Welcome to Cutting Edge. Guests can see and read the contents of most of the boards on this forum but need to become members to read all of them. Currently membership is instant, but new accounts may be deleted if not activated within fourteen days.

If you decide to join the forum, please open your welcome message for further details. New members are requested to introduce themselves on the appropriate thread on our welcome board.

Members may post messages and start threads, but it is essential that they read our posting rules and advice before doing so. If you have any immediate questions or queries, please post them on the suggestions board.

After posting at least ten messages, members are able to contact each other and the staff through our personal messaging system.

This forum is administrated by Ivan and moonbeam and moderated by boatlady and astradt1.

Thank you for visiting Cutting Edge.

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2)

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2)

Post by Redflag on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Maybe Goves wife will provide the job seekers with the money to buy her expensive facial creams, and maybe while she is at it she could take them out and buy them a new outfit to attend there interview with  so they can get a zero hour contract job. lol! lol!
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this another Tory scandal brewing? (Part 2)

Post by oftenwrong on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:00 pm

The Fleet Street rule-of-thumb is that Ms. Miller is toast if this is still a front-page story NEXT weekend.

oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:29 pm

bobby wrote:Iain Duncan Smith said:

Maria Miller row is at risk of becoming witch-hunt, says Iain Duncan Smith

I wonder just what Iain Dumkopf Schmidt would be saying, if it where one of his hated benefits claimants who tried to nick a tenner a week in extra benefits.
Anyway she is a bleeding witch and should be treated in accordance with her CRIME .

IDS's latest move is for the DWP to make those who falsely claim benefits be forced to sell their homes to pay back the money claimed........Even if the claim was by error i.e. they failed to provide corrected information following a change in circumstances....

Welfare cheats must sell their homes: IDS announces tough new fines on fraudsters who cheat taxpayers
Employment Secretary says cheats will have to raise money to pay back the benefits they have wrongly claimed
There will also be higher fines brought in for cheats caught committing fraud, tougher checks on current claimants and a new benefit fraud division set up in the Department for Work and Pensions to pursue those who make false claims.
In addition, a publicity campaign will be launched to try and urge claimants to ensure their details are correct and they are not accidentally receiving too much money.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now what was it Miller said about her 'benefit' claim?

Perhaps we should do what Grant Schapps wants the media to do and move on........!!!!!!
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

http://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:40 pm

Miliband (and Labour generally) can make hay with this - but will they?

Or will this be another golden opportunity fumbled and lost by what begins to look like a prime candidate for 'runner-up'...     Shocked
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:48 pm

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:09 am

Phil Hornby wrote:Miliband (and Labour generally) can make hay with this - but will they?

Or will this be another golden opportunity fumbled and lost by what begins to look like a prime candidate for 'runner-up'...     Shocked

I agree PH it would be a golden opportunity for Ed and the Labour party to stir this up with the biggest spoon he could find, but he needs the full facts so that he can make the mud stick to Miller and the Tory party or he would be accused by the Tories of making a political point, as I have said before there is more than "One Way to Skin a Cat" lol! 
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:41 am

maybe the facts of this case will speak for themselves - think most people may be capable of seeing that her behaviour was WRONG - Cameron supporting her just shows the whole gov't is corrupt
boatlady
Administrator (Global Moderator)

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:08 am

The Tory gov't has been CORRUPT since May 2010 boatlady as they were in the Thatcher Tory gov't, I think Ed Miliband does not want to behave the same way as the Bullingdon Toddlers group behaves so if Labour do stir this Miller story up they will have been given the OK from Ed after they have checked out the true facts. stirpot
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:38 am

"... there is more than "One Way to Skin a Cat"

Indeed so, Redflag - but you don't want, through choice, to use a mouse to do it...      Crying or Very sad
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:35 pm

Why use a mouse PH, when you can use something much larger and a bit more dangerous?
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.](msn)

" Oooh no, Mr Cameron -it's like I told that Maria Miller : I can't give you no credit. You'll just 'ave to go to one of them food banks like all the rest..."
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:03 am

In my opinion, this article by ‘Fleet Street Fox’ is one of the best and most damning summaries of the Maria Miller scandal:-

Maria Miller has no honour, no vocation - and no skill

Let me tell you about a woman who lives on state benefits……

It’s telling, perhaps, that she has been supported by colleagues whose own expenses aren’t exactly benign - like Jeremy Hunt and Sir George Young.

Read the article here:-

It gives us a clue as to why Cameron insists on defending the indefensible. For years he has been getting us to pay the interest on a £350,000 mortgage on a property in his constituency, even though he has a mortgage-free house in Kensington which he rents out. He also has two rent-free homes which go with his job.  Shocked
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:34 am

IVAN The link you gave in your post does not surprise me since the last expenses scandal came to light NOTHING has changed, even now that IPSA is in changed because more than likely IPSA will be getting a nod and a wink from Davy boy to allow his MPs to claim for what they want.

Heard a fact yesterday that the majority of MPs in the house of Commons own homes that they have rented out in the private sector  that is the reason there will never be any regulations to govern this sector because most of Davy boy and Cleggs MPs would lose money. pokenest 
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:56 am

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:04 am

A real corker of an article.

If only Ed could find the same venom with which to attack...      Crying or Very sad
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:48 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:A real corker of an article.

If only Ed could find the same venom with which to attack...      Crying or Very sad

I do not think he needs to find the venom to attack the Tories with PH, the venom is already there I think Ed does not want to STOOP as LOW as the BULLINGDON BULLY that has a very temporary lease on No10 Downing St. pokenest 
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.](telegraph)

Keep smiling, dear- after all, you've still got the cash you took from those who could afford it less than your grasping greedy self...
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:00 am

When you take a good hard look at all the scandals that heve came out of this Tory led gov't over the past 4 years, then throw in all the nasty cuts Bedroom Tax Benefit caps ect. It will have done the Labour party a lot of good turning people away from voting Tory even in Basinstoke Hampshire which is Millers constituency people there will not be voting for her in 2015 or let us hope any other Tory.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:31 pm

Memories are made of this ....

oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:02 pm

lol! lol! lol! 
made me giggle
boatlady

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:36 pm

We want MORE, MORE, MORE...!
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:01 am

Phil Hornby wrote:We want MORE, MORE, MORE...!

Surely Ivan could give us a good run down of resignations in the Thatcher gov't of 1979-97, I doubt they would be as juicy as Davy boys gov't because if I remmeber correctly two chancellors where forced to fall on there swords all to save the "Old Hag"
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:33 am

Thatcher put an end to the "false dawn" of the working class, which had been downtrodden all through the 1930s, but emerged into relative prosperity after 1945 with universal free education, the NHS, unemployment and sickness benefits.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Nigel Evans is innocent of all the charges brought against him.

The CPS appears to be under pressure for having brought the case - not least from Tory MPs who would have a very different view had the accused been a Labour politician .

Had that been the case they would have been rubbing their hands at the prospect of a conviction and positively incandescent had a not guilty verdict been the outcome.

Total and utter hypocrisy - as usual...
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:36 pm

I agree PH but that is what the Labour party should be doing in regard with the Maria Miller story, which has brought up the expense scandal of 2009 again this should be made a meal of because your spot on if that had been a Labour MP the Tories would have used it until it was threadbare. stirpot
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:39 pm

If we believe in the jury system of justice, perhaps we should just accept the verdict in the case of Nigel Evans. I'm sure the jurors have seen more of the evidence than we have. However, it does seem odd that seven young men appear to have colluded to make allegations against him. If that's the case, will they be prosecuted for conspiring to pervert the course of justice, or maybe perjury? I somehow doubt it.

I have another idea, and no doubt one of our members will accuse me of being a conspiracy theorist yet again. If the CPS is persuaded to bring a number of prosecutions against minor celebrities, and they fail and bring the prosecution service into disrepute, it will strengthen the case for calling off the various enquiries into the paedophile activities which engulfed Thatcher's cabinets and, it appears, royalty.
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:30 pm

I did not seek to suggest that the Evans verdict was not just - I simply say that the attempted prosecution of a Labour politician would not have been met by Tory MPs with the sort of anti-CPS rhetoric that we are currently seeing - even in similar circumstances.

And any theory that suggests the Tories would act in any way - however dishonest -to protect their own interests meets with a nod from me. They are grade one hypocrites to whom nothing is too low to try in the pursuit of saving the skin of themselves and their grubby sort...
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:55 pm

In the current climate of mutual distrust, I don't see the Police taking in much Tory dirty-washing.
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:31 pm

I bet they wished the verdict had been announced yesterday.......
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:11 am

A Cameron victory in May 2015 will be likely to see moves to ensure that sufficient pressure is put on the CPS to ensure that no Tory MPs - or those generally favoured by the Nasty Party - are ever brought before the Courts.

After all, we cannot have such luminaries bothered with the trouble of having to answer criminal charges can we?  Watch the attitudes change, however, should any Labour -supporting individual ( or LibDem by then!)be under scrutiny - we shall see a very different attitude to the judicial process then.

How deep into the gutter are these reptiles prepared to go, one wonders...?      Shocked
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Although he was cleared of all nine charges of rape and sexual assault, Nigel Evans spoke of his involvement with a man 33 years his junior, who had previously done work experience in Westminster.

Channel 4 News has been investigating sexual harassment in Parliament. It spoke to 70 people and found it to be "something that's really part of the fabric". The investigation found that young men are more likely to get harassed than women. One Tory MP said that those who believe themselves to be victims of unwanted sexual advances should "grow a pair".

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:00 pm

Interesting piece that.

We really do need a bit of house cleaning in our government it seems
boatlady

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Ivan & boatlady I watched that report on channel 4 news and I think our gov't needs to be Scrubbed from top to bottom until it IS as white as snow.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong on Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:25 pm

It's all part of the 1997 Show, and still 13 months to go until the next election.

"Just as you think that things couldn't possibly get any worse - they do!" M. Thatcher
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:01 am

Chris Grayling claimed for London flat despite nearby constituency home: MPs expenses

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:11 am

It is true the EFFING TORIES HAVE GOT BRASS NECKS they are the biggest SKIVERS & SCROUNGERS on Gods earth there is more criminals living on the outside than there is in HM Prisons.

After the May 2015 when we have a Labour gov't we need to get these BACKSTUDS before a judge in a court of Law, and if that does not work all MPs get good pensions pots, take there over generous pension pots away from them and tell them they are getting EFF ALL in pension from the public purse. deadhorse 
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:56 pm

Inquiry into Tory conference ‘gay-sex party paid on expenses’

Extracts from an article by Oliver Wright:-

The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority (IPSA) is to investigate claims that the taxpayer indirectly funded a hotel suite that was used for a gay-sex party during a Conservative Party conference.

A suite of rooms costing up to £2,500 per night was booked at a Manchester hotel by the Policy Research Unit (PRU). The PRU, which is overseen by senior Conservative figures, provides “parliamentary research” for the party’s MPs that is carried out by a team of mainly young researchers and interns. The majority of the PRU’s £437,725-a-year income comes directly from the taxpayer via MPs’ expenses. Tory MPs each pay nearly £4,000 a year to the PRU which they claim back through IPSA.

If the PRU paid for the suite of rooms in Manchester, it may have been in breach of parliamentary expense rules – regardless of what went on there. IPSA’s rules clearly state that “staffing expenditure may not be claimed for any party political activity”. The rules add that “attendance at political party conferences or meetings” cannot be covered by parliamentary expenses.

This follows revelations that a number of Conservative MPs regularly got drunk, “flirted” and made passes at young male parliamentary workers during Commons drinking sessions. 'The Independent' has been told that some of these researchers may have worked for the PRU.

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:24 pm

The scandals coming out of the Tory party keep coming thick and fast Ivan, I know the scandals of the Thatcher Tory gov't but this is much worse there is not a week goes by than a scandal of one sort or other is being reported, Anyone that says anything about the scandals is VILIFIED even there own Tory MPs (Ms Sarah Wollaston) has been told to apoogise because she did the correct thing.
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan on Sun May 04, 2014 12:17 am

Tory cigarette packaging rebel Priti Patel is ex-tobacco lobbyist

From an article by Jamie Doward:-

Tory MP Priti Patel argues that plain packs will be the "final nail in the coffin" of hundreds of newsagents. She has repeatedly spoken out against the measure – which health campaigners hope will come into force before the general election – and written articles saying that it will encourage trade in counterfeit cigarettes. Patel was for several years a lobbyist working for British American Tobacco, in a team that sought to derail government plans for an advertising ban and responded to a Department of Trade and Industry investigation into alleged cigarette smuggling.

Internal company documents obtained by ‘The Observer’ show that in 2001, while working for lobbyist Weber Shandwick, Patel billed for 126 hours of work a month at £165 an hour on the BAT contract. One Weber Shandwick memo explains that Patel will "provide strategic advice on the account, with a particular focus on the Conservative Party".

Paul Burstow, the Liberal Democrat MP who chairs the all-party parliamentary group on smoking and health, said: "There is an overwhelming majority in Parliament for standardised packaging and for ending smoking in cars with children present. It is alarming that the tobacco industry still seems to have friends on the right of the Conservative Party doing their utmost to derail the legislation at the last minute."

Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby on Sun May 04, 2014 1:33 am

Is this the same British American Tobacco, the very prominent Tory Ken Clark was or is up to his neck financially with?
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag on Sun May 04, 2014 7:36 am

bobby wrote:Is this the same British American Tobacco,  the very prominent Tory Ken Clark was or is up to his neck financially with?

When you take a good hard look at the Tory MPs bobby, they are all at it if its not tobacco companies there on the boards of the financial sector by now most of the Tory MPs will know that they will be losing thre seat at the 2015 general election, and wil have jobs lined up with some company or other that this Tory gov't have given lucrative gov't contracts too.  stirpot 
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum