Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arizona employers could fire female workers for using birth control pills

+3
trevorw2539
astra
astradt1
7 posters

Go down

Arizona employers could fire female workers for using birth control pills Empty Arizona employers could fire female workers for using birth control pills

Post by astradt1 Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:19 pm

A proposed law in Arizona could apparently allow employers the right to fire female workers for using birth control pills.

The Republican-backed HB 2625 bill would allow bosses to ask women whether they are using contraception and even demand provide proof they are using the pills for non-sexual reasons.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03/14/arizona-employers-could-fire-female-workers-for-using-birth-control-pills-if-hb2625-bill-is-passed_n_1344104.html?ref=uk

Land of the Free????
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Arizona employers could fire female workers for using birth control pills Empty Re: Arizona employers could fire female workers for using birth control pills

Post by ROB Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:50 pm

BBC News search results for “A proposed law in Arizona could apparently allow employers the right to fire female workers for using birth control pills”:

• “Sorry, there are no results for your search”

I doubt the veracity of this apparently non-news story.

astradt1 wrote:
Land of the Free????

Yes.
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Arizona employers could fire female workers for using birth control pills Empty Re: Arizona employers could fire female workers for using birth control pills

Post by astra Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Rob,

Having glanceed only, through the link, it seems that EMPLOYERS can enjoy First ammendment rights, but NOT EMPLOYEES.

Land of the free iffin' yer have the cash!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Arizona Employers 'Could Fire Female Workers For Using Birth Control Pills' If HB 2625 Bill Is Passed
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Arizona employers could fire female workers for using birth control pills Empty Re: Arizona Employers Workers For Using Birth Control Pills

Arizona employers could fire female workers for using birth control pills Empty by astradt1 Today at 8:07 pm

Arizona Employers 'Could Fire Female Workers For Using Birth Control Pills' If HB 2625 Bill Is Passed

Only applies to the pram and cot making factories. oops:shock:
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:37 pm

astra wrote:
Rob,

Having glanceed only, through the link, it seems that EMPLOYERS can enjoy First ammendment rights, but NOT EMPLOYEES.

Astra,

I trust BBC to differentiate between blogs and news. I "Binged" and "Googled" both the Huffington quote posted in the initiating thread in its entirety and the key words derived therefrom. All hits were either Huffington or blogs. Not one hit from a legitimate news source like Reuters, Associated Press, CNN, and especially BBC.

So I pulled up BBC from my favorites list and entered the same information. See my first post for the results.

I continue to doubt the veracity of the Huffington report. Until I see this story reported by a reliable source, I will continue to doubt the veracity thereof, and will treat this story as a non-story.
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:40 pm

How would the bosses know if the employee’s are taking birth control pills, Unless they insist the bosses wear a condom on pay day and if they don’t make that insistance, they get the tintack.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by marvholly Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:41 pm

I watch several different newscasts/day (mid-day and eve) hitting different major broadcast stations (ABC, NBC, CBS-don't have cable so no CNN).  Also caught the weekly news wrap up on PBS Fri eve.

I also hear numerous radio news reports when I am out and about as I was on Tue & Fri (8:30 am-2 pm).

Further, I check the news highlights on my ISP which carries Huffington articles.

NOTHING about this anywhere this week.
Anonymous
marvholly

Back to top Go down

Post by ROB Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:45 pm

marvholly wrote:
I watch several different newscasts/day (mid-day and eve) hitting different major broadcast stations (ABC, NBC, CBS-don't have cable so no CNN).  Also caught the weekly news wrap up on PBS Fri eve.

I also hear numerous radio news reports when I am out and about as I was on Tue & Fri (8:30 am-2 pm).

Further, I check the news highlights on my ISP which carries Huffington articles.

NOTHING about this anywhere this week.

This is the first page of a Bing search today, 17 March 2012. No urls of any reliable news sources.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Arizona Employers 'Could Fire Female Workers For Using Birth ...
A proposed law in Arizona could apparently allow employers the right to fire female workers for using birth control pills.
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03/14/arizona-employers-could-fire...

Arizona Employers 'Could Fire Female Workers For Using Birth ...
www.scoop.it/t/real-utopias/p/1423040034/arizona-employers-could...

Arizona Proposes a Law to Allow Employers to Fire …1 day ago
... Fire Women Who Use Birth Control Pills ... Arizona's an at-will employment state, that means that bosses critical of their female employees' sex lives could fire ... workers ...
www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/iowa/ajax.html?t=11401750

Law Will Allow Employers to Fire Women for Using Whore Pills
603 posts • By Erin Gloria Ryan • 327,587 views • Published Mar 13, 2012
... birth control pills provide proof that they're using it for non-sexual reasons. And because Arizona's an at-will employment ... female employees' sex lives could fire ...
jezebel.com/5893011

AZ Law Will Allow Employers to Fire Women for Using Birth Control ...
... their female employees' sex lives could fire ... AZ Law Will Allow Employers to Fire Women for Using Birth Control Pills For ... Why Employers Should Want Their Workers Using ...
www.opednews.com/Quicklink/AZ-Law-Will-Allow-Employer-in-General...

Proposed AZ Bill Would Allow Employers To Fire Women Using The ...
... using birth control pills ... Arizona's an at-will employment state, that means that bosses critical of their female employees' sex lives could fire ... work state, Arizona ...
crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/your-papers-please-part-ii-arizona-bi

Arizona Law Will Give Employers The Right To Fire Women Who Use ...
Mar 14, 2012 • Arizona Law Will Give Employers The Right To Fire Women Who Use Birth Control ... he could then fire any employee who he feels is using the BC pills ... workers …
www.inquisitr.com/205348/arizona-law-will-give-employers-the-right...

Proposed AZ Bill Would Allow Employers To Fire Women Using The ...
... before work ... was using birth control pills ... Arizona's an at-will employment state, that means that bosses critical of their female employees' sex lives could fire …
infofeeder.info/latest-information/94815-proposed-az-bill-would...

Arizona HB 2625, Bill Allowing ANY Employer to FIRE Women Who Use ...
Mar 14, 2012 • ... any Arizona employer to fire women who use birth control, is ... them to fire female employees who use birth control pills. According to the Arizona ... to deny workers ...
morallowground.com/2012/03/14/arizona-hb-2625-bill-allowing-any...

TRENDING79 shares in 2 days

Law Will Allow Employers to Fire Women for Using …1 day ago
Law Will Allow Employers to Fire Women for Using Birth control Pills ... out of the state of Arizona, we could ... No female in their right mind will work under that ...
www.sodahead

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Arizona+employers+could+fire+female+workers+for+using+birth+control+pills&qs=n&form=QBRE&pq=arizona+employers+could+fire+female+workers+for+using+birth+control+pills&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Entering “Arizona employers could fire female workers for using birth control pills” in BBC search today, 17 March 2012, yielded “Sorry, there are no results for your search.”
Anonymous
ROB

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Go forth and multiply!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bambu Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:42 pm

The left wing media seems to dislike Arizona immensely.
...as Obama, Holder [African-American US Attorney General] and co seem to do..."racist" they screamed at Arizona for trying to catch and deport all the illegal immigrants in their state, who are 'stealing' jobs, ID theft, etc.

Holder hadn't even read the new Arizona immigration bill...and was caught out at an inquiry. Smile
bambu
bambu

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:50 pm

...as Obama, Holder [African-American US Attorney General] and co seem to do..."racist" they screamed at Arizona for trying to catch and deport all the illegal immigrants in their state, who are 'stealing' jobs, ID theft, etc.

You may not be aware of this, but the Obama administration has deported more illegals than any other administration in US history. The reason why a lot of people were against the Arizona laws was that it would turn Arizona into the dreaded, "papers please" state. That simple phrase is synonymous with fascism. The reason why it was called "racist" is because the police would have little reason to ask an ordinary white person for his or her citizenship papers. Simply via weight of demographic evidence, people of Latino descent would be targeted above all others to constantly show their papers to any officer who asked. If we cannot profile young Middle-Eastern men at airports for potentially being a terrorist, why should the police in Arizona racially profile Latinos for being possible illegal immigrants?
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:35 pm

Is it universally acknowledged also that they eat Christian babies?

What sort of loonie keeps this sort of argument going?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down