Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'?

+10
blueturando
Ivan
oftenwrong
Redflag
astradt1
bobby
Tosh
Adele Carlyon
Phil Hornby
sickchip
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'? - Page 4 Empty Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'?

Post by sickchip Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

In recent times Tories have been branded as being arrogant posh boys out of their depth. Andrew Mitchell's recent confrontation with a policeman, and the comments he allegedly made, seem to bear this out - despite Cameron's desperate attempts to rescue the Tories image from being tarnished by the occasion.

Their policies, and particularly those they target/punish via cutbacks, seem to bear the notion of class elitism out. They persistently punish the poor, and most vulnerable, with no regard for the hardship and impossible circumstances they place them in - on the other hand they continue rewarding the rich with ever more opportunities to avoid tax, get richer, etc.

It is the Tories who are responsible for waging a 'class war'.

Mitchell's outburst should not be dismissed as a 'fit of pique', temper, etc.......it was the mask slipping to reveal the odious nature of those currently governing us.
sickchip
sickchip

Back to top Go down

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'? - Page 4 Empty Another twist to the story?

Post by astradt1 Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:28 pm

With the release of the Mitchellgate Video.......

Is it just me or does anyone else see big differences in the CCTV footage from inside Downing St and that out from out side in Whitehall?

Look closely at that from inside and you will see at least 5 people passing the gates at 'Mitchell is wheeling his bike towards the gate on the right hand side....But on that from outside there is only one person passing....so which bit of footage was taken at another time?

Most of the discussion on TV has been about that from outside?

Strange that the video is released the week that Miller is being looked because of Expenses and veiled threats over Leverson and Dave's party meeting with R Brooks?

astradt1

Back to top Go down

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'?

Post by oftenwrong Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Having got away with so much, the Tory-led Coalition is reluctant to admit defeat on any front.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'? - Page 4 Empty Re: Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'?

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Doubts Over Police Evidence on Mitchell - new clearer audio emerges...

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'? - Page 4 8F12E91C35B7F7D6FFE37FFFB6E14(msn)

" Look at that basket on the bike, Sarge..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:13 pm

Don't keep harping on about "The Truth" - we're concerned here with the honour of an Honorable Member.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Obviously crime in London must be at an all time low as the according to the Telegraph the Met Police have put 30 officers on to this investigation...

Scotland Yard on Wednesday opened a 30-officer investigation into whether there had been a police-orchestrated conspiracy to end the career of Andrew Mitchell, the Conservative Cabinet minister.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9757128/Plebgate-inquiry-launched-into-plot-to-oust-Andrew-Mitchell.html
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:56 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Don't keep harping on about "The Truth" - we're concerned here with the honour of an Honorable Member.

I am not concerned he is nothing but a Lying Tory, plus he does not give a S**TE about me.

Last edited by skwalker1964 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Swearword moderation - have tried to do it without obscuring the intent!)
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Plebgate - Cameron Speaks Out

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'? - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwZGQ1qWsmb4vaSTcThrNcah548YMHR65EgyjLNm-vnKE-riAaOQ(indepedent.co.uk)
" If I discover that one of my Cabinet Ministers has stooped to actually telling the truth, I shall be taking steps to stop such unwelcome practices forthwith..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:20 pm

A letter to Conservative Home:

Elaine Turner · 1 day ago

Political life is rather a bitch at the moment. The MPs want to gag the press over Leveson (Clegg, Milliband and some Conservatives) so the press have it in for Ministers and are stalking them until a cock up occurs to smear them in the press. The Govt wants to cut back on police numbers and the budget, so the police also have it in for the Government. The press are also having a go at the police when it suits them and the police are also investigating the press.This is not unlike the game of scissors, paper rock. Who screws whom first.

Whichever way you look at this, three most trusted institutions, Parliament, the Press and the Police are all sullied and this has to stop. Stop playing games and get on with your jobs!

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/thetorydiary/2012/12/o.html
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:20 pm

"...a police-orchestrated conspiracy to end the career of Andrew Mitchell..."

If there has been such a 'conspiracy' it was surely not solely connected to the bike incident. Who knows what hidden dirty tricks the 'relevant authorities' have had to endure from Mitchell , and which may have tempted some to take revenge.

If there is one thing which is certain about high-ranking Tories, it is that no sane person should ever trust them further than one could throw Eric ' Porker' Pickles...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by skwalker1964 Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:"...a police-orchestrated conspiracy to end the career of Andrew Mitchell..."

If there has been such a 'conspiracy' it was surely not solely connected to the bike incident. Who knows what hidden dirty tricks the 'relevant authorities' have had to endure from Mitchell , and which may have tempted some to take revenge.

If there is one thing which is certain about high-ranking Tories, it is that no sane person should ever trust them further than one could throw Eric ' Porker' Pickles...

I haven't seen anything yet that proves or even really suggests that Mitchell didn't say what the officer said - just that one or two officers were, er, over-enthusiastic in their zeal to vindicate themselves. None of the footage I've seen has sound or shows faces such that you can read what they're saying.

It's a shame of course for any police officer to try to fabricate evidence - but while it undermines their credibility it doesn't prove anything one way or the other, so we're all exactly where we were before.

Personally, I'd trust the word of even a bent copper over Andrew Mitchell, but maybe that's just me...
skwalker1964
skwalker1964

http://skwalker1964.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:40 pm

" Personally, I'd trust the word of even a bent copper over Andrew Mitchell, but maybe that's just me..."

Well, quite. If my sister was meeting Mitchell , I would ensure that she wore gloves before shaking his hand.

And I don't even have a sister... Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'? - Page 4 3B2DD2FDACF7B7F9C475A48A03233(msn)

" Is that a bicycle pump in your pocket, Mr Mitchell - or are you just pleased to see me...?"
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:" Personally, I'd trust the word of even a bent copper over Andrew Mitchell, but maybe that's just me..."

Well, quite. If my sister was meeting Mitchell , I would ensure that she wore gloves before shaking his hand.

And I don't even have a sister... Shocked

If your sister wore gloves at least she would walk away with all her fingers intact.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:47 pm

The Tories have proved that they can duff-up the working classes with impunity, but whatever made them think that they could take on the Police and get away with that too?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:41 am

well, seems they're doing it, or am I missing something?
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:57 am

boatlady wrote:well, seems they're doing it, or am I missing something?

Going back on topic Yes the tories do think of us as PLEBS, Landsley yesterday in the H.O.C. was asked by a Labour MP did he not think that in 2012 it was a disgrace that the low paid had to depend on Food Banks to feed there families, his reply that is how the Big Society should work and we should all be looking after one another because they have no Intension of and that bloody says it all it also shows how much of a BRASS NECK the tory party has.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by blueturando Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:47 am

Oh dear...Excuse me while I have a little giggle Smile...There Im back.

So it seems the Rozzers have been a bit naughty. It is a bitter pill for you all to swallow I know

blueturando
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:43 am

blueturando wrote:Oh dear...Excuse me while I have a little giggle Smile...There Im back.

So it seems the Rozzers have been a bit naughty. It is a bitter pill for you all to swallow I know

I would not count my chickens before there hatched blue, after the inquiry has got to the bottom of that word no Tory likes "TRUTH" they could be more that comes out that Mitchell has not told ?
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:42 pm

blueturando wrote:.... Im back.

The "bitter pill" is on David Cameron's silver salver. A number of his loyal Tory Members are calling for his blood because they think he didn't do enough to protect the impeccable Mitchell.

He who laughs last may turn out to be just a pleb ......
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:05 pm

oftenwrong wrote:
blueturando wrote:.... Im back.

The "bitter pill" is on David Cameron's silver salver. A number of his loyal Tory Members are calling for his blood because they think he didn't do enough to protect the impeccable Mitchell.

He who laughs last may turn out to be just a pleb ......

It turns out that Scam..er..on knew as he had viewed the CCTV from that night and not want to get on the wrong side of the police force, you know the ones who put their life on the line to protect him and Giddy Gideon, not that keen to save Mitchell which could mean he is not getting back into the cabinet.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Mitchell changed his story umpteen times but eventually admitted swearing at the police. One or two 'plebs' have done time for that, so let's not have anyone portraying Mitchell as oh-so-innocent.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:05 pm

" It is a bitter pill for you all to swallow I know .."

If, in the event, the police don't get Mitchell this time, I don't fancy hs chances on another convenient occasion... Very Happy
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:34 pm

.... as I recall, the dialogue in a typical Hollywood "B-picture" ran along the lines of, "Don't cross any roads. We gotta BIG organisation!"
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Ivan wrote:Mitchell changed his story umpteen times but eventually admitted swearing at the police. One or two 'plebs' have done time for that, so let's not have anyone portraying Mitchell as oh-so-innocent.

I think there is more to this than meets the eye Ivan, plus they are Tories and everything that comes out of their mouths is either LIE or SPIN.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:07 pm

Maybe we'd all do well to remember this is the pantomime season
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Oh no it isn't...! Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:33 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:-
Oh no it isn't...! Shocked
Oh yes it is, any of the Tories could play Mr Nasty in any of the pantomimes because they are all good actors it was not me it was him. lol! lol!
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:19 pm

2012 Premiére

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'? - Page 4 220px-WarnePantomine1890

"Mr Plod and the Forty Thieves"

Act One, Scene One. London 2012 The Gates across Downing Street.

Dancers enter USR dressed as the Laughing Policeman, waving their truncheons.

Dancers form a line across the gates. Leaning on their truncheons, legs apart.
Big Ben strikes thirteen. All look disturbed. Sing, in chorus,
"We shall not, we shall not be moved."

Enter DSL Baron Hardupp, wheeling bicycle with basket on handlebars. Mounts bicycle and rides unsteadily towards USC, stopping at line of Policemen.

BARON HARDUPP Make way there, don't you know who I am?

FIRST PC Not sure, Sir, are you the new window cleaner? The previous one knew that cyclists use the side gate.

BH Don't be so damn stupid, cunstable, I'm the Government Chief Whip.

PC Chief Whip? Do you know that Miss Whiplash well then, Sir?

BH exits USL pushing bike and speaking quite loudly over his shoulder.

BH Where now lies my glittering Political Career?

(AUDIENCE) It's BEHIND you!

CURTAIN

Acts 2 and 3 currently under examination by The Lord Chamberlain.

"This pantomime will run and run" Daily Ripoff

Last edited by oftenwrong on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:15 am

'giggle'
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:08 pm

I don't know about anyone else but I have always thought that the Tory's have always considered the working class as 'plebs' so that doesn't bother me, I am more concerned that a Tory minister swore at police officers, how were doing their job and was not arrested like any other member of the public would have been....

The Tory's are now just using the #pleb' bit of the comment as the main reason for blackening the name of the Met Police.......
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:21 pm

" "Mr Plod and the Forty Thieves"

Having had that sneak preview of the script , I think I'll wait for the Musical... cheers
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Anybody got Lloyd-Webber's home number?

The placid and imperturbable Mr. Mitchell takes up an inordinate space in today's Sunday Times to give an explanation of himself which would have been far more effective if it had been provided a couple of months ago.

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'? - Page 4 AED1E26129B324A2AA6E879494
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Pease Pottage Conservative Club - Xmas Limerick Competition ( Disqualified Entry No. 37)

Mitchell -a typical Tory-
Has not covered himself in much glory.
But he thought t'would be good,
As Conservatives would,
To contrive an implausible story

Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:30 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Anybody got Lloyd-Webber's home number?

The placid and imperturbable Mr. Mitchell takes up an inordinate space in today's Sunday Times to give an explanation of himself which would have been far more effective if it had been provided a couple of months ago.

Do the Tories really view the majority of us as 'plebs'? - Page 4 AED1E26129B324A2AA6E879494

But he still will not tell us what he did say and that OW says a lot, more than likely there is a lot of truth in what the police say, all the police have to do is not be too particular in the tories safety let them protect themselves. cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun May 05, 2013 12:27 am

Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun May 05, 2013 10:27 am

The same ones will keep on WRECKING the UK until it has DIED a terrible death.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun May 05, 2013 11:32 am

The tradition of Bullingdon is that they pay for the damage afterwards.

So in the tradition of British Fair Play, we must make sure they bloody-well DO pay for it - with their Parliamentary Seats.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun May 05, 2013 6:24 pm

oftenwrong wrote:The tradition of Bullingdon is that they pay for the damage afterwards.

So in the tradition of British Fair Play, we must make sure they bloody-well DO pay for it - with their Parliamentary Seats.

I hope you mean for them to pay in money too OW, bu making sure that they do pay their correct amount of tax AND NO TAX AVOIDANCE
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun May 05, 2013 7:55 pm

"....making sure that they do pay their correct amount of tax AND NO TAX AVOIDANCE."

Red, with those views there's undoubtedly a place for you in Heaven, but possibly not on the Government Front Bench.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon May 06, 2013 8:26 am

oftenwrong wrote:"....making sure that they do pay their correct amount of tax AND NO TAX AVOIDANCE."

Red, with those views there's undoubtedly a place for you in Heaven, but possibly not on the Government Front Bench.

Thank you OW but with the amount of sweary words that I have said since this gov't came into power I doubt that I have a place in heaven after sinning my soul so much, as for a job on the front benches of this gov't NO THANK YOU however I would not mind a job on the front benches of a Labour gov't, then I would take my revenge on the Tories and I can assure all on here that I would give them a taste of their own NASTY MEDICINE
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Mon May 06, 2013 9:10 pm

God still loves you if you swear, I'm sure
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next