Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A 'government of firsts'

+12
Mel
blueturando
atv
Ivan
witchfinder
astra
trevorw2539
Redflag
Scarecrow
oftenwrong
Stox 16
astradt1
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A 'government of firsts' - Page 3 Empty A 'government of firsts'

Post by astradt1 Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

This government seem to be a 'government of firsts' and I don't mean honors degrees.

We recently had the first NHS Hospital to be run by a private company and today it was announced that we will see the first Police Station to be Built run and staffed by the Tories' favourite private security firm G4S....You know the ones who handle prisoners in transit and private prisons...

G4S, Private Firm, To Run Police Station In Lincolnshire

Private security firm G4S will design, build and help run a police station in what is thought to be the first deal of its kind.

Although the deal with Lincolnshire Police Authority could save up to £28m, it has been criticised by the the Police Federation who warned private sector contracts could leave police officers "high and dry in times of national emergency".

Any takers for a Fire Station????
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

A 'government of firsts' - Page 3 Empty Re: A 'government of firsts'

Post by Stox 16 Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:05 am

Redflag wrote:
Stox 16 wrote:
blueturando wrote:The usual tactics then....I seem to remember a few of those Labour spin doctors getting caught out for doing that too, Damian McBride and the Labour blogger Derek Draper I think

It seems they just cannot help lieing and this lot have caught the disease

BEST IF YOU LOOK A A REAL TORY ECONOMY.
At the very time tax revenues are declining and a debt crisis is ravaging the global economy, our politicians have chosen to go on an unprecedented spending splurge. To fund it, the Government borrowed a monumental £170.8 billion last year. If all goes well, we're set to borrow another £167.9 billion this year.

This kind of deficit is far greater than during the recessions of the 80s and early 90s and even higher than when Britain went cap in hand to the IMF in 1976

Some on this forum will not believe your figures Stox, we will have to wait until there time in power is at an end then and only then will the TRUTH of what they borrowed during there time in office will be known, I do not know about any body else but I will make sure i know the FULL AMOUNT.
Hi Red
The Truth is Red there borrowing is almost totally out of control...as they still have failed to address the fact they have no fiscal growth policy of any note...right now they are borrowing on the bond markets and are cashing cheques they will have to pay back in 10 years time. while adding to the QE bill for there friends in the City. what's more some Tory backwoods men know they are hanging on by the skin of there teeth. Most people rightly or wrongly do not full understand what is in fact really going on...This is why the polls are the way they are...but time is running out very fast for them...Gideon will re-dress up his economic figures for his budget. ...but under the Red book is the true story....They have so little in the way of good news that its all about the government bond markets and the cost of borrowing...he did have some good Manufacturing figures but nothing to shout out about...as the economic is still flatling... Its my own view that you will soon see a call for more QE... No matter what the polls show or what the Tory fan club say they are in deep s''''t Red...what's more its now of there own making... all the silly talk of putting the national and banking debt stright has well gone out of the Blue window

Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:01 am

astra wrote:Any one remember the 80s?

When Madge created all of those luvverly 'dole wallahs', then complained about the expanding black market, and the massive expansion of the "Lump" where people worked but did not declare it?

Wait for it, just wait!

I remember the LUMP Mel my brother-in-law worked on the lump.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:47 am

England's major roads could be run by private firms in a deal compared to the sell-off of the water industry under plans to boost infrastructure spending being set out by David Cameron.

Camer-con said he hoped it would emulate the "great success" of the 1989 water industry privatisation. Ehhhhh??????? Success for whom? We have
found out to our bitter costs.

Whats next? privatisation of the air we breath?
More opportunity for the big boys to make fortunes by ripping us off as usual.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:32 am

Mel wrote:Whats next? privatisation of the air we breath?

Its so funny Mel the first post that I ever done on any political forum was about what you are talking about, I had said I was waiting for Thatcher to stick meters on our backs and charge us for the air we breath because that was the next thing she was going to privatize. elephant
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:46 am

The thing that concerns me Red is that Cameron is doing more damage to the poor and middle classes in 5yrs than the Witch achieved in some 13ys and nothing and nobody it seems can or will do anything about it.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:55 am

Whats next? privatisation of the air we breath?

A 'government of firsts' - Page 3 11-75
Mel

A 'government of firsts' - Page 3 Icon_pm

A 'government of firsts' - Page 3 Empty A 'government of firsts' - Page 3 Empty

Hope there is a clause that includes improving air quality in some of our cities.Smile

One thing about the proposal for privatisation of roads. I believe it is another nail in this appalling Governments coffin. Is there anyone, apart from the rich, who can afford to use toll roads. Other than you, of course;)

The only conclusion I can come to is that our 'leader' is that alien everyone is looking for. I certainly don't recognise his proposed country as a country for all.

Feudalism is still alive and recovering after several hundred years of decline. Yes my lord. Certainly my lord.

Good lord, what is happening to our country.

OUT, DAMN SPOT. Lets wash our hands of you.

Acknowledgement to the Bard (Copyright?) Laughing
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:30 am

This is nothing short of blatant money making, for those that can afford to buy into the scheme or should I say scam. Obviously the idea is to put Toll booths every 50 metres or so, to make us pay for the roads we have already phucking paid for.
No one can accuse this Tory led Coalition of not hitting the floor running, or of running out of ideas for that matter, its just that all their ideas are crap, and not one is ever thought out properly. They are behaving just like their forebears in that they think, then do without any time in between for working out as to if its plausible and FAIR (just to use one of the Bastard Herr Cameron’s favourite words).

Just who the hell does he think he is, as WE owned the utilities his predecessors sold, WE own the roads. I bet he thinks that if he prices the poorer off the roads there will be more room for him and his ilk, Then he and Doris Johnson can ride their bikes the wrong way down a street without having to ride on the pavement.

I know there are laws prohibiting MP’s from purchasing shares from Privatisations, but is there any laws prohibiting off shore companies from buying into yet another Tory cash cow, and who is it that own many of the off shore companies.

I honestly believe these ex public school boys are playing a game, they have already got away with so much and are still in power, they just like small children are now seeing just how far they can push the boundaries.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:26 am

What gets to me, REALLY gets to me, is the £100 million and more cameron is giving away, "to developing nations"

MY ARCHIEBALD!!

We have a Hospital being discussed on here, sold off because it is £35 million in debt (think that's the figure) Crying or Very sad and we have the A1 north of Newcastle to Berwick needing dualled. He would have CHANGE out of that £100 million if he used the money FOR THE WEAL OF THE REALM! A concept which is obviously way abve any bory brain cell!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:53 am

MSN NEWS Mr Cameron will say that the taxpayer cannot afford to pay for the improvements needed to ease traffic jams meaning the Government must turn to European-style private funding systems

Hello V Mate. I’ve just thought of a novel Idea, why doesn’t he use the money we pay in Road Tax for any improvements necessary. I wonder what the Tax Take is for Britain’s road taxes, and how much of that actually goes into our road system. They call it road Tax or vehicle licensing whatever, but its being spent on everything but the roads. The French roads used to be so bad, they had to develop cars with suspension that could cope with them, now they have some of the best roads I have ever driven on, its us who now need a better suspension system to cope with our atrocious roads. Heaven help us V, as there is a further 3 years of it. Whatever next.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:54 pm

Vauxhall Opel, in their write up blurb, testing the omega model said that they HAD to bring models to UK as the roads on the continent could not compare to our pothole ridden, badly surfaced and wrongly cambered corners. No wonder our accident figures are so high AND serious. Think of the last Vectras - Omega floorpan, everything omega except the name badge.
If Taxpayers money was used correctly for the use it was paid in for, there would be NO problems! Governments are so strapped through wanton largesse they have no cash.

Edit, Edit, Edit, Edit, Edit, Edit, Edit, Edit, Very Happy

I done it AGAIN, yes I know you don't believe me! and you are too kind to say, but I erred in the above post!!

YES ME!! Shocked

Please change ALL REFERENCE to the Omega model to the INTEGRA

Last edited by astra on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:00 pm

The adult rate of the minimum wage is to rise by 11p to £6.19 an hour from October, Business Secretary Vince Cable has announced.

But the rates for younger workers will be frozen at £4.98 for 18 to 20-year-olds and £3.68 for 16 to 17-year-olds.

Laughable if it didn't want to make you cry.

For a 40hr week the increase is £4.40 extra per week........ WOW!!!!

What a vote winner!!!!!!!

October is not too long to wait now is it??
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:33 pm

Hello Mel, when crumbs fall from their lordships plates, the plebs should doff their capa and be gratefull.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:45 pm

I cannot understand why the Banks and Government are not full of 16 to 17 year olds on one year only contracts of employment!

AH YES That's it!

With the dependancy of employment agencies these days, managers up and down the land do not have any knowledge of the concept of a contract of employment (excepting when it comes to themselves obviously)
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by tlttf Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:31 pm

A coalition doing more for the low paid than the previous troughites are called uncaring, what was the word for the previous incumberments. I'm beginning to believe that it's me personally paying for all the public utilities, privatise the roads as no government over the last 25 years has spent a penny on them.

Just come back from Spain where the local AP7 toll road is magnificent, more of that in England please.

tlttf
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:37 pm

tlttf wrote:A coalition doing more for the low paid than the previous troughites are called uncaring, what was the word for the previous incumberments. I'm beginning to believe that it's me personally paying for all the public utilities, privatise the roads as no government over the last 25 years has spent a penny on them.

Just come back from Spain where the local AP7 toll road is magnificent, more of that in England please.

Spain, Portugal, France and other Countries of the EU have built magnificent autoroutes/autopistas/motorways paid for by the European Community. Each is signposted with expressions of gratitude. The Thatcher government and its successors preferred cash rebates.

As ye sow, then shall ye reap. Handbaggings or toll roads - choose one.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Land, if the money collected in Tax (various) for our road system (£49 Billion) was spent on our road system instead of the paultry £9 Billion (figures - Edmund King of the AA) then our roads could be paved with Gold just for the fun of it!

We ARE paying enough!

Successive "Troughites" since Mac Millan have seen to it that the money goes where THEY deem it .

I suggest that this is fraud!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:46 pm

The money collected from the Road Fund Licence (Tax Disc) has always disappeared into The Treasury's "Consolidated General Fund".

The Road Fund was a British Government fund designated to pay for the building and maintenance of the United Kingdom road network. Its income came originally from vehicle excise duty, until that ceased to be hypothecated for roads use in 1936, and then from government grants. It was created by the Roads Act 1920 and Finance Act 1920, and was wound up in Miscellaneous Financial Provisions Act of 1955.

The Road Fund is notable as one of the few beneficiaries of hypothecated taxation in British history, and is the root of a popular misconception that vehicle excise duty (especially when referred to as road tax) is still hypothecated. Between 1920 and 1936 the vehicle licence (tax disc) was officially known as the "Road Fund Licence", a term which is still in colloquial use today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_Fund
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:22 am

0600 - 2300 2300 - 0600
Mon-Fri: £3.00
Sat-Sun: £2.80 Class 1 - Motor Cycle £1.80
Mon-Fri: £5.30
Sat-Sun: £4.80 Class 2 - Motor Car £3.80
Mon-Fri: £9.60
Sat-Sun: £8.60 Class 3 - Car and Trailer £7.60
Mon-Fri: £10.60
Sat-Sun: £9.60 Class 4 - Van or Coach £8.60
Mon-Fri: £10.60
Sat-Sun: £9.60 Class 5 - HGV

M6 TOLL PRICES

Fine for well off football players to travel at ease along with those with their Bentleys and of course MP's who no doubt claim the expenses.

HGV vehicle costs are passed on to us.

This is the future under the Tories. These measures will ultmately force the poorer of us off the roads.

As the Witch said "make money any way you can". Like her son perhaps, make a fortune even by crooked means. Tory ideology.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:48 am

A commentator in a radio discussion on Sunday observed that we British demand better roads and railways, but resent paying more tax for the purpose; that we moan continuously about traffic congestion, but hate to pay the Congestion Charge; we want more generous Pensions but choose not to contribute enough during the working lifetime.

The decision is actually simple, do we decide upon a "User Pays" system (that favours those who can afford it), or provide public facilities as a public service at public expense?

The answer may depend upon which Political Party you favour.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:05 pm

In the wake of the 2008-9 recession, Camer-con had not ruled out raising taxes, and have said it will be difficult to scrap the 50% top rate of income tax. They have said how they would prefer to cut a recent rise in national insurance.

Not that "difficult" was it now?

First we had the above statement by cameron before the election. This was followed by "we will consider scrapping the 50% top rate only when we see good growth and improvents within the economy". The word "consider" has been used by him and Gideon many times on this subject. Paving the way for the inevitable and intended 50% cut whilst looking to be indecisive right up to this budget, where those of us who knew better were certain this cut for the rich would come sooner or later irrispective of the state of the country.

Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:28 pm

Wasn't the 50p rate supposed to be a 1 year temporary measure? according to Alistair Darling....And if not, why didn't Labour introduce this in 97 rather than wait until they knew they were going to lose power.

If the 50p is shown to be a revenue loser and also discouraged foreign investment and business growth, do you still believe the rate it to be correct or do you think that more investment by companies both here and abroad would help drive the British economy forward

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:48 pm

We are often told, by this government that the'wealth creators' are being driven away by the fact that we have a 50% tax rate but they seem reluctant or unable to give the numbers or even names of some of those who have left...or where they went to.....

I trust that next year, with the reduction of this rate there will be a big influx of all those people back to the country...

I wonder what happened to Camorons call for Patriotism or is that just something that is expected from the less well off?

astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:40 pm

astradt1 wrote:We are often told, by this government that the'wealth creators' are being driven away by the fact that we have a 50% tax rate but they seem reluctant or unable to give the numbers or even names of some of those who have left...or where they went to.....

I trust that next year, with the reduction of this rate there will be a big influx of all those people back to the country...

I wonder what happened to Camorons call for Patriotism or is that just something that is expected from the less well off?

Yes astrad1 they will come back but there money will stay in the off shore account.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:13 am

Blue, overseas investors are happy to come here in any case because they can now fing cheap labour and are able to abuse the tax system.
Many businessmen here have been noted as bragging that they pay less in tax than their cleaners. If Gideon is going to close these tax loopholes (which I doubt will be his priority) then surely this measure will drive many away and not encourage new investment.

All the measures set out in the budget are supposed to assist "small business" however will ony assist the large wealthy companies, therefore again it is all for the rich once again as they are the ones who clamber for tax avoidence and no doubt evasion if they can get away with it.

In addition the reduction of the top rate is supposed to help companies expand. There are thousands upon thousands of company directors and indeed employees who are earning £150k and over pa who will gain by this cut.
What and how if any do you see this benefit growth and company expansion if the majority of benificiaries are mainly indevidual employees?

Very rich for Gideon to slam tax avoidence when he and his front benchers enjoy this facility themselves.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:06 pm

Mel wrote:The thing that concerns me Red is that Cameron is doing more damage to the poor and middle classes in 5yrs than the Witch achieved in some 13ys and nothing and nobody it seems can or will do anything about it.

There is only one group of people that can stop Scam..er..on and that is the voting public Mel they put them in so they will have too get there heads together and decide the best way of getting them out, IMHO they will listen too us so the next thing is ACTION either a General Strike or Civil Disobedience or something along the lines of what the youth did last summer without the looting or any criminal damage, I have my own ideas B.B.Q or hang draw and quarter the entire front benches and warn anybody takes there seats they would suffer the same fate I know Im kinda quite nasty but you got to fight fire with fire.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Red, sorry to sound pessimistic but I feel that the average man in the street will do nothing to rid us of this disgusting shower.
He may moan and groan but the old days of the soapbox in Hyde Park and the strength of union protest has withererd on the vine. Camer-con has seen to it that he and his henchmen have a full 5yrs to destroy all left wing implemented policies. Worse than that they will replace them with Tory ones and are doing so unoposed and with total arrogance. God help us, no one else will.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 pm

The 2012 United Kingdom local elections are due to take place across England, Scotland and Wales on 3 May 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_local_elections,_2012

Unless apathy rules yet again, this should provide the opportunity for a referendum on the Coalition.

If they're still grinning afterwards, the British Electorate will have what it deserves.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:38 pm

I don't know if this is the right thread, but it could be a first.

I've been thinking about things here, and how like the US it is becoming. Everything being sold of to private enterprise, our NHS being privatised, our police being armed (on special occasions), the poor neglected etc. etc.

Then I read of Camerons visit to the US a week or so ago. His visit to a basketball game and generally being shown around.

Then I read this

"The alliance between the United States and Great Britain is a partnership of the heart, bound by the history, traditions and values we share," they wrote.

"But what makes our relationship special - a unique and essential asset for our nations and the world - is that we join hands across so many endeavours.

"Put simply, we count on each other and the world counts on our alliance."

Then it all makes sense. We are being primed to be the next US state:roll: Very Happy

If anyone else has posted a similar theory I apologise. I may have missed it.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:26 am

"Unless apathy rules yet again" It will OW.

"If they're still grinning afterwards," No doubt they will be OW.

I understand from a friend of mine (LD supporter) that All known LD supporters have been e-mailed or written to at length by their various LD MP's, offering "their take" on the budget.

Clegg is being hailed for----wait for it----"standing up to the Tories on behalf of the poor the elderly and the sick." Giving him much credit for the so called "generous pension increase and the lower rate tax measure and hitting the rich."

ALL the other many cruel and unfair Tory measures he has gone along with.
Even so I expect the thick the apathetic and the duped will do the wrong thing at voting time once again.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:45 am

" Clegg is being hailed for----wait for it----"standing up to the Tories on behalf of the poor the elderly and the sick." Giving him much credit for the so called "generous pension increase and the lower rate tax measure and hitting the rich."

Truly, no lie is too big, too far-fetched, or too unpleasantly displayed in a morass of shit , for the LibDems or their friends to seek to lay in front of the public. I have news for them : some of us are not as gullible as they would dearly wish us to be... Evil or Very Mad
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Mel wrote:-
Clegg is being hailed for----wait for it----"standing up to the Tories on behalf of the poor the elderly and the sick." Giving him much credit for the so called "generous pension increase and the lower rate tax measure and hitting the rich."
Astonishing. The pension rise is in line with inflation, so not an increase in real terms, while the changes to personal allowances will cost pensioners anything from £80 to £300 a year. And thanks to Clegg failing to stand up to the Tories, we're all paying more tax because he allowed them to introduce that 'VAT bombshell' he warned us about in the election campaign:-

A 'government of firsts' - Page 3 Liberal-Democrat-VAT-post-006

The sick have had their benefits cut and the poor don't pay tax, so thresholds make no difference to them. We once again have proof that just about everything Clegg says is a sham. And his party is so deluded that they're discussing how they must replace Labour as 'the party of the left':-
http://www.libdemvoice.org/opinion-lib-dems-must-replace-labour-as-the-party-of-the-left-27670.html

8% of people think that Elvis Presley is still alive. I wonder if they're the same 8% who still support the Liberal Democrats?
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:15 pm

Red, sorry to sound pessimistic but I feel that the average man in the street will do nothing to rid us of this disgusting shower

Of course they will Mel......If the coalition's policies have failed to work by the next GE and Labour and Miliband get their act together to offer an alternative, then the man/women in the street will vote them out....simples!

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Blue, that is obvious. I was referring to the ousting of your damn lot before the next election.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:50 pm

Millionaire Gideon Osborne yesterday denied he was a top rate taxpayer.

He dissmissed suggestions he would benefit on income over £150,000 from 50p to 45p.

The barsteward made no mention of the rental income from his £2million-a- year house or his £4million stake in the family wallpaper business.

He denied it twice. First when Ed asked the Tory front bench to "own up or nod" if any of them would benefit. Second denial came in a TV interview.

Do these creeps think we are unable to see through their lies?
Answer yes, because only the few bother to check out these lies. We certainly cannot rely upon the media/press to highlight the subject. The BBC in particular.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Blue, that is obvious. I was referring to the ousting of your damn lot before the next election

And I was saying that the electorate needs to be an alternative for that to happen. Unfortunately Labour are currently not providing that. It's no good Miliband coming out with a 5 minute winge on coalition policies and then later saying they wouldn't reverse them or at refusing to to say they would, or have an alternative in mind.
All that tells the electorate is that Labour currently hasn't got a clue what it would do in the current situation.
I am usually a fan of Chukka Umuna, but I was quite disappointed with his performance last might on QT. He had a great opportunity to come down hard on the coalition, but he hardly said anything...just shook his head a bit. The audience showed much more passion!!!
When will Labour give floating voters the confidence to vote for them again???

Last edited by blueturando on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:56 pm

BBC told Dmbleby to keep interupting him Smile
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:24 pm

For once I have to agree with you guys and say the panel was biased in favour of the coalition...No one there really seriously challenged any issues on the budget

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:29 pm

Bahlueturando wrote: Of course they will Mel......If the coalition's policies have failed to work by the next GE and Labour and Miliband get their act together to offer an alternative, then the man/women in the street will vote them out....simples!

The alternatives have been widely discussed , its just that they probably don’t publish them in the Tory daily toilet papers, or show them much on the Herr Cameron censored TV. If you don’t know what has been proposed by Labour, may I suggest you take your nose out of your bag of pick n mix and pay a bit more attention. If you are paying attention remove your blue tinted specs and see what is, not what you want.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:26 pm

"If you are paying attention remove your blue tinted specs and see what is, not what you want."

Ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:03 pm

blueturando wrote:For once I have to agree with you guys and say the panel was biased in favour of the coalition...No one there really seriously challenged any issues on the budget

The Yellow Tories could of stopped some of what the blue Tories have done but as the the L/Ds have not got a backbone to stand up to Scam..er..on and his cohorts but by the time the next GE they will be wiped out as a party and they can thank Nick Clegg Vince Cable and Danny Alexander who no party will touch them with a barge pole.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:06 pm

This is the first time I have known of a government who reccomends the storage of fuel in domestic property and we have result of such a dangerous practice

A woman has been badly burned after petrol ignited as she transferred it between containers in her kitchen.

The woman was decanting fuel from one container to another in a house in York when it ignited and set fire to her clothing, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said.

She was taken to hospital with 40% burns to her body.

Two firefighters put out the fire and removed the remaining petrol.

A fire service spokesman warned people about storing petrol in their homes.

Peter Hudson, of North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service, said: "Members of the public should take extreme care when handling and storing petrol and be aware of the risks associated with incorrect use and storage of fuel.

Now I dont know who the more foolish one was, The woman for doing such a stupid thing, or the Tory Politician who recommended the storage of such a highly combustible substance in her home. My guess is it is the woman who was the more foolish, not for storing the petrol, but for taking on board anything a Tory says.

Personally though, I find it appalling that a Minister of state, who is Charged with the safety of the general public, could be so stupid as to recommend such an dangerous (potentially fatal) action. I mean you don’t have to be very clever to realise you are in effect putting an incendiary bomb in your home, but when told to do so by one of the supposed leaders of the Country, takes it to a whole new level.

Is there anything this Government do right, it seems all they touch turns to crap, not quite the Midas touch is it.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next