Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why the political tweets against Rangers?

3 posters

Go down

Why the political tweets against Rangers? Empty Why the political tweets against Rangers?

Post by rnnbrwn Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:11 am

I noted this from ivanwhite48 this evening:

A pound coin was thrown onto the pitch at Ibrox. Police are trying to determine whether it was a missile or a takeover bid.

Is there a political justification against the Glasgow club, or is Ivan simply rehashing old jokes against easy targets?
Anonymous
rnnbrwn

Back to top Go down

Why the political tweets against Rangers? Empty Re: Why the political tweets against Rangers?

Post by Ivan Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:52 pm

Firstly, there was only one tweet, so the title of this thread is misleading.

Secondly, there’s nothing ‘political’ about it.

Thirdly, it was just a joke that could have been made about any football team that had faced administration.

Virtually all humour is capable of offending someone somewhere. I draw the line at anything lewd, sexist, racist or homophobic. I’d forgotten how devotion to a football team is on a par with religion to some people, and the demise of Glasgow Rangers is very sad (though maybe not for Celtic supporters!). I apologise if that tweet offended any sensitivities, but it was, in my opinion, a fairly gentle quip which could easily have been answered at Twitter rather than here.
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Why the political tweets against Rangers? Empty Re: Why the political tweets against Rangers?

Post by oftenwrong Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:34 pm

One may be permitted to wonder how football could have become entangled with religion in the first place.

The Lord moves in mysterious ways, not least where there are really only two teams in a "national" league as all the others are just part of the scenery.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by KnarkyBadger Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:40 am

A pound for the blue noses, that's expensive! Twisted Evil
KnarkyBadger
KnarkyBadger

https://twitter.com/KnarkyBadger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down