Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do they understand?

+8
Norm Deplume
stuart torr
Dan Fante
oftenwrong
polyglide
Penderyn
Shirina
Heretic
12 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Do they understand? - Page 5 Empty Do they understand?

Post by Heretic Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

There is one kind of Christianity that never spoken about. This is the one where Christians see that the heart of God is broken because his children “Adam and Eve” chose the fruit of “the tree of the Fruit of the Knowledge of Good and Evil” rather than to live within his will and grow into his children. Mature children that would pass on through the generations his will and his Kingdom in their hearts. These children would not of needed a messiah because they would not of fallen.

It could be that this broken hearted God has worked tirelessly through the generations to establish the condition where a symbolic foundation could be made to start the restoration of mankind and at various levels through Noah, Abraham, Issac, Jacob eventually to Moses and through the history of the Jewish people up to the life of Jesus.

Jesus represents symbolically a rebirth of the ideal that Adam was meant to fulfil. Jesus would of established The Kingdom of God On Earth if the Jewish people had embraced him but instead for the sake of fear and a few other excuses. As a consequence of this betrayal by the Jewish people of God’s anointed one the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth could not be established, but there was enough of a foundation for God’s Kingdom to be established spiritually and for God to continue working with mankind but instead of through the Jewish people he elected to work through those that accepted and relied on Jesus as the foundation of their lives.

Parallels have been drawn between events in Jewish and Christian histories and significant events.

I don’t have time to check the reliability of the owners of the site but I have come across these ideas before http://www.puritans.net/news/parallelhistories022403.htm among other places I saw the essentials of Jewish / Christian parallel histories on a wall chart/poster in the office of a Catholic Priest.

What comes out to me from the Bible account of the Jewish people and early Christian history is how hard and how desperately God worked for man’s salvation and how that was don done primarily through the lives of significant people in a specific genealogy first of physically through the Jewish people and then spiritually through the Christians. This work has been tireless on the part of God but patchy on the part of those few significant men, men that everybody else needed to catch the coat-tails of.

The Jews still look for their Messiah, the Christians seek the return of theirs and Islam (which could be perceived as a successful attempt to bring the idol worshipping Bedouin into the monotheistic fold) are expecting a figure to come at some unspecified time in the future to wrap up history to some kind of conclusion [not dissimilar to Revelations and Jewish End time prophesies].

That was a very brief synopsis of monotheism but the striking thing is the effort of God and a tiny number of others. What gratitude does God get for this? From many people a false sense of gratitude and a shopping list, if I was God I might feel tempted to tell these where to go so it’s just as well I'm not God.

Where is the understanding of this parents broken heart, his patience, who can even imagine God crying each time one of us hurts him by, who can imagine wiping the tears of God and promising with every fibre in his existence that he will not hurt him again, who tries to undo all the harm they've done. I have seen this but not in a religious context. I have seen it when a repentant son asks his father for forgiveness, and seen the promise of good behaviour kept. Where it is not seen is in church, it is not seen in the prayers of Christians or in their hearts enacted (in their lives in other words).

[I will post this on two sites so if you happen to post on both then please forgive me but I have been thinking of this for a while].

Heretic

Heretic
Heretic
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Do they understand? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do they understand?

Post by stuart torr Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:03 pm

Well PG, YOU WILL BE ROTTING IN YOUR COFFIN just like I will unless you have opted to be burnt.

stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:50 pm

polyglide wrote:Why would a human evolve and develope all the feelings he has and all the abilities he has, unless there was a purpose?.

Why can't we develop our own purpose?

Why must our purpose be assigned to us by some third party like a teacher assigning us work. Surely if free will means anything at all, it is the ability to choose our own purpose.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:51 pm

polyglide wrote:Why would a human evolve and develope all the feelings he has and all the abilities he has, unless there was a purpose?.

Why can't we develop our own purpose?

Why must our purpose be assigned to us by some third party like a teacher assigning us work? Surely if free will means anything at all, it is the ability to choose our own purpose.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Very true Shirina.
We all surely have the ability to choose our own purpose, that is why we are developing albeit slowly but surely in some places.
We all will know what we want from life, and where we are going in life by our choice.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:43 pm

polyglide wrote:No,  all the facts point to there being intelligence far beyond our understanding being involved in the universe of which we are only less than a thought.

I wonder if you'd indulge me with some of these facts, as I am unaware of them?
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:45 pm

polyglide wrote:The more the scientists learn the more complex the answers become

Yet nothing it's discovered indicates the existence of a deity that I'm aware of, and lets face it such a discovery would be fairly big news.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:14 pm

PG makes more sense does she not Sheldon the further on down the discussion do you not think?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:31 am

polyglide wrote:Wrong, Cristianity promises a good life for all today were they all to adhere to God's wishes.

Doesn't it strike you odd that this offer wasn't made until just 2 to 3 thousand years ago. When humans first evolved about 200 thousand years ago?

What was your god waiting for, and 6 why did it waste 100s of millions of years messing with dinosaurs evolution only to wipe them out?

The whole thing is so far removed from reality it's absurdly implausible.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5