Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most likely result of the general election in 2015?

+18
astradt1
cybercheshired
patakace
Sharon
methought
stuart torr
ghost whistler
James Gibson
boatlady
bobby
buckspygmy
Ivan
oftenwrong
Phil Hornby
witchfinder
Redflag
Penderyn
Tashski
22 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Most likely result of the general election in 2015? - Page 13 Empty Most likely result of the general election in 2015?

Post by Tashski Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Looking at the current state of UK politics what do you all think is the most likely outcome of the next General Election?

Personally I think Labour will win but not with a out right majority (as it currently stands at least).

I had a quick look and couldn't see another thread like this but if there is my apologies.
Tashski
Tashski

http://tashb.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Most likely result of the general election in 2015? - Page 13 Empty Re: Most likely result of the general election in 2015?

Post by bobby Fri May 08, 2015 4:11 pm

It seems the bookies favourite is Andy Burnham.

bobby

Back to top Go down

Most likely result of the general election in 2015? - Page 13 Empty Re: Most likely result of the general election in 2015?

Post by bobby Fri May 08, 2015 4:39 pm

The problem now is, Herr Cameron and Iain Dumkopf Schmidt will take full advantage of their position, and implement all of their ideological evil plans with the excuse "its what the public want, that's why they voted us in with a majority".
I have said before that, I think the Labour loss was as far as I am concerned due to Ed Miliband' lack of effort over the past 5 years, not just the 4 weeks leading up to the election. I must admit though, he did get better as time went by, and had he started earlier he would have been unassailable yesterday. It really is a shame as I honestly believe Ed Miliband would make a good PM, its such a shame he is/was all but useless in opposition.
Labour had been offered so many open goals from the Tory led Coalition, and at no time did they take advantage of them, they allowed the cons to dictate the agenda from day one and at no time did they take the initiative.
I guess we won't have to wait too long to see just what the evil Conservative bastards have in store for our poor, sick and elderly and the usual post election in fighting that has become a part of any Tory win, as we will hopefully see demonstrated by Two Jobs Johnson.
Good luck people and congratulations to you Red for your sterling efforts and commitment,, what a shame there are not a few thousand more like you!!
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri May 08, 2015 5:39 pm

bobby you are lucky that you get away with swearing,some of us cannot say two words wrong.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri May 08, 2015 5:56 pm

The Labour Party have five years in which to re-group. There's no rush to appoint a new Leader. First they need to decide how they are going to attract VOTERS. Though Tristram Hunt may be the man to watch.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri May 08, 2015 6:06 pm

I do not think that they will attract more voters OW, until the tories have done their damage of another term in office, then the party will be the only one that can really undo the damage done.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Fri May 08, 2015 6:58 pm

I think it's time now for Labour party members to start attending CLP meetings, making their councillors and MP's accountable, getting involved in community activism at food banks and other local resources

The strategy for this election, and it was a good one, was to have many many conversations about politics and what constitutes good government - maybe as it is a new way of doing politics we weren't as good at it as we should have been - we've now got 5 years to get the message out - maybe less if Cameron's position becomes untenable.

Politics isn't just for elections - it's our daily lives

Time to start the fight back - we know we all deserve a better government and we know that people who are ill or disabled or down on their luck deserve better from our government - time to start saying so loud and clear wherever we can be heard.
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LWS Fri May 08, 2015 7:05 pm

They (Labour) have fallen prey to the Tory lies on various things such as the economy, SNP, NHS and just about everything else.

Rather than systematically dismantle these lies, labour were timid and let them get away with it for far too long. The result being people actually swallowed the lies and believed them to be true!
LWS
LWS

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri May 08, 2015 7:23 pm

Absolutely correct LWS
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Fri May 08, 2015 8:48 pm

Why do leaders after a bad result behave like Roman generals and fall on their swords. Miliband and Clegg blame themselves for the bad results, so they resigned has leaders. Farage, said he would resign as leader of UKIP if he failed to win the seat he was contesting so he resigned. Said he was going to rest up for the Summer, and when they are going to elect a new leader for the party later in the year he will throw is hat in the ring to become the leader again. He will automatically be re-elected as leader, he kept his promise to resign if he didn't win the seat, where has Miliband and Clegg there is no return.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri May 08, 2015 9:59 pm

stuart torr wrote:-
you are lucky that you get away with swearing, some of us cannot say two words wrong.
Please leave the moderation of threads to the staff!   silent

Firstly, there are two categories of swearing. Some might argue that ‘bloody’ (which you’ve used without any admonition) is swearing, but it’s considered mild by most people. I've used the word ‘bastard’ occasionally, and that is the point – occasionally. An expletive of that kind to show one’s exasperation is understandable and doesn’t degrade the forum if used sparingly. The second category – the ‘f’ and ‘c’ words – are automatically censored, the first with stars and the second turns into what might be Cockney rhyming slang for the most recent UK health secretary…..  

Secondly, it depends on whether you are using your occasional mild swear word with reference to some politicians or using it at someone on this forum, as when a former member gratuitously used the ‘f’ word on a thread in an attack on a member of staff. There’s a big difference if you think about it, and common sense needs to prevail.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Fri May 08, 2015 10:15 pm

I don't swear never find the need too, well not bloody often anyway. Not even when I woke up to the result of the election, when I went to sleep Labour had three seats the rest of the parties nothing. When I awoke thought in the morning I couldn't believe what I was hearing, what the hell happened.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri May 08, 2015 10:26 pm

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised or not as the case may be.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri May 08, 2015 10:29 pm

Jack so you saw them take sunderland,it just started going downhill from there mate,cons got the next,hey presto the exit poll was right,sorry to say.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri May 08, 2015 10:31 pm

"The soft answer turns away anger" has been part of the language for almost as long as we've had a language. The rigid ways of the military in addressing various ranks are there to preserve good order in battle, and there are very good reasons why Courts preserve traditional forms of speech like "My Lord" or "Your Honour" alongside "m'learned friend" for fellow lawyers, to avoid heated exchanges. Parliament has its curious forms like avoiding proper names in favour of "The Honourable Member for XYZ" and the medical profession is particular about its "Doctor", "Mister" and "Nurse" forms of address.

Showing respect is usually appreciated, and returned.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthelad Fri May 08, 2015 10:41 pm

stuart torr wrote:Jack so you saw them take sunderland,it just started going downhill from there mate,cons got the next,hey presto the exit poll was right,sorry to say.

I didn't believe that, thought it was a load of crap, they questioned 20.000 voters out of millions, how the heck do they come up with a result like that. That ex leader of the Lid/Dems, Paddy Ashdown never ate his hat either, and he said he would eat his hat if the poll was proven right, he never believed the exit poll either.
jackthelad
jackthelad

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri May 08, 2015 10:54 pm

I know he never Jack,hope they get it ready for him on a plate for next election. Laughing Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Most likely result of the general election in 2015? - Page 13 Empty Most likely result of the election

Post by Redflag Sat May 09, 2015 11:52 am

bobby wrote:Absolutely correct LWS

I will second that bobby, at the moment I am down but not out it will take me a while to pick myself up, I did see in Wednesdays Daily Mirror Murdoch was offering a £100.00 to anyone that would vote Tory that is something to think about.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat May 09, 2015 12:09 pm

I haven't heard that one before!  Mad

As, sadly, we know the result of the general election, this thread has become out of date and is now locked.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13