Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this a good way to make friends?

+6
Shirina
snowyflake
Mel
Tosh
Phil Hornby
oftenwrong
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is this a good way to make friends? Empty Is this a good way to make friends?

Post by oftenwrong Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Here's a random selection of the things a contributor has elected to say to us on this forum. Which one is your favourite? ....

"What is wrong with you for goodness sake, what age did you leave school ?

There are people on this forum with their arms free who believe Satan actually exists, this worries me, they should be tagged.

Speaking as an archaeologist (uni graduated) I've worked on sites dating back far further than 12,000yrs BCE. A claim first made on the MSN boards using a different pseudonym, in 2010.

Utter drivel woman

Mel, Put down the glass of Blue Nun, its a tad early.

You should be under restraint, do you share a ward with my good friend Texas ?

polyglide, Are you a clone of Texas, you mimic his every word, in fact is that you Texas ?
polyglide, your subjective perceptions belong in the 19th century with the other fairy stories.
polyglide, no offence but you may be stark raving bonkers.

You should have stayed at school, you seem almost oblivious to common knowledge, and your alternative explanation is truly bonkers. Were you dropped as a baby ?

Eh ? A Christian polytheist !! You gotta be a troll pretending to be a Christian, I guess its one of the regulars on here, maybe Oftenwrong.

polyglide is acually oftenwrong, there is no way this is a real person.

Texas, You are a spamming troll, translate that into Hebrew.

It seems your little piece of wisdom is woo-woo.

Hey fruitcake, if you wish to bite my ankles you better put your teeth back in.

My polemic style ruffles a few feathers but its worth it.

What is wrong with you and facts ?

Iraq invaded Kuwait, are you on crack ?

Now toddle off before my Scottish intellect humiliates you.

Is this in some kind of code ? I have tried reading it backwards, upside down and with my underpants on my head, and its still gibberish. maybe picture thinking is your strong point.

Please refrain from moderating with obvious bias, it gets right up my nose. Thank you.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Is this a good way to make friends? Empty Re: Is this a good way to make friends?

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Gosh - it's a tricky choice.

But, to be honest, there isn't (yet) a single offering which grabs one as a blockbuster -y'know, the sort of stuff which will stay in the memory for ever.

Accordingly, we may have to offer the cautionary reminder to said author that he who lives by the sword may eventually get shot by he who doesn't... Shocked

Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Is this a good way to make friends? Empty Re: Is this a good way to make friends?

Post by Tosh Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:30 pm

My favourite is when a poster cannot debate content with me and has to resort to hate threads out of sheer frustration.

I will put you on the mantel-piece with the rest of the unfortunates, but hey you carry on pretending to be intelligent with your copy/paste from famous quotes

cheers

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:35 pm

Accordingly, we may have to offer the cautionary reminder to said author that he who lives by the sword may eventually get shot by he who doesn't...

You pick any weapon you want sweetie,, I would bet my acerbic wit against your articulation anytime, I have chopped off far more intelligent heads than yours my friend.

Step up to the plate when you get enough courage and help .

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Ah!!!!!, Larry Grayson. A sweetie if ever there was one.

What was it now? "shut that book? no. "Shut that gate? no, perhaps it was "door". In this case it would undoubtably have been "shut that face" me thinks. Very Happy

With friends like this, who needs enemies, I ask? Rolling Eyes
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:55 pm

"I will put you on the mantel-piece"

That's rather nice Tosh. Were you in fact left on the shelf for some reason or another? What a Face
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:
But, to be honest, there isn't (yet) a single offering which grabs one as a blockbuster -y'know, the sort of stuff which will stay in the memory for ever.

It’s all about talent.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Some got it, some don’t got it.
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:13 pm

That's rather nice Tosh. Were you in fact left on the shelf for some reason or another?

No, what has this to do with oftenwrong being an impotent victim of my genius, please tell me it wasn't an attempt at sarcasm.

lolol.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyflake Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:16 pm

I think the grown up answer to Oftenwrong is:

So's your face! Smile
snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:16 pm

With friends like this, who needs enemies, I ask?

It is you, oftenwrong et al that need friends to debate against me !!! Twisted Evil

Not I cupcake, I stand here alone smiling at your weakneses.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Come on you lot, try and put a bit more effort into trolling me, I dismantled the Dana Crew on my own, and you lot aint in their league.

Happy days are here again. Very Happy

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyflake Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:31 pm

Well you know you've won the argument when someone starts a thread about you...... Smile
snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Well you know you've won the argument when someone starts a thread about you...... .

I knew I had won the argument when Mel deletes my abuse but refuses to delete my abusers posts, now he has just given up all pretence and joined in the abuse.

Moderator my ass.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:43 pm

what "argument"???
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by snowyflake Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:44 pm

Interesting how OW can dredge up your comments at will but takes no notice of his own incendiary comments.....like accusing people of racism because they highlight the plight of muslim women in cultures where domestic abuse is acceptable. And then has the gall to say it has nothing to do with us! Smile Appalling reasoning if you ask me.
snowyflake
snowyflake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:48 pm

"my ass"

"Speaking as an archaeologist (uni graduated) I've worked on sites dating back far further than 12,000yrs "

No mine!!!
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Speaking as an archaeologist (uni graduated) I've worked on sites dating back far further than 12,000yrs "

I hasten to add oftenwrong is misquoting me, I never posted this, but hey don't let facts get in the way of your temper tantrum.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:03 pm

what "argument"???.

Freedom of speech, it is universal not selective.

Saying I talk tosh is no less abusive than me calling him illiterate.

You get my drift ?

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:05 pm

Texas made a big mistake by trying to troll me with his old spamming style, I can debate or troll better than most, and I enjoy both equally. Basketball
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:11 pm

I see the viewing figures are up, there is no such thing as bad publicity, I stole that quote from oftenwrong.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:07 pm

Tosh wrote:
Speaking as an archaeologist (uni graduated) I've worked on sites dating back far further than 12,000yrs "

I hasten to add oftenwrong is misquoting me, I never posted this, but hey don't let facts get in the way of your temper tantrum.

Perhaps a sock-puppet on your behalf. Here's the original:

by KnarkyBadger on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:23 pm

.Tosh wrote:
What we should concentrate on is from the time man was created and that is approximately 12,000 years,

This is bordering on certifiable, how do you know humans were created 12,000 years ago and why do we have literally thousands of human fossils dating back over 100,000 years.

What is wrong with you for goodness sake, what age did you leave school ?

Speaking as an archaeologist (uni graduated) I've worked on sites dating back far further than 12,000yrs BCE.

(Sometimes the quotes get confused with the quoted - but it's only a game isn't it?)

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:15 am

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:54 am

Strange how some folk no matter how well educted, bright and articulate they may appear to be, sadly find it necessary to boast of their superiority to others at every opportunity. It is a sure sign of an enferiority complex, which must be a form of illness for which perhaps they should be pitied.

Carry on regardless, the penny may drop eventually. Wink
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:00 pm

A well-known Cutting Edge contributor meets colleagues at the Annual Caledonian Knowalls Convention...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.](myspace.com)

Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:13 pm

"O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us."

Robert Burns, Poem "To a Louse" - verse 8
Scottish national poet (1759 - 1796)

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:34 pm

I dismantled the Dana Crew on my own
Actually no ... "GreatandpowerfulOz" did that by figuring out who they were and posting RL information about them on the old MSNBC forums. I saw Oz's handy-work with my own eyes.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by willingsniper Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:04 am

Who the hell was the Dana crew? I need clarification
willingsniper
willingsniper

http://thelonelyheartsclub.freeforums.net

Back to top Go down

Post by starlight07 Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:10 pm

lol Tosh! You have a hate thread here I see. You still need to beat my figures and score though. That's 15 hate threads in 2 week's time. All by the courtesy of some of my MSN trolls - mostly by throbbo.

Anyway, I've had my dalliances with trolls in the past. Once you play with them, you yourself become a troll by default. I still need you teaching me how to master the art of trolling. Cool
starlight07
starlight07

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:40 am

willingsniper wrote:Who the hell was the Dana crew? I need clarification
Oh, well, if nobody else is going to provide an answer.
The reference aparently describes some postings which were current SIX YEARS AGO.

Little victories are so important to a little man, aren't they, Tosh? Neutral
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by starlight07 Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:03 pm

The Dana Crew is like the Illuminati.

lmao!

Anyway some trolls do work in a crew or gang...wolf pack mentality rings bells.
starlight07
starlight07

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:41 pm

The mystery is why anonymous commentary is permitted on social networks. Rational discussion is distorted without personal responsibility.

No newspaper editor has ever accepted anonymous contribution to a "Letters" page except in unusual personal circumstances.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Little victories are so important to a little man, aren't they, Tosh?

You tell me Walter, you are the one ferreting around each and every one of my posts like a demented stalker, it seems I am very important to you little man.

Next.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Actually no ... "GreatandpowerfulOz" did that by figuring out who they were and posting RL information about them on the old MSNBC forums. I saw Oz's handy-work with my own eyes. .

Actually yes,...I was refering to me trolling them on the UK General Discussion boards.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:35 pm

The mystery is why anonymous commentary is permitted on social networks.

Just as well for you dear, it is your raison d'etre, where would poor old Walter be without his ego boosting pretentious platitudes.

Rational discussion is distorted without personal responsibility.

I have never seen you take part in a rational discussion, did I miss a meeting ?

No newspaper editor has ever accepted anonymous contribution to a "Letters" page except in unusual personal circumstances..

I assume you know this from personal experience. Basketball

Every forum has a wannabee sage and they are often wrong. Very Happy
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Tosh wrote:
Actually no ... "GreatandpowerfulOz" did that by figuring out who they were and posting RL information about them on the old MSNBC forums. I saw Oz's handy-work with my own eyes. .

Actually yes,...I was refering to me trolling them on the UK General Discussion boards.

Oh, really Tosh? REALLY? Were they published using invisible ink on the UK Boards? Is there no terminological inexactitude that you might feel ashamed to relate?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Oh, really Tosh? REALLY?

Yes, really Walter, REALLY.

Were they published using invisible ink on the UK Boards?

No, the encounters were read and enjoyed by all, except you it seems.

Is there no terminological inexactitude that you might feel ashamed to relate?

You may value your biased opinion over my eye witness testimony, but I do not, you are obviously upset and are not sleeping well. My troll status is legendary and I have no need to embellish upon it.

Please please calm down, you are becoming shrill and I am beginning to fear for your mental health, are you related to CGF in any way ?

Cool
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:22 pm

Anyway some trolls do work in a crew or gang...wolf pack mentality rings bells. .
Why do glass houses and stones suddenly spring to mind? Who was it who touted the idea, from the safety of another forum, that I was so ill that I probably deleted the first Cutting Edge forum myself??
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Cutting Edge posting rule 2
Don't make personal attacks on other members. By all means criticise another person's point of view - that's part of what discussion forums are all about - but don't make it personal.

Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Don't make personal attacks on other members. By all means criticise another person's point of view - that's part of what discussion forums are all about - but don't make it personal.

I have been trying for days to get oftenwrongs point of view, but he has an aversion to positing one, it may have missed your attention but this chap has started a thread devoted to nothing but personal attacks against me.

I am beginning to wonder if a breakdown is on the cards.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next