Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wither PCC?

+5
bobby
witchfinder
Redflag
tlttf
oftenwrong
9 posters

Go down

Wither PCC? Empty Wither PCC?

Post by oftenwrong Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Just a week from today a completely new level of political control will be introduced into our lives, the PCC. You have a vote in that process, but the expectation is that only the Party Faithful will exercise that right - which is how the Tory-led coalition came into being in 2010.

http://www.policecrimecommissioner.co.uk/
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Wither PCC? Empty Re: Wither PCC?

Post by tlttf Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Get off of the computer and vote OW, you'll be sadly missed for a couple of minutes and then we'll cope. No vote for me living in London, give the independents a go and sod the political lackey that will be on display.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:33 pm

tlttf wrote:.... No vote for me living in London, give the independents a go and sod the political lackey that will be on display.

No vote for Londoners? You already had your vote, and came up with Boris. Are you now looking for sympathy?

The advice is sound enough though - ignore the lick-spittles toeing the Party Line, they'll just put Cameron/Clegg/Miliband, their heirs and successors, in effective charge of the Police. But watch with interest as the "Indies" dash their brains out against the wall of official indifference.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:38 pm

tlttf wrote:Get off of the computer and vote OW, you'll be sadly missed for a couple of minutes and then we'll cope. No vote for me living in London, give the independents a go and sod the political lackey that will be on display.

Because I live in Scotland there is no PCC elections here, do not worry tittf OW will go to his polling station and vote for HIS CHOICE you do not need to tell him who to vote for I'm certain he can make up his own MIND. Not voting for a political lackey as you put it, is that because you know that the Tories and the L/Ds are going to get there fingers burned in this election ??
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:18 am

Red you really should put your prejudice to one side occasionally, it should be a PCC that's being voted for not another layer of bureaucracy.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:58 am

tlttf wrote:Red you really should put your prejudice to one side occasionally, it should be a PCC that's being voted for not another layer of bureaucracy.

You have a cheek talking about predjudices why don't you put yours to one side ? it was this shower of Dumb Asses that brought this other layer of bureaucracy in, maybe they thought it would be jobs for the Tory boys and donors. lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by witchfinder Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:06 am

Here on the coasal fringe of North Yorkshire we have a local representative on the police authority, I know where she lives and I knew her mother and brother.

The current system of Police Authorities comprises of a committee of around 17 people, most of which are elected councillors who are appointed and must reflect the political make-up of local authorities in the police force area, most police authorities have representatives from all three main parties.

The new Police Commissioner for North Yorkshire will either be a lady from York ( 50 miles away ) or a lady from Skipton ( 90 miles away ), and they tell us that the new police commissioners improves and ensures local democracy, whatever the work "local" means to this silly government.

And so instead of a committee consisting of all political parties, the new system places just one set of hands on the police budget, one politicly motivated person in charge, a committee of one.

One person to be offered insentives from private companies looking to privatize sections of the police, evidence that this was about to happen has allready been uncovered in Lincolnshire.

A totaly stupid idea imported from Yanky land by a stupid government, the present system is fine, it works well and will always be better than having one person ruling the roost.

witchfinder
witchfinder
Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:07 pm

As usual witchy, a very good post.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:55 pm

witchfinder wrote:Here on the coasal fringe of North Yorkshire we have a local representative on the police authority, I know where she lives and I knew her mother and brother.

The current system of Police Authorities comprises of a committee of around 17 people, most of which are elected councillors who are appointed and must reflect the political make-up of local authorities in the police force area, most police authorities have representatives from all three main parties.

The new Police Commissioner for North Yorkshire will either be a lady from York ( 50 miles away ) or a lady from Skipton ( 90 miles away ), and they tell us that the new police commissioners improves and ensures local democracy, whatever the work "local" means to this silly government.

And so instead of a committee consisting of all political parties, the new system places just one set of hands on the police budget, one politicly motivated person in charge, a committee of one.

One person to be offered insentives from private companies looking to privatize sections of the police, evidence that this was about to happen has allready been uncovered in Lincolnshire.

A totaly stupid idea imported from Yanky land by a stupid government, the present system is fine, it works well and will always be better than having one person ruling the roost.

Your quite right WF like most of Scam..er..ons policies they come from the USA, if you remember he brought in Bill Bratton to get ideas on how to run the police service and I do not think that worked and this PCCs will be a complete FLOP.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:55 pm

But we will still end up with a Police Commissioner, chosen by some kind of electoral beauty contest - who will be in a position, while the idea is flopping, to do a great deal of damage (sort of like the coalition government)
Wonder how the aftermath of all this destruction will be managed?
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:19 pm

"Wonder how the aftermath of all this destruction will be managed?"

If I may be allowed a wild conjecture, in due course we could find ourselves with a National Police Force, administered from Whitehall.

The process might be slowed if electors vote for an Independent candidate on Thursday, not one of the Party apparatchiks. Massive abstention will deliver Cameron the result he wants. It certainly won't make the problem disappear.

You can see a list of your candidates here: http://www.policecrimecommissioner.co.uk/
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Yes, I thought that - will be urging all the boat people to get out there and vote Indepenent
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:06 pm

oftenwrong wrote:"Wonder how the aftermath of all this destruction will be managed?"

If I may be allowed a wild conjecture, in due course we could find ourselves with a National Police Force, administered from Whitehall.

The process might be slowed if electors vote for an Independent candidate on Thursday, not one of the Party apparatchiks. Massive abstention will deliver Cameron the result he wants. It certainly won't make the problem disappear.

You can see a list of your candidates here: http://www.policecrimecommissioner.co.uk/

I think your underestimating the people of the UK OW, I watched today (recorded) on BBC Parliament channel a debate for the Mayor in Bristol there is 15 in all that are standing, Labour,Tory,L/D, Green, Respect party the rest are all independents. I can assure you the people of Bristol will not be voting Tory or L/D the audience gave both of them a very hard time, IMHO it will go to an Independent candidate, so I tend to think the Tories and the L/Ds are not going to get away with much more of what they are and having been doing to the UK, I hope this raises your spirits OW that was my attention.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:47 pm

A message from Yvette Cooper, Shadow Home Secretary:-

Hello,

Tomorrow, Thursday 15 November, millions of people will go to the polls across England and Wales to vote. I’m asking you to join them, to go out and vote on Thursday, and send a message to this Tory-led government.

The message is clear: that the government can’t get away with cutting at least 15,000 police officers, or cutting spending on community safety by 60%.

Will you join those who have been signing up to the Labour Supporters Network to back our message that we won’t stand for police cuts that go too far too fast and put community safety at risk?

That we won’t accept Tory plans for massive private contracts for important public policing including neighbourhood patrols, even after the G4S Olympic debacle this summer.

Labour candidates are campaigning across the country on the issues that matter to local people including neighbourhood policing, anti-social behaviour, tackling domestic violence, and staying tough on crime and its causes too. And our candidates have signed strong pledges to protect the operational independence of the police because the long tradition of impartial British policing must be maintained.

Labour didn't support the policy of Police and Crime Commissioners in Parliament and we believe reforms will be needed in future. But right now as the government has introduced them we believe policing is too important to turn our backs when a lot is at stake in these elections.

We want as many people as possible to come out and vote for Labour candidates who will protect communities and fight crime so that we can send a message to David Cameron about his cuts to the police.

You can tell him enough is enough by voting Labour on Thursday, and by joining the Labour Supporters Network (it’s free) at www.labour.org.uk/plusone, or even becoming a member.

If there isn’t an election near you, you can still help by sharing this email with friends and relatives who can vote on Thursday.

And you can follow me on Twitter @yvettecoopermp to keep up with the national campaign against police cuts.

Thank you.

Yvette Cooper
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:29 pm

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:11 pm

Wither PCC? 473CF413E3C4BB3CFD04253CC77E0(msn)

" Of course, what I really want these new Commissioners to do is to ensure you plebs attend to the really vital stuff like opening gates for Cabinet Ministers..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:27 pm

I WILL GLADLY HOLD THE GATES OF HELL OPEN FOR DAVY BOY AND HIS DICK HEADS.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Cameron says that the expected low turnout in the PCC elections (few people are even aware that they're taking place) won't affect their democratic mandate. It's not quite what he and his cronies say about union strike ballots, is it?
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:42 am

Polling stations are now open until 10 p.m.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/voters-set-to-elect-first-pccs-1
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:46 pm

The Polling Station in my village is currently seeing approx.11 voters an hour. Apparently, I was number 67 at 1.15 pm. Let's hope it picks up once the commuters arrive home - they have to pass by on their way from the railway station, so there's no excuse...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:28 pm

In the early 19th. Century it was finally made illegal to have Polling Stations in Pubs, where the candidates would buy a drink for every vote pledged.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Wither PCC? Empty Directly Elected??

Post by astradt1 Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:07 pm

I see Dave's latest buzz words are 'Directly Elected' this is the reason he is giving for the new Police and Crime Commissioners.......

He claims it will be the first time we will have directly elected officials...

I wonder if he realise's that he is not Directly Elected either so why should he have any power.......His power has the same standing as the 'Local Police Authorities' which he has just got rid of.........

In fact the LPA's had more standing as they were made up of cross party LOCAL councilors so were not tied to Party Dogma.......
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Regarding the PCC elec tions, Herr Cameron has won, irrespective of yesterdays vote.

The minute the bill was passed through Parliament for the PCC elections, the Tories ideological plans to privatise much of the Police force became a certainty. It doesn’t matter how many Labour Commissioners we may have now, in the long term it will not matter a jot. We know that Labour Commissioners will fight against privatisation, and the Tories will start to privatise at their earliest chance, we also know that at present Labour Commissioners outnumber the Tories. What I believe will happen is that the Tory led forces will have many of the services now done by public sector workers, will in future be done by the private sector. In the future each time a Labour Commissioner loses an election to a Tory, that will also be privatised piecemeal until one by one they will all other than the Labour safe seats be privatised, then a Tory Government will step in saying “as the vast majority of our police forces are running with private sector workers, we will pass a bill making all police services available to the private sector. Even though when it happens Herr Cameron will be but a bad memory, his Ideology will be in place, permanently.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Apart from the current occupants of the Palace of Westminster, does anyone think that the Parliamentary system (established 1265) is "Fit for Purpose"?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:53 pm

"... does anyone think that the Parliamentary system (established 1265) is "Fit for Purpose"?"

It is my New Year's Resolution for 2013 that I shall stop being critical of any British politician.

It was also, however, my resolution for 2012 to tackle a number of jobs around the house and Mrs Hornby could advise you on progress in that respect... Embarassed
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:15 pm

The very low turn out for the PCC elections tells me that the general public do not want Police Commissioners but more bobby's on the beat the cash wasted could have provided. Yet another Government phukup.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:03 pm

When Britain had a female Prime Minister, one of her priorities was to eliminate any Organisation which had, or might develop, the power to contest the will of Parliament. Local Councils were systematically deprived of many of their powers (e.g. to borrow money) and much of the decision process was centralised. The London County Council was abolished entirely. Trade Unions were emasculated, and the large body of workers concentrated in heavy industry, with their collective strength, found themselves on the dole as tamed individuals.

The tradition is being maintained.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:53 pm

UPDATE:

The Chief Constables of four Police Districts have either resigned or announced their intention of doing so.

Looks as though some elected Commissioners are going to have a busy first day at work.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum