Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

+5
oftenwrong
boatlady
Ivan
ghost whistler
stuart torr
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 2 Empty Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by Redflag Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi stu

Heaven Help the UK if it does happen I just hope none of those that voted Ukip better not come crying to me when they find out that Ukip are more far right than the Tories, as I will have NO sympathy for them in fact my reply will be "Hell Slap it into You" plus the rest of us will have to pay for your STUPIDY.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by stuart torr Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Know how to describe the liberal left now Penderyn, Laughing

stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time?

Post by ghost whistler Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:49 am

It's interesting that Mr Ware (he of Rochester flag waving van driving tweet fame) objected to his registration number and house number being publicised, but was then happy to take (presumably) some coin from the Sun (he's also a Tory voter) to appear in public.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:54 pm

I thnk what he wants GW is to be able to take the right wing 30 pieces of silver, but for it not to know to the wider public I just hope that HMRC ask him to pay tax on his 30 pieces of silver.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:03 pm

I'm willing to bet he's everything The Sun accused Thornberry of accusing him, as the occupant, to be.. if you get me.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:59 pm

Let us hope his wife has picked the colours for number 10.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:53 pm

Now we all knoiw why EWd Miliband has kept his cards close to his chest after last Mondays "DODGY DOSSIER" from the Tories based on assumption & Tory LIES about what the Labour party what they would do if they got into gov't in May 2015.

But within an hour the dossier was proved to be a tissue of blatant Osborne & Camerons LIES, so I hope you all underrstand now why Ed did not come out with his plans for gov't any earlier.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:07 pm

Redflag wrote:Now we all knoiw why EWd Miliband has kept his cards close to his chest after last Mondays "DODGY DOSSIER" from the Tories......

I hope you all underrstand now why Ed did not come out with his plans for gov't any earlier.

I hope that too. Not sure what the fair-weather friends will say.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:41 pm

#EM4PM - that's what I say.
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:38 pm

I will second & third thart thought boatlady, if the UK public has any sense at all they will vote for Ed Miliband for PM to make sure they get a fair just and honest gov't.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:48 pm

Most sensible people will Redflag.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:47 pm

Praise indeed from an unexpected quarter – Peter Oborne of ‘The Spectator’. bounce

Ed Miliband is the most accomplished opposition leader since the war

Oborne explains that while he is a Conservative journalist, his job is to tell the truth and put political prejudices to one side, which leads him to conclude that Ed Miliband is a man of incredible accomplishment and bravery, whose efficacy is demonstrated by the ferocity of the press backlash against him: “I have followed Mr Miliband with growing admiration as Labour leader. I think he has been the greatest leader of the opposition since something like Attlee, I mean certainly since World War Two, in terms of sheer achievement. The country is screaming out for a conviction politician and we’ve got one in Ed Miliband.”

Oborne adds that he is uncomfortable with the extent that big business is funding the Tories, adding: “If you want a hedge fund manager-run Britain, vote Conservative”.

As you can imagine, this hasn’t gone down too well with those die-hard Tories who have been driven to post comments under the article:-
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/02/peter-oborne-ed-miliband-is-the-greatest-opposition-leader-since-the-war/

It seems that every time the supposedly 'weak' Ed Miliband takes on vested interests, he wins. Now Lord Fink has admitted that he has used tax avoidance. Very Happy
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:59 pm

We have to resist the temptation to sing, "Things can only get better."
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:42 am

sing it anyway OW and we will all join in. Laughing Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:21 pm

That is one song stuart we will be able to sing loud and proud on the 8th May 2015.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:39 pm

Or how about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtKADQnjQmc

with some apologies for the dated fashion
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:17 pm

no apologies needed boatlady.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:38 pm

With the current abundance of advice being heaped upon Ed Miliband from the Tory Party, how can he possibly lose?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:44 am

I know I'm going to regret posting this - but here goes.
I'm reading lots of comments on Ed Miliband that refer to him as sneaky, deceitful, traitorous etc - and I don't get it at all.

I know he ran against his brother in the election for the Labour leadership but I'm not aware of any skulduggery involved in that, and I haven't heard any other factual reports of him telling lies or engaging with any dirty tricks.

Is this just a smear campaign or is there evidence out there that Ed is not to be trusted?
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:15 am

Your spot on boatlady it is just a smear campaign against Ed Miliband, as for entering the leadership contest along his brother & others does that mean because I have bought a lottery ticket you can not because you might win and I will not.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:09 pm

boatlady wrote:-
I know he ran against his brother in the election for the Labour leadership but I'm not aware of any skulduggery involved in that
On ‘The Daily Politics’ last Wednesday, that Murdoch stooge Andrew Neil used the “knifed his brother in the back” phrase, which should be challenged every time we hear it. David and Ed Miliband were both members of the last Labour government. You can argue that David held a more senior position (foreign secretary) or that he was older, but primogeniture counts for nothing in the Labour Party; it isn’t run like a hereditary monarchy and David had no automatic right to succeed Gordon Brown. David is very much a Blairite, Ed is slightly more left-wing, so members of Labour’s electoral college (MPs and MEPs, party members and members of affiliated unions) were given a clear choice (and three other candidates to choose from – Abbott, Balls and Burnham).

The quickest way I counter this smear (and it fits into a tweet) is by saying that two brothers went for promotion and one of them got the job. That hardly constitutes fratricide. At this point in any exchange with a Tory, the goalposts will probably be moved and it will be alleged that Ed was chosen by trade union leaders. That’s a lie, of course; thousands of individual members of unions affiliated to Labour cast their votes by post. The union block vote was abolished in 1993.

Had David been chosen as leader, you can be sure that he would have been subjected to a similar smear campaign as Ed has had to endure from the Tories and their media poodles. I seem to recall that they had already lined up a photo of him carrying a banana.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:36 pm

The right-wing smearathon will run from now until early May, becoming increasingly shrill as the date of the general election approaches. Currently the Daily Wail describes the Miliband household as having the wrong sort of kitchen.

YCMIU © a very old "friend" 2010
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:25 pm

So, I haven't missed anything important - he really might well be the decent bloke I and many others believe him to be.

Just having a bit of trouble getting my head round the really vicious comments I'm reading
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:18 am

I think Ed Miliband knew what was coming and was ready for it boatlady, but when he is our PM he will prove what a bunch of LIARS   the Tories and the right wing press really are so maybe in the future people will not believe a word they say.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:47 pm

Red, Ed Miliband needs to prove the lies in order to become our next PM. Ed Balls did a good job on the right wing Tory show "The Andrew Marr Show". He wouldn't allow himself to be silenced by Marr and simply kept talking until his point was made, also he outwitted Gideon Osborne by getting him to shake his hand in agreement to a TV debate between the Chancellor v Shadow Chancellor. It was nice to see the uncomfortable look on Osborn's face when he realized he had been hoodwinked.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:08 pm

That was brilliant - made me laugh out loud.

Sorted out the men from the boys, I felt
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:24 am

bobby wrote:It was nice to see the uncomfortable look on Osborn's face when he realized he had been hoodwinked.

Your spot on Bobby imagine a sneaky Tory been hoodwinked by a Labour Chancellor it proves that Labour are starting to get there act together it just remain for Ed Miliband to hoodwink Davy boy into doing the TV head to head debates.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:29 am

Bloody hell, the latest from Rachel Reeves, in the Guardian:

"If she became secretary of state for work and pensions, Reeves said she would immediately issue guidance to Jobcentre staff making it clear that staff would not be rewarded for the numbers of sanctions they distribute."

The paucity of ambition beggars belief. This is the best this useless cow can offer?
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:26 pm

Politicians of whatever hue are forced to speak in "soundbites" because idle reporters won't bother themselves with reasoned argument.

By definition, it would seem to me that a "Job Centre" whose primary activity results in punishing the unemployed for not having a job has failed us completely.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:38 pm

So it's the Guardian's fault? Rachel Reeves doesn't have the power to offer better solutions because of journalists? That makes no sense.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:50 pm

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 2 Tumblr_m5vfp6zCcR1rys4czo1_500
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:58 pm

Well it was your claim so if you don't know how to answer it perhaps you ought to think more before posting.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:58 pm

ghost whistler. You seem to have a ‘thing’ about Rachel Reeves. That’s your prerogative, or maybe problem, but please don’t use misogynistic language such as ‘cow’ when referring to her or anyone else on this forum. Thanks.

Surely it’s a good thing that Jobcentre staff will no longer be rewarding people for sanctioning claimants? I can’t see your objection. If that was the only policy which Rachel Reeves has for changing the sociopathic regime of Iain Duncan Smith at the DWP, then maybe you would have a point, but I suspect that it isn’t. We’ve discussed elsewhere until we’re blue in the face what Ms Reeves did or didn’t say about the benefits bill, and unless you can come up with some fresh evidence I don’t see the point of revisiting that.

This thread is supposed to be about Ed Miliband. Apparently he’s got one and a half kitchens, which is probably more acceptable to most people than being the Tory Party chairman with three names and a capacity to tell lies only matched by his boss.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:22 pm

I have a 'thing' because social security is the most important issue to me and she is the labour prospect for that portfolio.

Oh yes it's a good thing alright.

But you massively miss the point. It's going nowhere near far enough.

Even Jack monroe is saying she's had enough of your chums.

ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:45 pm

“The big savings to be had are by tackling the root causes of the benefits bill,” she said. “If every young person who can work is working and if people are paid a wage that they can afford to live on, so they don’t have to draw down on housing benefit and tax credit, then that’s going to save a lot more money than all the talk in the world about shirkers and scroungers.”

Little quote there from the actual interview - seems reasonable to me - of course it's not the second coming or the beginning of heaven on earth - but then I'm sort of an adult and don't necessarily need that
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Is Ed Miliband living on borrowed time? - Page 2 Empty chacun à son goût

Post by oftenwrong Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:27 pm

Though another sort of adult might prefer everything to be IN CAPITAL LETTERS, with salient points underlined and the whole in purple ink for emphasis.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:44 am

bobby wrote:Red, Ed Miliband needs to prove the lies in order to become our next PM. Ed Balls did a good job on the right wing Tory show "The Andrew Marr Show". He wouldn't allow himself to be silenced by Marr and simply kept talking until his point was made, also he outwitted Gideon Osborne by getting him to shake his hand in agreement to a TV debate between the Chancellor v Shadow Chancellor. It was nice to see the uncomfortable look on Osborn's face when he realized he had been hoodwinked.

Bobby it will be even nicer to see him squirm at the lecturn when he cannot answer the questions or defend his policies since 2010, the first 3 years he flatlined the Economy making things worse rather than better but did not admit it I think Ed Balls will make mincemeat of him in the debate because there is nothing he can say to defend his policies not unless he does the usual LIE or blame the Labour party.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:57 am

boatlady wrote:“The big savings to be had are by tackling the root causes of the benefits bill,” she said. “If every young person who can work is working and if people are paid a wage that they can afford to live on, so they don’t have to draw down on housing benefit and tax credit, then that’s going to save a lot more money than all the talk in the world about shirkers and scroungers.”

Little quote there from the actual interview - seems reasonable to me - of course it's not the second coming or the beginning of heaven on earth - but then I'm sort of an adult and don't necessarily need that

The Labour party have also said if everyone is in a full time job with decent wages there will be no need for them to claim working tax credits or housing benefit hence cutting the benefits bill by so much, plus there will be more money going into the treasury in tax from those people on the living wage something the Tories do not want to do, as they want to keep us under the thumb and allow there donors to become fatter & richer.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:00 am

boatlady wrote:....it's not the second coming or the beginning of heaven on earth - but then I'm sort of an adult and don't necessarily need that

Well noone asked for a second coming so that's a silly straw man.

A pro capitalist pro corporate pro banksterism pro big business as usual party such as Labour aren't going to be in any position to tackle the root causes of why people claim benefits. They don't have a policy comparable to the Basic Income idea which would go a long way to alleviating the need for benefits and much of the benefit system. Not only that but nowhere is she promising to remove sanctions, axe the Work Programme and shut down the mess that is Universal Credit which, as i have expleined, she could have scotched long ago.

I have no faith in Labour at all when, again as I have explained, they have sided with the Tories. Noone here seems to care about the 130 million quid stolen via sancions from claimants wrongly penalised for refusing to participate in IDS's bungled workfare proposal. In fact I have yet to hear Labour pledge to ban workfare altogether, along wihe zero hour contracts.

She has no answers. At all.
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:15 am

OK - don't vote Labour then.
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost whistler Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:29 am

boatlady wrote:OK - don't vote Labour then.

Why do you support benefit sanctions?
ghost whistler
ghost whistler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:50 am

ghost whistler. Now you’re just trolling and way off the topic of the thread. Knowing that boatlady has done a lot of work in the voluntary sector, I am 100% certain she doesn’t support benefit sanctions, and you’re just making mischief to suggest that she does. Most of us here would probably like Labour to be more left-wing, but we also know that the party has to take at least 10 million voters with it. Maybe you’re too young to remember what happened in 1983.

Clearly you don’t like social democracy, and this thread would be the appropriate place for you to express your opinions on it:-
https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk/t431-is-social-democracy-the-best-system-of-government-or-does-it-just-make-capitalism-appear-acceptable
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next