Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we save on fuel bills by swapping energy companies?

+9
Bellatori
Dan Fante
Ivan
bobby
boatlady
Mel
astra
oftenwrong
astradt1
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Can we save on fuel bills by swapping energy companies? - Page 3 Empty Chris Huhne claims UK energy prices are 'relatively good'

Post by astradt1 Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Energy Secretary Chris Huhne today claimed householders in Britain were enjoying 'relatively good electricity and gas prices' compared to other countries, amid fresh warnings that electricity bills are to soar by another £300.

Speaking ahead of a government summit with the 'Big Six' power firms, Mr Huhne also reminded consumers energy companies 'are not the Salvation Army, they are trying to make profits for their share-holders'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2049916/David-Cameron-reads-riot-act-energy-giants-electricity-bills-soar-300.html#ixzz1b3WVUsgU

Right so the bloke who is meant to 'try' and get energy companies to help hard pressed customers a better deal thinks we already have quite good at the moment......

Ther government keeps going on about insulating homes but there must be a limit to how much we all have......the same with double glazing and with the possible offer of a grant which can be 'put towards' the cost of replacement will still mean that there will be a cost to the customer who is already cutting back on spending due to a lack of spare cash.........
astradt1
astradt1

Back to top Go down

Can we save on fuel bills by swapping energy companies? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can we save on fuel bills by swapping energy companies?

Post by oftenwrong Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:56 pm

The newspapers are full of Tory propaganda saying that the number of claimants for JSA is falling. Now you can see why.

oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Can we save on fuel bills by swapping energy companies? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can we save on fuel bills by swapping energy companies?

Post by stuart torr Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:41 pm

This government is bloody well disgusting, I know I will have my meeting coming up soon, but I'm taking my solicitor with me.
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:31 pm

It may be my imagination but, on those rare occasions when I ask to see my solicitor, he appears to pat his wallet fondly when I walk into his office... Shocked

Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Hornby Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Save cash on heating bills this coming Winter- burn a Tory...! cheers
Phil Hornby
Phil Hornby
Blogger

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart torr Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:10 pm

not mine Phil, worked with me for years. Laughing
stuart torr
stuart torr
Deceased

Back to top Go down

Can we save on fuel bills by swapping energy companies? - Page 3 Empty Energy saving -v- money losing

Post by oftenwrong Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:41 pm

All the energy suppliers are cheerfully supporting the Government's line on SMART METERS.  Permitting remote reading, and promising extra information on how you consume gas and electric in the home to assist economic usage.

But you have to pay extra for having the meter, without knowing quite how much extra because the cost is incorporated within the "standing charge".  Some early-adopters have found it may be difficult to change Supplier, as they are allegedly unable to "read" meters of another Company.  How very convenient.  In other European countries there is a legal cap on the amount that can be charged for having a smart-meter, but not here.

http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by oftenwrong Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:07 pm

Like fleas on a dog, the internet has encouraged the growth of Comparison Sites. If you're thinking of changing your Supplier, there is a wide selection of people offering advice. Often though they will advise the name of a company which pays them a commission. Companies that don't may not even get mentioned. But that's alright if you know about it.

Slightly more subtle is the arrangement preferred by some Insurance companies to attract your business. They either own outright, or have a substantial share in, the apparently "independent" Comparison Site. Nothing illegal about that of course, but it's hardly drawn to your attention.

Be aware.
oftenwrong
oftenwrong
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3