Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies?

+22
LWS
Dan Fante
ghost whistler
Penderyn
Deadly Nightshade
Mel
methought
Shirina
tlttf
blueturando
boatlady
Tosh
Red Cat Woman
bobby
KnarkyBadger
astradt1
Adele Carlyon
sickchip
skwalker1964
oftenwrong
Phil Hornby
Ivan
26 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 11 Empty Cameron is obnoxious and loathsome

Post by Ivan Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

We were warned two years ago that Cameron is an obnoxious and loathsome individual, but not enough people were listening:-
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/02/04/david-cameron-what-the-experts-say-115875-22017276/
Ivan
Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 11 Empty Re: Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies?

Post by Redflag Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:17 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 11 _h353_w628_m6_otrue_lfalse

"Now all this water is to be moved away from Conservative-held constituencies, and dumped all over UKIP supporters wherever they live!"

Sorry Davy boy we will move the water but it will go to Tory voting areas I think that is the same place where the economy is growing, so they can pay for their own flood defences
 cheers

Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 11 Empty Re: Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies?

Post by oftenwrong Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:46 pm

The Devil looks after His Own. Money no object - the Prime Minister himself says so.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:03 pm

How I laughed when I heard some poison-spitting Tory MP accuse the Labour Party of 'opportunism' over the multitude of flooding cock-ups by the Government.

It was akin to listening to Jonathan Aitken berating someone for dishonesty...

Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:27 pm

Nothing to see here - just one more U-turn.

Spending review: 'Greenest government ever' reserves worst cuts for Defra

Environment department has budget cut by 30% compared to government average of 19%
Juliette Jowit The guardian Wednesday 20 October 2010

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2010/oct/20/spending-review-cuts-environment

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:05 am

What minister I wonder has now got the job of making the poor pay for Herr Cameron's generosity when he removed any limit to the flood budget. A bit more work for the Bastard Iain Dumkopf Schmidt perhaps.
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:30 am

But I understood, from Mr Cameron's interview yesterday on Radio 4 that we are now a 'wealthy nation' - surely there won't be any need for more cuts? sarcasm 
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:23 pm

Were you aware that the word" gullible" has been removed from the English Language?
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:36 pm

Gosh, bobby - no I wasn't.

I'm wondering if that's because I'm ...er....what's the word...?      Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Almost four years of Coalition should have taught most people the value of a politician's promise. Government doesn't have any money, it can only come from Taxes on the people.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:10 pm

boatlady wrote:But I understood, from Mr Cameron's interview yesterday on Radio 4 that we are now a 'wealthy nation' - surely there won't be any need for more cuts? sarcasm 

Its the same old story boatlady the Tories  tell LIES and can't remember what they have said, hence they have cuts in line for if the people of the UK are stupid enough to vote them back into power again in 2015  Osborne wants another £25bn of cuts in 2015.  cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:43 pm

"... if the people of the UK are stupid enough to vote them back into power again in 2015..."  

They are - and they will...       Shocked
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:55 pm

Phil Hornby wrote:"... if the people of the UK are stupid enough to vote them back into power again in 2015..."  

They are - and they will...       Shocked

If that is the case PH, HEAVEN EFFING HELP US I suppose that means the building of the WORKHOUSE will be getting started soon  thumbsdown 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:38 pm

One of my Mum's frequent sayings used to be, "If you want a job doing properly, you'd best do it yourself."

It applies in many more circumstances than in just keeping the house clean. Right up to running a Country.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:00 pm

"If you want a job doing properly, you'd best do it yourself.".....Right up to running a Country.
I think that's exactly what Cameron intended for us when he was spouting his 'Big Society' claptrap.
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:54 pm

Ivan wrote:
"If you want a job doing properly, you'd best do it yourself.".....Right up to running a Country.
I think that's exactly what Cameron intended for us when he was spouting his 'Big Society' claptrap.

Your spot on Ivan if you take a look at the flood areas at the moment its the people that live in the area that are helping out there neighbours, I bet Davy boy is rubbing his hands thast is more spin for the run up to the general election of 2015, I bet he comes out with My Big Society CLAPTRAP. cheers 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:28 pm

The people of both Tewkesbury and Christchurch are having to pay for the sand needed to save their homes.
Christchurch have charged up to £30 for 4 bags, whereas Tewkesbury are giving Free bags but are charging for the sand.
Both Councils heavily Conservative. What lovely people?
bobby
bobby

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Yep - we are( apparently) a wealthy country and money is no object ( to those who can afford it). But will the public remember all this in May 2015...?
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:53 pm

The 'money's no object' thing from Cameron was particularly offensive I thought. Not because I have a problem with money being spent on the floods but more to do with the fact it's our bloody money. I wonder if he'd be so bothered if the effects weren't being felt in middle England as well.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:01 pm

Everyone with half a brain knows that Cameron and his ilk care not a jot for anything except protecting the interests of 'their own'. He  - like others in his circle - is a slimy individual who is about as worthy of trust as a rattlesnake up one's trouser leg...
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:41 am

You're spot on PH, Davy boy will LIE through his back teeth even to Tory voters, and the rest of us do not matter at all, I just hope his LIES come back and bite him on his fat Posterior. cheers
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:54 am

Redflag, I'd bet a shiny pound coin that someone at Brewers Green Labour Party HQ is at this very moment updating a list of Cameron's broken promises and policy U-turns.

http://www.labour.org.uk/cameron-nhs

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:12 am

Today's news is that several hundred government employees under notice of redundancy have been told to continue working as usual for Defra.

Harold MacMillan's response to a journalist when asked what is most likely to blow governments off course, is said to have replied, "Events, dear boy, events."
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:25 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Today's news is that several hundred government employees under notice of redundancy have been told to continue working as usual for Defra.  

Harold MacMillan's response to a journalist when asked what is most likely to blow governments off course, is said to have replied, "Events, dear boy, events."

It has taken the floods or God's wrath to make Davy boy think again about sacking 1500 and cutting the budget from the Enviroment Agency OW  lol! 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Redflag wrote:It has taken the floods or God's wrath to make Davy boy think again about sacking 1500 and cutting the budget  from the Enviroment Agency OW  lol! 

It has taken hostile comments in the tory media, which is all any of these shitbags live by.
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:25 pm

They're starting to eat their own tails.

Who was it that sent troops into the flood zone without waterproof clothing? Probably the same genius that sent them into Afghanistan without flak jackets.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:42 pm

I hope that in April 2015 we will be treated to some party election broadcasts by Labour on the theme of “will you again believe anything this man tells you, as many of you did in 2010?

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 11 N-DAVID-CAMERON-large570
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1630914/thumbs/n-DAVID-CAMERON-large570.jpg

Cameron's claim that the number of households without work doubled under the last Labour government has been officially disproved. The Office for National Statistics has released figures which show that the number of workless households fell over the boom years in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

For the full story:-
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/02/19/david-cameron-benefits-workless_n_4813606.html?&ir=UK
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:56 am

To be honest Ivan I think he is going to have a hard job getting his own to believe what he says never mind the rest of the electorate, I would love to see Ed Miliband tear Davy boy apart on the party election broadcasts.   This is just the beginning of the Tory LIES being found out by everybody in the UK Ivan with all those LIES that IBS & Fester McVey keep telling by the time of May 2015 Davy boys game will be up. cheers     PS I have sent Oliver Coppard a DM letting him know I AM FREE for whenever he needs me
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:46 pm

Here's another account of Cameron's lie about workless households under Labour.

How Cameron got his facts wrong on workless families

From an article by George Eaton:-

Cameron's response to the Archbishop of Westminster, Vincent Nichols, who rightly warned that the coalition's benefit cuts had left many in "hunger and destitution", includes the remarkable statistic that "the number of workless households doubled" under Labour.  Unfortunately for him, it simply isn't true.

As data from the ONS shows, the number of workless households (defined as a household where no one aged over 16 is in employment) rose from 3.7  million in 1997 to 3.9  million in 2010 (having fallen to 3.5  million before the crash), not 7.4  million as Cameron's claim would suggest. As a percentage, the number actually fell from 19.8% to 19.2%.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/02/how-cameron-got-his-facts-wrong-workless-families
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:08 pm

In the same report Ivan, the number of over 500 people that attended hospital with MALUTRION, we all know that Lyton Crosby will find something to deny it more LIES & SPIN which is there normal stance.

When you have an Ex-Archbishop of Canterbury (Rowan Williamson) coming out denouncing the gov't on there welfare cuts, and adding that the people that have to go hungry and if it was not for the Trussell Trust and churches across the UK setting up foodbanks there would be deaths from hunger, all thanks to Davy boy & IBS and the rest of the VILE NASTY Tory party.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Regrettably, the clergy have even less credibility among the population as a whole than even the Tory front bench. On the other hand, global-warming-deniers are not enjoying much of an audience these days, either.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:16 pm

oftenwrong wrote:Regrettably, the clergy have even less credibility among the population as a whole than even the Tory front bench. On the other hand, global-warming-deniers are not enjoying much of an audience these days, either.

I don't think that is true. Nobody believes the tories, though arse-lickers and careerists sort-of-pretend to.
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:12 am

Penderyn wrote:
oftenwrong wrote:Regrettably, the clergy have even less credibility among the population as a whole than even the Tory front bench. On the other hand, global-warming-deniers are not enjoying much of an audience these days, either.

I don't think that is true.   Nobody believes the tories, though arse-lickers and careerists sort-of-pretend to.

Your spot on Penderyn, we will just have to hope the rest of the UK cotton on to whatever comes out of the Tory Gob is NOWT but BLATANT LIES
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:34 pm

Quote: "....Nobody believes the tories...."

There is however at least one, Harriet Sergeant, writing in today's Sunday Times: "....The very public rebuke from the clergy and the Archbishop....highlighted.. the legacy of this government: the bravery and determination of Michael Gove and Iain Duncan Smith, both churchgoers, to confront and reverse the accepted thinking on poverty, education and benefits."

See? You CAN make it up! There it is in a National Newspaper.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:26 am

OW The Sunday Times maybe a National Newspaper but that does not signify its telling the TRUTH, as most of the UK know it is a right wing pile of BROWN STINKY STUFF   Plus it belongs to that OLD FART Murdoch and everybody knows he enjoys repeating the Tory LIES.

I am glad the Clergy of all denominations has came out and told the truth about Davy boy IBS and Fester McVey, not that they will listen but with more cuts coming up in April (more council tax cuts) I can see us having our own Arab Spring by the summer. pokenest 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:31 am

Can the Tories get more absurd than these three tweets illustrate?

1. By Nick Boles MP: “PM was right to urge Parliament to stand up to Putin and punish Assad's use of chemical weapons. Look where Miliband's weakness has led us.”

2. By Sajid David MP: “Direct link between Miliband's cynical vote against Syria motion & Russia's actions on Ukraine. Completely unfit to lead Britain.”

3. By Louise Mensch: “Miliband trashed his agreement for party advantage.”

So there you have it, folks! The current crisis in Ukraine is “all Labour’s fault”.  Evil or Very Mad
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:31 am

Come on Ivan what did you expect from those right wing SCUMBAGS, they will blame anybody but themselves if it was not for the general election only been 15 months away they would blame the electorate for the trouble.

What nobody seems to realize is that Putin wants to take Russia back to the bad old days of the KGB, so there is not much difference between Putin & Davy boy he wants to take the UK back to the time of Charles Dickens books. deadhorse 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:25 pm

Hague Gets Tough with Russia

Do the Tories have anything to offer us other than myths and lies? - Page 11 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7eHG74VLu5_Pxzh5chUOgX6pGpzOB_CKaC6cQWxL4ABRPf2A3

" Unless Putin does exactly what I say, let there be no mistake - I shall feel very cross and do absolutely nothing..."
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fante Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:24 am

I find the notion that things would definitely be better if we'd intervened in Syria more than a little presumptuous, especially given the large numbers of Chinese and Russian troops stationed there when military action was being mooted. It's not in the same ball park as blaming Miliband for Putin's involvement in Ukraine though.
Dan Fante
Dan Fante

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:45 pm

I enjoy it when the Tory criticisms of Labour become shrill!
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:34 pm

David Willets, writing in the Sunday Times today, says ".... one of the reasons why the UK was hit so hard in the great recession is because the last government short-sightedly put all its eggs in the financial services basket. So when the banks collapsed, we didn't have a broad enough economy to deal with the crash, or other industries to fall back on."

Mr. Willets might just remember having been in John Major's Conservative administration as Whip, a Cabinet Office Minister, and then Paymaster General. Odd that he never discovered that it was Thatcher who short-sightedly put all her eggs in the financial services basket .... leaving no other industries to fall back on.

It wasn't the last government after all - it was the Tory government before the last Tory government wot dunnit!

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:22 am

oftenwrong wrote:David Willets, writing in the Sunday Times today, says ".... one of the reasons why the UK was hit so hard in the great recession is because the last government short-sightedly put all its eggs in the financial services basket.  So when the banks collapsed, we didn't have a broad enough economy to deal with the crash, or other industries to fall back on."

Mr. Willets might just remember having been in John Major's Conservative administration as  Whip, a Cabinet Office Minister, and then Paymaster General.  Odd that he never discovered that it was Thatcher who short-sightedly put all her eggs in the financial services basket .... leaving no other industries to fall back on.  

It wasn't the last government after all - it was the Tory government before the last Tory government wot dunnit!

If he had really got his momory back OW he would have remembered that it was Thatcher that De-Regulated the banks in 1986, closed the Ship building, Steel making, and shut down the coal mines along with our manufacturing businesses.

The Tories also seem to forget while the Labour party was in gov't for 13 years jobs where plentiful decent wages were paid (after Labour brought in minimum wage) and I do not think that anyone would have thought the B(W)ankers would take GREED to its Ultimate stance pirate 
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next