Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Leveson Inquiry

+17
Red Cat Woman
Scarecrow
blueturando
astradt1
Stox 16
jackthelad
Ivan
Mel
sickchip
Redflag
Adele Carlyon
astra
skwalker1964
trevorw2539
oftenwrong
Phil Hornby
Blamhappy
21 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Leveson Inquiry - Page 3 Empty The Leveson Inquiry

Post by Blamhappy Thu May 31, 2012 10:01 am

First topic message reminder :

I know it's a it late, but I'm starting the thread because Jeremy Hunt gives evidence from 10 this morning and this could be explosive.

Someone I follow on Twitter believes that Hunt might resign soon after giving evidence. How will this affect the evidence he gives (will he be braver?)? How will all this impact on David Cameron? What will be the general knock-on effect?

I think we could also discuss other aspects of the "hacking scandal" in general here too. Let's include discussion on Andy Coulson, who was charged last night with Perjury in relation to his court case in 2010.

It's quite exciting if you're sad like me Smile
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

The Leveson Inquiry - Page 3 Empty Re: The Leveson Inquiry

Post by Stox 16 Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:28 am

skwalker1964 wrote:Latest post from my blog skwalker1964.wordpress.com:

This morning I’ve submitted the following Freedom of Information request to David Cameron’s office (point 6 was added, and the whole submitted as a new request, following a very useful suggestion in the comments!):

Dear Prime Minister’s Office,

Under the Freedom of Information Act, I require to know the
following:

1) Whether ministers, special advisors, civil servants and other
government personnel were coached or in any way given preparation
for their testimony to the Leveson enquiry.

2) Whether any such coaching/preparation was provided to
non-government witnesses, and if so, to whom.

3) How any such coaching or preparation was funded.

4) The cost of any such training or coaching.

5) By whom the training/coaching was carried out.

6) Any emails/texts sent from the private or official email accounts and mobile phones of ministers, officials and other agents regarding the above.

Yours faithfully,

Steve Walker

If the Tories have been using public funds to prepare them to defend their wrongdoings, it’s a clear misuse of public funds. Details of who received coaching, and by whom the coaching was done, should be very significant and highly relevant to the results of the enquiry, and to the (un)fitness of Cameron and co to lead the country. If public funds have been used to pay for coaching of any witnesses who are not/no longer in govt, and who might potentially give testimony damaging to the Conservative party, that is even more serious.

Watch this space for news on what response I get.

SW
your spot on. he was coached I would think by Tory party HQ media department. well I only have one more thing to add. if Cameron is this stupid to leave a open sore like Hunt in office then great news for the Labour party. as they can rub the Hunt sore every time they feel like it. while Cameron suffers a loss of face with the public all the time. if I was Cameron Hunt would of gone and I would of drew a line under it. just like he had done with FOX. but keeping Hunt on in his job is just great if I was sitting in the HOC. I would just love it myself.

Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:02 am

Stox 16 wrote:

This morning I’ve submitted the following Freedom of Information request to David Cameron’s office (point 6 was added, and the whole submitted as a new request, following a very useful suggestion in the comments!):

following:

6) Any emails/texts sent from the private or official email accounts and mobile phones of ministers, officials and other agents regarding the above.

Yours faithfully,

Steve Walker

If the Tories have been using public funds to prepare them to defend their wrongdoings, it’s a clear misuse of public funds. Details of who received coaching, and by whom the coaching was done, should be very significant and highly relevant to the results of the enquiry, and to the (un)fitness of Cameron and co to lead the country. If public funds have been used to pay for coaching of any witnesses who are not/no longer in govt, and who might potentially give testimony damaging to the Conservative party, that is even more serious.

SW
your spot on. he was coached I would think by Tory party HQ media department. well I only have one more thing to add. if Cameron is this stupid to leave a open sore like Hunt in office then great news for the Labour party. as they can rub the Hunt sore every time they feel like it. while Cameron suffers a loss of face with the public all the time. if I was Cameron Hunt would of gone and I would of drew a line under it. just like he had done with FOX. but keeping Hunt on in his job is just great if I was sitting in the HOC. I would just love it myself.

I think your spot on Stox, Hunt will be an open sore to the Tory party I would love to be a Labour MP sitting in the H.O.C every chance I got I would rub that sore until it bled, even if all I got was another HISSY fit from Scam..er..on, there is a few Labour MPs that will Dennis Skinner for one and the MP for Newcastle is another that sore will never close until Scam..er..on gets rid of Hunt.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Redflag wrote:
Stox 16 wrote:

following:

Yours faithfully,

Steve Walker

SW

I think your spot on Stox, Hunt will be an open sore to the Tory party I would love to be a Labour MP sitting in the H.O.C every chance I got I would rub that sore until it bled, even if all I got was another HISSY fit from Scam..er..on, there is a few Labour MPs that will Dennis Skinner for one and the MP for Newcastle is another that sore will never close until Scam..er..on gets rid of Hunt.

i Cannot agree more Red. the longer they keep him there the more people will be reminded of what the Tory party do when in office. I Think there quite mad but then we all know they are that already ha ha
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Stox 16 wrote:
Redflag wrote:
Stox 16 wrote:

following:

Yours faithfully,

Steve Walker

SW

i Cannot agree more Red. the longer they keep him there the more people will be reminded of what the Tory party do when in office. I Think there quite mad but then we all know they are that already ha ha

I think there is a possibility that Scam..er..on knows that the Olympics is going to be a wash out and Scam..er..on wants some one there that he can blame then and only then will Hunt get his marching orders or he is shyting himself in case the Olympics do go wrong and Hunt will be there as the Patsy.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Stox 16 Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:49 pm

could well be Red. who knows
Stox 16
Stox 16

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:23 pm

Redflag wrote:
Stox 16 wrote:
Redflag wrote:
Stox 16 wrote:

following:

Yours faithfully,

Steve Walker

SW

I think there is a possibility that Scam..er..on knows that the Olympics is going to be a wash out and Scam..er..on wants some one there that he can blame then and only then will Hunt get his marching orders or he is shyting himself in case the Olympics do go wrong and Hunt will be there as the Patsy.

There seems to be an echo in here.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Blamhappy wrote:I'd love it to be less. I fear for this country.

I think there is a growing number of people that are fearing the same thing Blam.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:33 pm

So, Wor Davey is at Leveson next week.

I would like to know if he already has a copy of the questions they are going to put to him.

To aid him in the replies he is going to give. I cannot see him ANSWERING any questions

Can't have any 'Yorkers' skimming in under the radar can we!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:03 pm

He's been having lessons on how to best ignore the questions!
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:06 am

Adele Carlyon wrote:He's been having lessons on how to best ignore the questions!

Hi Adele have you also seen John Major is to be at the Leveson inquiry this week, I wonder if QC Jay will ask him about the Maggots contact with the Murdochs?.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:06 am

just as long as no one mentions curried eggs! lol
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:52 am

David Cameron is to appear. He's bound to irritate me, but I'm looking forward to it. I wonder if Robert Jay has a political leaning. In all honesty, I hope he remains totally neutral, but it will be interesting to see if he handles Cameron differently from how he handled Blair. Blair is masterful at deflecting attention from his foul-ups and his evidence-giving turned into a chat with mutual respect. I don't believe that Cameron has such skill. That said, he's pretty robust - he doesn't scare easily.

It will be extremely interesting to Hear from Gordon Brown, to whom my heart goes out over the publishing of private medical records. I find that despicable.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:16 pm

Shall we take bets on how many times Cameron turns a lovely claret colour?
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Peak week for Leveson:

Monday: Gideon Osborne (Dinners at Dorneywood, and just who really did choose Hunt to succeed Vince Cable?) Then Gordon Brown. Was he the first to "declare war" on News Corpn?

Tuesday: John Major. How far back does Murdoch influence on Government stretch? Ed Miliband may disclose how and by whom he was "warned off" by News Corp from making further waves over phone hacking.

Wednesday: Nick Clegg may say what his objections were to the appointment of Andy Coulson as No. 10 Press Person. Second up to the crease will be Alex Salmond. Was ScotNat policy dictated by Murdoch at all?

Thursday is the Red-letter Day which David Cameron has all to himself.
Coulson may again come up in conversation, as will Rebecca Brooks and just possibly personal relationships with Murdoch R. and Murdoch J. He might even explain the appointment of BSkyB-Cheerleader Hunt to make an impartial judgment on the share structure.

What larks!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:50 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Peak week for Leveson:

Monday: Gideon Osborne (Dinners at Dorneywood, and just who really did choose Hunt to succeed Vince Cable?) Then Gordon Brown. Was he the first to "declare war" on News Corpn?

Tuesday: John Major. How far back does Murdoch influence on Government stretch? Ed Miliband may disclose how and by whom he was "warned off" by News Corp from making further waves over phone hacking.

Wednesday: Nick Clegg may say what his objections were to the appointment of Andy Coulson as No. 10 Press Person. Second up to the crease will be Alex Salmond. Was ScotNat policy dictated by Murdoch at all?

Coulson may again come up in conversation, as will Rebecca Brooks and just possibly personal relationships with Murdoch R. and Murdoch J. He might even explain the appointment of BSkyB-Cheerleader Hunt to make an impartial judgment on the share structure.

What larks!

Get your priorities right.

Monday France v England
Friday Sweden v England

trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:23 pm

We simply have to hope that the referee at Leveson is more competent than is likely at the other two fixtures mentioned..... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:We simply have to hope that the referee at Leveson is more competent than is likely at the other two fixtures mentioned..... Very Happy

I'm waiting for full time in the inquiry, to see if it leads to 'penalties'. Smile
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Cameron must be hoping to avoid any 'injury time'.... cheers
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:12 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:Cameron must be hoping to avoid any 'injury time'.... cheers

Agreed. I think he's used all his substitutes, and he doesn't seem to be amenable to changing tactics despite 'own goals'.
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:15 pm

We'd better get back on to subject before moderator Blamhappy calls 'offside'. Smile
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:31 pm

You sneaked that one in with a blindside run, Trevor...! Oooops, sorry ref...it was unintentional... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:31 pm

before moderator Blamhappy calls 'offside'.

