Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Misinformation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Misinformation

Post by whitbyforklift on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Why is it that people who are supposed to be in the know arent?
I asked my work pension people what I should do to stop paying tax now that I have retired.
They told me to send my p45 to them.I did.I was taxed as usual this month.I phoned them and was
told they knew nothing about it.I should have sent it to the tax office.
I went to a venue in my town and asked to see age uk and was told they at a different place.I went there and was told, they have never been here.Whats going on?
whitbyforklift
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Re: Misinformation

Post by keenobserver1 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Speak to the Inland revenue, they should be able to help you.
keenobserver1

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Sadly WF, this is all too common!

I had exactly the same prob. when retiring early on ill health.

AND exactly the same problem with the damned illusive Mac Millan bunch this last year!

The Citisen's advice are also ~VERY hard to get hold of, but when there, the advice given IS bullet proof!

FRANKLY the BEST advice on who to contact comes from my Nurse Practitioner. Like a Star @ heaven Boy! has she done some homework!! bless her cotton socks!
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:24 pm

whitbyforklift wrote:Why is it that people who are supposed to be in the know arent?
I asked my work pension people what I should do to stop paying tax now that I have retired.
They told me to send my p45 to them.I did.I was taxed as usual this month.I phoned them and was
told they knew nothing about it.I should have sent it to the tax office.
I went to a venue in my town and asked to see age uk and was told they at a different place.I went there and was told, they have never been here.Whats going on?

A likely explanation is the reduction in numbers of Public Sector employees. When two people are expected to do the work of three, something's going to suffer.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:45 am

Hello OW, surely asking any of the 2 to simply do a days work isn't asking too much. Isn't the main problem finding the idle twots in the first place. Do you think it's due to the fantastically expensive inoperable super computer that isn't in place?

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:41 pm

OK land have your fun,

The Truth is that no 2 departments, or institutions are speaking from the same hymn sheet.

Is this a deliberate ploy?

The Polish (or ANY other immigrant) get all the ACCURATE advice as soon as they leave the DFDS Amsterdam Ferry at North Shields!
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:39 pm

Very true astra, perhaps we need to stop all translation of the law of the land at our expense and simply state all requirements in English, those that want to partake will then have to learn the lingo, taking a lot of cost and pressure from public services.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by astra on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:01 pm

OR!!

Be like SWEDEN

"Yer've got 2 years to learn the lingo or gerroot!"

Have you seen what the interpretators get paid?

if you speak urdu and polish you've got it made!
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by gator on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Whitby, it looks like  you are getting the classical bureaucratic runaround. I was unclear if you had to pay this money out of pocket or if it is deducted from some upstream source. Here's a hint if you have to pay it out of pocket.

Many years ago, I had a little misunderstanding with our phone company. They had left a huge [i.e. 100 foot length of temporary cable strewn across our lawn. Not only was it a tripping hazard, every time I wanted to mow the lawn or look after the flower beds, it was in the way. Every time I phoned to inquire when they were going to fix it properly, they had an excuse of one form or another. Finally, after about two years of this, I simply quit paying my phone bill. Of course, a polite reminder came with the next bill...and the next... and the next. After about four months, these "gentle reminders" turned into "Listen you deadbeat, pay your bill or else!!!!" finally one day, I received a phone call at work from the telephone company. The message was either I pay my bill within 24 hours IN CASH or my phone would be disconnected. I said that was fine and they should disconnect the stupid thing AND - here's the kicker - five minutes later, I would be at the neighbour's place on his phone calling the Federal and Provincial Ministers of Telephones and Telecommunications [and I gave the names of these individuals so they knew I was serious].

You know what? The next day my phone line was repaired properly.

In your case, it may not be that easy but sometimes you have to throw a little sand in the grease just to get some attention.

gator
gator

Back to top Go down

Post by whitbyforklift on Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:27 pm

[b]HI Gator.Got E mail telling me I done right thing in first place?Crossing fingers,not holding
breath.Amen.
whitbyforklift
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum