Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boris: "I would not shaft my brother"

+8
boatlady
bobby
jackthelad
Bellatori
oftenwrong
Penderyn
Ivan
Redflag
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Boris: "I would not shaft my brother" - Page 3 Empty Boris: "I would not shaft my brother"

Post by Redflag Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:28 am

First topic message reminder :

So says Boris Johnson, he thinks it's a leftie thing; have I got news for Boris, it's also a Tory thing, he needs to cast his mind back to 1990 when the Tory party of the day KNIFED their so called great leader Mrs Thatcher right between the shoulder blades and ousted her as PM.

Going by his past deeds he might not shaft his brother but would he shaft his brother's wife? There is enough scandal in all parties for Boris to start throwing stones when he lives in a GLASS HOUSE. He also accuses Ed Miliband devoid of ties to society where oh where is the Tory big society now? Nowhere to be seen, it went when the PR factor went, in the same interview he is giving his own brother Jo the OK to go for the PMs job his best school buddy - are they getting ready to stab Cameron in the back ?

At the moment he is on holiday in the Northern Territory of Austrailia. He'd better watch himself, the large salty crocs enjoy the odd humane for their tea and Steve Irwin is not there to save him.

As he is not doing a good job for the people of London, I would think instead of shutting police offices and fire stations attend to the business that the people of London are paying him too do would be a better use of his time.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Boris: "I would not shaft my brother" - Page 3 Empty Re: Boris: "I would not shaft my brother"

Post by Ivan Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:20 pm

Boris Johnson may not have shafted his brother, but he certainly knows how to shaft the people of London. He promised to end homelessness in the capital by 2012, but it has doubled since he took office in 2008. He also promised a “manned ticket office at every Tube station”, and here he is signing a petition against ticket office closures:-

Boris: "I would not shaft my brother" - Page 3 Boris_10
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CX9PzfeW8AAKpLr.jpg

Johnson has now closed all the manned ticket offices at London Tube stations.

Ivan
Administrator (Correspondence & Recruitment)

https://cuttingedge2.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Boris: "I would not shaft my brother" - Page 3 Empty Re: Boris: "I would not shaft my brother"

Post by oftenwrong Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:00 pm

Irony alert:

"For Boris is an honourable man"
Julius Caesar Act 3, Scene 2

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:23 am

And he hopes to be our next Prime Minister - a compelling reason to vote Labour
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Redflag Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:27 am

But if Labour was in power surely they could stop the right wing media by fair means of foul PH, just give them a taste of there own medicine that they have given Ed Miliband & Jermy Corbyn. My suggestion would be to tax them until they screamed hit them in there pocket just as the Tories have done to the sick disabled & low paid since 2010.
Redflag
Redflag
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:23 pm

The promises Boris Johnson has broken as mayor

Adam Bienkov writes: “As Boris Johnson prepares to leave City Hall, eyes inevitably turn to his record as London mayor. However, anyone wishing to check that record will find it highly difficult. Almost all of his manifesto commitments from both 2008 and 2012 have been almost entirely wiped from the web, as has most of his campaign literature.”

Let’s look at some of what he hasn’t managed to erase from the public memory:-

Homelessness. When Johnson became mayor, he promised to totally eradicate rough sleeping on the streets of London by 2012. Rough sleeping has doubled in the past five years.

Ticket offices. In 2008, Johnson promised there would "always be a manned ticket office at every Tube station". He has since closed all of them.

Tube strikes. In 2008, Johnson promised to negotiate a ‘no strike deal’ with the Tube unions to ensure that no strike action ever took place again on the London Underground. He did not even attempt to broker such a deal and has consistently refused to meet with Tube union leaders.  

Congestion charge. Johnson promised not to increase it above £8. He has done so twice; it now stands at £11.50.

Bike hire scheme. Johnson promised to broker a deal with a private company to bring thousands of bikes to the capital at no cost to the taxpayer. The scheme continues to operate at a loss and there are no plans to remove TfL's subsidy.

Fire service. Johnson repeatedly denied he had any plans to cut fire engines or fire stations. He has closed 10 fire stations and removed 27 fire engines from service.

Police officers. In 2012, Johnson promised to “make our streets and homes safer with 1,000 more police on the beat". A year later he claimed that any suggestion he had actually promised 1,000 more police officers was a "wilful misconstruction".

Cronyism. In 2008, Johnson promised to end what he called the "culture of cronyism" at City Hall. Since being elected, Johnson has hired a number of old colleagues and supporters, including his cycling commissioner Andrew Gilligan and the former editor of the Evening Standard Veronica Wadley, without any competitive recruitment process.

