Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

'Pointless': the finest quiz show of all time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'Pointless': the finest quiz show of all time?

Post by Boudica on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm not ashamed to admit that I love Pointless. Apart from the fact that Alexander Armstrong doesn't appear to know the difference beween 'less' and 'fewer'.

There has been a rise in he number of programmes where you need no knowledge to win - that ridiculous open the box thing with Noel Edmonds being a famous offender.

I prefer something where you need to know a little. The fact that you don't just need to be right, but more obscurely right than everyone else appeals to my darkest nature :-)
Boudica

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Pointless': the finest quiz show of all time?

Post by oftenwrong on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:08 pm

So it's YOU that is always the "one" that scuppers the candidates at the very last minute.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Boudica on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:14 pm

There were some killers tonight - only 4 pointless answers on the periodic table question.
Boudica

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:52 pm

I think the BBC would be sensible to demonstrate transparency in the way "100 people were asked ....".

As the show is currently broadcast, some contestant or other might claim to have been eliminated by Producer diktat rather than random fortune.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty_One_(game_show)

oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:38 am

like most of this claptrap, when listening to the prog, it was broadcast first about 4 years ago!

THAT was when I lost intrest!

Have we not had enough of repeats?
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum