Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which way for Labour economic policy?

+6
tlttf
Shirina
Ivan
KnarkyBadger
skwalker1964
oftenwrong
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which way for Labour economic policy? - Page 2 Empty Which way for Labour economic policy?

Post by Calhoun Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:21 am

First topic message reminder :

Labour are in a fix, they know they need a new economic policy,  but they have the same old guys who failed with economic policy in govt, aided & abetted by the Union Leaders who sponsor them.

Until Labour can come up with a new credible economic policy they will not, nor should they, be elected to govt., it can be done but only with some radical thought and perhaps a look at what the Nordic countries have done over the last 20 years.
Check this article from the Economist http://www.economist.com/search/apachesolr_search/Northern%20Lights

We need an opposition that stops navel gazing and puts this country first, acknowledges the disastrous state of our economy and gives the electorate a genuine and credible alternative

Anonymous
Calhoun

Back to top Go down

Which way for Labour economic policy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which way for Labour economic policy?

Post by Ivan Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:38 pm

tlttf. Haven't you got anything better to contribute than just snidey comments? If you paid attention, you'd know that Labour has decided (wrongly in my opinion) not to restore child benefits to higher earners. Apparently, Cameron thinks that's a bad thing - yet it was his mob who broke their election promise and removed the principle of 'universality'.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jameskirkup/100220374/pmqs-david-camerons-confusing-attack-on-labour-over-child-benefit-cuts/

Of course, if Labour decided to restore child benefits for all, people like your pal from Jersey, and possibly you, would try to portray Labour as the party of the rich, however absurd that idea might be.

Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Which way for Labour economic policy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which way for Labour economic policy?

Post by tlttf Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:13 pm

I can assure you Ivan I would never class labour as a party for the rich, equally I wouldn't class them as a party for the working class, simply a bunch of chancers.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:44 pm

".... the lies that the Tories have been peddling for the last four years about what happened in 2008-9."

Well they would say that, wouldn't they?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:44 pm

"Labour should also go on full attack and nail the myth that the Tories are any good at running the economy..."

Yes a bit more attack would not go amiss. Although when I mention it, those who know about such things appear to tell me that Miliband mustn't 'show his hand' too soon and all that.

I'll never get the hang of this politics stuff... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:16 pm

Hello Phil. I am totally with you on this one, Neither of the Eds need to disclose policy, as lets face it how can they know now just what a mess they will inherit from the previous Government. What they do need to be doing is discrediting the Conservative led Coalition at any and every given opportunity, not stand at the dispatch box and reel off questions he knows Herr Cameron can not or just will not answer. All of the Conservative lies should be pushed into the voting publics faces and keep doing so till the fight is won.

I actually like Ed miliband, and think he will make a good Prime Minister, the problem is, he isn’t too good in opposition,
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:00 pm

Fortunately, the Big Bad Wolf doesn't know where we are.

We're over here!! Whoooo! Over here!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:21 am

Message deleted for YET AGAIN advertising 'The Daily Mail'.

Only the site owners, Forumotion.com, are allowed to advertise commercial concerns on this forum. It's possible that anyone copy/pasting can inadvertently post an advert once, but you've been told of this any number of times (most recently on 10 March, 31 March and 18 May) and continue to ignore the rules.

Any further violations will be referred to the moderation team.

Ivan.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:15 pm

I wonder if a return to the PRINCIPLES of the Beveridge Report, combined with an intelligent argument about how they can and should apply in today's economic climate, would adequately serve Labour's policy needs?

After all, we now have Want, Disease, Ignorance, Squalor and Idleness all over again - I'd like to see some policies that address those issues, in a rational, non-judgemental and evidence-based way.

Or is that a bit too academic and geeky?
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2