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2016/01/05/the-promises-boris-johnson-has-broken-as-mayor
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:38 pm

Supporting the above, a search of the web produces contemporary reports of Boris's manifesto promises for the curious: e.g.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/boris-johnson-2012-crime-manifesto
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:19 pm

Journalist and broadcaster Matthew Parris was also a Tory MP from 1979 until 1986. He shows in this article that he isn’t too impressed with the person most likely to lead his party if the British public vote to leave the EU……

Tories have got to end their affair with Boris

Somebody has to call a halt to the gathering pretence that if only you’re sufficiently comical in politics you can laugh everything off. Somebody has to remind us that it’s not enough for those who seek to govern us simply to be: they have to do. Incompetence is not funny. Policy vacuum is not funny. Administrative sloth is not funny. Breaking promises is not funny. A careless disregard for the truth is not funny. Advising old mates planning to beat somebody up is not funny. Abortions and gagging orders are not funny. Creeping ambition in a jester’s cap is not funny.

There’s a pattern to Boris’s life, and it isn’t the lust for office, or for applause, or for susceptible women, that mark out this pattern in red warning ink. It’s the casual dishonesty, the cruelty, the betrayal; and, beneath the betrayal, the emptiness of real ambition: the ambition to do anything useful with office once it is attained.

I will not name two of the women he impregnated, one of whom had an abortion and a miscarriage (she had believed he would marry her); the other bearing his child; and the Court of Appeal judge, refusing a ‘gagging order’ in 2013 to conceal her existence. Nor is there space to elaborate on his lies about the first case to Michael Howard, then his party leader, for which Howard sacked him. Nor on his sacking from 'The Times' for making up quotes. Nor the broken promise to his proprietors not to run for Parliament while editing ‘The Spectator’. Have we forgotten all this?

The article is now behind this paywall:-
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/columnists/article4721862.ece
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Penderyn Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:27 pm

I've talked to Matthew Paris and have always wondered why he was a tory. I decided that, like so many of them, he had never met any real British people before he became an MP, or lived in this country much. I thought he took Boris apart very well: Boris is our equivalent of Trump, isn't he, but Turkish rather than German in his foreign connections?
Penderyn
Penderyn
Deactivated

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:47 pm

Matthew Parris says that he became a Tory after reading 'Animal Farm'; he had an admiration for the intelligence of the pigs. I'm not sure that that makes much sense, but I guess we all have our reasons for our actions.

I don't know if a fetish for pigs had anything to do with Cameron joining the Tories, but he's certain been no stranger to 'porkies' and 'snouts in the trough' ever since .... pig

Boris Johnson is certainly our equivalent of Trump. I can't understand why Cecil Parkinson had to resign after impregnating his mistress, yet Johnson is a serial adulterer whose behaviour was described as "reckless" by that Court of Appeal judge. Have standards in public life deteriorated so much in thirty years?
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:14 pm

My advice is simple: Ignore Boris the Bore and instead concentrate attention upon his likely successor as Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan.

oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:35 pm

Nevertheless, the Boris-bashing continues..... Shocked

Boris Johnson - liar, conman – and PM?

From an article by Nick Cohen:-

It is easy to see how Boris Johnson could be PM by the autumn. ‘Leave’ wins, and Cameron resigns. We already know that a majority of the 140,000 or so Conservative Party members, who will decide the government of a country of 64 million, back him.

If countries get the politicians they deserve, the possibility of a Johnson premiership suggests that the British are now a nation of charlatans. No one who has studied him thinks he is telling the truth when he says he believes that it is in our best interests to leave the EU. Johnson’s attack on Cameron and support for Brexit is the smart move that will persuade previously unimpressed right-wing MPs to nominate him whether Cameron goes this summer or in 2019.

Johnson’s career has seen him embrace the worst of every profession he has entered: the worst of journalistic mendacity, the worst of celebrity entitlement, and the worst of political ambition without political purpose. Any man with a functioning sense of shame would have worried about his long record of supporting the EU. In February, Johnson was saying that leaving would embroil “the government for several years in a fiddly process of negotiating new arrangements, so diverting energy from the real problems of this country”. Elsewhere he acknowledged that we would not get free trade without accepting EU regulation and immigration. And it is not the case, as Johnson maintained, that the EU had banned the British from recycling tea bags or children under eight from blowing up balloons. Nor had it regulated the size of coffins.

For the whole article:-
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/26/boris-johnson-mendacious-eu-referendum-next-prime-minister

And this is what Max Hastings wrote in 2012:-

"If the day ever comes that Boris Johnson becomes tenant of Downing Street, I shall be among those packing my bags for a new life in Buenos Aires or suchlike, because it means that Britain has abandoned its last pretensions to be a serious country. I have known the mayor more than 20 years.

Most politicians are ambitious and ruthless, but Boris is a gold medal egomaniac. I would not trust him with my wife nor – from painful experience – my wallet. It is unnecessary to take any moral view about his almost crazed infidelities, but it is hard to believe that any man so conspicuously incapable of controlling his own libido is fit to be trusted with controlling the country.

His chaotic public persona is not an act – he is, indeed, manically disorganised about everything except his own image management. He is also a far more ruthless, and frankly nastier, figure than the public appreciates.
"

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/oct/10/boris-johnson-unfit-to-be-prime-minister
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:30 pm

Boris Johnson’s attack on Barack Obama belongs in the gutter

From an article by Nick Cohen:-

"Boris Johnson showed that he is a man without principle or shame. He is a braying charlatan, who lacks the courage even to be an honest bastard, for there is a kind of bastardly integrity in showing the world who you really are, but instead uses the tactics of the coward and the tricks of the fraudster to advance his worthless career.

He might have replied to President Obama’s argument that we should stay in the EU with arguments of his own. When Obama said that the EU magnified British influence in the world, Johnson might have shown how our membership diminished us. When Obama said that the EU spread values that had been nurtured in Britain – democracy, the rule of law and open markets – Johnson might have shown how the opposite was the case. When Obama, spoke of the special relationship between Britain and America, Johnson might have reassured doubters by explaining how it would survive Brexit.

But to do that would require Johnson to deploy facts British voters could check, and come up with arguments we could test. He would have to, in short, engage in rational debate. Only a fool would believe that he could. True to his recent form, Johnson preferred to imitate Donald Trump.......
"

Please read on:-
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/04/barack-obama-wants-boris-johnson-prefer-gutter/
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:26 pm

Boris is very popular, he makes people laugh.

So did Tommy Cooper, but you wouldn't choose either of them to run the Country.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:59 am

I noticed, last night on TV - he never once looked at the camera - looked shifty and disreputable to me.

I wonder if at some level he feels shame for the despicable media whore he has become
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon May 02, 2016 2:41 pm

Boris Johnson – the mayor who never was

From an article by Sonia Purnell:-

London has been neglected, left in the lurch by a leader who has been too busy earning half a million pounds a year through columns and books – too busy selling Brand Boris across the world – to tackle its urgent and worsening problems such as housing, pollution and congestion. The result has been an obvious and undesirable blow to the status and aspiration of London’s mayoralty – surely one of the most prestigious political jobs in the world.

Was it acceptable for Johnson to be running demanding parallel careers as writer, journalist and MP when London is facing an imminent terrorist threat, without – as many say – sufficient plans in place to cope? Was it credible that the mayor of a city that takes pride in and relies upon its diversity should attack the first black president of the United States for being, in Johnson’s dog-whistle phrase, “part Kenyan”?

London’s City Hall is no longer taken seriously. It seems unable to attract the equivalent of the big beasts of New York, those with the celebrated qualities of Mayor Bloomberg or Rudy Giuliani, whose commitment to their city has been unwavering. It is virtually impossible to imagine New Yorkers putting up with their mayor embarking on a distant vacation without a reliable phone signal, as Johnson did in the Rockies in 2011. It is even more incredible that they would re-elect someone who refused to return immediately when streets in his city were burning in the worst riots for a generation. But Londoners did just that.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/01/boris-johnson-mayor-never-was-london-vote
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:17 pm

The road to Brexit was paved with Boris Johnson’s Euromyths

Extracts from an article by Jean Quatremer:-

"The appointment of Boris Johnson as UK foreign secretary is no doubt a fine example of British humour: he is to diplomacy what Stalin was to democracy. It’s not every day that a country appoints as its global representative a known liar, a character for whom gross exaggeration, insult and racist innuendo seem utterly untroubling, a man apparently devoid of deep conviction about anything other than his own importance. But this humour has a price: it devalues what Britain says perhaps even more brutally than Brexit has devalued sterling.

Johnson’s reputation for mendacity pre-dates the referendum campaign. Nobody has forgotten his activities as a journalist in Brussels, where he was correspondent for ‘The Daily Telegraph’ between 1989 and 1994. Johnson was the incarnation of the gutter-press dictum: never let the facts get in the way of a good story. Johnson managed to invent an entire newspaper genre: the Euromyth, a story that had a tiny element of truth at the outset but which was magnified so far beyond reality that by the time it reached the reader it was false.

Johnson as politician applied similar methods: so despite a previous ambiguity about the wisdom of Britain leaving the EU, he became head of the leave campaign, never hesitating to lie or insult Britain’s EU partners if it furthered the cause. Yet it hasn't prevented him ending up at the head of the British diplomatic service. The global face of Britain is now a buffoon whose word is as reliable as a used-car salesman’s. But at least now we know that the Brexit negotiations will be brutal and dirty, and that the low blows will come thick and fast.
"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/15/brexit-boris-johnson-euromyths-telegraph-brussels
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:58 pm

Boris Johnson butt of jokes on Turkey trip

by David Hannay

The foreign secretary’s post-Brexit crash course on trade policy seems to have come up short, judging by some of the things he said on his visit to Turkey this week. For one thing Boris Johnson told the Turks that post-Brexit we would be able to have a “jumbo free trade area”. Did no-one brief the foreign secretary that we already have a jumbo free trade area with Turkey as part of our EU membership? That is no doubt why he bought the Turkish washing machine of which he is so proud. But we will lose that free trade when we leave.

What’s more, the Turks will not be able to negotiate free trade with us thereafter since they are bound by their customs union agreement with the EU to follow exactly the latter’s trade policy decisions. So the terms of our trade with Turkey will be set by the agreement we reach with the EU.

As to his offer to help with Turkey’s EU accession negotiations, what on earth was that intended to mean? As a non-member we will have no say over those negotiations. And the experience of the United States, who have been vociferous advocates of Turkey’s accession, is that they have done more harm than good by it. Diplomacy is a serious profession. It does have its lighter moments. But it is better not to be the butt of the joke.

https://infacts.org/boris-johnson-butt-jokes-turkey-trip/
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:36 am

What does Boris Johnson have to do to get sacked?  scratch

No 10 defends Boris Johnson over 'Brexit punishment beatings' quip

From an article by Michael Safi and Patrick Wintour:-

Boris Johnson has warned the French president, François Hollande, not to respond to Brexit by trying to “administer punishment beatings” in the manner of “some World War Two movie”. Johnson evoked the darkest period of France’s recent history as he rejected comments by an adviser to Hollande who said Britain should not expect a better trading relationship outside Europe than it currently enjoys inside. His words came only 24 hours after Theresa May reminded her cabinet ministers to show restraint by warning “any stray word” could make securing a Brexit deal more difficult. Although the French government declined to respond to Johnson’s remarks, Guy Verhofstadt, the lead Brexit negotiator for the European Parliament, branded them “abhorrent and deeply unhelpful”.

Tim Farron said: “This is an utterly crass and clueless remark from the man who is supposed to be our chief diplomat. I assume Boris Johnson says these things to deflect from the utter shambles this Brexit government is in over its plans to take Britain out of the single market.” Jeremy Corbyn’s spokesman said: “We’re well aware the foreign secretary has a habit of making wild and inappropriate comments, and talking about World War two in that context is another one of those. That’s not going to be something that’s going to improve the climate for these negotiations. I don’t think threats or wild comparisons or analogies are going to help the situation.” But Downing Street defended Johnson, saying he was only “making a theatrical comparison to some of those evocative WWII movies”.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/18/boris-johnson-world-war-two-punishment-beatings-brexit-francois-hollande
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:23 am

If the intention was to piss-off the rest of the World, Brexiteers are succeeding beyond their wildest dreams.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:59 am

A politician with any principles would have resigned from the government after May's speech on Tuesday, but we are talking about Boris Johnson:-

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2mdXO1UkAAqWbM.jpg

The same Boris Johnson who said this less than a year ago:-

Boris: "I would not shaft my brother" - Page 3 Boris_11
Source: Twitter
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:44 am

Models himself on Winston Churchill - needs a war to really feel at home - and he's doing his best, as Foreign Secretary, to cause one.
He's not really interested in politics - why would we expect him to have integrity?
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Boris Johnson shafted pedestrians on London Bridge when, as mayor, he took away the railings which protected them from traffic.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCBnf8NWsAAC2LZ.jpg
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:14 pm

Don't worry about BoJo replacing the Maybot, they're indistinguishable in the public mind, which is hoping to watch the Tory party being further punished for its recent behaviour.  

Nobody seems to have mentioned Gideon Osborne in that connection.  Would he/they dare?
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:30 pm

I would quite like to shaft Boris - where's the queue?
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:21 pm

This is hardly surprising. Withdrawal is not something for which Johnson is renowned......  afraid

Boris Johnson ridiculed over ‘Brexit paternity test’

From an article by Jessica Elgot:-

Boris Johnson should take “a paternity test” that would show he was the father of Brexit, Emily Thornberry has said in a swipe at the foreign secretary at the Labour conference, where she joked he should appear on the Jeremy Kyle Show. In a lively speech, Thornberry told delegates Johnson had “not been happy lately” in the cabinet. “Apparently he’s sick of being blamed for the way Brexit is going and all the broken promises of the Leave campaign”, she said.

“I’m sorry – what? Who does he think made all those promises? Who does he think was in charge of the Leave campaign? I know that Boris doesn’t like paternity tests, but maybe we need one for Brexit. Maybe we should take him into a studio with Jeremy Kyle: ‘Sorry, Mr Johnson, we got the results back and it looks like this one is one of yours. It must have been that wild night out you had with Michael Gove … I’ve calculated your maintenance payments and that’ll be £350m a week’.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/25/boris-johnson-ridiculed-brexit-paternity-test-emily-thornberry-joke-labour-conference
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:17 am

Emily Thornberry is one of my heroes at present - when I grow up I want some of that joyful badinage and wit
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:26 pm

After Boris Johnson caused offence with a Kipling poem in Myanmar, here’s a safer option for him (courtesy of David Schneider):-

Boris: "I would not shaft my brother" - Page 3 If_joh10
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK-Sk1pX0AARD4C.jpg
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:16 am

very appropriate
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by astradt1 Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:53 pm

I noticed that when asked what he thought of May's conference speech Boris replied that 'she (May) has set out her vision of the future'. Notice it wasn't the Cabinets or the governments vision but her's. Was Boris hinting that he did not agree with the vision? That he did not support that vision and wanted to distance himself from what she had said?.....Only time will tell.
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:16 pm

Reasons galore why Boris Johnson is totally unfit to become prime minister after the men in suits (or possibly white coats) come for the deluded Theresa May:-

48 things you need to know about Boris Johnson

Some examples:-

He said "the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies".

Married Johnson fathered a love child with art consultant Helen McIntyre in 2009.

Johnson's former Telegraph editor, Max Hastings, wrote: "I would not trust him with my wife nor - from painful experience - my wallet. It is hard to believe that a man so conspicuously incapable of controlling his own libido is fit to be trusted with controlling the country."

Johnson on morals, 2008: "Hypocrisy is at the heart of our national character."

Running for mayor in 2007, Johnson pledged to get rid of London's bendy buses as "they wipe out cyclists, there are many cyclists killed every year by them". In fact, no London cyclists were killed by bendy buses from their introduction in 2001 until their removal in 2011.

As mayor, Johnson claimed that he would introduce 'Boris bikes' to London "at no cost to the taxpayer". In 2013 it was revealed that each bike was actually costing Londoners £1,400 and that the annual £11 million subsidy could have bought each of the 38,000 annual users their own bicycle.

http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/48-things-boris-johnson-1-5202317
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:50 pm

Boris: "I would not shaft my brother"

I suspect his brother may be a bit brighter - and definitely less intoxicated - so he probably couldn't
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:30 pm

Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by boatlady Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:59 pm

AND he seems to have horrible teeth!
Cracking front page
boatlady
boatlady
Former Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:06 am

And here is part of the editorial from that copy of 'The New European' (5 October):-

"What does it say about Theresa May that she not only tolerates overt treachery from a man whose naked ambition (and apologies for that image) for her job is obvious, but actually comes out to try to defend and mollify him? What does it say about significant elements of the Tory Party when they not only tolerate his despicably crass remarks about clearing away dead bodies in Libya to build a holiday resort, but actually laugh it up? And what does it say about us as a nation, when our foreign secretary - the man representing Great Britain on the world stage - is not only considered by other nations as a buffoon, but, much worse, an ignorant irrelevance?

Boris Johnson encapsulates everything that is tragic about our sorry national state today. He is the founding father of this Brexit mess. He stinks of treachery and self-interest. He is a tinpot hack without a moral compass.
"

http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/theresa-may-should-sack-boris-johnson-1-5224015
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:33 pm

Ireland's govt 'told to ignore Boris Johnson' by Foreign Office

Foreign Office officials told Ireland's government "not to listen to whatever he had to say" ahead of Mr Johnson's visit to Dublin a few weeks ago. Extraordinarily, officials in Whitehall were very open with their counterparts in the Irish capital to "ignore the public utterances" of Britain's chief diplomat.

Johnson has committed a number of high-profile gaffes in recent months, while there are suggestions many within his department are unhappy with his performance since he was appointed last year.

https://news.sky.com/story/irelands-govt-told-to-ignore-boris-johnson-by-foreign-office-11150411
Ivan
Ivan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3