Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this a good way to make friends?

+6
Shirina
snowyflake
Mel
Tosh
Phil Hornby
oftenwrong
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is this a good way to make friends? - Page 2 Empty Is this a good way to make friends?

Post by oftenwrong Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here's a random selection of the things a contributor has elected to say to us on this forum. Which one is your favourite? ....

"What is wrong with you for goodness sake, what age did you leave school ?

There are people on this forum with their arms free who believe Satan actually exists, this worries me, they should be tagged.

Speaking as an archaeologist (uni graduated) I've worked on sites dating back far further than 12,000yrs BCE. A claim first made on the MSN boards using a different pseudonym, in 2010.

Utter drivel woman

Mel, Put down the glass of Blue Nun, its a tad early.

You should be under restraint, do you share a ward with my good friend Texas ?

polyglide, Are you a clone of Texas, you mimic his every word, in fact is that you Texas ?
polyglide, your subjective perceptions belong in the 19th century with the other fairy stories.
polyglide, no offence but you may be stark raving bonkers.

You should have stayed at school, you seem almost oblivious to common knowledge, and your alternative explanation is truly bonkers. Were you dropped as a baby ?

Eh ? A Christian polytheist !! You gotta be a troll pretending to be a Christian, I guess its one of the regulars on here, maybe Oftenwrong.

polyglide is acually oftenwrong, there is no way this is a real person.

Texas, You are a spamming troll, translate that into Hebrew.

It seems your little piece of wisdom is woo-woo.

Hey fruitcake, if you wish to bite my ankles you better put your teeth back in.

My polemic style ruffles a few feathers but its worth it.

What is wrong with you and facts ?

Iraq invaded Kuwait, are you on crack ?

Now toddle off before my Scottish intellect humiliates you.

Is this in some kind of code ? I have tried reading it backwards, upside down and with my underpants on my head, and its still gibberish. maybe picture thinking is your strong point.

Please refrain from moderating with obvious bias, it gets right up my nose. Thank you.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Is this a good way to make friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this a good way to make friends?

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Don't make personal attacks on other members. By all means criticise another person's point of view - that's part of what discussion forums are all about - but don't make it personal.

I have been trying for days to get oftenwrongs point of view, but he has an aversion to positing one, it may have missed your attention but this chap has started a thread devoted to nothing but personal attacks against me.

I am beginning to wonder if a breakdown is on the cards.

Tosh

Back to top Go down

Is this a good way to make friends? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this a good way to make friends?

Post by Ivan Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:53 pm

this chap has started a thread devoted to nothing but personal attacks against me.
But don't you just love all the attention! Shocked

I am beginning to wonder if a breakdown is on the cards..
I should give that a miss if I were you, Tosh. I've booked mine for 2015 in the unlikely event that the Tories get in again.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by starlight07 Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:27 pm

Ivan wrote:
Anyway some trolls do work in a crew or gang...wolf pack mentality rings bells. .
Why do glass houses and stones suddenly spring to mind? Who was it who touted the idea, from the safety of another forum, that I was so ill that I probably deleted the first Cutting Edge forum myself??

Because I was defending a friend that I had to agree with all what he said and did back then. Apparently he stayed out of the picture so no blame fell on him when Cutting Edge was first hacked. If you have friends like him then no one needs enemies.

Anyway, I am sorry and yes I know I was in the wrong.
starlight07
starlight07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:29 pm

I've booked mine for 2015 in the unlikely event that the Tories get in again..

How would you feel about another coalition involving Labour/Liberals ?

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by starlight07 Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Can you not forgive me, Ivan? Or shall you always hold it against me that I too once had what you called my own cyber gang (para) and the fact that some members of that gang wrecked your forum?
starlight07
starlight07

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:05 pm

If the choice was either a coalition with the LibDems or catching a sexually-transmitted disease, right-minded folk would be willingly pre-booking their appointment at the Clinic... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:30 pm

I am sorry and yes I know I was in the wrong
Thanks, starlight, that's much appreciated. Let's draw a line under the past.
Cool
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:37 pm

goodness me! what's a cyber gang? Are there knives involved and is it dangerous for innocent elderly ladies?
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:39 pm

If the choice was either a coalition with the LibDems or catching a sexually-transmitted disease, right-minded folk would be willingly pre-booking their appointment at the Clinic... .

I have this funny feeling the Labour executive would not share your pessimism, coalitions may be the norm for the foreseeable future. Even if the Scots dont vote yes, a large amount will vote SNP in future General Elections, Labour without Scotland is unlikely to get a working majority.

Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:40 pm

How would you feel about another coalition involving Labour/Liberals ?
The possibility of it even being feasible is remote - the Lib Dems are likely to be able to fit all their MPs in one or maybe two taxis after the next election.

Were it a possibility, I would be horrified if Labour made any overtures to such spineless and unprincipled people. And what credibility would the Lib Dems have if they became part of a government which was determined to reverse as much as possible of what they had helped to pass in the previous parliament?

As no ruling party in modern times has increased its percentage of the vote in the subsequent election, and as the Tories managed only 36% last time, I can't see any likely outcome other than a majority Labour government. The Tories are in terminal decline; they haven't won a general election since 1992, and I can't see anyone who didn't vote for them in 2010 being persuaded to do so now.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:42 pm

coalitions may be the norm for the foreseeable future
You need a strong third party for that to happen. Every indication - from polls, to council elections, by-elections and even the PCC elections - suggests that support for the Lib Dems has largely evaporated.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:43 pm

goodness me! what's a cyber gang? Are there knives involved and is it dangerous for innocent elderly ladies?.

Internet bullies without moderation can make a posters life rather uncomfortable, that is why you need white knights like me to defend the weak and oppressed, think of me as a plastic Jesus.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tosh Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:50 pm

You need a strong third party for that to happen. Every indication - from polls, to council elections, by-elections and even the PCC elections - suggests that support for the Lib Dems has largely evaporated..

I never trust mid-term polls, LibDem supporters need time to absorb the realities of coalition power, once they weigh up the pros and cons I believe they will not jump ship to Labour, not when they can share power with them.

I believe you are hoping they disintegrate but I don't believe this is a realistic outcome of any coaltion, even one with the Tories. These are exceptional times and they may cement coalition politics for some time, the global economy is far from cured, it is still very ill.
Tosh
Tosh

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:53 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2