Million jobs then and only then they can repeat the Tory MANTRA.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:40 pm

I hope that Boris does lead the Tory party into the next general election because he is literaly a one man media circus, he could be Norman Pitkin from the hillarious Norman Wisdom films, the Tories answer to screaming Lord Sutch.

Much of his popularity boils down to the fact that he is a bumbling politician / comedian, he just cannot be taken seriously, his comical demeanor with the mop of golden hair could be Ken Dodd with his tickling stick.

Some people will vote for him because of his eccentric and comical ways, but if he became the Tory leader, the press would tear him apart, they would question whether Britain could ever be taken seriously if he became leader.
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum