Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

+21
snowyflake
stuart torr
Kazza
Dan Fante
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
bobby
starlight07
skwalker1964
boatlady
Chivnail
Tosh
agoodman
polyglide
Phil Hornby
tlttf
witchfinder
Shirina
Blamhappy
trevorw2539
oftenwrong
AwfulTruth
25 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

Has anyone seen or heard a ghost? - Page 15 Empty Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

Post by AwfulTruth Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have - seen and heard several. Am I crazy? monkey

There is a theory that most people believe they have had some kind of encounter with the dead - or whatever these things are.

It is also postulated that the dark matter in the universe may hold the key to a further dimension which may explain the spirit world. Quantum physics certainly opens the door to this strange idea, if we explore what Einstein expounded.

If you have had an experience please tell us what it was, where and when, etc. Then I will mention my own brush with the supernatural.

:affraid:

AwfulTruth
Deactivated

http://www.rhodesgreece.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen or heard a ghost? - Page 15 Empty Re: Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

Post by Dan Fante Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:44 pm

polyglide wrote:There is one undisputable fact of life, we know far, far, less about everything than we think we do.
How do you know this?

Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Has anyone seen or heard a ghost? - Page 15 Empty Re: Has anyone seen or heard a ghost?

Post by stuart torr Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:19 pm

How do we know what Dan?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Just consider your posts.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Which is one thing you never do eh PG.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:56 pm

I post them. they are for intelligent people to consider,however, they are hard to find.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:05 am

Initials of PG are not intellegent posters though are they?
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Heretic Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:38 am

polyglide wrote:I post them. they are for intelligent people to consider,however, they are hard to find.

I'm sure you might find them looking over your shoulder when you glance at the mirror.

:->>

Heretic
Heretic
Heretic
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:48 am

beauty Heretic,got me laughing already Laughing 
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:03 pm

Little things amuse small minds.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:38 pm

Oh dear PG, did you not like that one? you really must get a sense of humour.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Heretic Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:50 pm

polyglide wrote:Little things amuse small minds.

Humour is a two edged sword. If you attempt to use don't be surprised if you occasionally get cut.

Nothing too biting though as it's bad for the teeth. (I've just come back from the dentist so right now I know a bit about what is bad for teeth[I don't think my brother was right when he said that dentists are bad for teeth{though I can see the logic}]).

:->>

Heretic
Heretic
Heretic
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:01 pm

Pull another one.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Now PG, have you actually seen a ghost or not? getting back to the thread and OP.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Shirina Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:58 pm

polyglide wrote:Little things amuse small minds.

Does that mean anything that amuses you - books, computers, movies/television, or whatever it is - has to be like hundreds of times larger than normal? Like having a book the size of a house, so that we can say that big things amuse big minds?

Hmmm.  confused 
Shirina
Shirina
Former Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:36 pm

What a corker of a reply Shirina.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:41 pm

Of course there are spirits. The Scots even have names for them. Johnny Walker, Dewar, Ballantyne etc. And they honour them regularly with the words 'Slainte Mhath' - good health.
What more 'proof' do you need?  jocolor 
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Hi Trevor.
I would put a small wager on it too that we have drunk our share of those in our lifetime.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:47 pm

Little things can mean a lot, big things can be irrelevant.

It depends on the interpretation one puts on everything, or anything.

It is indicative of a unsound mind to ridicule that which one does not understand.

polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Oh PG please get a sense of humour,  Laughing 
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by polyglide Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:42 pm

I do not know about ghosts, however, the Bible often refers to spirit life, [no, not the whisky kind] and no doubt some may play tricks the Bible warns one about dealing with them.

As I have said previously, if you do not believe in them, just give them a chance to enter your life and you will soon find out, as many people have done to their cost.
polyglide
polyglide

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:08 pm

I am not going to say anything about spirits the non-alcoholic kind, on here much PG OTHERWISE YOU WOULD PROBABLY POST A YARD LONG POST AT ME.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:57 pm

polyglide wrote:I do not know about ghosts, however, the Bible often refers to spirit life, [no, not the whisky kind] and no doubt some may play tricks the Bible warns one about dealing with them.

As I have said previously, if you do not believe in them, just give them a chance to enter your life and you will soon find out, as many people have done to their cost.

Paranoid delusions I'm afraid. Anyone who genuinely believes this should seriously consider seeking professional help. Besides your religion claims it's deity is omnipotent, so how could these beings hold sway over anything unless such a deity wanted them to, that rather dismantles the idea that it has limitless benevolence as well.

I hereby publicly challenge any and all spirits to affect me in any way within their power. afraid No

I'll post if I have cause to regret this... Wink
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:59 pm

polyglide wrote:Little things can mean a lot, big things can be irrelevant.

It depends on the  interpretation one puts on everything, or anything.

It is indicative of a unsound mind to ridicule that which one does not understand.

It is indicative of unsound logic to claim ignorance as an excuse to make assertions based on ignorance, rather than on evidence, it's logically fallacious, and it's called god of the gaps.
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD
Dr Sheldon Cooper PhD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15