The 'Offside Rule' to me, is as mysterious as making a half decent souffle!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Surely the offside rule simply states that the linesman is always blind, bent or brainless.

What could be simpler?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:47 pm

" What could be simpler?"

Normally, the referee... Crying or Very sad
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Surely the offside rule simply states that the linesman is always blind, bent or brainless

ER!! That's not unlike my souffle! Sad
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:49 am

oftenwrong wrote:Peak week for Leveson:

What larks!

It does look good OW this week at Leveson, can you have a guess just how many LIES will be told at that inquiry this week alone 200 400 I wonder but it will a right lark.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 pm

trevorw2539 wrote:We'd better get back on to subject before moderator Blamhappy calls 'offside'. Smile

Haha! Love it.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blamhappy Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:43 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2036563/George-Osborne-took-cocaine-Former-prostitute-Natalie-Rowe-repeats-drug-allegation-TV-interview.html

This article discusses whether the real reason why Osborne wanted Coulson was that Coulson had played down Osborne's debauched behaviour.

I wonder if Robert Jay will be allowed to ask about this specifically.
Blamhappy
Blamhappy

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:00 pm

In The Telegraph Osborne writes that Britain's recovery is being endangered by the confusion within the Eurozone.

Nothing to do with pasties then.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mel Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Wonderful banter folks, lightened up my afternoon. cheers

All I can say about Camerrrrrrrrrrron (care taken here with con) at the Leveson hearing is that I hope he gets caught up in the net.
Mel
Mel

Back to top Go down

Post by trevorw2539 Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Mel wrote:Wonderful banter folks, lightened up my afternoon. cheers

All I can say about Camerrrrrrrrrrron (care taken here with con) at the Leveson hearing is that I hope he gets caught up in the net.

Just been watching a programme on carp fishing in France. While the large fat carp were being held for photographing, and their large mouths were opening and closing I had a sudden vision of PMQ's in Parliament. Odd. Wonder why? confused
trevorw2539
trevorw2539

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:51 am

Very impressed with Gordon Brown's dignified, and honest, performance so far....
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:28 pm

Ditto...
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:35 pm

So no one in the government picked Hunt to oversee the Murdock bid for BSkyB, it was a civil servant......

When are the member's of this government stand up and admit to making a wrong choice?

They are sounding like school kids....." It wasn't me Miss, it was him"
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:40 pm

BREAKING NEWS

Oh! and it will also be the day on which Gideon Osborne chooses to announce that no new controls are to be applied to the Banks.

(You read it here first)
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:33 pm

oftenwrong wrote:BREAKING NEWS

Oh! and it will also be the day on which Gideon Osborne chooses to announce that no new controls are to be applied to the Banks.

(You read it here first)

Some better news OW John Major has just helped out what Gordon Brown said yesterday, apparently at a dinner that Major had put on for Murdoch before the 1997 G.E. Murdoch told Major he did not like his policies on Europe and told him to change them, and we all know what happened in 1997 Labour won a landslide victory not that it makes me any happier because of the reason the Murdochs stopped supporting the Tory gov't which is not my way of winning an election.

But it also goes to show who had been running this country for the last 30 years.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:46 pm

Redflag

There is no doubt that political support from a media giant like News International can have a dramatic effect on the way some people might vote, but in 97 the Tories were 'Done' and Blair would have won easily without that media support.

Having said that I hope that one of the outcomes of the Leveson enquiry is that we won't allow one organisation to wield so much power over the British media and political parties. I am sure some legislation could be put in place to curtail this senario in the future

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by sickchip Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:09 pm

There are hints that ol' Rupert may have committed perjury at the inquiry - judging from the evidence of Major, and Brown.

Last edited by sickchip on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Post by astra Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:16 pm

OH GOODDEEEE!!!

Someone to join me in the tower!
astra
astra
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:04 pm

sickchip wrote:There are hints that ol' Rupert may have committed perjury at the inquiry - judging from the evidence of Major, and Brown.

I watch the Leveson inquiry this afternoon it was Ed Milibands turn, he handled himself well and when asked by Lord Leveson if he had anything to say regarding what should happen at the end of the inquiry and he said how much that media moguls should not be allowed to control any more than 20% of the UKs media.

Which will make sure we never get the likes of Muedochs Corp controlling so much of the media.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adele Carlyon Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:12 am

So it's Cleggy Liars turn this morning. The trouble is that no one is interested in anything that comes out of his lick spittle gob! I can't take anyone seriously who had someone elses hand up their bum!
Adele Carlyon
Adele Carlyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum