Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charity begins in the marketing department, then the boardroom

2 posters

Go down

Charity begins in the marketing department, then the boardroom Empty Charity begins in the marketing department, then the boardroom

Post by NIN Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:15 pm

As i am sure some of you will know Sainsburys have just announced that David Beckham is to become their new face and disabled kids olympics sport hero ambassador, after already donating £150 million worth of sporting equipment to schools, Sainsburys will not be using Mr Beckham to advertise their products and prices but all the good they are going to do for disabled children in sport and how to eat healthy food when you havent got any money, and of course David is so excited about this privalege and chance and that alongside sainsburys they can make a real difference to the lifes of disabled people,,and of course Sainsburys cannot think of a better ambassador and role model for disabled people to look up to than David beckham who is going to put 1 million able bodied children into 1 million wheelchairs?,,and is also going to encourage able bodied children to take up at least 2 disabled sports?.

What a crock of shit,,firstly if David really considers this a privalege and this is supposed to be charitable in some way,,,then why have sainsbury's paid him £5 million?,,why hasnt he donated it?,,,,it's not like he needs it.

secondly,,so sainsburys cannot think of a more inspirational role model and ambassador?,,,well how about their current one Ellie Simmonds 2x paralympic gold medal winning swimmer,,,as i am quite sure she knows more about being disabled and overcoming her disabilities,,,now (and excuse the french) she is really effing inspirational,,,,but i dont think they paid her £5 million..and lets not forget that unlike spitting vulgar tatooed obscenly wealthy tax avoider Beckham,,,Ellie has actually won something of worth at an international level unlike mr Beckham.

Thirdly if Sainsburys was really so concerned about the welfare of disabled people ,,then why doesnt it employ at least 2 in every one of it's stores in direct contact with their customers (and no this isnt a piss take),,give them a job,,a wage,,a sense of worth and meaning and of fitting in,,,,,i mean if they can become athletes then working the till or stacking shelves should be a walk in the park.

So now we know why sainsburys is so expensive,,and all this really is, is nothing more than a disgusting marketing ploy aimed at the parents of disabled children and at the heartstrings of non parents

to sum up

Sainsburys have paid David Beckham £5 million to tell us all that shopping in their stores we are helping disabled kids,,i for one will no longer use their stores,,,i want cheap shopping and i dont get that from Sainsburys and now i know why,,,,,,,also i have a free will which allows me to give to whatever charities i think deserving,,,and those tied to high street giants and other profit making organisations are not on my list at all.

Anonymous
NIN

Back to top Go down

Charity begins in the marketing department, then the boardroom Empty Re: Charity begins in the marketing department, then the boardroom

Post by oftenwrong Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Sainsbury's are big enough to speak for themselves.

How they choose to spend their Store Publicity budget is entirely a matter for them. Un-publicised, the family give considerable support to charity.

Mr. Beckham is a saleable commodity who should be free to exploit that asset so long as he is able.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Charity begins in the marketing department, then the boardroom Empty Re: Charity begins in the marketing department, then the boardroom

Post by NIN Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:30 pm

[the family give considerable support to charity]

Yes i know,,how much have they donated to the labour party?.

All those millions and yet it is still full of people with severe learning difficulties.,,waste of money if you ask me.
Anonymous
NIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:38 pm

I suppose, on the face of it, donating £150 million worth of sporting goods is no small sum of money, so an extra £5 million for the figurehead isn't horrible. What would be unconscionable is if Beckham wanted £5 million from a non-profit charity organization. Since Sainsburys is a business that earns a considerable profit, I'm less inclined to care if they choose to pay the man such a large sum. However, having said that, there are two legitimate questions to be raised. First is the idea of Beckham feeling he should be paid - or even want to be paid - for heading a non-profit charity drive for children. One would think that this is something a moral person would do for absolutely nothing. The second question that Beckham himself should think about is - every penny Beckham earns is a penny that cannot be used for the children. Perhaps that extra £5 million could be used to better serve the cause he is representing?
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:40 pm

All those millions and yet it is still full of people with severe learning difficulties.,,waste of money if you ask me.

Well, you can't make a learning disability go away with money. All money can do is hire staff and acquire resources to help a person overcome a learning disability.
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down