Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by Red Cat Woman on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:47 am

Well I just cannot believe that any person in the US could really vote for Rommney. if the US people really do believe they are a world power then you need to elect a leader who is just that in my view. your economy has 2% GDP growth and yes it not lots. but have you looked around the world of late? if you have then you will know that most countries who kill for just 2% growth.

Does anyone really believe that Mitt Rommney has any sort of economic policy of note? hell I am just a 29 year old girl and I can tell this guy Rommney is just a right wing bonehead. Consumer spending accounted for most of the rise in GDP. Personal consumption expenditures rose 2% in the quarter, up from 1.5% in the previous quarter. Purchases of long-lasting goods soared 8.5%. The news came as the Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan consumer confidence index rose to its highest level since September 2007.

In a blog post Alan Krueger, chairman of Obama's Council of Economic Advisers, wrote: "While we have more work to do, together with other economic indicators, this report provides further evidence that the economy is moving in the right direction." yet what did bonehead Rommney say about this news?......Romney called the rise "discouraging". "Slow economic growth means slow job growth and declining take-home pay? so all this means nothing at all then? what a fool this man is in my view...hell most of the world would kill for a growth rate of 2% GDP....Is anyone wake in the US?

SO CAN OBAMA WIN STILL? I would say he has to win. but then I do not have a vote in this election.

SO PLEASE TELLS US YOUR VIEWS? [i]

avatar
Red Cat Woman

Posts : 175
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by willingsniper on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:23 pm

One can only hope. He has done a good job under very difficult circumstances. Republicans have blocked Obama’s efforts, and advanced an agenda in 2011 and 2012 that effectively, if not intentionally, sabotaged the recovery with a record number of filibusters and by refusal to accept and use the stimulus funds to create jobs. They have also held up and budget getting passed by attaching tax cuts for the wealthy to them. There have been a number of jobs bills that have been given to the House that they refused to even put to a vote.
You see if you don't even put it to a vote you can't be faulted for voting it down.
avatar
willingsniper

Posts : 161
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : CONUS

http://thelonelyheartsclub.freeforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by willingsniper on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:25 pm

And then there is this:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/27/14740413-ap-poll-majority-harbor-prejudice-against-blacks?lite
avatar
willingsniper

Posts : 161
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : CONUS

http://thelonelyheartsclub.freeforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by bambu on Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:48 pm

willingsniper wrote:And then there is this:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/27/14740413-ap-poll-majority-harbor-prejudice-against-blacks?lite

from that link;

Anti-Hispanic feelings

Most Americans expressed anti-Hispanic sentiments, too. In an AP survey done in 2011, 52 percent of non-Hispanic whites expressed anti-Hispanic attitudes. That figure rose to 57 percent in the implicit test. The survey on Hispanics had no past data for comparison.


#####

Doesn't surprise me at all;

Google; "Hispanic Leaders Speak Out" and read all the quotes listed in the links in the different sites;

Here are just two of them, from the "americanpatrol' site;

Mario Obledo, California Coalition of Hispanic Organizations and California State Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare under Jerry Brown, also awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by Bill Clinton "California is going to be a Hispanic state. Anyone who doesn't like it should leave."

Art Torres, Chairman of the California Democratic Party "Remember 187 (proposition to deny taxpayer funds for services to non citizens) was the last gasp of white America in California."











avatar
bambu

Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by oftenwrong on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:43 pm

I have a premonition that our Cousins are about to make a very bad decision. There is certainly a consistency in American history of good men being stopped in their tracks.
avatar
oftenwrong
Sage

Posts : 11840
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by bambu on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:36 am

oftenwrong wrote:I have a premonition that our Cousins are about to make a very bad decision. There is certainly a consistency in American history of good men being stopped in their tracks.

If you mean Obama...if he gets voted out it will likely be because of what happened in Libya, his perceived 'apologising' to the Muslim world at every turn, and his 'war' with Arizona over illegal immigration, IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/tsH8xvjTAlo
avatar
bambu

Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by willingsniper on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:42 am

because of what happened in Libya,

I am sure he orchestrated the attack. It is all his fault.

In fiscal year 2011, lawmakers shaved $128 million off of the administration's request for embassy security funding. House Republicans drained off even more funds in fiscal year 2012 -- cutting back on the department's request by $331 million. Paul Ryan voted on this.

His perceived 'apologising' to the Muslim world at every turn,

Just who did he apologise to?


His 'war' with Arizona over illegal immigration

President Barack Obama said,
"I agree with the Court that individuals cannot be detained solely to verify their immigration status. No American should ever live under a cloud of suspicion just because of what they look like. Going forward, we must ensure that Arizona law enforcement officials do not enforce this law in a manner that undermines the civil rights of Americans, as the Court’s decision recognizes."

All out war. Horrible.
avatar
willingsniper

Posts : 161
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : CONUS

http://thelonelyheartsclub.freeforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by ROB on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:28 am

bambu wrote:
If [Obama]… gets voted out it will likely be because of… his perceived 'apologising' to the Muslim world at every turn…

The encompassing term is geopolitics; as is true of all politics, it is the art and science of (a) knowing what one wants to achieve, and (2) knowing what to do to achieve it. I’ll start with an example from the domestic politics master.

Circa 1950, Lyndon Baines Johnson asked for longsuffering, unwavering support from Black Texas voters as he maneuvered himself into position to deliver liberty and justice to all Texans and all Americans. During his march up through power, he made “friends” with Dixiecrats (“Dixie rats”), granting favors, ensuring that they were indebted to him. His public face was that of a benign tolerator of Jim Crow.

Then, in October of 1963, while LBJ was Vice President, John Fitzgerald Kennedy was assassinated. Before the next election, Johnson had twisted enough Dixie rat arms to get the 1964 Civil Rights Act enacted in a Dixie rat controlled congress. By the summer of 1965, Johnson pushed the Voting Rights Act through the same racist-infused congress. The 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act gave teeth and claws to the nearly one hundred year old 14th and 15th Amendments to the United States Constitution. For the first time in my life, “with liberty and justice for all” began to mean something. Lyndon Baines Johnson had delivered big time on his decade and a half old promise to Black Texans.

Barack Hussein Obama promised to kill Osama bib Laden and decimate al qaida leadership. In order to deliver on his promise, he needed airspace, unfettered drone access to Muslim nation’s airspace. Similar to LBJ making “friends” with racists, Obama has done what he needs to do to get what he wants to get. Anyone who thinks Predators and other unmanned aircraft were not orbiting Osama’s compound for months before he swam with fishes is a bit naïve. And about this time last year, one of the highest-up remaining al qaida’s remaining upper echelon leaders was taken out by a Hellfire missile launched from a vigilant Predator orbiting unhindered in Yemeni airspace.

Barack Hussein Obama Jr. is a superb geopoliticist, and decent folks worldwide are safer today because of his expertise in this art and science.


Last edited by RockOnBrother on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ROB
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by bambu on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:27 am

willingsniper wrote:
because of what happened in Libya,

I am sure he orchestrated the attack. It is all his fault.

He should've known, expected what happened on a date that stood out like a beacon.


Just who did he apologise to?

http://www.gopusa.com/freshink/2012/10/25/the-barack-obama-apology-tour/
The Barack Obama Apology Tour

One item that has gained traction since the third presidential debate is Barack Obama's propensity to apologize to the world... as if being an American is a bad thing. Mitt Romney reminded viewers who tuned into the debate that Obama's "apology tour" did nothing except portray weakness in the eyes of the world.








avatar
bambu

Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by tlttf on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:22 am

Not being an expert on American politics (being English) I don't recall him actually apologising to the world. He comes across as a reasonable man who took control of a country that was/is in desperate need of sensible leadership at a time when the financial world is falling apart.

tlttf
Banned

Posts : 1029
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by witchfinder on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:28 am

I met a very pleasant young man the other day from Phoenix, Arizona, and he was telling me that Arizona is a very Conservative place, but that a lot of Republicans are worried, even frightened at how far to the right the GOP (as I think you call it ) has become.

From a British perspective, and I guess also from a European perspective, Barack Obama is fairly well liked, he is seen as a man you can do business with, a man you can talk to, deal with, and respect.

The key word here is "respect", in my humble opinion Mr Obama brought back international respect for the United States, the hawkish attitude of many within the Republican Party can only lead to disaster, peoples and nations do not like been dictated to.

The current president of the United States has made every effort to work through diplomatic channels to bring about peace, he has held out the hand of peace and offered dialogue to solve problems.

As Winston Churchill once said "to jaw jaw is always better than war war"

For Americans there is an even bigger reason to vote Obama, the American economy is recovering very well, far better than any of the major economies here in Europe, with growth of 2% I think the average American would be mad to put America on a completely different course right now.

avatar
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Posts : 703
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : North York Moors

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by Shirina on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:54 pm

One item that has gained traction since the third presidential debate is Barack Obama's propensity to apologize to the world... as if being an American is a bad thing. Mitt Romney reminded viewers who tuned into the debate that Obama's "apology tour" did nothing except portray weakness in the eyes of the world.

This is just one more reason why "America as a Christian nation" is nothing of the sort. What Obama brought back to America was a bit of humility, not weakness. Of course, humility is a virtue in the Bible, yet Americans are led to believe that not having our leaders strut about with puffed-out chests is somehow a bad thing. This is more spin by the extreme right.
avatar
Shirina
Former Administrator

Posts : 2232
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : Right behind you. Boo!

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by willingsniper on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:57 pm

He should've known, expected what happened on a date that stood out like a beacon.

Has it happened every September 11th.?

The Barack Obama Apology Tour

I ask you again, specifically, who did he apologize to?
avatar
willingsniper

Posts : 161
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : CONUS

http://thelonelyheartsclub.freeforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by willingsniper on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:01 pm

This is just one more reason why "America as a Christian nation" is nothing of the sort. What Obama brought back to America was a bit of humility, not weakness. Of course, humility is a virtue in the Bible, yet Americans are led to believe that not having our leaders strut about with puffed-out chests is somehow a bad thing. This is more spin by the extreme right.

They want, Hitler?
avatar
willingsniper

Posts : 161
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : CONUS

http://thelonelyheartsclub.freeforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by oftenwrong on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:10 pm

"They want, Hitler?"

Well, perhaps not precisely Mein Führer, but a strong believer in Christian Fundamentalism who espouses survival of the fittest, purity of the race, loyalty to The State and To the Victor the Spoils.

O.K. You're right. They do.
avatar
oftenwrong
Sage

Posts : 11840
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by willingsniper on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:11 pm

LMAO!

It's a good thing he's dead and German or he would have been on the Republican ticket.
avatar
willingsniper

Posts : 161
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : CONUS

http://thelonelyheartsclub.freeforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by bambu on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:09 pm

Andrew McCarthy speaks;

http://pjmedia.com/andrewmccarthy/2012/10/18/its-not-just-obamas-lies-its-the-premise-of-obamas-lies/

With CNN’s Candy Crowley shamelessly throwing President Obama a Libya life-preserver at Tuesday night’s debate, the so-called Mohammed video is back in the news.
That ought to offend sensible people — and not just because the president, aided and abetted by Ms. Crowley, is lying when he now claims, despite weeks of denials, to have regarded the Benghazi massacre from the first as a pre-planned terrorist attack.

For weeks, Obama and his minions attempted to hoodwink the country into believing that the murders of our ambassador and three other Americans were triggered when Muslim protests over a “movie” virtually no one had seen spontaneously erupted into rioting.
In fact, these Americans were killed precisely because Obama’s high-priority policy of embracing Islamists, in Libya and elsewhere, has empowered al-Qaeda and other Muslim militants.
The policy’s current implosion, in the presidential campaign’s final days, has made a mockery of Obama’s pretensions about having decimated al-Qaeda — the only part of his record that the president thought it was safe to run on.

etc


avatar
bambu

Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by willingsniper on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:13 pm

bambu wrote:Andrew McCarthy speaks;

http://pjmedia.com/andrewmccarthy/2012/10/18/its-not-just-obamas-lies-its-the-premise-of-obamas-lies/

With CNN’s Candy Crowley shamelessly throwing President Obama a Libya life-preserver at Tuesday night’s debate, the so-called Mohammed video is back in the news.
That ought to offend sensible people — and not just because the president, aided and abetted by Ms. Crowley, is lying when he now claims, despite weeks of denials, to have regarded the Benghazi massacre from the first as a pre-planned terrorist attack.

For weeks, Obama and his minions attempted to hoodwink the country into believing that the murders of our ambassador and three other Americans were triggered when Muslim protests over a “movie” virtually no one had seen spontaneously erupted into rioting.
In fact, these Americans were killed precisely because Obama’s high-priority policy of embracing Islamists, in Libya and elsewhere, has empowered al-Qaeda and other Muslim militants.
The policy’s current implosion, in the presidential campaign’s final days, has made a mockery of Obama’s pretensions about having decimated al-Qaeda — the only part of his record that the president thought it was safe to run on.

etc



Okay you are rendering yourself unreadable due to your lack of balance. Quoting Andrew McCarthy is akin to quoting the GOP or their affiliate Fox. Nice try.
avatar
willingsniper

Posts : 161
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : CONUS

http://thelonelyheartsclub.freeforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by bambu on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Lack of balance? Smile

This left-inclined international forum is full of 'lack of balance' and dissing of the Right at almost every turn. Wink
Read it all.

Of course, I forgot, only the Left wing media is to be believed and credible. Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_C._McCarthy

Andrew C. McCarthy III is a former Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. A Republican, he is most notable for leading the 1995 terrorism prosecution against Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and eleven others. The defendants were convicted of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and planning a series of attacks against New York City landmarks.[1] He also contributed to the prosecutions of terrorists who bombed US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. He resigned from the Justice Department in 2003.


This article of his is being broadcast on my no1 radio station this morning, going almost nationwide, and worldwide on the net...the Left/Liberal media being accused of bias once again.
What's detailed in this article, the truth?, doesn't show Obama and co in a very good light.
avatar
bambu

Posts : 129
Join date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by Ivan on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:44 pm

Not being an expert on American politics (being English) I don't recall him actually apologising to the world. He comes across as a reasonable man who took control of a country that was/is in desperate need of sensible leadership at a time when the financial world is falling apart..
tlttf. Nice to be able to agree with you 100%. Very Happy
avatar
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

Posts : 7100
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : West Sussex, UK

http://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by willingsniper on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:52 pm

He has done yeoman's work considering the situation the former Republican administration handed him, and the obstructionism exercised by the Republican House of Representatives, senators and governors.
avatar
willingsniper

Posts : 161
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : CONUS

http://thelonelyheartsclub.freeforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by willingsniper on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:34 pm

ROMNEY: I -- I think interesting the president just said something which -- which is that on the day after the attack he went into the Rose Garden and said that this was an act of terror.

OBAMA: That's what I said.

ROMNEY: You said in the Rose Garden the day after the attack, it was an act of terror.

It was not a spontaneous demonstration, is that what you're saying?

OBAMA: Please proceed governor.

ROMNEY: I want to make sure we get that for the record because it took the president 14 days before he called the attack in Benghazi an act of terror.

OBAMA: Get the transcript.

CROWLEY: It -- it -- it -- he did in fact, sir. So let me -- let me call it an act of terror...

OBAMA: Can you say that a little louder, Candy?

CROWLEY: He -- he did call it an act of terror. It did as well take -- it did as well take two weeks or so for the whole idea there being a riot out there about this tape to come out. You are correct about that.

ROMNEY: This -- the administration -- the administration indicated this was a reaction to a video and was a spontaneous reaction.

CROWLEY: It did.

ROMNEY: It took them a long time to say this was a terrorist act by a terrorist group. And to suggest -- am I incorrect in that regard, on Sunday, the -- your secretary --

Sometimes the fact just get in the way of your agenda. Romney wanted her to chime in, he just didn't expect the outcome he got.
avatar
willingsniper

Posts : 161
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : CONUS

http://thelonelyheartsclub.freeforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by Shirina on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:35 pm

For weeks, Obama and his minions attempted to hoodwink the country into believing that the murders of our ambassador and three other Americans were triggered when Muslim protests over a “movie” virtually no one had seen spontaneously erupted into rioting.

Oh here we go ... the "hypercompetent government" myth. It reminds me of Truther conspiracists who claim no aircraft could fly in restricted airspace without a "counter missile barrage." As if America has SAM batteries all over the place. In this case, it appeared very much like the video and the embassy attacks were related, so even if the president got it wrong initially, I can understand why. The government doesn't know everything that will or has happened contrary to popular belief.
In fact, these Americans were killed precisely because Obama’s high-priority policy of embracing Islamists, in Libya and elsewhere, has empowered al-Qaeda and other Muslim militants.

LOL! Now this is just stupid. Was it Obama's policies that allowed the three embassies in Africa to be attacked? How about the USS Cole bombing? How about the first WTC bombing? The comment quoted above makes it sound as if Al Qaeda suddenly sprang into existence in 2009 when Obama took office. It is utter tripe and spin, a word-pretzel that distorts reality and historical evidence.
avatar
Shirina
Former Administrator

Posts : 2232
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : Right behind you. Boo!

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by willingsniper on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:46 pm

It was Bush's fault the towers fell
avatar
willingsniper

Posts : 161
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : CONUS

http://thelonelyheartsclub.freeforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by oftenwrong on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:15 pm

willingsniper wrote:It was Bush's fault the towers fell

Yeah, the first President Bush.

But he got the idea from President Reagan. He bombed Libya before anyone else.
avatar
oftenwrong
Sage

Posts : 11840
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by ROB on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:41 am

willingsniper wrote:
It was Bush's fault the towers fell

It was al qaida’s fault that the towers collapsed and the lives of almost three thousand innocent souls were extinguished.

oftenwrong wrote:
But he got the idea from President Reagan.  He bombed Libya before anyone else.

He should have bomber Gadhafi again.
avatar
ROB
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by willingsniper on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:06 am

The point being made was that if President Obama is to be held responsible for the attack in Libya, then we must hold President Bush responsible for 9/11
avatar
willingsniper

Posts : 161
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : CONUS

http://thelonelyheartsclub.freeforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by ROB on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:47 am

willingsniper wrote:
The point being made was that if President Obama is to be held responsible for the attack in Libya, then we must hold President Bush responsible for 9/11

Persons of integrity do not hold Barack Hussein Obama Jr. responsible for any attack in Libya. Conversely, persons of integrity do hold Barack Hussein Obama Jr. responsible for resolute, persistent attacks upon al qaida wherever they might be found; accordingly, persons of integrity do hold Barack Hussein Obama Jr. responsible for securing the safety of decent folks throughout the world.
avatar
ROB
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by Shirina on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:07 am

Well, I do find the disparity rather interesting.

The conservatives in this country are saying in regards to the take-down of Osama bin Laden: "Obama can't take credit for that. SEAL Team Six took bin Laden out, not Obama. It's not like Obama was actually THERE!!"

So I have to ask these little conservative idiots: "How can Obama be responsible for the Benghazi embassy attacks? Terrorists killed those people, not Obama. It's not like Obama was actually THERE!!"

Even right up through the 11th hour before the election, conservatives are STILL sticking to the tactic of having their cake and eating it too.
avatar
Shirina
Former Administrator

Posts : 2232
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : Right behind you. Boo!

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by oftenwrong on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:33 am

According to the popular press, the Presidential Election may yet be decided by a mass of rotating cloud.




I'll huff and I'll puff,
and I'll BLOW your house down!
avatar
oftenwrong
Sage

Posts : 11840
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by Ivan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Recycled from Twitter:-

If Barack Obama cured cancer, the Republicans would accuse him of restricting the individual rights of cells to reproduce.

The same people who demanded to see Obama's birth certificate are defending Romney for not releasing his tax returns.

The USA needs more women in government, not more government in women, GOP!

“Vote Romney? Mormon bishop, gullible enough to be fooled by Joseph Smith – a charlatan as plausible as a Nigerian scam.” (Richard Dawkins)

Everything that's wrong with the USA in just three 'Gs' - God, guns and the GOP.

Mitt Romney's tax return is seeking asylum at the Ecuador Embassy.

Mitt Romney spokesperson says it's easy to confuse 'Sikh' with 'sheikh’. I suppose it's as easy as confusing 'Mormon' with 'moron’.

Awkward moment for Romney in Colorado - a homeless guy asked him for a dollar, but all he had were some Swiss francs.

Mitt Romney was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. But it had to be removed quickly to make room for his foot.

Romney said he'd create 12 million jobs in his first term. He hasn’t said yet whether he’d create them in China or India.

Romney says marriage should be between one man and one woman. His grandfather believed it should be between one man and five women.

When Romney visited a firehouse in New York, he was disappointed when he learned that it wasn't where you get to sack people.

Mitt Romney and Jeremy Hunt’s abortion position – both are staunchly pro-life but don’t give a damn once you’re born.

Admit it Mitt, your grandpa lived in Mexico because he was a polygamist and couldn't live in the USA. Yet Obama's family is suspect?

Hurricane Sandy is so strong it may blow some of Romney's money back into the USA.

http://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk/t319-favourite-tweets



avatar
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

Posts : 7100
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : West Sussex, UK

http://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by willingsniper on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:27 pm

So I have to ask these little conservative idiots

The second time you have made me spit coffee. Thank you Shirina
avatar
willingsniper

Posts : 161
Join date : 2012-10-02
Location : CONUS

http://thelonelyheartsclub.freeforums.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by ROB on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:35 pm

tlttf wrote:
Not being an expert on American politics (being English) I don't recall him actually apologising to the world. He comes across as a reasonable man who took control of a country that was/is in desperate need of sensible leadership at a time when the financial world is falling apart.

I can legitimately claim only whatever expertise I’ve managed to attain. Your synopsis, in my opinion, is right on target. At the top, we need leadership, not merely management. Our leader should be a person of vision.

United States Senator Barack Hussein Obama Jr. envisioned a world in which Japan owned General Motors, Chrysler, and their technologies and jobs, and he didn’t like what he saw. United States Senator Barack Hussein Obama Jr. envisioned a world in which the United States retained ownership of General Motors, Chrysler, and their technologies and jobs, and he liked what he saw. President of the United States Barack Hussein Obama Jr. envisioned a world in which the United States retained ownership of General Motors, Chrysler, and their technologies and jobs, he liked what he saw, and he did what he had to do so that he would see what he liked to see.

“Where there is no vision, the people perish.”
avatar
ROB
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by ROB on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:00 pm

witchfinder wrote:
I met a very pleasant young man the other day from Phoenix, Arizona, and he was telling me that Arizona is a very Conservative place, but that a lot of Republicans are worried, even frightened at how far to the right the GOP (as I think you call it ) has become.

Two Black Republicans were “overlooked’ by Republican big money.

Herman Cain appeared on the Daily Show with John Stewart; he is charming and personable, in stark contrast to Romney’s wooden demeanor. Why no support from the Republican power elite? I believe it’s because he fails the paper bag test.

Dr. Condoleezza Rice is knowledgeable in foreign affairs and knows how to talk to people, in stark contrast to Romney’s woefully inadequate foreign affairs knowledge base and atrocious people skills (“I ran the Salt Lake City Olympics”). Why no support from the Republican power elite? Once again, I believe it’s because she fails the paper bag test.

Dixie rats’ spiritual descendants still infect the Grand Old Party.

witchfinder wrote:
From a British perspective, and I guess also from a European perspective, Barack Obama is fairly well liked, he is seen as a man you can do business with, a man you can talk to, deal with, and respect.

Mitt Romney is a Temple Mormon. The two Temple Mormons with whom I interacted on MSNBC and MSN UK were absolutely intractable. I see the same characteristic in Romney. Whatever he says is right because he says it.
avatar
ROB
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by oftenwrong on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:26 pm

A (British) commentator writing in a national newspaper here made an interesting forecast about the outcome of the 2012 Presidential Election.

Not the result of course, but a wager that a map of the USA showing how States voted for either Romney or Obama after the event, would show an uncanny resemblance to a map of the Civil War division between confederates and anti-slavers.

avatar
oftenwrong
Sage

Posts : 11840
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by Red Cat Woman on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:59 pm

tlttf wrote:Not being an expert on American politics (being English) I don't recall him actually apologising to the world. He comes across as a reasonable man who took control of a country that was/is in desperate need of sensible leadership at a time when the financial world is falling apart.

God tittf is this really one of your posts? as you are for once 100% dead right. well said you

avatar
Red Cat Woman

Posts : 175
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by Shirina on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:54 pm

The difference between liberals and conservatives in America:

Al Franken = liberal and wants to be Hitler so he can call off the Holocaust and WWII.

Ann Coulter = conservative and wants to be FDR so she can call off the New Deal (which brought us Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and minimum wage laws).

Figures.

avatar
Shirina
Former Administrator

Posts : 2232
Join date : 2011-10-07
Location : Right behind you. Boo!

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by ROB on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:51 am

oftenwrong wrote:
A (British) commentator writing in a national newspaper here made an interesting forecast about the outcome of the 2012 Presidential Election.

Not the result of course, but a wager that a map of the USA showing how States voted for either Romney or Obama after the event, would show an uncanny resemblance to a map of the Civil War division between confederates and anti-slavers.

The Union was not “anti-slavery.” The Emancipation Proclamation left in slavery those whose slave owners enslaved them in non-seceding states. The War Between the States is a more accurate name for the 1861-1865 conflict because states’ sovereignty was (and is) the underlying issue.
avatar
ROB
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by oftenwrong on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Perhaps not quite so "united" as they would have us believe?
avatar
oftenwrong
Sage

Posts : 11840
Join date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by ROB on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:43 pm

oftenwrong wrote:
Perhaps not quite so "united" as they would have us believe?

I wouldn’t have you to believe anything. I don’t care what you believe.
avatar
ROB
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Come on America, vote for a real leader!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum